|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Tess leaves for Tantridge, how does her mother feel?
(a) Happy, the family will have more money.
(b) Worried about Alec's intentions.
(c) Sad, she will miss Tess.
(d) Regretful, she thinks she pressured Tess.
2. When her parents still don't come home, what does Tess finally do?
(a) Locks the other children in the cottage and goes to fetch her parents.
(b) Sends her sister to find them.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Asks a neighbor to go get them.
3. Who comes to fetch Tess and take her to Tantridge?
(a) Her brother.
(c) A servant.
(d) She takes the train.
4. Tess receives an offer of work at Tantridge taking care of the _____.
5. Why does Tess decide not to return home from Tantridge after all?
(a) She decides that she should just go and see what it's like before she makes a decision.
(b) She needs the work so she can contribute to her family's finances.
(c) She is afraid her mother and father will be angry if she goes home.
(d) She realizes she is simply nervous about the new situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angel looks back and sees Tess from the top of the hill, what does he think?
2. Why does Tess wake up at 2 a.m.?
3. At the dance, why does Angel leave without talking to Tess?
4. In Chapter 3, Tess is left in charge of all the younger children. Where have her parents gone?
5. When her parents do not return from the pub, who does Tess send after them to bring them home?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)