|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who actually sent the letter inviting Tess to work at Tantridge?
(a) Alec's mother.
(d) Mrs. Durbeyfield.
2. Where does Angel first see Tess?
(a) At a dance on the green.
(b) At church.
(c) At a picnic on the Marlott green.
(d) Walking home from school.
3. In Chapter 13, what does Tess discover?
(a) She can't remember what Alec looked like.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) The family fortunes have improved.
(d) Her mother is pregnant.
4. How does Alec react when Tess tells him how she feels about what has happened between them?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He pretends he doesn't know what she is talking about.
(c) He offers her money.
(d) He offers to marry her.
5. What conditions does Tess place on her agreement to go live with the D'Urbervilles in Tantridge?
(a) She will ask if she can work for them, but she won't ask them for money.
(b) She agrees to go if her mother forgives her for her role in the horse's death.
(c) She will go if she can take Abraham with her.
(d) She will go if she can have new clothes so she will fit in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plan does Tess's mother come up with to help the family?
2. What does the parson tell Mr. Durbeyfield?
3. What does Tess's mother hope will happen once Tess arrives at Tantridge?
4. Who comes to fetch Tess and take her to Tantridge?
5. Tess appears to lose hope in Chapter 13. Why?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)