|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tess's baby becomes ill, she is upset because ______.
(a) Her father thinks it's her fault.
(b) The child has not been baptized.
(c) She can't afford a doctor.
(d) She thinks she is a bad mother.
2. What is Tess's reaction to the job offer at Tantridge?
(a) Reluctant and uneasy.
(c) Nervous but happy.
3. At the dance, why does Angel leave without talking to Tess?
(a) He has to go catch up with his brother.
(b) He thinks she is busy talking to someone else.
(c) He is too shy.
(d) He wants to see if Tess is watching him.
4. What does the parson tell Mr. Durbeyfield?
(a) That Mr. Durbeyfield has won a small fortune.
(b) That Mr. Durbeyfield's house is on fire.
(c) That Mr. Durbeyfield is related to the D'Urbervilles.
(d) That he thinks it is going to rain.
5. What does Tess name her baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, Mr. Durbeyfield meets the parson on the road. How does the parson greet him?
2. Who actually sent the letter inviting Tess to work at Tantridge?
3. When her parents do not return from the pub, who does Tess send after them to bring them home?
4. On the trip to Tantridge, Tess considers returning home. Why?
5. Tess believes she is related to the D'Urbervilles at Tantridge by family ties. What kind of family ties exist between them?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)