|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When her parents do not return from the pub, who does Tess send after them to bring them home?
2. In Chapter 3, Tess is left in charge of all the younger children. Where have her parents gone?
(b) To a dance.
(c) To the pub.
(d) To visit a sick friend.
3. Talbothays is located very close to ______.
(b) The ancestral burial grounds of the D'Urbervilles.
(d) The town of West Clare.
4. What does the parson tell Mr. Durbeyfield?
(a) That Mr. Durbeyfield's house is on fire.
(b) That Mr. Durbeyfield is related to the D'Urbervilles.
(c) That Mr. Durbeyfield has won a small fortune.
(d) That he thinks it is going to rain.
5. Tess believes she is related to the D'Urbervilles at Tantridge by family ties. What kind of family ties exist between them?
(a) None, they have changed their name to hide how they became rich.
(b) She and the D'Urbervilles are third cousins by marriage.
(c) Her father's brother married Alec's cousin.
(d) She and Alec share the same great-grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tess considers telling Angel about her link with the D'Urbervilles, but decides against it. Why?
2. Who eventually baptizes the child?
3. What does Mr. Durbeyfield do after he talks to the parson?
4. In Chapter 11, what does Alec tell Tess on the way home?
5. How does Tess react to what Alec tells her?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)