|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story that is recounted in Chapter 29, who is the main male character?
(a) Mr. Dollop.
(b) Mr. Swallow.
(c) Mr. Doldrum.
(d) Mr. Doll.
2. What is Tess's reason for choosing to work at Talbothays?
(a) She is still feeling guilty about the horse's death and wants to work in the barns.
(b) It is close to home.
(c) She wants a fresh start where no one knows about her past.
(d) She is afraid her mother will be angry if she doesn't contribute to the family's finances.
3. What does Tess tell Angel in Chapter 30 about her past?
(a) That she is already married.
(b) That Alec seduced her.
(c) That she is related to the D'Urbervilles.
(d) That she has had a baby.
4. Who does Tess learn is responsible for the change in Alec?
(a) Mercy Chant.
(b) The parson from Marlott.
(c) Her own father.
(d) No one, Alec has not changed.
5. What does Angel threaten to do if Tess still refuses his proposals?
(a) Leave Talbothays.
(b) Marry Mercy Chant.
(c) Ask her parents for her hand.
(d) Marry Marian.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has elapsed between the time Tess came home from Tantridge and the time she starts working at Talbothays?
2. While Tess is working in the fields at Flintcomb Ash, Alec appears and asks Tess to ____.
3. What does Tess learn about the significance of the monument?
4. How old is Tess when she goes to Talbothays?
5. In Chapter 29 who tells a story that influences Tess greatly?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)