|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Talbothays,Tess shares sleeping quarters with ____, Izz Rhuett, and Rhetty.
2. Who eventually baptizes the child?
(a) The pastor.
(b) The kind-hearted bishop.
(c) No one.
3. When her parents still don't come home, what does Tess finally do?
(a) Locks the other children in the cottage and goes to fetch her parents.
(b) Sends her sister to find them.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Asks a neighbor to go get them.
4. When Tess is introduced to Mrs. D'Urberville, how is she treated?
(a) Like any other servant.
(b) She is made welcome.
(c) With friendship.
(d) Like a long-lost relative.
5. At Talbothays Tess meets Angel - what does Angel's father do for a living?
(a) He is a parson.
(b) He is independently wealthy.
(c) He is a bishop.
(d) He is a teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the trip to Tantridge, Tess considers returning home. Why?
2. What does Alec do in Chapter 9 that Tess doesn't like?
3. In Chapter 3, Tess is left in charge of all the younger children. Where have her parents gone?
4. When Tess first sees Angel, what is her reaction?
5. Who comes to fetch Tess and take her to Tantridge?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)