|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alec wants to marry Tess because ____.
(a) He thinks she loves him.
(b) He wants to right the wrong he did.
(c) He wants to convert her to Christianity.
(d) He wants to protect her from Angel.
2. Talbothays is located very close to ______.
(c) The town of West Clare.
(d) The ancestral burial grounds of the D'Urbervilles.
3. Tess decides to go to Talbothays when she hears about a possible job there. Where is Talbothays located?
(a) In Ireland.
(b) About 5 miles from her father's house.
(c) In the Vale of Froom.
(d) On the outskirts of Marlott.
4. What does Tess learn about the significance of the monument?
(a) It is a symbol of chastity.
(b) It is a symbol of Christianity.
(c) It is a commemoration to someone who sold his soul to the devil.
(d) It is a pagan symbol.
5. What kind of work does Tess do at Talbothays?
(b) Dairy maid.
(c) Caretaker of birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has elapsed between the time Tess came home from Tantridge and the time she starts working at Talbothays?
2. How old is Tess when she goes to Talbothays?
3. What does Angel tell Tess about Alec?
4. What does Tess tell Angel in Chapter 30 about her past?
5. Who does Tess learn is responsible for the change in Alec?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)