|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 47 | Chapter 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the morning, after the scene in the graveyard, Tess and Angel travel to _____.
(c) His parents' home.
2. In Chapter 41, while walking in the woods, Tess comes across _____.
(a) A flock of injured geese.
(b) A flock of dying pheasants.
(c) A flock of blackbirds.
3. While Tess is working in the fields at Flintcomb Ash, Alec appears and asks Tess to ____.
(b) Forgive him and forget what happened between them.
(c) Go to Africa with him as missionaries.
(d) Divorce Angel.
4. What is Tess's reaction to the job offer at Tantridge?
(c) Nervous but happy.
(d) Reluctant and uneasy.
5. In Chapter 40, who says "nobody could love 'ee more than Tess did! . . . She would have laid down her life for 'ee."
(b) Mrs. Durbeyfield.
(c) Mr. Crick.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 37, what happens during the night?
2. What does Tess finally decide the relationship between herself and Angel?
3. What do Angel and his father do at the end of their talk?
4. What 'bad omen' occurs just as Angel and Tess are leaving the farm?
5. Who does Tess learn is responsible for the change in Alec?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)