|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conditions does Tess place on her agreement to go live with the D'Urbervilles in Tantridge?
(a) She agrees to go if her mother forgives her for her role in the horse's death.
(b) She will go if she can take Abraham with her.
(c) She will go if she can have new clothes so she will fit in.
(d) She will ask if she can work for them, but she won't ask them for money.
2. At the dance, why does Angel leave without talking to Tess?
(a) He thinks she is busy talking to someone else.
(b) He has to go catch up with his brother.
(c) He wants to see if Tess is watching him.
(d) He is too shy.
3. Who comes to fetch Tess and take her to Tantridge?
(a) Her brother.
(b) A servant.
(d) She takes the train.
4. In Chapter 29 who tells a story that influences Tess greatly?
(a) Tess's mother.
(c) Mrs. Crick.
(d) Dairyman Crick.
5. What does Tess's mother hope will happen once Tess arrives at Tantridge?
(a) She will save her money and help the family financially.
(b) Her beauty will impress Alec and he will marry her.
(c) Tess will get along well with the D'Urbervilles and they will like her.
(d) Tess will like it there.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Crick hear that the butter has a funny taste?
2. Which character, introduced in Chapter 10, picks on Tess?
3. Who does Angel's family want him to marry?
4. What is one of Tess's duties at the farm?
5. While Tess is at Talbothays, she is quite happy. What causes her happiness?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)