|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When her parents still don't come home, what does Tess finally do?
(a) Sends her sister to find them.
(b) Locks the other children in the cottage and goes to fetch her parents.
(c) Asks a neighbor to go get them.
(d) Goes to sleep.
2. When Tess tells Angel about her true past, how does she expect he will react?
(a) Say it doesn't matter.
(b) Be angry.
(c) Divorce her.
(d) Forgive her.
3. What 'bad omen' occurs just as Angel and Tess are leaving the farm?
(a) A rooster crows in the afternoon.
(b) One of the cows miscarries.
(c) There is a ghost in the carriage.
4. Hardy's description of Tess and Angel likens them to ___.
(a) Helen of Troy and Agamemnon.
(b) Adam and Eve.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Troilus and Cressida.
5. What does Tess tell Angel in Chapter 30 about her past?
(a) That she is already married.
(b) That she has had a baby.
(c) That she is related to the D'Urbervilles.
(d) That Alec seduced her.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Talbothays, Tess is supervised by ______.
2. Angel and Tess set their wedding date for ____.
3. Why does Tess wake up at 2 a.m.?
4. Where does Angel finally confess his love for Tess?
5. How does Mr. Crick hear that the butter has a funny taste?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)