|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plan does Tess's mother come up with to help the family?
(a) She plans to send Tess to live with a member of the D'Uberville family in another town.
(b) She plans to get her husband to stop drinking so much.
(c) She plans to enlarge the bee hives so they will bring in more cash.
(d) She plans to find more work so that she can earn money.
2. Who meets Tess and shows her around Tantridge?
(a) The milkmaids.
(b) Alec D'Uberville.
(d) Her elderly aunt.
3. Tess proves herself to have a stubborn streak. In Chapter 8, how is her stubbornness shown by the author?
(a) She refuses to drive the horses, because she doesn't want to get dirty.
(b) She refuses to show that she is nervous.
(c) She will not let anyone help her with her luggage.
(d) She refuses to ride in the carriage with Alec, but walks alongside instead.
4. Which character, introduced in Chapter 10, picks on Tess?
(a) The dark-haired milkmaid.
(b) The police officer.
(c) Angel's brother.
(d) The Queen of Spades.
5. When her parents still don't come home, what does Tess finally do?
(a) Goes to sleep.
(b) Asks a neighbor to go get them.
(c) Locks the other children in the cottage and goes to fetch her parents.
(d) Sends her sister to find them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tess feel about Alec in Chapter 9?
2. Why does Tess wake up at 2 a.m.?
3. Where does Angel first see Tess?
4. When Tess is introduced to Mrs. D'Urberville, how is she treated?
5. Why does Tess decide not to return home from Tantridge after all?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)