|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When her parents still don't come home, what does Tess finally do?
(a) Sends her sister to find them.
(b) Goes to sleep.
(c) Asks a neighbor to go get them.
(d) Locks the other children in the cottage and goes to fetch her parents.
2. On the trip to Tantridge, Tess considers returning home. Why?
(a) Alec forces her to kiss him.
(b) She is afraid of meeting the D'Urbervilles.
(c) She misses her family.
(d) She doesn't want to work in a strange place.
3. Tess receives an offer of work at Tantridge taking care of the _____.
4. In Chapter 3, Tess is left in charge of all the younger children. Where have her parents gone?
(b) To visit a sick friend.
(c) To a dance.
(d) To the pub.
5. When her parents do not return from the pub, who does Tess send after them to bring them home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What plan does Tess's mother come up with to help the family?
2. What conditions does Tess place on her agreement to go live with the D'Urbervilles in Tantridge?
3. When Tess is introduced to Mrs. D'Urberville, how is she treated?
4. What does Mr. Durbeyfield do after he talks to the parson?
5. Which character, introduced in Chapter 10, picks on Tess?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)