Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plan does Tess's mother come up with to help the family?
(a) She plans to find more work so that she can earn money.
(b) She plans to send Tess to live with a member of the D'Uberville family in another town.
(c) She plans to get her husband to stop drinking so much.
(d) She plans to enlarge the bee hives so they will bring in more cash.
2. When her parents do not return from the pub, who does Tess send after them to bring them home?
3. Why does Tess wake up at 2 a.m.?
(a) She's worried about the family's finances and can't sleep.
(b) She has to take the bee hives to market in another town.
(c) She had a bad dream.
(d) Her sister is crying.
4. Who comes along just as a fight is about to break out between Tess and another woman?
(b) The Queen of Spades.
(c) The D'Uberville's horsemaster.
5. At dinnertime, Angel is seated at a different table than the other dairy workers because ______.
(a) He is of a higher class.
(b) He likes to read while he eats dinner.
(c) The dairyman's wife is afraid he will corrupt the dairymaids.
(d) He has a contagious disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the character who picks on Tess do so?
2. Who comes to fetch Tess and take her to Tantridge?
3. Which character, introduced in Chapter 10, picks on Tess?
4. When Tess is introduced to Mrs. D'Urberville, how is she treated?
5. Tess proves herself to have a stubborn streak. In Chapter 8, how is her stubbornness shown by the author?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)