|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tess decide not to return home from Tantridge after all?
(a) She decides that she should just go and see what it's like before she makes a decision.
(b) She needs the work so she can contribute to her family's finances.
(c) She is afraid her mother and father will be angry if she goes home.
(d) She realizes she is simply nervous about the new situation.
2. At Talbothays,Tess shares sleeping quarters with ____, Izz Rhuett, and Rhetty.
3. What conditions does Tess place on her agreement to go live with the D'Urbervilles in Tantridge?
(a) She will ask if she can work for them, but she won't ask them for money.
(b) She will go if she can have new clothes so she will fit in.
(c) She will go if she can take Abraham with her.
(d) She agrees to go if her mother forgives her for her role in the horse's death.
4. In Chapter 11, what does Alec tell Tess on the way home?
(a) That he will take care of her.
(b) That he wants to be a doctor.
(c) That he loves her.
(d) That she shouldn't get into any fights.
5. How does Tess react to what Alec tells her?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She says she is going to walk home.
(c) She thinks he is boring.
(d) She asks him to tell her more about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the character who picks on Tess do so?
2. What does Alec do in Chapter 9 that Tess doesn't like?
3. Hardy's description of Tess and Angel likens them to ___.
4. Talbothays is located very close to ______.
5. How much time has elapsed between the time Tess came home from Tantridge and the time she starts working at Talbothays?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)