|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time has elapsed between the time Tess came home from Tantridge and the time she starts working at Talbothays?
(a) Five years.
(b) Almost four years.
(c) Between two and three years.
(d) Eighteen months.
2. Talbothays is located very close to ______.
(a) The ancestral burial grounds of the D'Urbervilles.
(d) The town of West Clare.
3. What does Tess's mother hope will happen once Tess arrives at Tantridge?
(a) Her beauty will impress Alec and he will marry her.
(b) Tess will like it there.
(c) She will save her money and help the family financially.
(d) Tess will get along well with the D'Urbervilles and they will like her.
4. Tess decides to go to Talbothays when she hears about a possible job there. Where is Talbothays located?
(a) On the outskirts of Marlott.
(b) In the Vale of Froom.
(c) About 5 miles from her father's house.
(d) In Ireland.
5. When Angel looks back and sees Tess from the top of the hill, what does he think?
(a) He thinks he is going to be late getting home.
(b) He thinks he should find his brother.
(c) He thinks that he has hurt her feelings.
(d) He thinks she is pretty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character, introduced in Chapter 10, picks on Tess?
2. In Chapter 12, what does Tess decide to do after she's been at the D'Urberville mansion for a few weeks?
3. What is one of Tess's duties at the farm?
4. What does Mr. Crick think made the butter taste unpleasant?
5. Tess considers telling Angel about her link with the D'Urbervilles, but decides against it. Why?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)