|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tess's baby becomes ill, she is upset because ______.
(a) She thinks she is a bad mother.
(b) She can't afford a doctor.
(c) Her father thinks it's her fault.
(d) The child has not been baptized.
2. Tess proves herself to have a stubborn streak. In Chapter 8, how is her stubbornness shown by the author?
(a) She will not let anyone help her with her luggage.
(b) She refuses to ride in the carriage with Alec, but walks alongside instead.
(c) She refuses to drive the horses, because she doesn't want to get dirty.
(d) She refuses to show that she is nervous.
3. At Talbothays, Tess is supervised by ______.
(a) Mr. Clare.
(b) No one.
(c) Mr. Talbothay.
(d) Mr. Crick.
4. On the trip to Tantridge, Tess considers returning home. Why?
(a) She misses her family.
(b) Alec forces her to kiss him.
(c) She is afraid of meeting the D'Urbervilles.
(d) She doesn't want to work in a strange place.
5. What does Tess name her baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tess wake up at 2 a.m.?
2. Why does Tess decide not to return home from Tantridge after all?
3. Who eventually baptizes the child?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Tess discover?
5. Which character, introduced in Chapter 10, picks on Tess?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)