|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 47 | Chapter 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Tess is at Talbothays, she is quite happy. What causes her happiness?
(a) She is far away from Marlott.
(b) She likes working for Mr. Crick.
(c) She is falling in love with Angel.
(d) No one knows about her past so she feels renewed.
2. What does Angel's father tell him on the walk out of town?
(a) That he tried to convert Alec, and succeeded.
(b) That Angel's brothers are jealous of him.
(c) That he wants Angel to join the clergy.
(d) That he tried to convert Alec, but failed.
3. What does Tess learn about the significance of the monument?
(a) It is a pagan symbol.
(b) It is a symbol of Christianity.
(c) It is a commemoration to someone who sold his soul to the devil.
(d) It is a symbol of chastity.
4. What kind of work does Tess do at Talbothays?
(c) Caretaker of birds.
(d) Dairy maid.
5. Who tells Tess about the farm at Flintcomb Ash, and that she might find work there?
(b) Mrs. Crick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Angel accompanies Tess part of the way home to Marlott. When they are parting at the crossroads near Marlott, what does Angel do?
2. What plan does Tess's mother come up with to help the family?
3. Alec wants to marry Tess because ____.
4. Where does Angel first see Tess?
5. What motivates Tess to make a promise to Angel?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)