|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49 | Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tess takes a job as a ____ to support her baby.
(a) Dairy maid.
2. Tess considers telling Angel about her link with the D'Urbervilles, but decides against it. Why?
(a) She thinks he won't believe her.
(b) She is afraid he will think she is putting on airs.
(c) Mr. Crick tells her Angel has scorn for old noble families.
(d) She isn't sure she wants anyone to know.
3. What is one of Tess's duties at the farm?
(a) She has to wake up the other dairymaids at 3 a.m.
(b) She has to make sure the cows don't escape.
(c) She has to make the beds.
(d) She has to take the milk to market.
4. After Tess leaves for Tantridge, how does her mother feel?
(a) Sad, she will miss Tess.
(b) Happy, the family will have more money.
(c) Regretful, she thinks she pressured Tess.
(d) Worried about Alec's intentions.
5. In Chapter 47, Tess tries once more to get Alec to leave her alone. What does she do?
(a) Tells him she will tell her father that he is bothering her.
(b) Slaps him in the face with a horse whip.
(c) Slaps him on the face with her leather glove.
(d) Tells him she has rejected religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Angel tries to help Tess out with her chores. What does he do?
2. Who comes along just as a fight is about to break out between Tess and another woman?
3. When Angel tells Tess he loves her, and hugs her, she makes an excuse to move out of his embrace. What is her excuse?
4. What does Tess learn from the person who visits her at the farm in Chapter 48?
5. When Tess hears that Angel asked someone to accompany him to Brazil, she decides to make a journey. Where does she set off for, and why?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)