|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 29 who tells a story that influences Tess greatly?
(a) Mrs. Crick.
(c) Dairyman Crick.
(d) Tess's mother.
2. In the story that is recounted in Chapter 29, who is the main male character?
(a) Mr. Dollop.
(b) Mr. Doll.
(c) Mr. Doldrum.
(d) Mr. Swallow.
3. What does Angel threaten to do if Tess still refuses his proposals?
(a) Ask her parents for her hand.
(b) Marry Mercy Chant.
(c) Leave Talbothays.
(d) Marry Marian.
4. What is Tess's reason for choosing to work at Talbothays?
(a) It is close to home.
(b) She is still feeling guilty about the horse's death and wants to work in the barns.
(c) She wants a fresh start where no one knows about her past.
(d) She is afraid her mother will be angry if she doesn't contribute to the family's finances.
5. While Tess is working in the fields at Flintcomb Ash, Alec appears and asks Tess to ____.
(b) Forgive him and forget what happened between them.
(c) Go to Africa with him as missionaries.
(d) Divorce Angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alec insists Tess swear by a stone monument that she will not tempt him again. What is the monument?
2. What does Tess learn about the significance of the monument?
3. Who does Tess learn is responsible for the change in Alec?
4. Talbothays is located very close to ______.
5. What kind of work does Tess do at Talbothays?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)