|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Talbothays is located very close to ______.
(a) The town of West Clare.
(c) The ancestral burial grounds of the D'Urbervilles.
2. What does Tess tell Angel in Chapter 30 about her past?
(a) That she is related to the D'Urbervilles.
(b) That she has had a baby.
(c) That Alec seduced her.
(d) That she is already married.
3. While Tess is working in the fields at Flintcomb Ash, Alec appears and asks Tess to ____.
(b) Forgive him and forget what happened between them.
(c) Divorce Angel.
(d) Go to Africa with him as missionaries.
4. In Chapter 29 who tells a story that influences Tess greatly?
(a) Dairyman Crick.
(c) Tess's mother.
(d) Mrs. Crick.
5. How old is Tess when she goes to Talbothays?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has elapsed between the time Tess came home from Tantridge and the time she starts working at Talbothays?
2. Tess decides to go to Talbothays when she hears about a possible job there. Where is Talbothays located?
3. In Chapter 46, who is Tess referring to when she says "He won't hurt me, he's not in love with me."
4. What kind of work does Tess do at Talbothays?
5. How does Angel react when Tess tells him about her past?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)