|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tess learn is responsible for the change in Alec?
(a) No one, Alec has not changed.
(b) Her own father.
(c) The parson from Marlott.
(d) Mercy Chant.
2. What does Angel tell Tess about Alec?
(a) That he is a cousin of Angel's.
(b) That he is a mercenary.
(c) That he is not really a D'Urberville.
(d) That he has been run over by a horse.
3. In the story that is recounted in Chapter 29, who is the main male character?
(a) Mr. Doll.
(b) Mr. Doldrum.
(c) Mr. Swallow.
(d) Mr. Dollop.
4. What does Angel threaten to do if Tess still refuses his proposals?
(a) Leave Talbothays.
(b) Marry Marian.
(c) Ask her parents for her hand.
(d) Marry Mercy Chant.
5. What is Tess's reason for choosing to work at Talbothays?
(a) She is afraid her mother will be angry if she doesn't contribute to the family's finances.
(b) She is still feeling guilty about the horse's death and wants to work in the barns.
(c) It is close to home.
(d) She wants a fresh start where no one knows about her past.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 29 who tells a story that influences Tess greatly?
2. How does Angel react when Tess tells him about her past?
3. How much time has elapsed between the time Tess came home from Tantridge and the time she starts working at Talbothays?
4. What does Tess learn about the significance of the monument?
5. What does Tess tell Angel in Chapter 30 about her past?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)