|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When her parents still don't come home, what does Tess finally do?
(a) Asks a neighbor to go get them.
(b) Locks the other children in the cottage and goes to fetch her parents.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Sends her sister to find them.
2. What does Tess's mother hope will happen once Tess arrives at Tantridge?
(a) Tess will get along well with the D'Urbervilles and they will like her.
(b) She will save her money and help the family financially.
(c) Tess will like it there.
(d) Her beauty will impress Alec and he will marry her.
3. What is Tess's reaction to the job offer at Tantridge?
(b) Nervous but happy.
(d) Reluctant and uneasy.
4. After Tess leaves for Tantridge, how does her mother feel?
(a) Happy, the family will have more money.
(b) Sad, she will miss Tess.
(c) Regretful, she thinks she pressured Tess.
(d) Worried about Alec's intentions.
5. In Chapter 3, Tess is left in charge of all the younger children. Where have her parents gone?
(a) To a dance.
(b) To the pub.
(d) To visit a sick friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angel looks back and sees Tess from the top of the hill, what does he think?
2. When Tess is introduced to Mrs. D'Urberville, how is she treated?
3. Who meets Tess and shows her around Tantridge?
4. Why does Tess blame herself for the death of the horse?
5. In Chapter 1, Mr. Durbeyfield meets the parson on the road. How does the parson greet him?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)