|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character, introduced in Chapter 10, picks on Tess?
(a) The police officer.
(b) Angel's brother.
(c) The Queen of Spades.
(d) The dark-haired milkmaid.
2. When Tess falls asleep in the leaves, what does Alec do?
(a) He holds her hand.
(b) He watches her sleep.
(c) He wakes her up so they can go home.
(d) He seduces her.
3. When Tess first sees Angel, what is her reaction?
(a) She is afraid he might recognize her.
(b) She is happy to see someone familiar-looking.
(c) She thinks he is funny-looking.
(d) She doesn't like him at all.
4. What is one of Tess's duties at the farm?
(a) She has to make the beds.
(b) She has to take the milk to market.
(c) She has to wake up the other dairymaids at 3 a.m.
(d) She has to make sure the cows don't escape.
5. How old is Tess when she goes to Talbothays?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tess decide not to return home from Tantridge after all?
2. When Tess's baby becomes ill, she is upset because ______.
3. Tess proves herself to have a stubborn streak. In Chapter 8, how is her stubbornness shown by the author?
4. While Tess is at Talbothays, she is quite happy. What causes her happiness?
5. When Tess is introduced to Mrs. D'Urberville, how is she treated?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)