|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tess proves herself to have a stubborn streak. In Chapter 8, how is her stubbornness shown by the author?
(a) She refuses to show that she is nervous.
(b) She will not let anyone help her with her luggage.
(c) She refuses to ride in the carriage with Alec, but walks alongside instead.
(d) She refuses to drive the horses, because she doesn't want to get dirty.
2. Tess decides to go to Talbothays when she hears about a possible job there. Where is Talbothays located?
(a) About 5 miles from her father's house.
(b) In the Vale of Froom.
(c) On the outskirts of Marlott.
(d) In Ireland.
3. Talbothays is located very close to ______.
(b) The ancestral burial grounds of the D'Urbervilles.
(d) The town of West Clare.
4. Who actually sent the letter inviting Tess to work at Tantridge?
(a) Alec's mother.
(b) Mrs. Durbeyfield.
5. What does Mr. Durbeyfield do after he talks to the parson?
(a) He hires a carriage to drive him home.
(b) He goes back to the pub.
(c) He tells his family he's rich.
(d) He decides to take a walk by the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tess's reaction to the job offer at Tantridge?
2. What does the parson tell Mr. Durbeyfield?
3. Who does Tess overhear talking about Angel?
4. How does Tess react to what Alec tells her?
5. At the dance, why does Angel leave without talking to Tess?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)