|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 47 | Chapter 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tess receives an offer of work at Tantridge taking care of the _____.
2. When Angel looks back and sees Tess from the top of the hill, what does he think?
(a) He thinks she is pretty.
(b) He thinks that he has hurt her feelings.
(c) He thinks he should find his brother.
(d) He thinks he is going to be late getting home.
3. Why does Tess decide not to return home from Tantridge after all?
(a) She is afraid her mother and father will be angry if she goes home.
(b) She needs the work so she can contribute to her family's finances.
(c) She decides that she should just go and see what it's like before she makes a decision.
(d) She realizes she is simply nervous about the new situation.
4. When Tess tells Angel about her true past, how does she expect he will react?
(a) Forgive her.
(b) Divorce her.
(c) Be angry.
(d) Say it doesn't matter.
5. When Tess is introduced to Mrs. D'Urberville, how is she treated?
(a) Like any other servant.
(b) With friendship.
(c) She is made welcome.
(d) Like a long-lost relative.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 27 what does Angel do on his return to Talbothays?
2. In Chapter 12, what does Tess decide to do after she's been at the D'Urberville mansion for a few weeks?
3. What motivates Tess to make a promise to Angel?
4. In Chapter 25 Angel decides to go back to his parents' home. Why?
5. When Angel tells Tess he loves her, and hugs her, she makes an excuse to move out of his embrace. What is her excuse?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)