|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hardy's description of Tess and Angel likens them to ___.
(a) Adam and Eve.
(b) Helen of Troy and Agamemnon.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Troilus and Cressida.
2. Why does Angel hit another man in Chapter 33?
(a) The man is drunk and knocks Tess down.
(b) The man makes a pass at Tess.
(c) The man recognizes Tess and questions her virtue.
(d) The man is an old enemy of Angel's father.
3. Tess takes a job as a ____ to support her baby.
(d) Dairy maid.
4. How does Marian react to the marriage?
(a) She tries to drown herself.
(b) She gets drunk.
(c) Quits her job and leaves the farm.
(d) She refuses to speak to Tess.
5. What 'bad omen' occurs just as Angel and Tess are leaving the farm?
(b) A rooster crows in the afternoon.
(c) One of the cows miscarries.
(d) There is a ghost in the carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angel continue to pursue Tess?
2. After their marriage, Angel makes a confession about his own past, and an incident that happened in London. What does he confess?
3. Tess considers telling Angel about her link with the D'Urbervilles, but decides against it. Why?
4. Who eventually baptizes the child?
5. In Chapter 27 what does Angel do on his return to Talbothays?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)