|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Talbothays, Tess is supervised by ______.
(a) Mr. Crick.
(b) Mr. Talbothay.
(c) No one.
(d) Mr. Clare.
2. What does Tess determine to do about the fact that the other dairymaids love Angel?
(a) Avoid him so he will spend time with the others.
(b) Ask him how he feels about them.
(c) Ask him to make a choice.
(d) Tell him they aren't good enough for him.
3. How does Tess react to what Alec tells her?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She thinks he is boring.
(c) She says she is going to walk home.
(d) She asks him to tell her more about it.
4. When her parents still don't come home, what does Tess finally do?
(a) Locks the other children in the cottage and goes to fetch her parents.
(b) Sends her sister to find them.
(c) Asks a neighbor to go get them.
(d) Goes to sleep.
5. Tess believes she is related to the D'Urbervilles at Tantridge by family ties. What kind of family ties exist between them?
(a) She and the D'Urbervilles are third cousins by marriage.
(b) Her father's brother married Alec's cousin.
(c) None, they have changed their name to hide how they became rich.
(d) She and Alec share the same great-grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Talbothays is located very close to ______.
2. Hardy's description of Tess and Angel likens them to ___.
3. Who meets Tess and shows her around Tantridge?
4. What is Tess's reaction to the job offer at Tantridge?
5. How much time has elapsed between the time Tess came home from Tantridge and the time she starts working at Talbothays?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)