|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Angel threaten to do if Tess still refuses his proposals?
(a) Marry Marian.
(b) Ask her parents for her hand.
(c) Leave Talbothays.
(d) Marry Mercy Chant.
2. What does Angel tell Tess about Alec?
(a) That he is a mercenary.
(b) That he has been run over by a horse.
(c) That he is a cousin of Angel's.
(d) That he is not really a D'Urberville.
3. Talbothays is located very close to ______.
(a) The town of West Clare.
(d) The ancestral burial grounds of the D'Urbervilles.
4. What does Tess tell Angel in Chapter 30 about her past?
(a) That she is already married.
(b) That she has had a baby.
(c) That Alec seduced her.
(d) That she is related to the D'Urbervilles.
5. How much time has elapsed between the time Tess came home from Tantridge and the time she starts working at Talbothays?
(a) Five years.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Almost four years.
(d) Between two and three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alec insists Tess swear by a stone monument that she will not tempt him again. What is the monument?
2. What does Tess learn about the significance of the monument?
3. How does Angel react when Tess tells him about her past?
4. In Chapter 29 who tells a story that influences Tess greatly?
5. How old is Tess when she goes to Talbothays?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)