|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alec insists Tess swear by a stone monument that she will not tempt him again. What is the monument?
(a) A stone chapel.
(b) A Cross.
(c) A tombstone.
(d) A crucifix.
2. What does Tess tell Angel in Chapter 30 about her past?
(a) That she is already married.
(b) That Alec seduced her.
(c) That she has had a baby.
(d) That she is related to the D'Urbervilles.
3. What does Tess learn about the significance of the monument?
(a) It is a symbol of chastity.
(b) It is a pagan symbol.
(c) It is a symbol of Christianity.
(d) It is a commemoration to someone who sold his soul to the devil.
4. Alec wants to marry Tess because ____.
(a) He thinks she loves him.
(b) He wants to convert her to Christianity.
(c) He wants to protect her from Angel.
(d) He wants to right the wrong he did.
5. What does Angel tell Tess about Alec?
(a) That he is a mercenary.
(b) That he is a cousin of Angel's.
(c) That he has been run over by a horse.
(d) That he is not really a D'Urberville.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tess decides to go to Talbothays when she hears about a possible job there. Where is Talbothays located?
2. Talbothays is located very close to ______.
3. In the story that is recounted in Chapter 29, who is the main male character?
4. While Tess is working in the fields at Flintcomb Ash, Alec appears and asks Tess to ____.
5. How old is Tess when she goes to Talbothays?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)