|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tess tells Angel about her true past, how does she expect he will react?
(a) Be angry.
(b) Divorce her.
(c) Forgive her.
(d) Say it doesn't matter.
2. What does Angel tell Tess about Alec?
(a) That he is not really a D'Urberville.
(b) That he is a mercenary.
(c) That he has been run over by a horse.
(d) That he is a cousin of Angel's.
3. When Tess falls asleep in the leaves, what does Alec do?
(a) He watches her sleep.
(b) He holds her hand.
(c) He wakes her up so they can go home.
(d) He seduces her.
4. In Chapter 40, who says "nobody could love 'ee more than Tess did! . . . She would have laid down her life for 'ee."
(b) Mrs. Durbeyfield.
(d) Mr. Crick.
5. In Chapter 29 who tells a story that influences Tess greatly?
(a) Tess's mother.
(b) Mrs. Crick.
(c) Dairyman Crick.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Angel react when Tess confesses her secret?
2. How does Angel react when Tess tells him about her past?
3. Seeing Angel's reaction to her confession, Tess offers to ____.
4. Why does Tess wake up at 2 a.m.?
5. What do Angel's parents read to him?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)