|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49 | Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Alec appears again, in Chapter 47, he blames Tess for ____.
(a) Driving him into missionary work.
(b) Causing him to lose his faith.
(c) Causing a rift between him and his family.
(d) Causing him to become lazy.
2. Tess has made a pact with the other dairymaids. What does she swear?
(a) Not to marry Angel.
(b) That she will never lie to them.
(c) That she will remain at Talbothays as long as they do.
(d) Not to tell anyone about Alec.
3. When Tess is introduced to Mrs. D'Urberville, how is she treated?
(a) Like a long-lost relative.
(b) She is made welcome.
(c) Like any other servant.
(d) With friendship.
4. When Tess's baby becomes ill, she is upset because ______.
(a) The child has not been baptized.
(b) She thinks she is a bad mother.
(c) She can't afford a doctor.
(d) Her father thinks it's her fault.
5. In Chapter 27 what does Angel do on his return to Talbothays?
(a) Pursues one of the other dairymaids.
(b) Tells Mr. Crick he is leaving his job.
(c) Asks Tess to marry him.
(d) Asks Tess to run away with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to fetch Tess and take her to Tantridge?
2. Who does Angel's family want him to marry?
3. Why does Tess blame herself for the death of the horse?
4. Angel returns to the D'Urberville manor house, which is located where?
5. Who comes along just as a fight is about to break out between Tess and another woman?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)