|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who eventually baptizes the child?
(b) The pastor.
(c) The kind-hearted bishop.
(d) No one.
2. Hardy's description of Tess and Angel likens them to ___.
(a) Troilus and Cressida.
(b) Helen of Troy and Agamemnon.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Adam and Eve.
3. What gift does Tess receive from Angel's parents?
(a) Gold goblets.
(b) Diamond jewelry.
(c) A horse and coach.
(d) Sapphire earrings.
4. What does Tess's mother hope will happen once Tess arrives at Tantridge?
(a) Tess will like it there.
(b) Tess will get along well with the D'Urbervilles and they will like her.
(c) She will save her money and help the family financially.
(d) Her beauty will impress Alec and he will marry her.
5. Tess appears to lose hope in Chapter 13. Why?
(a) She hasn't heard from Alec.
(b) She can't find another job.
(c) She believes no gentleman will ever marry her because she has been 'ruined'.
(d) Her mother is angry with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tess's baby becomes ill, she is upset because ______.
2. Angel is persistent in asking Tess why she will not marry him. What does Tess finally promise him?
3. On the trip to Tantridge, Tess considers returning home. Why?
4. How does Marian react to the marriage?
5. What does Tess do as a result of the altercation between Angel and the other man, in Chapter 32?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)