|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plan does Tess's mother come up with to help the family?
(a) She plans to enlarge the bee hives so they will bring in more cash.
(b) She plans to find more work so that she can earn money.
(c) She plans to get her husband to stop drinking so much.
(d) She plans to send Tess to live with a member of the D'Uberville family in another town.
2. When Tess falls asleep in the leaves, what does Alec do?
(a) He wakes her up so they can go home.
(b) He holds her hand.
(c) He watches her sleep.
(d) He seduces her.
3. What does the parson tell Mr. Durbeyfield?
(a) That Mr. Durbeyfield's house is on fire.
(b) That Mr. Durbeyfield is related to the D'Urbervilles.
(c) That he thinks it is going to rain.
(d) That Mr. Durbeyfield has won a small fortune.
4. When Tess's baby becomes ill, she is upset because ______.
(a) The child has not been baptized.
(b) Her father thinks it's her fault.
(c) She thinks she is a bad mother.
(d) She can't afford a doctor.
5. How does Alec react when Tess tells him how she feels about what has happened between them?
(a) He offers her money.
(b) He pretends he doesn't know what she is talking about.
(c) He offers to marry her.
(d) He ignores her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tess's mother's response when she hears about the sexual encounter between Tess and Alec?
2. How does Tess feel about Alec in Chapter 9?
3. At the dance, why does Angel leave without talking to Tess?
4. How does Tess react to what Alec tells her?
5. When Tess is introduced to Mrs. D'Urberville, how is she treated?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)