|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tess takes a job as a ____ to support her baby.
(a) Dairy maid.
2. In Chapter 13, what does Tess discover?
(a) Her mother is pregnant.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She can't remember what Alec looked like.
(d) The family fortunes have improved.
3. Where does Angel first see Tess?
(a) At church.
(b) Walking home from school.
(c) At a picnic on the Marlott green.
(d) At a dance on the green.
4. When Angel looks back and sees Tess from the top of the hill, what does he think?
(a) He thinks she is pretty.
(b) He thinks that he has hurt her feelings.
(c) He thinks he should find his brother.
(d) He thinks he is going to be late getting home.
5. What conditions does Tess place on her agreement to go live with the D'Urbervilles in Tantridge?
(a) She will go if she can take Abraham with her.
(b) She agrees to go if her mother forgives her for her role in the horse's death.
(c) She will ask if she can work for them, but she won't ask them for money.
(d) She will go if she can have new clothes so she will fit in.
Short Answer Questions
1. When her parents still don't come home, what does Tess finally do?
2. Why does Tess blame herself for the death of the horse?
3. In Chapter 12, what does Tess decide to do after she's been at the D'Urberville mansion for a few weeks?
4. What does Tess's mother hope will happen once Tess arrives at Tantridge?
5. Tess appears to lose hope in Chapter 13. Why?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)