|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tess proves herself to have a stubborn streak. In Chapter 8, how is her stubbornness shown by the author?
(a) She refuses to drive the horses, because she doesn't want to get dirty.
(b) She refuses to show that she is nervous.
(c) She will not let anyone help her with her luggage.
(d) She refuses to ride in the carriage with Alec, but walks alongside instead.
2. At the dance, why does Angel leave without talking to Tess?
(a) He thinks she is busy talking to someone else.
(b) He wants to see if Tess is watching him.
(c) He is too shy.
(d) He has to go catch up with his brother.
3. What is Tess's mother's response when she hears about the sexual encounter between Tess and Alec?
(a) She is angry that Tess didn't force Alec to marry her.
(b) She doesn't believe Tess.
(c) She is angry at Alec for hurting Tess.
(d) She tells Tess that it is her own fault.
4. What is one of Tess's duties at the farm?
(a) She has to make sure the cows don't escape.
(b) She has to wake up the other dairymaids at 3 a.m.
(c) She has to make the beds.
(d) She has to take the milk to market.
5. What do Angel and Tess find they have in common, that surprises them both?
(a) They both enjoy music.
(b) Neither one of them likes cows.
(c) They are both disillusioned with the world.
(d) They both have religious parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Talbothays,Tess shares sleeping quarters with ____, Izz Rhuett, and Rhetty.
2. While the dairy maids are out in the pasture searching for noxious weeds, Tess feels faint. What does Mr. Crick tell her?
3. When her parents do not return from the pub, who does Tess send after them to bring them home?
4. Tess decides to go to Talbothays when she hears about a possible job there. Where is Talbothays located?
5. When Tess's baby becomes ill, she is upset because ______.
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)