|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tess believes she is related to the D'Urbervilles at Tantridge by family ties. What kind of family ties exist between them?
(a) She and Alec share the same great-grandmother.
(b) She and the D'Urbervilles are third cousins by marriage.
(c) Her father's brother married Alec's cousin.
(d) None, they have changed their name to hide how they became rich.
2. Where does Angel first see Tess?
(a) At church.
(b) At a picnic on the Marlott green.
(c) Walking home from school.
(d) At a dance on the green.
3. When her parents do not return from the pub, who does Tess send after them to bring them home?
4. Which character, introduced in Chapter 10, picks on Tess?
(a) Angel's brother.
(b) The Queen of Spades.
(c) The police officer.
(d) The dark-haired milkmaid.
5. Why does Tess decide not to return home from Tantridge after all?
(a) She realizes she is simply nervous about the new situation.
(b) She decides that she should just go and see what it's like before she makes a decision.
(c) She needs the work so she can contribute to her family's finances.
(d) She is afraid her mother and father will be angry if she goes home.
Short Answer Questions
1. When her parents still don't come home, what does Tess finally do?
2. After Tess leaves for Tantridge, how does her mother feel?
3. Who actually sent the letter inviting Tess to work at Tantridge?
4. Tess receives an offer of work at Tantridge taking care of the _____.
5. In Chapter 1, Mr. Durbeyfield meets the parson on the road. How does the parson greet him?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)