|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tess's mother's response when she hears about the sexual encounter between Tess and Alec?
(a) She doesn't believe Tess.
(b) She is angry at Alec for hurting Tess.
(c) She tells Tess that it is her own fault.
(d) She is angry that Tess didn't force Alec to marry her.
2. Which character, introduced in Chapter 10, picks on Tess?
(a) The police officer.
(b) The dark-haired milkmaid.
(c) Angel's brother.
(d) The Queen of Spades.
3. Where does Angel first see Tess?
(a) At church.
(b) At a dance on the green.
(c) Walking home from school.
(d) At a picnic on the Marlott green.
4. Why does Tess decide not to return home from Tantridge after all?
(a) She realizes she is simply nervous about the new situation.
(b) She is afraid her mother and father will be angry if she goes home.
(c) She needs the work so she can contribute to her family's finances.
(d) She decides that she should just go and see what it's like before she makes a decision.
5. Tess takes a job as a ____ to support her baby.
(c) Dairy maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angel looks back and sees Tess from the top of the hill, what does he think?
2. On the trip to Tantridge, Tess considers returning home. Why?
3. In Chapter 1, Mr. Durbeyfield meets the parson on the road. How does the parson greet him?
4. How does Alec react when Tess tells him how she feels about what has happened between them?
5. What does the parson tell Mr. Durbeyfield?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)