|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of work does Tess do at Talbothays?
(a) Dairy maid.
(d) Caretaker of birds.
2. How much time has elapsed between the time Tess came home from Tantridge and the time she starts working at Talbothays?
(a) Almost four years.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Between two and three years.
(d) Five years.
3. Alec insists Tess swear by a stone monument that she will not tempt him again. What is the monument?
(a) A tombstone.
(b) A crucifix.
(c) A Cross.
(d) A stone chapel.
4. What does Tess learn about the significance of the monument?
(a) It is a commemoration to someone who sold his soul to the devil.
(b) It is a pagan symbol.
(c) It is a symbol of Christianity.
(d) It is a symbol of chastity.
5. How does Angel react when Tess tells him about her past?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He suggests she make contact with the D'Urbervilles.
(c) He thinks that being a D'Urberville will make his parents accept her all the more readily.
(d) He is confused because he thinks she should be proud of her family connections.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Tess when she goes to Talbothays?
2. In Chapter 46, who is Tess referring to when she says "He won't hurt me, he's not in love with me."
3. What does Tess tell Angel in Chapter 30 about her past?
4. In Chapter 29 who tells a story that influences Tess greatly?
5. Who does Tess learn is responsible for the change in Alec?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)