|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Talbothays is located very close to ______.
(a) The ancestral burial grounds of the D'Urbervilles.
(d) The town of West Clare.
2. Tess decides to go to Talbothays when she hears about a possible job there. Where is Talbothays located?
(a) In the Vale of Froom.
(b) On the outskirts of Marlott.
(c) About 5 miles from her father's house.
(d) In Ireland.
3. Who does Tess learn is responsible for the change in Alec?
(a) Mercy Chant.
(b) The parson from Marlott.
(c) No one, Alec has not changed.
(d) Her own father.
4. In the story that is recounted in Chapter 29, who is the main male character?
(a) Mr. Doldrum.
(b) Mr. Swallow.
(c) Mr. Doll.
(d) Mr. Dollop.
5. How does Angel react when Tess tells him about her past?
(a) He suggests she make contact with the D'Urbervilles.
(b) He thinks that being a D'Urberville will make his parents accept her all the more readily.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is confused because he thinks she should be proud of her family connections.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angel threaten to do if Tess still refuses his proposals?
2. Alec insists Tess swear by a stone monument that she will not tempt him again. What is the monument?
3. In Chapter 46, who is Tess referring to when she says "He won't hurt me, he's not in love with me."
4. How old is Tess when she goes to Talbothays?
5. While Tess is working in the fields at Flintcomb Ash, Alec appears and asks Tess to ____.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)