|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story that is recounted in Chapter 29, who is the main male character?
(a) Mr. Swallow.
(b) Mr. Dollop.
(c) Mr. Doll.
(d) Mr. Doldrum.
2. What does Tess tell Angel in Chapter 30 about her past?
(a) That she is related to the D'Urbervilles.
(b) That she is already married.
(c) That she has had a baby.
(d) That Alec seduced her.
3. What kind of work does Tess do at Talbothays?
(b) Dairy maid.
(c) Caretaker of birds.
4. Alec wants to marry Tess because ____.
(a) He thinks she loves him.
(b) He wants to protect her from Angel.
(c) He wants to right the wrong he did.
(d) He wants to convert her to Christianity.
5. How does Angel react when Tess tells him about her past?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He suggests she make contact with the D'Urbervilles.
(c) He is confused because he thinks she should be proud of her family connections.
(d) He thinks that being a D'Urberville will make his parents accept her all the more readily.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Tess is working in the fields at Flintcomb Ash, Alec appears and asks Tess to ____.
2. Alec insists Tess swear by a stone monument that she will not tempt him again. What is the monument?
3. Talbothays is located very close to ______.
4. What is Tess's reason for choosing to work at Talbothays?
5. How old is Tess when she goes to Talbothays?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)