|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When her parents still don't come home, what does Tess finally do?
(a) Locks the other children in the cottage and goes to fetch her parents.
(b) Asks a neighbor to go get them.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Sends her sister to find them.
2. What is Tess's mother's response when she hears about the sexual encounter between Tess and Alec?
(a) She is angry at Alec for hurting Tess.
(b) She is angry that Tess didn't force Alec to marry her.
(c) She tells Tess that it is her own fault.
(d) She doesn't believe Tess.
3. Who eventually baptizes the child?
(a) No one.
(b) The pastor.
(c) The kind-hearted bishop.
4. When Tess's baby becomes ill, she is upset because ______.
(a) She can't afford a doctor.
(b) The child has not been baptized.
(c) Her father thinks it's her fault.
(d) She thinks she is a bad mother.
5. Angel's father refused to send him to college. Why?
(a) Angel's family is wealthy so he won't need to study for a career.
(b) He thinks college is a waste of money.
(c) Angel has rejected religious principles and won't be part of the clergy, so his father thinks he doesn't really need a college education.
(d) He can't afford it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tess considers telling Angel about her link with the D'Urbervilles, but decides against it. Why?
2. When her parents do not return from the pub, who does Tess send after them to bring them home?
3. What is Tess's reaction to the job offer at Tantridge?
4. In Chapter 12, what does Tess decide to do after she's been at the D'Urberville mansion for a few weeks?
5. Tess believes she is related to the D'Urbervilles at Tantridge by family ties. What kind of family ties exist between them?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)