|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49 | Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 29 who tells a story that influences Tess greatly?
(a) Tess's mother.
(c) Dairyman Crick.
(d) Mrs. Crick.
2. What does Alec tell Tess in Chapter 47, when she refuses him yet again?
(a) That he is her master, and always will be.
(b) That he thinks she is being foolish.
(c) That she is his slave and always will be.
(d) That he is going to Africa to forget her.
3. At dinnertime, Angel is seated at a different table than the other dairy workers because ______.
(a) He is of a higher class.
(b) He likes to read while he eats dinner.
(c) He has a contagious disease.
(d) The dairyman's wife is afraid he will corrupt the dairymaids.
4. Angel decides to go to _______.
(a) British West Indies.
5. What does Tess do as a result of the altercation between Angel and the other man, in Chapter 32?
(a) Asks Angel to call the police and report the other man for slander.
(b) Slips a letter under his door, telling him the truth.
(c) Asks Angel if they can get married sooner.
(d) Tells Angel she doesn't want him fighting on her behalf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tess decide not to return home from Tantridge after all?
2. In Chapter 40, who says "nobody could love 'ee more than Tess did! . . . She would have laid down her life for 'ee."
3. Angel reconsiders his attitude towards Tess and his rejection of her, when ___.
4. What does Tess's mother hope will happen once Tess arrives at Tantridge?
5. Who eventually baptizes the child?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)