|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to fetch Tess and take her to Tantridge?
(a) Her brother.
(b) A servant.
(d) She takes the train.
2. When her parents do not return from the pub, who does Tess send after them to bring them home?
3. Why does Tess blame herself for the death of the horse?
(a) She thinks she shouldn't have taken the horse out in the dark.
(b) She caused the accident that resulted in the horse being killed.
(c) Her father tells her it is her fault.
(d) She thinks if she hadn't fallen asleep, she could have prevented the accident.
4. Which character, introduced in Chapter 10, picks on Tess?
(a) The Queen of Spades.
(b) The dark-haired milkmaid.
(c) Angel's brother.
(d) The police officer.
5. When Tess is introduced to Mrs. D'Urberville, how is she treated?
(a) Like any other servant.
(b) She is made welcome.
(c) With friendship.
(d) Like a long-lost relative.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tess believes she is related to the D'Urbervilles at Tantridge by family ties. What kind of family ties exist between them?
2. At the dance, why does Angel leave without talking to Tess?
3. In Chapter 1, Mr. Durbeyfield meets the parson on the road. How does the parson greet him?
4. When her parents still don't come home, what does Tess finally do?
5. How does Tess feel about Alec in Chapter 9?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)