|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Angel accompanies Tess part of the way home to Marlott. When they are parting at the crossroads near Marlott, what does Angel do?
(a) Promises he will come back for Tess once he's got his farm.
(b) Gives her money and tells her to contact him if she needs more.
(c) Gives Tess money and tells her to contact his parents if she needs more.
(d) Gives her a letter.
2. What motivates Tess to make a promise to Angel?
(a) She wants him to leave her alone.
(b) Angel asks her to make a promise.
(c) It wouldn't be fair to marry him if he doesn't know about her past.
(d) The other dairymaids urge her to do so.
3. In Chapter 29 who tells a story that influences Tess greatly?
(a) Dairyman Crick.
(b) Tess's mother.
(d) Mrs. Crick.
4. How does Tess feel about Alec in Chapter 9?
(a) She thinks he is too snobbish.
(b) She is attracted to him.
(c) She likes him but he makes her nervous.
(d) Tess distrusts him.
5. Tess decides to go to Talbothays when she hears about a possible job there. Where is Talbothays located?
(a) On the outskirts of Marlott.
(b) About 5 miles from her father's house.
(c) In the Vale of Froom.
(d) In Ireland.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the trip to Tantridge, Tess considers returning home. Why?
2. At Talbothays, Tess is supervised by ______.
3. When Tess falls asleep in the leaves, what does Alec do?
4. How much time has elapsed between the time Tess came home from Tantridge and the time she starts working at Talbothays?
5. Angel and Tess set their wedding date for ____.
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)