|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tess's mother's response when she hears about the sexual encounter between Tess and Alec?
(a) She tells Tess that it is her own fault.
(b) She is angry that Tess didn't force Alec to marry her.
(c) She doesn't believe Tess.
(d) She is angry at Alec for hurting Tess.
2. In the story that is recounted in Chapter 29, who is the main male character?
(a) Mr. Dollop.
(b) Mr. Doldrum.
(c) Mr. Doll.
(d) Mr. Swallow.
3. Tess considers telling Angel about her link with the D'Urbervilles, but decides against it. Why?
(a) She is afraid he will think she is putting on airs.
(b) She isn't sure she wants anyone to know.
(c) She thinks he won't believe her.
(d) Mr. Crick tells her Angel has scorn for old noble families.
4. What do Angel and his father do at the end of their talk?
(a) Have an argument.
(b) Pray for Alec.
(c) Go to church.
(d) Pray for Angel's brothers.
5. When her parents do not return from the pub, who does Tess send after them to bring them home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alec do in Chapter 9 that Tess doesn't like?
2. When Tess leaves her parents house to go look for work elsewhere, what does she leave for her parents?
3. Angel's two brothers are named Cuthert and ____?
4. What does Angel tell Tess about Alec?
5. Who comes to fetch Tess and take her to Tantridge?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)