|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49 | Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tess blame herself for the death of the horse?
(a) She thinks if she hadn't fallen asleep, she could have prevented the accident.
(b) She thinks she shouldn't have taken the horse out in the dark.
(c) She caused the accident that resulted in the horse being killed.
(d) Her father tells her it is her fault.
2. At dinnertime, Angel is seated at a different table than the other dairy workers because ______.
(a) He likes to read while he eats dinner.
(b) He is of a higher class.
(c) He has a contagious disease.
(d) The dairyman's wife is afraid he will corrupt the dairymaids.
3. What does Tess tell Angel in Chapter 30 about her past?
(a) That Alec seduced her.
(b) That she has had a baby.
(c) That she is already married.
(d) That she is related to the D'Urbervilles.
4. Tess takes a job as a ____ to support her baby.
(a) Dairy maid.
5. What does Alec tell Tess in Chapter 47, when she refuses him yet again?
(a) That he is her master, and always will be.
(b) That she is his slave and always will be.
(c) That he thinks she is being foolish.
(d) That he is going to Africa to forget her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tess feel about Alec in Chapter 9?
2. In Chapter 49, who does Tess learn has died?
3. Which character, introduced in Chapter 10, picks on Tess?
4. What is one of Tess's duties at the farm?
5. When her parents still don't come home, what does Tess finally do?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)