|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49 | Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the trip to Tantridge, Tess considers returning home. Why?
(a) Alec forces her to kiss him.
(b) She doesn't want to work in a strange place.
(c) She is afraid of meeting the D'Urbervilles.
(d) She misses her family.
2. Where does Angel finally confess his love for Tess?
(a) In the pasture.
(b) In the barn.
(c) At dinner.
(d) On a moonlit walk.
3. When Tess leaves her parents house to go look for work elsewhere, what does she leave for her parents?
(a) A letter of apology.
(b) A gift.
(c) Twenty five pounds, half the money Angel gave her.
(d) Fifty pounds, half the money Angel gave her.
4. In Chapter 38 Tess tells her mother that ______.
(a) Angel found out about Alec, but forgave her for her past.
(b) Alec contacted her, and she is going to work for his mother.
(c) Angel found out about Alec, but not from her.
(d) She is going to join Angel once he's found a farm for them to live on.
5. At dinnertime, Angel is seated at a different table than the other dairy workers because ______.
(a) He likes to read while he eats dinner.
(b) He has a contagious disease.
(c) The dairyman's wife is afraid he will corrupt the dairymaids.
(d) He is of a higher class.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 40, who says "nobody could love 'ee more than Tess did! . . . She would have laid down her life for 'ee."
2. Tess proves herself to have a stubborn streak. In Chapter 8, how is her stubbornness shown by the author?
3. In Chapter 47, Tess tries once more to get Alec to leave her alone. What does she do?
4. What does Tess finally decide the relationship between herself and Angel?
5. What do Angel and Tess find they have in common, that surprises them both?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)