|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tess believes she is related to the D'Urbervilles at Tantridge by family ties. What kind of family ties exist between them?
(a) She and Alec share the same great-grandmother.
(b) Her father's brother married Alec's cousin.
(c) None, they have changed their name to hide how they became rich.
(d) She and the D'Urbervilles are third cousins by marriage.
2. What conditions does Tess place on her agreement to go live with the D'Urbervilles in Tantridge?
(a) She will go if she can take Abraham with her.
(b) She will ask if she can work for them, but she won't ask them for money.
(c) She will go if she can have new clothes so she will fit in.
(d) She agrees to go if her mother forgives her for her role in the horse's death.
3. How does Tess react to what Alec tells her?
(a) She thinks he is boring.
(b) She asks him to tell her more about it.
(c) She says she is going to walk home.
(d) She is happy.
4. Tess receives an offer of work at Tantridge taking care of the _____.
5. What is Tess's reaction to the job offer at Tantridge?
(a) Nervous but happy.
(d) Reluctant and uneasy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tess proves herself to have a stubborn streak. In Chapter 8, how is her stubbornness shown by the author?
2. When Tess's baby becomes ill, she is upset because ______.
3. When her parents do not return from the pub, who does Tess send after them to bring them home?
4. Who meets Tess and shows her around Tantridge?
5. Why does Tess blame herself for the death of the horse?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)