|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49 | Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Tess is left in charge of all the younger children. Where have her parents gone?
(a) To visit a sick friend.
(c) To a dance.
(d) To the pub.
2. After Tess leaves for Tantridge, how does her mother feel?
(a) Worried about Alec's intentions.
(b) Regretful, she thinks she pressured Tess.
(c) Sad, she will miss Tess.
(d) Happy, the family will have more money.
3. On the trip to Tantridge, Tess considers returning home. Why?
(a) She doesn't want to work in a strange place.
(b) She misses her family.
(c) She is afraid of meeting the D'Urbervilles.
(d) Alec forces her to kiss him.
4. Tess has made a pact with the other dairymaids. What does she swear?
(a) That she will never lie to them.
(b) Not to marry Angel.
(c) Not to tell anyone about Alec.
(d) That she will remain at Talbothays as long as they do.
5. Where does Angel finally confess his love for Tess?
(a) At dinner.
(b) In the barn.
(c) In the pasture.
(d) On a moonlit walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alec tell Tess in Chapter 47, when she refuses him yet again?
2. Angel tries to help Tess out with her chores. What does he do?
3. What plan does Tess's mother come up with to help the family?
4. Who comes to fetch Tess and take her to Tantridge?
5. In Chapter 49, who does Tess learn has died?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)