Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the trip to Tantridge, Tess considers returning home. Why?
(a) She misses her family.
(b) She is afraid of meeting the D'Urbervilles.
(c) She doesn't want to work in a strange place.
(d) Alec forces her to kiss him.
2. After Tess leaves for Tantridge, how does her mother feel?
(a) Sad, she will miss Tess.
(b) Worried about Alec's intentions.
(c) Regretful, she thinks she pressured Tess.
(d) Happy, the family will have more money.
3. Why does Tess decide not to return home from Tantridge after all?
(a) She decides that she should just go and see what it's like before she makes a decision.
(b) She needs the work so she can contribute to her family's finances.
(c) She realizes she is simply nervous about the new situation.
(d) She is afraid her mother and father will be angry if she goes home.
4. What is one of Tess's duties at the farm?
(a) She has to wake up the other dairymaids at 3 a.m.
(b) She has to make the beds.
(c) She has to take the milk to market.
(d) She has to make sure the cows don't escape.
5. After their marriage, Angel makes a confession about his own past, and an incident that happened in London. What does he confess?
(a) That he seduced Rhetty before Tess came to the dairy.
(b) That he knows about her relationship with Alec.
(c) That he is color blind.
(d) That he had an affair with a woman in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Tess is at Talbothays, she is quite happy. What causes her happiness?
2. In Chapter 13, what does Tess discover?
3. Hardy's description of Tess and Angel likens them to ___.
4. Angel tries to help Tess out with her chores. What does he do?
5. Who eventually baptizes the child?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)