|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Tess is at Talbothays, she is quite happy. What causes her happiness?
(a) She likes working for Mr. Crick.
(b) She is falling in love with Angel.
(c) She is far away from Marlott.
(d) No one knows about her past so she feels renewed.
2. When Tess is introduced to Mrs. D'Urberville, how is she treated?
(a) With friendship.
(b) She is made welcome.
(c) Like any other servant.
(d) Like a long-lost relative.
3. What does Tess name her baby?
4. How does Mr. Crick hear that the butter has a funny taste?
(a) Rhetty tells him.
(b) He reads it in the newspaper.
(c) He gets a letter from a customer.
(d) Someone stops him at the market to tell him.
5. In Chapter 12, what does Tess decide to do after she's been at the D'Urberville mansion for a few weeks?
(a) Return home.
(b) Tell Mrs. D'Urberville what Alec has done to her.
(c) Confront the Queen of Spades.
(d) Marry Alec.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Angel and Tess find they have in common, that surprises them both?
2. On the trip to Tantridge, Tess considers returning home. Why?
3. At Talbothays Tess meets Angel - what does Angel's father do for a living?
4. When her parents do not return from the pub, who does Tess send after them to bring them home?
5. Angel tries to help Tess out with her chores. What does he do?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)