|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alec do in Chapter 9 that Tess doesn't like?
(a) Tells his mother she is not working hard enough.
(b) Hides behind the curtains and spies on her.
(c) Tells her she is not whistling loud enough.
(d) Ignores her at a dance.
2. Who comes along just as a fight is about to break out between Tess and another woman?
(a) The Queen of Spades.
(b) The D'Uberville's horsemaster.
3. What does Tess's mother hope will happen once Tess arrives at Tantridge?
(a) She will save her money and help the family financially.
(b) Her beauty will impress Alec and he will marry her.
(c) Tess will like it there.
(d) Tess will get along well with the D'Urbervilles and they will like her.
4. At the dance, why does Angel leave without talking to Tess?
(a) He has to go catch up with his brother.
(b) He thinks she is busy talking to someone else.
(c) He is too shy.
(d) He wants to see if Tess is watching him.
5. In Chapter 3, Tess is left in charge of all the younger children. Where have her parents gone?
(a) To visit a sick friend.
(b) To a dance.
(d) To the pub.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to fetch Tess and take her to Tantridge?
2. Who meets Tess and shows her around Tantridge?
3. Why does the character who picks on Tess do so?
4. Why does Tess blame herself for the death of the horse?
5. What does the parson tell Mr. Durbeyfield?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)