|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When her parents still don't come home, what does Tess finally do?
(a) Asks a neighbor to go get them.
(b) Sends her sister to find them.
(c) Locks the other children in the cottage and goes to fetch her parents.
(d) Goes to sleep.
2. Who comes to fetch Tess and take her to Tantridge?
(a) She takes the train.
(c) A servant.
(d) Her brother.
3. When Angel looks back and sees Tess from the top of the hill, what does he think?
(a) He thinks she is pretty.
(b) He thinks he is going to be late getting home.
(c) He thinks that he has hurt her feelings.
(d) He thinks he should find his brother.
4. What plan does Tess's mother come up with to help the family?
(a) She plans to find more work so that she can earn money.
(b) She plans to get her husband to stop drinking so much.
(c) She plans to enlarge the bee hives so they will bring in more cash.
(d) She plans to send Tess to live with a member of the D'Uberville family in another town.
5. What is Tess's reaction to the job offer at Tantridge?
(c) Nervous but happy.
(d) Reluctant and uneasy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alec react when Tess tells him how she feels about what has happened between them?
2. In Chapter 3, Tess is left in charge of all the younger children. Where have her parents gone?
3. In Chapter 1, Mr. Durbeyfield meets the parson on the road. How does the parson greet him?
4. Tess proves herself to have a stubborn streak. In Chapter 8, how is her stubbornness shown by the author?
5. When her parents do not return from the pub, who does Tess send after them to bring them home?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)