|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Tess is working in the fields at Flintcomb Ash, Alec appears and asks Tess to ____.
(a) Go to Africa with him as missionaries.
(b) Divorce Angel.
(c) Forgive him and forget what happened between them.
2. What does Angel tell Tess about Alec?
(a) That he has been run over by a horse.
(b) That he is not really a D'Urberville.
(c) That he is a mercenary.
(d) That he is a cousin of Angel's.
3. Alec wants to marry Tess because ____.
(a) He wants to convert her to Christianity.
(b) He wants to protect her from Angel.
(c) He thinks she loves him.
(d) He wants to right the wrong he did.
4. How does Angel react when Tess tells him about her past?
(a) He is confused because he thinks she should be proud of her family connections.
(b) He suggests she make contact with the D'Urbervilles.
(c) He thinks that being a D'Urberville will make his parents accept her all the more readily.
(d) He is angry.
5. In Chapter 46, who is Tess referring to when she says "He won't hurt me, he's not in love with me."
(c) Farmer Groby.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 29 who tells a story that influences Tess greatly?
2. How old is Tess when she goes to Talbothays?
3. Who does Tess learn is responsible for the change in Alec?
4. What does Tess tell Angel in Chapter 30 about her past?
5. In the story that is recounted in Chapter 29, who is the main male character?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)