|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story that is recounted in Chapter 29, who is the main male character?
(a) Mr. Doll.
(b) Mr. Doldrum.
(c) Mr. Swallow.
(d) Mr. Dollop.
2. What does Angel threaten to do if Tess still refuses his proposals?
(a) Ask her parents for her hand.
(b) Leave Talbothays.
(c) Marry Mercy Chant.
(d) Marry Marian.
3. What does Tess learn about the significance of the monument?
(a) It is a pagan symbol.
(b) It is a symbol of chastity.
(c) It is a symbol of Christianity.
(d) It is a commemoration to someone who sold his soul to the devil.
4. What does Angel tell Tess about Alec?
(a) That he has been run over by a horse.
(b) That he is not really a D'Urberville.
(c) That he is a mercenary.
(d) That he is a cousin of Angel's.
5. Alec wants to marry Tess because ____.
(a) He wants to convert her to Christianity.
(b) He thinks she loves him.
(c) He wants to right the wrong he did.
(d) He wants to protect her from Angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tess's reason for choosing to work at Talbothays?
2. How old is Tess when she goes to Talbothays?
3. Tess decides to go to Talbothays when she hears about a possible job there. Where is Talbothays located?
4. Talbothays is located very close to ______.
5. In Chapter 46, who is Tess referring to when she says "He won't hurt me, he's not in love with me."
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)