|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49 | Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Angel decides to go to _______.
(b) British West Indies.
2. When Angel tells Tess he loves her, and hugs her, she makes an excuse to move out of his embrace. What is her excuse?
(a) That she has been stung by a bee.
(b) That she doesn't want anyone to see them.
(c) That the cow might kick over the milk pail.
(d) That she doesn't feel the same way.
3. How does Angel react when Tess tells him about her past?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He suggests she make contact with the D'Urbervilles.
(c) He thinks that being a D'Urberville will make his parents accept her all the more readily.
(d) He is confused because he thinks she should be proud of her family connections.
4. At dinnertime, Angel is seated at a different table than the other dairy workers because ______.
(a) He has a contagious disease.
(b) He likes to read while he eats dinner.
(c) He is of a higher class.
(d) The dairyman's wife is afraid he will corrupt the dairymaids.
5. Angel reconsiders his attitude towards Tess and his rejection of her, when ___.
(a) He hears that Tess is in contact with Alec again.
(b) Alec writes to him and asks him to divorce Tess.
(c) An Englishman he meets in Brazil tells him he was wrong to abandon Tess.
(d) An Englishman he meets in Belize tells him he was wrong to abandon Tess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alec tell Tess in Chapter 47, when she refuses him yet again?
2. Angel returns to the D'Urberville manor house, which is located where?
3. Why does Tess wake up at 2 a.m.?
4. After someone close to her dies, Tess decides to move the family to ____.
5. Why does Angel continue to pursue Tess?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)