|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At dinnertime, Angel is seated at a different table than the other dairy workers because ______.
(a) He likes to read while he eats dinner.
(b) He has a contagious disease.
(c) The dairyman's wife is afraid he will corrupt the dairymaids.
(d) He is of a higher class.
2. While the dairy maids are out in the pasture searching for noxious weeds, Tess feels faint. What does Mr. Crick tell her?
(a) To sit down and rest for awhile.
(b) To go back to the farm and lie down until she feels better.
(c) To carry on walking, and it will pass.
(d) To have a drink of water.
3. What does the parson tell Mr. Durbeyfield?
(a) That Mr. Durbeyfield is related to the D'Urbervilles.
(b) That he thinks it is going to rain.
(c) That Mr. Durbeyfield's house is on fire.
(d) That Mr. Durbeyfield has won a small fortune.
4. In Chapter 1, Mr. Durbeyfield meets the parson on the road. How does the parson greet him?
(a) Sir John.
(b) Mr. D.
(c) Sir James.
(d) Mr. Durbeyfield.
5. At the dance, why does Angel leave without talking to Tess?
(a) He is too shy.
(b) He has to go catch up with his brother.
(c) He wants to see if Tess is watching him.
(d) He thinks she is busy talking to someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Durbeyfield do after he talks to the parson?
2. How much time has elapsed between the time Tess came home from Tantridge and the time she starts working at Talbothays?
3. What conditions does Tess place on her agreement to go live with the D'Urbervilles in Tantridge?
4. When her parents still don't come home, what does Tess finally do?
5. What is Tess's reaction to the job offer at Tantridge?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)