|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Angel react when Tess tells him about her past?
(a) He thinks that being a D'Urberville will make his parents accept her all the more readily.
(b) He is confused because he thinks she should be proud of her family connections.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He suggests she make contact with the D'Urbervilles.
2. What is Tess's reason for choosing to work at Talbothays?
(a) It is close to home.
(b) She is afraid her mother will be angry if she doesn't contribute to the family's finances.
(c) She wants a fresh start where no one knows about her past.
(d) She is still feeling guilty about the horse's death and wants to work in the barns.
3. How old is Tess when she goes to Talbothays?
4. Talbothays is located very close to ______.
(a) The town of West Clare.
(d) The ancestral burial grounds of the D'Urbervilles.
5. How much time has elapsed between the time Tess came home from Tantridge and the time she starts working at Talbothays?
(a) Five years.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Between two and three years.
(d) Almost four years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tess learn about the significance of the monument?
2. What does Angel tell Tess about Alec?
3. Alec wants to marry Tess because ____.
4. Tess decides to go to Talbothays when she hears about a possible job there. Where is Talbothays located?
5. Alec insists Tess swear by a stone monument that she will not tempt him again. What is the monument?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)