|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49 | Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tess appears to lose hope in Chapter 13. Why?
(a) She believes no gentleman will ever marry her because she has been 'ruined'.
(b) Her mother is angry with her.
(c) She hasn't heard from Alec.
(d) She can't find another job.
2. When her parents still don't come home, what does Tess finally do?
(a) Locks the other children in the cottage and goes to fetch her parents.
(b) Asks a neighbor to go get them.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Sends her sister to find them.
3. In Chapter 23, what do Tess and the other dairymaids encounter on the way to church?
(a) A beautiful meadow.
(b) A sick cow.
(c) A flood.
(d) A storm.
4. Who does Angel's family want him to marry?
(b) Mercy Chant.
(d) The Queen of Spades.
5. In Chapter 27 what does Angel do on his return to Talbothays?
(a) Pursues one of the other dairymaids.
(b) Tells Mr. Crick he is leaving his job.
(c) Asks Tess to run away with him.
(d) Asks Tess to marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Angel returns to the D'Urberville manor house, which is located where?
2. When Tess is introduced to Mrs. D'Urberville, how is she treated?
3. Who eventually baptizes the child?
4. Angel reconsiders his attitude towards Tess and his rejection of her, when ___.
5. What does Tess's mother hope will happen once Tess arrives at Tantridge?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)