|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tess name her baby?
2. Why does Tess blame herself for the death of the horse?
(a) She thinks she shouldn't have taken the horse out in the dark.
(b) Her father tells her it is her fault.
(c) She thinks if she hadn't fallen asleep, she could have prevented the accident.
(d) She caused the accident that resulted in the horse being killed.
3. Tess believes she is related to the D'Urbervilles at Tantridge by family ties. What kind of family ties exist between them?
(a) Her father's brother married Alec's cousin.
(b) She and Alec share the same great-grandmother.
(c) She and the D'Urbervilles are third cousins by marriage.
(d) None, they have changed their name to hide how they became rich.
4. Tess proves herself to have a stubborn streak. In Chapter 8, how is her stubbornness shown by the author?
(a) She refuses to ride in the carriage with Alec, but walks alongside instead.
(b) She will not let anyone help her with her luggage.
(c) She refuses to drive the horses, because she doesn't want to get dirty.
(d) She refuses to show that she is nervous.
5. Who meets Tess and shows her around Tantridge?
(a) Her elderly aunt.
(c) Alec D'Uberville.
(d) The milkmaids.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tess react to what Alec tells her?
2. What does Mr. Durbeyfield do after he talks to the parson?
3. Who eventually baptizes the child?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Tess discover?
5. When Tess's baby becomes ill, she is upset because ______.
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)