|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Angel threaten to do if Tess still refuses his proposals?
(a) Ask her parents for her hand.
(b) Marry Mercy Chant.
(c) Marry Marian.
(d) Leave Talbothays.
2. How much time has elapsed between the time Tess came home from Tantridge and the time she starts working at Talbothays?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Almost four years.
(c) Between two and three years.
(d) Five years.
3. How old is Tess when she goes to Talbothays?
4. Talbothays is located very close to ______.
(a) The ancestral burial grounds of the D'Urbervilles.
(d) The town of West Clare.
5. Alec wants to marry Tess because ____.
(a) He wants to convert her to Christianity.
(b) He wants to protect her from Angel.
(c) He wants to right the wrong he did.
(d) He thinks she loves him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tess learn about the significance of the monument?
2. While Tess is working in the fields at Flintcomb Ash, Alec appears and asks Tess to ____.
3. Alec insists Tess swear by a stone monument that she will not tempt him again. What is the monument?
4. What is Tess's reason for choosing to work at Talbothays?
5. In Chapter 46, who is Tess referring to when she says "He won't hurt me, he's not in love with me."
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)