|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49 | Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Tess is at Talbothays, she is quite happy. What causes her happiness?
(a) No one knows about her past so she feels renewed.
(b) She is far away from Marlott.
(c) She is falling in love with Angel.
(d) She likes working for Mr. Crick.
2. In Chapter 23, what do Tess and the other dairymaids encounter on the way to church?
(a) A storm.
(b) A flood.
(c) A sick cow.
(d) A beautiful meadow.
3. In Chapter 29 who tells a story that influences Tess greatly?
(a) Mrs. Crick.
(c) Dairyman Crick.
(d) Tess's mother.
4. Where does Angel finally confess his love for Tess?
(a) In the pasture.
(b) In the barn.
(c) On a moonlit walk.
(d) At dinner.
5. At dinnertime, Angel is seated at a different table than the other dairy workers because ______.
(a) He is of a higher class.
(b) He likes to read while he eats dinner.
(c) The dairyman's wife is afraid he will corrupt the dairymaids.
(d) He has a contagious disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Angel's parents read to him?
2. In Chapter 48 who arrives with news for Tess?
3. After their marriage, Angel makes a confession about his own past, and an incident that happened in London. What does he confess?
4. At Talbothays,Tess shares sleeping quarters with ____, Izz Rhuett, and Rhetty.
5. When her parents do not return from the pub, who does Tess send after them to bring them home?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)