|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the trip to Tantridge, Tess considers returning home. Why?
(a) She misses her family.
(b) She is afraid of meeting the D'Urbervilles.
(c) Alec forces her to kiss him.
(d) She doesn't want to work in a strange place.
2. In Chapter 27 what does Angel do on his return to Talbothays?
(a) Pursues one of the other dairymaids.
(b) Tells Mr. Crick he is leaving his job.
(c) Asks Tess to marry him.
(d) Asks Tess to run away with him.
3. Hardy's description of Tess and Angel likens them to ___.
(a) Helen of Troy and Agamemnon.
(b) Adam and Eve.
(c) Troilus and Cressida.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
4. When Tess's baby becomes ill, she is upset because ______.
(a) Her father thinks it's her fault.
(b) The child has not been baptized.
(c) She thinks she is a bad mother.
(d) She can't afford a doctor.
5. While Tess is at Talbothays, she is quite happy. What causes her happiness?
(a) No one knows about her past so she feels renewed.
(b) She likes working for Mr. Crick.
(c) She is far away from Marlott.
(d) She is falling in love with Angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Tess receive from Angel's parents?
2. Tess proves herself to have a stubborn streak. In Chapter 8, how is her stubbornness shown by the author?
3. After Tess leaves for Tantridge, how does her mother feel?
4. Angel tries to help Tess out with her chores. What does he do?
5. Tess takes a job as a ____ to support her baby.
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)