|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes along just as a fight is about to break out between Tess and another woman?
(a) The D'Uberville's horsemaster.
(d) The Queen of Spades.
2. Where does Angel first see Tess?
(a) At church.
(b) Walking home from school.
(c) At a picnic on the Marlott green.
(d) At a dance on the green.
3. What is Tess's reaction to the job offer at Tantridge?
(a) Reluctant and uneasy.
(c) Nervous but happy.
4. When Tess is introduced to Mrs. D'Urberville, how is she treated?
(a) Like any other servant.
(b) With friendship.
(c) Like a long-lost relative.
(d) She is made welcome.
5. What does Mr. Durbeyfield do after he talks to the parson?
(a) He tells his family he's rich.
(b) He hires a carriage to drive him home.
(c) He goes back to the pub.
(d) He decides to take a walk by the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tess believes she is related to the D'Urbervilles at Tantridge by family ties. What kind of family ties exist between them?
2. What conditions does Tess place on her agreement to go live with the D'Urbervilles in Tantridge?
3. Tess proves herself to have a stubborn streak. In Chapter 8, how is her stubbornness shown by the author?
4. Who comes to fetch Tess and take her to Tantridge?
5. What does Tess's mother hope will happen once Tess arrives at Tantridge?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)