|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hardy's description of Tess and Angel likens them to ___.
(a) Troilus and Cressida.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) Adam and Eve.
(d) Helen of Troy and Agamemnon.
2. What is one of Tess's duties at the farm?
(a) She has to take the milk to market.
(b) She has to make the beds.
(c) She has to make sure the cows don't escape.
(d) She has to wake up the other dairymaids at 3 a.m.
3. Angel is persistent in asking Tess why she will not marry him. What does Tess finally promise him?
(a) That she will reveal the reason she can't marry him on Sunday.
(b) That she will give her blessing for him to marry Mercy Chant.
(c) That she will leave the farm.
(d) That she will give her blessing for him to marry one of the other dairymaids.
4. How does Marian react to the marriage?
(a) She gets drunk.
(b) Quits her job and leaves the farm.
(c) She tries to drown herself.
(d) She refuses to speak to Tess.
5. On the trip to Tantridge, Tess considers returning home. Why?
(a) She is afraid of meeting the D'Urbervilles.
(b) She misses her family.
(c) Alec forces her to kiss him.
(d) She doesn't want to work in a strange place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Tess receive from Angel's parents?
2. Angel tries to help Tess out with her chores. What does he do?
3. In Chapter 27 what does Angel do on his return to Talbothays?
4. After Tess leaves for Tantridge, how does her mother feel?
5. Why does Angel continue to pursue Tess?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)