|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Angel react when Tess tells him about her past?
(a) He thinks that being a D'Urberville will make his parents accept her all the more readily.
(b) He suggests she make contact with the D'Urbervilles.
(c) He is confused because he thinks she should be proud of her family connections.
(d) He is angry.
2. In Chapter 29 who tells a story that influences Tess greatly?
(b) Dairyman Crick.
(c) Mrs. Crick.
(d) Tess's mother.
3. Who does Tess learn is responsible for the change in Alec?
(a) No one, Alec has not changed.
(b) Mercy Chant.
(c) The parson from Marlott.
(d) Her own father.
4. What does Tess learn about the significance of the monument?
(a) It is a symbol of chastity.
(b) It is a pagan symbol.
(c) It is a symbol of Christianity.
(d) It is a commemoration to someone who sold his soul to the devil.
5. Talbothays is located very close to ______.
(a) The ancestral burial grounds of the D'Urbervilles.
(d) The town of West Clare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of work does Tess do at Talbothays?
2. In the story that is recounted in Chapter 29, who is the main male character?
3. Tess decides to go to Talbothays when she hears about a possible job there. Where is Talbothays located?
4. In Chapter 46, who is Tess referring to when she says "He won't hurt me, he's not in love with me."
5. What is Tess's reason for choosing to work at Talbothays?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)