|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 47 | Chapter 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Angel continue to pursue Tess?
(a) He thinks she is refusing because of the difference in class between them.
(b) He is used to getting his own way.
(c) Now that he's told his parents about Tess, he will be embarrassed if she doesn't marry him.
(d) The other dairymaids tell him Tess is just playing hard to get.
2. Who tells Tess about the farm at Flintcomb Ash, and that she might find work there?
(a) Mrs. Crick.
3. What advice does Tess receive in response to the letter she has sent asking for advice about whether to tell Angel the truth?
(a) That she should forget about marriage and concentrate on earning a living.
(b) That she should not tell Angel the whole truth.
(c) That she should tell Angel the whole truth.
(d) That she should return to her parents' home.
4. What plan does Tess's mother come up with to help the family?
(a) She plans to get her husband to stop drinking so much.
(b) She plans to send Tess to live with a member of the D'Uberville family in another town.
(c) She plans to enlarge the bee hives so they will bring in more cash.
(d) She plans to find more work so that she can earn money.
5. What does Tess do as a result of the altercation between Angel and the other man, in Chapter 32?
(a) Asks Angel to call the police and report the other man for slander.
(b) Asks Angel if they can get married sooner.
(c) Tells Angel she doesn't want him fighting on her behalf.
(d) Slips a letter under his door, telling him the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tess believes she is related to the D'Urbervilles at Tantridge by family ties. What kind of family ties exist between them?
2. How does Tess react to what Alec tells her?
3. While Tess is at Talbothays, she is quite happy. What causes her happiness?
4. On the first night of their marriage, Tess and Angel _____.
5. Why has Tess made a pact with the other dairymaids?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)