|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 47 | Chapter 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After their marriage, Angel makes a confession about his own past, and an incident that happened in London. What does he confess?
(a) That he is color blind.
(b) That he seduced Rhetty before Tess came to the dairy.
(c) That he had an affair with a woman in London.
(d) That he knows about her relationship with Alec.
2. How does Marian react to the marriage?
(a) She refuses to speak to Tess.
(b) Quits her job and leaves the farm.
(c) She tries to drown herself.
(d) She gets drunk.
3. In Chapter 3, Tess is left in charge of all the younger children. Where have her parents gone?
(a) To a dance.
(b) To visit a sick friend.
(c) To the pub.
4. What 'bad omen' occurs just as Angel and Tess are leaving the farm?
(b) A rooster crows in the afternoon.
(c) One of the cows miscarries.
(d) There is a ghost in the carriage.
5. Tess has made a pact with the other dairymaids. What does she swear?
(a) Not to tell anyone about Alec.
(b) Not to marry Angel.
(c) That she will never lie to them.
(d) That she will remain at Talbothays as long as they do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plan does Tess's mother come up with to help the family?
2. Talbothays is located very close to ______.
3. Angel and Tess agree to separate. What does Angel tell Tess when they part?
4. When Tess is introduced to Mrs. D'Urberville, how is she treated?
5. On the trip to Tantridge, Tess considers returning home. Why?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)