|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 47 | Chapter 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Tess discover?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) The family fortunes have improved.
(c) She can't remember what Alec looked like.
(d) Her mother is pregnant.
2. Hardy's description of Tess and Angel likens them to ___.
(a) Troilus and Cressida.
(b) Helen of Troy and Agamemnon.
(c) Adam and Eve.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
3. When Angel tells Tess he loves her, and hugs her, she makes an excuse to move out of his embrace. What is her excuse?
(a) That the cow might kick over the milk pail.
(b) That she has been stung by a bee.
(c) That she doesn't want anyone to see them.
(d) That she doesn't feel the same way.
4. In Chapter 37, what happens during the night?
(a) Tess leaves the manor and Angel, and starts the journey to her parents' house.
(b) Angel wakes Tess, wraps her in a shroud, and puts her in a coffin.
(c) Tess wakes Angel and begs once more for forgiveness.
(d) Angel wakes Tess and tells her he forgives her.
5. What do Angel's parents read to him?
(a) A biblical passage about the imporance of marriage.
(b) A biblical passage about forgiveness.
(c) A biblical passage about virtue.
(d) A biblical passage about pre-marital sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tess's reason for choosing to work at Talbothays?
2. To make herself unattractive, Tess _____.
3. Why has Tess made a pact with the other dairymaids?
4. What is Tess's mother's response when she hears about the sexual encounter between Tess and Alec?
5. Angel has hung ____ over the marriage bed.
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)