|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Angel tell Tess about Alec?
(a) That he is a mercenary.
(b) That he has been run over by a horse.
(c) That he is a cousin of Angel's.
(d) That he is not really a D'Urberville.
2. In Chapter 46, who is Tess referring to when she says "He won't hurt me, he's not in love with me."
(a) Farmer Groby.
3. How does Angel react when Tess tells him about her past?
(a) He thinks that being a D'Urberville will make his parents accept her all the more readily.
(b) He is confused because he thinks she should be proud of her family connections.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He suggests she make contact with the D'Urbervilles.
4. Who does Tess learn is responsible for the change in Alec?
(a) The parson from Marlott.
(b) Mercy Chant.
(c) Her own father.
(d) No one, Alec has not changed.
5. How much time has elapsed between the time Tess came home from Tantridge and the time she starts working at Talbothays?
(a) Five years.
(b) Between two and three years.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) Almost four years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alec insists Tess swear by a stone monument that she will not tempt him again. What is the monument?
2. What kind of work does Tess do at Talbothays?
3. In the story that is recounted in Chapter 29, who is the main male character?
4. While Tess is working in the fields at Flintcomb Ash, Alec appears and asks Tess to ____.
5. Alec wants to marry Tess because ____.
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)