|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the morning, after the scene in the graveyard, Tess and Angel travel to _____.
(d) His parents' home.
2. Tess has made a pact with the other dairymaids. What does she swear?
(a) That she will remain at Talbothays as long as they do.
(b) Not to tell anyone about Alec.
(c) That she will never lie to them.
(d) Not to marry Angel.
3. What do Angel and Tess find they have in common, that surprises them both?
(a) Neither one of them likes cows.
(b) They both have religious parents.
(c) They both enjoy music.
(d) They are both disillusioned with the world.
4. How does Alec react when Tess tells him how she feels about what has happened between them?
(a) He offers to marry her.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He pretends he doesn't know what she is talking about.
(d) He offers her money.
5. In Chapter 1, Mr. Durbeyfield meets the parson on the road. How does the parson greet him?
(a) Mr. Durbeyfield.
(b) Sir James.
(c) Sir John.
(d) Mr. D.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, what do Tess and the other dairymaids encounter on the way to church?
2. When Tess first sees Angel, what is her reaction?
3. While the dairy maids are out in the pasture searching for noxious weeds, Tess feels faint. What does Mr. Crick tell her?
4. Angel and Tess agree to separate. What does Angel tell Tess when they part?
5. Why has Tess made a pact with the other dairymaids?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)