|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the trip to Tantridge, Tess considers returning home. Why?
(a) She is afraid of meeting the D'Urbervilles.
(b) Alec forces her to kiss him.
(c) She misses her family.
(d) She doesn't want to work in a strange place.
2. Why does the character who picks on Tess do so?
(a) She doesn't like strangers and wants Tess to leave.
(b) She is one of Alec's former conquests and is jealous of Tess.
(c) She wants Alec to stick up for her.
(d) She thinks Tess is going to hit her.
3. Why does Tess wake up at 2 a.m.?
(a) Her sister is crying.
(b) She had a bad dream.
(c) She has to take the bee hives to market in another town.
(d) She's worried about the family's finances and can't sleep.
4. What plan does Tess's mother come up with to help the family?
(a) She plans to enlarge the bee hives so they will bring in more cash.
(b) She plans to find more work so that she can earn money.
(c) She plans to get her husband to stop drinking so much.
(d) She plans to send Tess to live with a member of the D'Uberville family in another town.
5. After Tess leaves for Tantridge, how does her mother feel?
(a) Happy, the family will have more money.
(b) Worried about Alec's intentions.
(c) Regretful, she thinks she pressured Tess.
(d) Sad, she will miss Tess.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tess is introduced to Mrs. D'Urberville, how is she treated?
2. Why does Tess decide not to return home from Tantridge after all?
3. Who meets Tess and shows her around Tantridge?
4. Who comes to fetch Tess and take her to Tantridge?
5. How does Tess feel about Alec in Chapter 9?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)