|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who eventually baptizes the child?
(b) The kind-hearted bishop.
(c) No one.
(d) The pastor.
2. At Talbothays, Tess is supervised by ______.
(a) Mr. Talbothay.
(b) Mr. Clare.
(c) No one.
(d) Mr. Crick.
3. Why does the character who picks on Tess do so?
(a) She is one of Alec's former conquests and is jealous of Tess.
(b) She doesn't like strangers and wants Tess to leave.
(c) She thinks Tess is going to hit her.
(d) She wants Alec to stick up for her.
4. In Chapter 13, what does Tess discover?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) The family fortunes have improved.
(c) Her mother is pregnant.
(d) She can't remember what Alec looked like.
5. On the trip to Tantridge, Tess considers returning home. Why?
(a) She is afraid of meeting the D'Urbervilles.
(b) She doesn't want to work in a strange place.
(c) Alec forces her to kiss him.
(d) She misses her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tess is introduced to Mrs. D'Urberville, how is she treated?
2. At Talbothays Tess meets Angel - what does Angel's father do for a living?
3. Who comes to fetch Tess and take her to Tantridge?
4. What does Tess name her baby?
5. Who comes along just as a fight is about to break out between Tess and another woman?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)