|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Tess leaves for Tantridge, how does her mother feel?
(a) Happy, the family will have more money.
(b) Worried about Alec's intentions.
(c) Sad, she will miss Tess.
(d) Regretful, she thinks she pressured Tess.
2. Who comes to fetch Tess and take her to Tantridge?
(a) Her brother.
(b) A servant.
(d) She takes the train.
3. Why does Tess wake up at 2 a.m.?
(a) She's worried about the family's finances and can't sleep.
(b) She had a bad dream.
(c) Her sister is crying.
(d) She has to take the bee hives to market in another town.
4. Who meets Tess and shows her around Tantridge?
(b) Her elderly aunt.
(c) The milkmaids.
(d) Alec D'Uberville.
5. How does Tess feel about Alec in Chapter 9?
(a) She thinks he is too snobbish.
(b) She likes him but he makes her nervous.
(c) Tess distrusts him.
(d) She is attracted to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the parson tell Mr. Durbeyfield?
2. What conditions does Tess place on her agreement to go live with the D'Urbervilles in Tantridge?
3. When her parents do not return from the pub, who does Tess send after them to bring them home?
4. Which character, introduced in Chapter 10, picks on Tess?
5. In Chapter 3, Tess is left in charge of all the younger children. Where have her parents gone?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)