|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tess learn about the significance of the monument?
(a) It is a symbol of chastity.
(b) It is a symbol of Christianity.
(c) It is a commemoration to someone who sold his soul to the devil.
(d) It is a pagan symbol.
2. At Talbothays,Tess shares sleeping quarters with ____, Izz Rhuett, and Rhetty.
3. How old is Tess when she goes to Talbothays?
4. In Chapter 38 Tess tells her mother that ______.
(a) Angel found out about Alec, but not from her.
(b) Angel found out about Alec, but forgave her for her past.
(c) She is going to join Angel once he's found a farm for them to live on.
(d) Alec contacted her, and she is going to work for his mother.
5. After Tess and Angel part, and Angel returns home, his parents are curious because Tess is not with him. Angel tells his parents that he doesn't want them to meet Tess yet because she is _____.
(a) Not educated enough yet.
(d) A liar.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story that is recounted in Chapter 29, who is the main male character?
2. While the family is camping out of doors after they've left Marlott, Alec notices that Tess is not there. He goes in search of her and finds her where?
3. In Chapter 25 Angel decides to go back to his parents' home. Why?
4. Who meets Tess and shows her around Tantridge?
5. How does Alec react when Tess tells him how she feels about what has happened between them?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)