|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After their marriage, Angel makes a confession about his own past, and an incident that happened in London. What does he confess?
(a) That he had an affair with a woman in London.
(b) That he is color blind.
(c) That he seduced Rhetty before Tess came to the dairy.
(d) That he knows about her relationship with Alec.
2. What does Angel buy for Tess, in Chapter 32?
(a) Clothes for the wedding.
(d) A new house.
3. Tess believes she is related to the D'Urbervilles at Tantridge by family ties. What kind of family ties exist between them?
(a) She and Alec share the same great-grandmother.
(b) None, they have changed their name to hide how they became rich.
(c) Her father's brother married Alec's cousin.
(d) She and the D'Urbervilles are third cousins by marriage.
4. Why does Tess blame herself for the death of the horse?
(a) She thinks if she hadn't fallen asleep, she could have prevented the accident.
(b) Her father tells her it is her fault.
(c) She thinks she shouldn't have taken the horse out in the dark.
(d) She caused the accident that resulted in the horse being killed.
5. What does Tess name her baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. What 'bad omen' occurs just as Angel and Tess are leaving the farm?
2. How does Marian react to the marriage?
3. Tess considers telling Angel about her link with the D'Urbervilles, but decides against it. Why?
4. How does Alec react when Tess tells him how she feels about what has happened between them?
5. What does the parson tell Mr. Durbeyfield?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)