|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tess blame herself for the death of the horse?
(a) Her father tells her it is her fault.
(b) She thinks she shouldn't have taken the horse out in the dark.
(c) She thinks if she hadn't fallen asleep, she could have prevented the accident.
(d) She caused the accident that resulted in the horse being killed.
2. Tess receives an offer of work at Tantridge taking care of the _____.
3. In Chapter 3, Tess is left in charge of all the younger children. Where have her parents gone?
(b) To visit a sick friend.
(c) To the pub.
(d) To a dance.
4. At dinnertime, Angel is seated at a different table than the other dairy workers because ______.
(a) The dairyman's wife is afraid he will corrupt the dairymaids.
(b) He is of a higher class.
(c) He likes to read while he eats dinner.
(d) He has a contagious disease.
5. Hardy's description of Tess and Angel likens them to ___.
(a) Adam and Eve.
(b) Helen of Troy and Agamemnon.
(c) Troilus and Cressida.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alec do in Chapter 9 that Tess doesn't like?
2. What does Tess's mother hope will happen once Tess arrives at Tantridge?
3. How old is Tess when she goes to Talbothays?
4. Angel tries to help Tess out with her chores. What does he do?
5. When her parents still don't come home, what does Tess finally do?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)