|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45 | Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 29 who tells a story that influences Tess greatly?
(a) Mrs. Crick.
(b) Dairyman Crick.
(d) Tess's mother.
2. How does Angel react when Tess tells him about her past?
(a) He suggests she make contact with the D'Urbervilles.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He thinks that being a D'Urberville will make his parents accept her all the more readily.
(d) He is confused because he thinks she should be proud of her family connections.
3. Talbothays is located very close to ______.
(a) The town of West Clare.
(b) The ancestral burial grounds of the D'Urbervilles.
4. What does Angel tell Tess about Alec?
(a) That he is not really a D'Urberville.
(b) That he is a cousin of Angel's.
(c) That he is a mercenary.
(d) That he has been run over by a horse.
5. Alec insists Tess swear by a stone monument that she will not tempt him again. What is the monument?
(a) A tombstone.
(b) A crucifix.
(c) A Cross.
(d) A stone chapel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tess learn is responsible for the change in Alec?
2. What does Tess learn about the significance of the monument?
3. What kind of work does Tess do at Talbothays?
4. While Tess is working in the fields at Flintcomb Ash, Alec appears and asks Tess to ____.
5. What does Angel threaten to do if Tess still refuses his proposals?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)