|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Tess is working in the fields at Flintcomb Ash, Alec appears and asks Tess to ____.
(b) Divorce Angel.
(c) Forgive him and forget what happened between them.
(d) Go to Africa with him as missionaries.
2. What is Tess's reason for choosing to work at Talbothays?
(a) She is still feeling guilty about the horse's death and wants to work in the barns.
(b) She wants a fresh start where no one knows about her past.
(c) She is afraid her mother will be angry if she doesn't contribute to the family's finances.
(d) It is close to home.
3. How does Angel react when Tess tells him about her past?
(a) He suggests she make contact with the D'Urbervilles.
(b) He is confused because he thinks she should be proud of her family connections.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He thinks that being a D'Urberville will make his parents accept her all the more readily.
4. What does Tess tell Angel in Chapter 30 about her past?
(a) That she is related to the D'Urbervilles.
(b) That Alec seduced her.
(c) That she is already married.
(d) That she has had a baby.
5. What kind of work does Tess do at Talbothays?
(c) Dairy maid.
(d) Caretaker of birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angel tell Tess about Alec?
2. What does Angel threaten to do if Tess still refuses his proposals?
3. Talbothays is located very close to ______.
4. How much time has elapsed between the time Tess came home from Tantridge and the time she starts working at Talbothays?
5. In the story that is recounted in Chapter 29, who is the main male character?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)