|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When her parents do not return from the pub, who does Tess send after them to bring them home?
2. What is Tess's mother's response when she hears about the sexual encounter between Tess and Alec?
(a) She is angry that Tess didn't force Alec to marry her.
(b) She doesn't believe Tess.
(c) She tells Tess that it is her own fault.
(d) She is angry at Alec for hurting Tess.
3. How does Tess react to what Alec tells her?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She asks him to tell her more about it.
(c) She thinks he is boring.
(d) She says she is going to walk home.
4. At the dance, why does Angel leave without talking to Tess?
(a) He is too shy.
(b) He thinks she is busy talking to someone else.
(c) He wants to see if Tess is watching him.
(d) He has to go catch up with his brother.
5. What does Tess name her baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to fetch Tess and take her to Tantridge?
2. How does Alec react when Tess tells him how she feels about what has happened between them?
3. When Angel looks back and sees Tess from the top of the hill, what does he think?
4. When her parents still don't come home, what does Tess finally do?
5. In Chapter 1, Mr. Durbeyfield meets the parson on the road. How does the parson greet him?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)