|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49 | Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who eventually baptizes the child?
(a) The kind-hearted bishop.
(b) The pastor.
(d) No one.
2. What does Tess do as a result of the altercation between Angel and the other man, in Chapter 32?
(a) Slips a letter under his door, telling him the truth.
(b) Tells Angel she doesn't want him fighting on her behalf.
(c) Asks Angel if they can get married sooner.
(d) Asks Angel to call the police and report the other man for slander.
3. What motivates Tess to make a promise to Angel?
(a) The other dairymaids urge her to do so.
(b) Angel asks her to make a promise.
(c) She wants him to leave her alone.
(d) It wouldn't be fair to marry him if he doesn't know about her past.
4. Who comes to fetch Tess and take her to Tantridge?
(b) She takes the train.
(c) Her brother.
(d) A servant.
5. How does Angel react when Tess tells him about her past?
(a) He suggests she make contact with the D'Urbervilles.
(b) He is confused because he thinks she should be proud of her family connections.
(c) He thinks that being a D'Urberville will make his parents accept her all the more readily.
(d) He is angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 40, who says "nobody could love 'ee more than Tess did! . . . She would have laid down her life for 'ee."
2. In Chapter 3, Tess is left in charge of all the younger children. Where have her parents gone?
3. In Chapter 37, what happens during the night?
4. Who does Angel's family want him to marry?
5. When Tess's baby becomes ill, she is upset because ______.
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)