|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 29 who tells a story that influences Tess greatly?
(b) Mrs. Crick.
(c) Tess's mother.
(d) Dairyman Crick.
2. What kind of work does Tess do at Talbothays?
(b) Dairy maid.
(c) Caretaker of birds.
3. Alec insists Tess swear by a stone monument that she will not tempt him again. What is the monument?
(a) A tombstone.
(b) A stone chapel.
(c) A Cross.
(d) A crucifix.
4. Who does Tess learn is responsible for the change in Alec?
(a) Her own father.
(b) No one, Alec has not changed.
(c) The parson from Marlott.
(d) Mercy Chant.
5. What is Tess's reason for choosing to work at Talbothays?
(a) She wants a fresh start where no one knows about her past.
(b) She is still feeling guilty about the horse's death and wants to work in the barns.
(c) She is afraid her mother will be angry if she doesn't contribute to the family's finances.
(d) It is close to home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tess learn about the significance of the monument?
2. Talbothays is located very close to ______.
3. What does Angel threaten to do if Tess still refuses his proposals?
4. How old is Tess when she goes to Talbothays?
5. What does Angel tell Tess about Alec?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)