|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tess takes a job as a ____ to support her baby.
(d) Dairy maid.
2. Who eventually baptizes the child?
(b) The kind-hearted bishop.
(c) No one.
(d) The pastor.
3. In Chapter 1, Mr. Durbeyfield meets the parson on the road. How does the parson greet him?
(a) Sir John.
(b) Mr. Durbeyfield.
(c) Mr. D.
(d) Sir James.
4. When Tess's baby becomes ill, she is upset because ______.
(a) She can't afford a doctor.
(b) Her father thinks it's her fault.
(c) She thinks she is a bad mother.
(d) The child has not been baptized.
5. What does Mr. Durbeyfield do after he talks to the parson?
(a) He goes back to the pub.
(b) He hires a carriage to drive him home.
(c) He decides to take a walk by the river.
(d) He tells his family he's rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tess appears to lose hope in Chapter 13. Why?
2. Who actually sent the letter inviting Tess to work at Tantridge?
3. What does Alec do in Chapter 9 that Tess doesn't like?
4. How does Tess react to what Alec tells her?
5. Why does Tess decide not to return home from Tantridge after all?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)