|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Crick hear that the butter has a funny taste?
(a) He reads it in the newspaper.
(b) Someone stops him at the market to tell him.
(c) He gets a letter from a customer.
(d) Rhetty tells him.
2. Talbothays is located very close to ______.
(a) The town of West Clare.
(b) The ancestral burial grounds of the D'Urbervilles.
3. In Chapter 11, what does Alec tell Tess on the way home?
(a) That he loves her.
(b) That she shouldn't get into any fights.
(c) That he will take care of her.
(d) That he wants to be a doctor.
4. What does Mr. Durbeyfield do after he talks to the parson?
(a) He goes back to the pub.
(b) He hires a carriage to drive him home.
(c) He tells his family he's rich.
(d) He decides to take a walk by the river.
5. Tess receives an offer of work at Tantridge taking care of the _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the character who picks on Tess do so?
2. Tess considers telling Angel about her link with the D'Urbervilles, but decides against it. Why?
3. Tess takes a job as a ____ to support her baby.
4. Angel tries to help Tess out with her chores. What does he do?
5. In Chapter 13, what does Tess discover?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)