|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tess falls asleep in the leaves, what does Alec do?
(a) He seduces her.
(b) He wakes her up so they can go home.
(c) He watches her sleep.
(d) He holds her hand.
2. In Chapter 13, what does Tess discover?
(a) Her mother is pregnant.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She can't remember what Alec looked like.
(d) The family fortunes have improved.
3. How old is Tess when she goes to Talbothays?
4. While Tess is at Talbothays, she is quite happy. What causes her happiness?
(a) She is far away from Marlott.
(b) She is falling in love with Angel.
(c) She likes working for Mr. Crick.
(d) No one knows about her past so she feels renewed.
5. What conditions does Tess place on her agreement to go live with the D'Urbervilles in Tantridge?
(a) She agrees to go if her mother forgives her for her role in the horse's death.
(b) She will go if she can take Abraham with her.
(c) She will ask if she can work for them, but she won't ask them for money.
(d) She will go if she can have new clothes so she will fit in.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Talbothays, Tess is supervised by ______.
2. Who meets Tess and shows her around Tantridge?
3. In Chapter 12, what does Tess decide to do after she's been at the D'Urberville mansion for a few weeks?
4. In Chapter 11, what does Alec tell Tess on the way home?
5. How does Tess feel about Alec in Chapter 9?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)