|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tess falls asleep in the leaves, what does Alec do?
(a) He wakes her up so they can go home.
(b) He seduces her.
(c) He holds her hand.
(d) He watches her sleep.
2. What does Mr. Crick think made the butter taste unpleasant?
(a) The cows are nervous and are giving bad milk.
(b) The butter churn is not working properly.
(c) The cows have been eating garlic weeds.
(d) The milk is too warm, and has started to turn sour.
3. When Tess is introduced to Mrs. D'Urberville, how is she treated?
(a) Like a long-lost relative.
(b) She is made welcome.
(c) With friendship.
(d) Like any other servant.
4. Why does the character who picks on Tess do so?
(a) She is one of Alec's former conquests and is jealous of Tess.
(b) She doesn't like strangers and wants Tess to leave.
(c) She wants Alec to stick up for her.
(d) She thinks Tess is going to hit her.
5. At the dance, why does Angel leave without talking to Tess?
(a) He has to go catch up with his brother.
(b) He wants to see if Tess is watching him.
(c) He thinks she is busy talking to someone else.
(d) He is too shy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tess decide not to return home from Tantridge after all?
2. When Angel looks back and sees Tess from the top of the hill, what does he think?
3. What does Alec do in Chapter 9 that Tess doesn't like?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Tess discover?
5. Who actually sent the letter inviting Tess to work at Tantridge?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)