|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Tess is left in charge of all the younger children. Where have her parents gone?
(b) To visit a sick friend.
(c) To a dance.
(d) To the pub.
2. When Tess is introduced to Mrs. D'Urberville, how is she treated?
(a) With friendship.
(b) She is made welcome.
(c) Like any other servant.
(d) Like a long-lost relative.
3. Who comes to fetch Tess and take her to Tantridge?
(a) Her brother.
(b) She takes the train.
(c) A servant.
4. What does the parson tell Mr. Durbeyfield?
(a) That he thinks it is going to rain.
(b) That Mr. Durbeyfield is related to the D'Urbervilles.
(c) That Mr. Durbeyfield's house is on fire.
(d) That Mr. Durbeyfield has won a small fortune.
5. Which character, introduced in Chapter 10, picks on Tess?
(a) Angel's brother.
(b) The Queen of Spades.
(c) The police officer.
(d) The dark-haired milkmaid.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the trip to Tantridge, Tess considers returning home. Why?
2. Why does Tess wake up at 2 a.m.?
3. Tess receives an offer of work at Tantridge taking care of the _____.
4. What plan does Tess's mother come up with to help the family?
5. What does Tess's mother hope will happen once Tess arrives at Tantridge?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)