|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When her parents still don't come home, what does Tess finally do?
(a) Goes to sleep.
(b) Asks a neighbor to go get them.
(c) Locks the other children in the cottage and goes to fetch her parents.
(d) Sends her sister to find them.
2. What does Mr. Durbeyfield do after he talks to the parson?
(a) He decides to take a walk by the river.
(b) He tells his family he's rich.
(c) He goes back to the pub.
(d) He hires a carriage to drive him home.
3. What conditions does Tess place on her agreement to go live with the D'Urbervilles in Tantridge?
(a) She will ask if she can work for them, but she won't ask them for money.
(b) She will go if she can take Abraham with her.
(c) She agrees to go if her mother forgives her for her role in the horse's death.
(d) She will go if she can have new clothes so she will fit in.
4. When Tess first sees Angel, what is her reaction?
(a) She is happy to see someone familiar-looking.
(b) She doesn't like him at all.
(c) She thinks he is funny-looking.
(d) She is afraid he might recognize her.
5. In Chapter 25 Angel decides to go back to his parents' home. Why?
(a) To ask their opinion about his desire to marry Tess.
(b) To join the clergy.
(c) To get away from Tess.
(d) Because his father is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tess decides to go to Talbothays when she hears about a possible job there. Where is Talbothays located?
2. Who actually sent the letter inviting Tess to work at Tantridge?
3. What kind of work does Tess do at Talbothays?
4. Tess appears to lose hope in Chapter 13. Why?
5. In Chapter 13, what does Tess discover?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)