|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tess react to what Alec tells her?
(a) She asks him to tell her more about it.
(b) She says she is going to walk home.
(c) She thinks he is boring.
(d) She is happy.
2. What does the parson tell Mr. Durbeyfield?
(a) That he thinks it is going to rain.
(b) That Mr. Durbeyfield's house is on fire.
(c) That Mr. Durbeyfield has won a small fortune.
(d) That Mr. Durbeyfield is related to the D'Urbervilles.
3. When her parents still don't come home, what does Tess finally do?
(a) Goes to sleep.
(b) Sends her sister to find them.
(c) Asks a neighbor to go get them.
(d) Locks the other children in the cottage and goes to fetch her parents.
4. In Chapter 3, Tess is left in charge of all the younger children. Where have her parents gone?
(a) To the pub.
(b) To a dance.
(c) To visit a sick friend.
5. In Chapter 11, what does Alec tell Tess on the way home?
(a) That he wants to be a doctor.
(b) That he loves her.
(c) That she shouldn't get into any fights.
(d) That he will take care of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tess believes she is related to the D'Urbervilles at Tantridge by family ties. What kind of family ties exist between them?
2. What does Mr. Durbeyfield do after he talks to the parson?
3. Who meets Tess and shows her around Tantridge?
4. When Tess is introduced to Mrs. D'Urberville, how is she treated?
5. Tess receives an offer of work at Tantridge taking care of the _____.
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)