|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tess overhear talking about Angel?
(a) An unhappy customer.
(b) Marian, Izz Rhuett, and Rhetty.
(c) Mrs. Crick.
(d) Mr. Crick.
2. What conditions does Tess place on her agreement to go live with the D'Urbervilles in Tantridge?
(a) She will ask if she can work for them, but she won't ask them for money.
(b) She will go if she can take Abraham with her.
(c) She agrees to go if her mother forgives her for her role in the horse's death.
(d) She will go if she can have new clothes so she will fit in.
3. Angel's father refused to send him to college. Why?
(a) He can't afford it.
(b) Angel's family is wealthy so he won't need to study for a career.
(c) Angel has rejected religious principles and won't be part of the clergy, so his father thinks he doesn't really need a college education.
(d) He thinks college is a waste of money.
4. What does the parson tell Mr. Durbeyfield?
(a) That Mr. Durbeyfield's house is on fire.
(b) That Mr. Durbeyfield is related to the D'Urbervilles.
(c) That he thinks it is going to rain.
(d) That Mr. Durbeyfield has won a small fortune.
5. Why does the character who picks on Tess do so?
(a) She thinks Tess is going to hit her.
(b) She is one of Alec's former conquests and is jealous of Tess.
(c) She doesn't like strangers and wants Tess to leave.
(d) She wants Alec to stick up for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Angel and Tess find they have in common, that surprises them both?
2. What is Tess's reaction to the job offer at Tantridge?
3. Who comes along just as a fight is about to break out between Tess and another woman?
4. Tess decides to go to Talbothays when she hears about a possible job there. Where is Talbothays located?
5. How much time has elapsed between the time Tess came home from Tantridge and the time she starts working at Talbothays?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)