|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Angel hit another man in Chapter 33?
(a) The man recognizes Tess and questions her virtue.
(b) The man makes a pass at Tess.
(c) The man is an old enemy of Angel's father.
(d) The man is drunk and knocks Tess down.
2. When Tess's baby becomes ill, she is upset because ______.
(a) The child has not been baptized.
(b) She thinks she is a bad mother.
(c) She can't afford a doctor.
(d) Her father thinks it's her fault.
3. Angel tries to help Tess out with her chores. What does he do?
(a) Pays someone to do some of her chores.
(b) Plays the harp so she will feel happier about working.
(c) Makes sure the cows she has to milk are the most good-natured ones.
(d) Carries the milk pails for her.
4. Tess considers telling Angel about her link with the D'Urbervilles, but decides against it. Why?
(a) She is afraid he will think she is putting on airs.
(b) She thinks he won't believe her.
(c) Mr. Crick tells her Angel has scorn for old noble families.
(d) She isn't sure she wants anyone to know.
5. What gift does Tess receive from Angel's parents?
(a) Sapphire earrings.
(b) Gold goblets.
(c) A horse and coach.
(d) Diamond jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who eventually baptizes the child?
2. Why has Tess made a pact with the other dairymaids?
3. While Tess is at Talbothays, she is quite happy. What causes her happiness?
4. What motivates Tess to make a promise to Angel?
5. What do Angel and Tess find they have in common, that surprises them both?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)