|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tess blame herself for the death of the horse?
(a) She caused the accident that resulted in the horse being killed.
(b) Her father tells her it is her fault.
(c) She thinks she shouldn't have taken the horse out in the dark.
(d) She thinks if she hadn't fallen asleep, she could have prevented the accident.
2. Why does Tess wake up at 2 a.m.?
(a) She's worried about the family's finances and can't sleep.
(b) She has to take the bee hives to market in another town.
(c) She had a bad dream.
(d) Her sister is crying.
3. On the trip to Tantridge, Tess considers returning home. Why?
(a) She doesn't want to work in a strange place.
(b) She misses her family.
(c) Alec forces her to kiss him.
(d) She is afraid of meeting the D'Urbervilles.
4. What plan does Tess's mother come up with to help the family?
(a) She plans to enlarge the bee hives so they will bring in more cash.
(b) She plans to get her husband to stop drinking so much.
(c) She plans to find more work so that she can earn money.
(d) She plans to send Tess to live with a member of the D'Uberville family in another town.
5. When her parents still don't come home, what does Tess finally do?
(a) Goes to sleep.
(b) Asks a neighbor to go get them.
(c) Sends her sister to find them.
(d) Locks the other children in the cottage and goes to fetch her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tess name her baby?
2. Who comes to fetch Tess and take her to Tantridge?
3. Angel's father refused to send him to college. Why?
4. Which character, introduced in Chapter 10, picks on Tess?
5. What does Alec do in Chapter 9 that Tess doesn't like?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)