|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Angel is persistent in asking Tess why she will not marry him. What does Tess finally promise him?
(a) That she will give her blessing for him to marry Mercy Chant.
(b) That she will leave the farm.
(c) That she will reveal the reason she can't marry him on Sunday.
(d) That she will give her blessing for him to marry one of the other dairymaids.
2. What gift does Tess receive from Angel's parents?
(a) A horse and coach.
(b) Gold goblets.
(c) Diamond jewelry.
(d) Sapphire earrings.
3. On the trip to Tantridge, Tess considers returning home. Why?
(a) She misses her family.
(b) Alec forces her to kiss him.
(c) She doesn't want to work in a strange place.
(d) She is afraid of meeting the D'Urbervilles.
4. Why does Angel hit another man in Chapter 33?
(a) The man recognizes Tess and questions her virtue.
(b) The man makes a pass at Tess.
(c) The man is an old enemy of Angel's father.
(d) The man is drunk and knocks Tess down.
5. What motivates Tess to make a promise to Angel?
(a) The other dairymaids urge her to do so.
(b) It wouldn't be fair to marry him if he doesn't know about her past.
(c) Angel asks her to make a promise.
(d) She wants him to leave her alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tess do as a result of the altercation between Angel and the other man, in Chapter 32?
2. What does Tess name her baby?
3. How does Marian react to the marriage?
4. Why has Tess made a pact with the other dairymaids?
5. In Chapter 13, what does Tess discover?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)