|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Talbothays, Tess is supervised by ______.
(a) Mr. Crick.
(b) No one.
(c) Mr. Talbothay.
(d) Mr. Clare.
2. When her parents do not return from the pub, who does Tess send after them to bring them home?
3. Tess proves herself to have a stubborn streak. In Chapter 8, how is her stubbornness shown by the author?
(a) She will not let anyone help her with her luggage.
(b) She refuses to drive the horses, because she doesn't want to get dirty.
(c) She refuses to ride in the carriage with Alec, but walks alongside instead.
(d) She refuses to show that she is nervous.
4. When Tess first sees Angel, what is her reaction?
(a) She doesn't like him at all.
(b) She is afraid he might recognize her.
(c) She thinks he is funny-looking.
(d) She is happy to see someone familiar-looking.
5. On the trip to Tantridge, Tess considers returning home. Why?
(a) She is afraid of meeting the D'Urbervilles.
(b) She doesn't want to work in a strange place.
(c) She misses her family.
(d) Alec forces her to kiss him.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Talbothays,Tess shares sleeping quarters with ____, Izz Rhuett, and Rhetty.
2. Angel's father refused to send him to college. Why?
3. Why does Tess blame herself for the death of the horse?
4. Which character, introduced in Chapter 10, picks on Tess?
5. After Tess leaves for Tantridge, how does her mother feel?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)