|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the dance, why does Angel leave without talking to Tess?
(a) He thinks she is busy talking to someone else.
(b) He is too shy.
(c) He has to go catch up with his brother.
(d) He wants to see if Tess is watching him.
2. On the trip to Tantridge, Tess considers returning home. Why?
(a) She doesn't want to work in a strange place.
(b) Alec forces her to kiss him.
(c) She misses her family.
(d) She is afraid of meeting the D'Urbervilles.
3. When Tess's baby becomes ill, she is upset because ______.
(a) The child has not been baptized.
(b) Her father thinks it's her fault.
(c) She can't afford a doctor.
(d) She thinks she is a bad mother.
4. When Tess is introduced to Mrs. D'Urberville, how is she treated?
(a) Like a long-lost relative.
(b) With friendship.
(c) She is made welcome.
(d) Like any other servant.
5. What does Tess's mother hope will happen once Tess arrives at Tantridge?
(a) Tess will like it there.
(b) She will save her money and help the family financially.
(c) Tess will get along well with the D'Urbervilles and they will like her.
(d) Her beauty will impress Alec and he will marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what does Tess decide to do after she's been at the D'Urberville mansion for a few weeks?
2. Where does Angel first see Tess?
3. What does the parson tell Mr. Durbeyfield?
4. Why does Tess blame herself for the death of the horse?
5. Why does Tess decide not to return home from Tantridge after all?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)