|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tess's baby becomes ill, she is upset because ______.
(a) The child has not been baptized.
(b) She thinks she is a bad mother.
(c) She can't afford a doctor.
(d) Her father thinks it's her fault.
2. What does Tess name her baby?
3. What does Tess's mother hope will happen once Tess arrives at Tantridge?
(a) Tess will like it there.
(b) She will save her money and help the family financially.
(c) Her beauty will impress Alec and he will marry her.
(d) Tess will get along well with the D'Urbervilles and they will like her.
4. In Chapter 3, Tess is left in charge of all the younger children. Where have her parents gone?
(a) To visit a sick friend.
(c) To a dance.
(d) To the pub.
5. Angel's father refused to send him to college. Why?
(a) Angel's family is wealthy so he won't need to study for a career.
(b) He can't afford it.
(c) Angel has rejected religious principles and won't be part of the clergy, so his father thinks he doesn't really need a college education.
(d) He thinks college is a waste of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the trip to Tantridge, Tess considers returning home. Why?
2. Why does Tess decide not to return home from Tantridge after all?
3. Who comes along just as a fight is about to break out between Tess and another woman?
4. Why does Tess blame herself for the death of the horse?
5. Why does Tess wake up at 2 a.m.?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)