|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tess's parents ask Tess for money. What is the reason they give for needing the money?
(a) Repair the outhouse roof.
(b) Pay for her brother's schooling.
(c) Repair the cottage roof.
(d) Buy more goats and chickens.
2. What do Angel and Tess find they have in common, that surprises them both?
(a) They both enjoy music.
(b) They both have religious parents.
(c) They are both disillusioned with the world.
(d) Neither one of them likes cows.
3. Why does Angel hit another man in Chapter 33?
(a) The man recognizes Tess and questions her virtue.
(b) The man is an old enemy of Angel's father.
(c) The man makes a pass at Tess.
(d) The man is drunk and knocks Tess down.
4. How does Alec react when Tess tells him how she feels about what has happened between them?
(a) He offers to marry her.
(b) He offers her money.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He pretends he doesn't know what she is talking about.
5. In Chapter 37, what happens during the night?
(a) Tess leaves the manor and Angel, and starts the journey to her parents' house.
(b) Angel wakes Tess, wraps her in a shroud, and puts her in a coffin.
(c) Tess wakes Angel and begs once more for forgiveness.
(d) Angel wakes Tess and tells her he forgives her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 52, Angel returns to ____.
2. When Tess is introduced to Mrs. D'Urberville, how is she treated?
3. Angel wakes one morning to find that he and Tess are surrounded by ____ men.
4. How does Mr. Crick hear that the butter has a funny taste?
5. In Chapter 25 Angel decides to go back to his parents' home. Why?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)