|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 47 | Chapter 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Angel reconsiders his attitude towards Tess and his rejection of her, when ___.
(a) An Englishman he meets in Belize tells him he was wrong to abandon Tess.
(b) An Englishman he meets in Brazil tells him he was wrong to abandon Tess.
(c) Alec writes to him and asks him to divorce Tess.
(d) He hears that Tess is in contact with Alec again.
2. Angel's father refused to send him to college. Why?
(a) Angel's family is wealthy so he won't need to study for a career.
(b) He can't afford it.
(c) Angel has rejected religious principles and won't be part of the clergy, so his father thinks he doesn't really need a college education.
(d) He thinks college is a waste of money.
3. In the story that is recounted in Chapter 29, who is the main male character?
(a) Mr. Doll.
(b) Mr. Swallow.
(c) Mr. Doldrum.
(d) Mr. Dollop.
4. In Chapter 27 what does Angel do on his return to Talbothays?
(a) Tells Mr. Crick he is leaving his job.
(b) Asks Tess to run away with him.
(c) Asks Tess to marry him.
(d) Pursues one of the other dairymaids.
5. What does Angel buy for Tess, in Chapter 32?
(a) A new house.
(d) Clothes for the wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tess considers telling Angel about her link with the D'Urbervilles, but decides against it. Why?
2. What does Alec do in Chapter 9 that Tess doesn't like?
3. What job does Tess do at the farm, until winter arrives?
4. In Chapter 37, what happens during the night?
5. Who actually sent the letter inviting Tess to work at Tantridge?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)