|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what does Alec tell Tess on the way home?
(a) That he will take care of her.
(b) That she shouldn't get into any fights.
(c) That he wants to be a doctor.
(d) That he loves her.
2. At dinnertime, Angel is seated at a different table than the other dairy workers because ______.
(a) He likes to read while he eats dinner.
(b) The dairyman's wife is afraid he will corrupt the dairymaids.
(c) He has a contagious disease.
(d) He is of a higher class.
3. When her parents still don't come home, what does Tess finally do?
(a) Goes to sleep.
(b) Locks the other children in the cottage and goes to fetch her parents.
(c) Sends her sister to find them.
(d) Asks a neighbor to go get them.
4. Who comes to fetch Tess and take her to Tantridge?
(b) A servant.
(c) She takes the train.
(d) Her brother.
5. Who eventually baptizes the child?
(a) The kind-hearted bishop.
(c) No one.
(d) The pastor.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the trip to Tantridge, Tess considers returning home. Why?
2. What does Tess's mother hope will happen once Tess arrives at Tantridge?
3. At Talbothays, Tess is supervised by ______.
4. How does Tess react to what Alec tells her?
5. Who comes along just as a fight is about to break out between Tess and another woman?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)