|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plan does Tess's mother come up with to help the family?
(a) She plans to find more work so that she can earn money.
(b) She plans to get her husband to stop drinking so much.
(c) She plans to send Tess to live with a member of the D'Uberville family in another town.
(d) She plans to enlarge the bee hives so they will bring in more cash.
2. In Chapter 11, what does Alec tell Tess on the way home?
(a) That he loves her.
(b) That he will take care of her.
(c) That he wants to be a doctor.
(d) That she shouldn't get into any fights.
3. Who actually sent the letter inviting Tess to work at Tantridge?
(a) Alec's mother.
(d) Mrs. Durbeyfield.
4. Tess proves herself to have a stubborn streak. In Chapter 8, how is her stubbornness shown by the author?
(a) She refuses to drive the horses, because she doesn't want to get dirty.
(b) She will not let anyone help her with her luggage.
(c) She refuses to ride in the carriage with Alec, but walks alongside instead.
(d) She refuses to show that she is nervous.
5. What is Tess's reaction to the job offer at Tantridge?
(b) Nervous but happy.
(c) Reluctant and uneasy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who eventually baptizes the child?
2. How does Tess react to what Alec tells her?
3. At the dance, why does Angel leave without talking to Tess?
4. In Chapter 12, what does Tess decide to do after she's been at the D'Urberville mansion for a few weeks?
5. Tess receives an offer of work at Tantridge taking care of the _____.
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)