|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes along just as a fight is about to break out between Tess and another woman?
(a) The D'Uberville's horsemaster.
(c) The Queen of Spades.
2. Tess proves herself to have a stubborn streak. In Chapter 8, how is her stubbornness shown by the author?
(a) She refuses to show that she is nervous.
(b) She refuses to drive the horses, because she doesn't want to get dirty.
(c) She refuses to ride in the carriage with Alec, but walks alongside instead.
(d) She will not let anyone help her with her luggage.
3. What conditions does Tess place on her agreement to go live with the D'Urbervilles in Tantridge?
(a) She will go if she can have new clothes so she will fit in.
(b) She will ask if she can work for them, but she won't ask them for money.
(c) She will go if she can take Abraham with her.
(d) She agrees to go if her mother forgives her for her role in the horse's death.
4. Why does Tess wake up at 2 a.m.?
(a) She had a bad dream.
(b) She's worried about the family's finances and can't sleep.
(c) She has to take the bee hives to market in another town.
(d) Her sister is crying.
5. How does Alec react when Tess tells him how she feels about what has happened between them?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He pretends he doesn't know what she is talking about.
(c) He offers her money.
(d) He offers to marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tess name her baby?
2. Tess takes a job as a ____ to support her baby.
3. What does Mr. Durbeyfield do after he talks to the parson?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Tess discover?
5. On the trip to Tantridge, Tess considers returning home. Why?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)