Short Answer Questions Key
1. In Chapter 1, Mr. Durbeyfield meets the parson on the road. How does the parson greet him?
2. What does the parson tell Mr. Durbeyfield?
That Mr. Durbeyfield is related to the D'Urbervilles.
3. What does Mr. Durbeyfield do after he talks to the parson?
He hires a carriage to drive him home.
4. Where does Angel first see Tess?
At a dance on the green.
5. At the dance, why does Angel leave without talking to Tess?
He has to go catch up with his brother.
This section contains 6,201 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)