|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 25 Angel decides to go back to his parents' home. Why?
(a) Because his father is ill.
(b) To ask their opinion about his desire to marry Tess.
(c) To get away from Tess.
(d) To join the clergy.
2. When Angel encounters the dairymaids trying to cross the river on the way to church, what does he do?
(a) Asks Tess to a dance.
(b) Tells Tess he likes her but could never marry her.
(c) Carries the dairy maids across the flooded water.
(d) Kisses Tess.
3. After their marriage, Angel makes a confession about his own past, and an incident that happened in London. What does he confess?
(a) That he is color blind.
(b) That he seduced Rhetty before Tess came to the dairy.
(c) That he knows about her relationship with Alec.
(d) That he had an affair with a woman in London.
4. When Tess tells Angel about her true past, how does she expect he will react?
(a) Forgive her.
(b) Be angry.
(c) Divorce her.
(d) Say it doesn't matter.
5. In Chapter 36, who says "I think of people more kindly when I am away from them."
(b) Mrs. Durbeyfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 27 what does Angel do on his return to Talbothays?
2. What is one of Tess's duties at the farm?
3. What does Mr. Durbeyfield do after he talks to the parson?
4. Angel and Tess set their wedding date for ____.
5. What does Tess tell Angel in Chapter 30 about her past?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)