|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes along just as a fight is about to break out between Tess and another woman?
(a) The Queen of Spades.
(d) The D'Uberville's horsemaster.
2. Which character, introduced in Chapter 10, picks on Tess?
(a) The dark-haired milkmaid.
(b) The Queen of Spades.
(c) Angel's brother.
(d) The police officer.
3. When Angel looks back and sees Tess from the top of the hill, what does he think?
(a) He thinks she is pretty.
(b) He thinks he is going to be late getting home.
(c) He thinks he should find his brother.
(d) He thinks that he has hurt her feelings.
4. What conditions does Tess place on her agreement to go live with the D'Urbervilles in Tantridge?
(a) She agrees to go if her mother forgives her for her role in the horse's death.
(b) She will go if she can have new clothes so she will fit in.
(c) She will ask if she can work for them, but she won't ask them for money.
(d) She will go if she can take Abraham with her.
5. Why does the character who picks on Tess do so?
(a) She wants Alec to stick up for her.
(b) She doesn't like strangers and wants Tess to leave.
(c) She is one of Alec's former conquests and is jealous of Tess.
(d) She thinks Tess is going to hit her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tess receives an offer of work at Tantridge taking care of the _____.
2. In Chapter 12, what does Tess decide to do after she's been at the D'Urberville mansion for a few weeks?
3. Why does Tess wake up at 2 a.m.?
4. Who meets Tess and shows her around Tantridge?
5. When her parents do not return from the pub, who does Tess send after them to bring them home?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)