|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49 | Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At dinnertime, Angel is seated at a different table than the other dairy workers because ______.
(a) The dairyman's wife is afraid he will corrupt the dairymaids.
(b) He has a contagious disease.
(c) He likes to read while he eats dinner.
(d) He is of a higher class.
2. When her parents do not return from the pub, who does Tess send after them to bring them home?
3. In Chapter 47, Tess tries once more to get Alec to leave her alone. What does she do?
(a) Tells him she will tell her father that he is bothering her.
(b) Slaps him on the face with her leather glove.
(c) Slaps him in the face with a horse whip.
(d) Tells him she has rejected religion.
4. In Chapter 23, what do Tess and the other dairymaids encounter on the way to church?
(a) A storm.
(b) A flood.
(c) A beautiful meadow.
(d) A sick cow.
5. Alec tells Tess of a bad omen. What?
(a) The D'Urberville legend of the masked man.
(b) The D'Uberville legend of the carriage.
(c) That he saw vultures flying overhead - an omen of death.
(d) The legend of the cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tess see working the fields for her parents in Chapter 49?
2. After someone close to her dies, Tess decides to move the family to ____.
3. At Talbothays, Tess is supervised by ______.
4. In Chapter 13, what does Tess discover?
5. At Talbothays Tess meets Angel - what does Angel's father do for a living?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)