|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character, introduced in Chapter 10, picks on Tess?
(a) The Queen of Spades.
(b) The police officer.
(c) Angel's brother.
(d) The dark-haired milkmaid.
2. Why does Tess decide not to return home from Tantridge after all?
(a) She is afraid her mother and father will be angry if she goes home.
(b) She realizes she is simply nervous about the new situation.
(c) She decides that she should just go and see what it's like before she makes a decision.
(d) She needs the work so she can contribute to her family's finances.
3. Who eventually baptizes the child?
(a) The pastor.
(c) No one.
(d) The kind-hearted bishop.
4. When Tess is introduced to Mrs. D'Urberville, how is she treated?
(a) Like any other servant.
(b) With friendship.
(c) She is made welcome.
(d) Like a long-lost relative.
5. When her parents still don't come home, what does Tess finally do?
(a) Locks the other children in the cottage and goes to fetch her parents.
(b) Asks a neighbor to go get them.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Sends her sister to find them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the parson tell Mr. Durbeyfield?
2. In Chapter 3, Tess is left in charge of all the younger children. Where have her parents gone?
3. Tess receives an offer of work at Tantridge taking care of the _____.
4. In Chapter 12, what does Tess decide to do after she's been at the D'Urberville mansion for a few weeks?
5. What does Tess's mother hope will happen once Tess arrives at Tantridge?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)