|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Tess is left in charge of all the younger children. Where have her parents gone?
(a) To a dance.
(c) To the pub.
(d) To visit a sick friend.
2. What does Tess's mother hope will happen once Tess arrives at Tantridge?
(a) Tess will get along well with the D'Urbervilles and they will like her.
(b) Her beauty will impress Alec and he will marry her.
(c) She will save her money and help the family financially.
(d) Tess will like it there.
3. Tess believes she is related to the D'Urbervilles at Tantridge by family ties. What kind of family ties exist between them?
(a) Her father's brother married Alec's cousin.
(b) She and the D'Urbervilles are third cousins by marriage.
(c) She and Alec share the same great-grandmother.
(d) None, they have changed their name to hide how they became rich.
4. Who comes to fetch Tess and take her to Tantridge?
(a) She takes the train.
(b) Her brother.
(c) A servant.
5. When Angel looks back and sees Tess from the top of the hill, what does he think?
(a) He thinks that he has hurt her feelings.
(b) He thinks he should find his brother.
(c) He thinks she is pretty.
(d) He thinks he is going to be late getting home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Angel first see Tess?
2. Why does Tess blame herself for the death of the horse?
3. When her parents do not return from the pub, who does Tess send after them to bring them home?
4. In Chapter 1, Mr. Durbeyfield meets the parson on the road. How does the parson greet him?
5. Why does the character who picks on Tess do so?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)