|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When her parents still don't come home, what does Tess finally do?
(a) Locks the other children in the cottage and goes to fetch her parents.
(b) Sends her sister to find them.
(c) Asks a neighbor to go get them.
(d) Goes to sleep.
2. Why does the character who picks on Tess do so?
(a) She doesn't like strangers and wants Tess to leave.
(b) She thinks Tess is going to hit her.
(c) She wants Alec to stick up for her.
(d) She is one of Alec's former conquests and is jealous of Tess.
3. When Tess is introduced to Mrs. D'Urberville, how is she treated?
(a) She is made welcome.
(b) With friendship.
(c) Like a long-lost relative.
(d) Like any other servant.
4. At Talbothays,Tess shares sleeping quarters with ____, Izz Rhuett, and Rhetty.
5. Which character, introduced in Chapter 10, picks on Tess?
(a) The police officer.
(b) Angel's brother.
(c) The Queen of Spades.
(d) The dark-haired milkmaid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alec do in Chapter 9 that Tess doesn't like?
2. Who comes to fetch Tess and take her to Tantridge?
3. When her parents do not return from the pub, who does Tess send after them to bring them home?
4. Why does Tess decide not to return home from Tantridge after all?
5. Tess takes a job as a ____ to support her baby.
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)