|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 47, Tess tries once more to get Alec to leave her alone. What does she do?
(a) Slaps him on the face with her leather glove.
(b) Tells him she has rejected religion.
(c) Slaps him in the face with a horse whip.
(d) Tells him she will tell her father that he is bothering her.
2. What does Angel threaten to do if Tess still refuses his proposals?
(a) Leave Talbothays.
(b) Ask her parents for her hand.
(c) Marry Marian.
(d) Marry Mercy Chant.
3. What does Tess learn from the person who visits her at the farm in Chapter 48?
(a) That her father is dying.
(b) That her mother is dead.
(c) That her father has been imprisoned for drunkenness.
(d) That her mother is dying.
4. Tess decides to go to Talbothays when she hears about a possible job there. Where is Talbothays located?
(a) On the outskirts of Marlott.
(b) In the Vale of Froom.
(c) In Ireland.
(d) About 5 miles from her father's house.
5. Who is the owner of the farm at Flintcomb Ash where Tess finds work?
(a) Farmer Flint.
(b) Farmer Grodie.
(c) Farmer Groby.
(d) Farmer Grimsby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character, introduced in Chapter 10, picks on Tess?
2. What does Tess name her baby?
3. What does Mr. Durbeyfield do after he talks to the parson?
4. What is Tess's reason for choosing to work at Talbothays?
5. Tess believes she is related to the D'Urbervilles at Tantridge by family ties. What kind of family ties exist between them?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)