|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conditions does Tess place on her agreement to go live with the D'Urbervilles in Tantridge?
(a) She will go if she can take Abraham with her.
(b) She will go if she can have new clothes so she will fit in.
(c) She agrees to go if her mother forgives her for her role in the horse's death.
(d) She will ask if she can work for them, but she won't ask them for money.
2. What is Tess's reaction to the job offer at Tantridge?
(a) Reluctant and uneasy.
(c) Nervous but happy.
3. Who meets Tess and shows her around Tantridge?
(a) Her elderly aunt.
(b) Alec D'Uberville.
(d) The milkmaids.
4. What does Tess's mother hope will happen once Tess arrives at Tantridge?
(a) She will save her money and help the family financially.
(b) Tess will get along well with the D'Urbervilles and they will like her.
(c) Her beauty will impress Alec and he will marry her.
(d) Tess will like it there.
5. What plan does Tess's mother come up with to help the family?
(a) She plans to send Tess to live with a member of the D'Uberville family in another town.
(b) She plans to find more work so that she can earn money.
(c) She plans to enlarge the bee hives so they will bring in more cash.
(d) She plans to get her husband to stop drinking so much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alec do in Chapter 9 that Tess doesn't like?
2. Where does Angel first see Tess?
3. Why does Tess blame herself for the death of the horse?
4. In Chapter 3, Tess is left in charge of all the younger children. Where have her parents gone?
5. Why does Tess wake up at 2 a.m.?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)