|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to fetch Tess and take her to Tantridge?
(b) She takes the train.
(c) Her brother.
(d) A servant.
2. Why does Tess wake up at 2 a.m.?
(a) She has to take the bee hives to market in another town.
(b) Her sister is crying.
(c) She's worried about the family's finances and can't sleep.
(d) She had a bad dream.
3. What gift does Tess receive from Angel's parents?
(a) Gold goblets.
(b) A horse and coach.
(c) Sapphire earrings.
(d) Diamond jewelry.
4. How does Marian react to the marriage?
(a) Quits her job and leaves the farm.
(b) She refuses to speak to Tess.
(c) She tries to drown herself.
(d) She gets drunk.
5. How does Mr. Crick hear that the butter has a funny taste?
(a) Rhetty tells him.
(b) Someone stops him at the market to tell him.
(c) He gets a letter from a customer.
(d) He reads it in the newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tess appears to lose hope in Chapter 13. Why?
2. When Angel encounters the dairymaids trying to cross the river on the way to church, what does he do?
3. Why does Angel hit another man in Chapter 33?
4. Why does Tess blame herself for the death of the horse?
5. Why has Tess made a pact with the other dairymaids?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)