|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alec do in Chapter 9 that Tess doesn't like?
(a) Hides behind the curtains and spies on her.
(b) Tells his mother she is not working hard enough.
(c) Ignores her at a dance.
(d) Tells her she is not whistling loud enough.
2. At the dance, why does Angel leave without talking to Tess?
(a) He is too shy.
(b) He wants to see if Tess is watching him.
(c) He has to go catch up with his brother.
(d) He thinks she is busy talking to someone else.
3. Tess receives an offer of work at Tantridge taking care of the _____.
4. Why does the character who picks on Tess do so?
(a) She wants Alec to stick up for her.
(b) She doesn't like strangers and wants Tess to leave.
(c) She is one of Alec's former conquests and is jealous of Tess.
(d) She thinks Tess is going to hit her.
5. Why does Tess blame herself for the death of the horse?
(a) Her father tells her it is her fault.
(b) She caused the accident that resulted in the horse being killed.
(c) She thinks she shouldn't have taken the horse out in the dark.
(d) She thinks if she hadn't fallen asleep, she could have prevented the accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, Mr. Durbeyfield meets the parson on the road. How does the parson greet him?
2. What does the parson tell Mr. Durbeyfield?
3. On the trip to Tantridge, Tess considers returning home. Why?
4. Tess believes she is related to the D'Urbervilles at Tantridge by family ties. What kind of family ties exist between them?
5. What conditions does Tess place on her agreement to go live with the D'Urbervilles in Tantridge?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)