|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who eventually baptizes the child?
(a) The pastor.
(c) The kind-hearted bishop.
(d) No one.
2. Tess has made a pact with the other dairymaids. What does she swear?
(a) That she will never lie to them.
(b) Not to tell anyone about Alec.
(c) Not to marry Angel.
(d) That she will remain at Talbothays as long as they do.
3. After their marriage, Angel makes a confession about his own past, and an incident that happened in London. What does he confess?
(a) That he had an affair with a woman in London.
(b) That he is color blind.
(c) That he seduced Rhetty before Tess came to the dairy.
(d) That he knows about her relationship with Alec.
4. Angel is persistent in asking Tess why she will not marry him. What does Tess finally promise him?
(a) That she will give her blessing for him to marry one of the other dairymaids.
(b) That she will give her blessing for him to marry Mercy Chant.
(c) That she will reveal the reason she can't marry him on Sunday.
(d) That she will leave the farm.
5. After Tess leaves for Tantridge, how does her mother feel?
(a) Happy, the family will have more money.
(b) Sad, she will miss Tess.
(c) Regretful, she thinks she pressured Tess.
(d) Worried about Alec's intentions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angel continue to pursue Tess?
2. Why has Tess made a pact with the other dairymaids?
3. Tess proves herself to have a stubborn streak. In Chapter 8, how is her stubbornness shown by the author?
4. Tess takes a job as a ____ to support her baby.
5. Hardy's description of Tess and Angel likens them to ___.
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)