Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
1. In Chapter 1, Mr. Durbeyfield meets the parson on the road. How does the parson greet him?
(a) Sir James.
(b) Mr. D.
(c) Sir John.
(d) Mr. Durbeyfield.
2. What does the parson tell Mr. Durbeyfield?
(a) That Mr. Durbeyfield's house is on fire.
(b) That he thinks it is going to rain.
(c) That Mr. Durbeyfield is related to the D'Urbervilles.
(d) That Mr. Durbeyfield has won a small fortune.
3. What does Mr. Durbeyfield do after he talks to the parson?
(a) He hires a carriage to drive him home.
(b) He goes back to the pub.
(c) He tells his family he's rich.
(d) He decides to take a walk by the river.
4. Where does Angel first see Tess?
(a) At church.
(b) At a picnic on the Marlott green.
(c) Walking home from school.
(d) At a dance on the green.
5. At the dance, why does Angel leave without talking to Tess?
(a) He is too shy.
(b) He has to go catch up with his brother.
(c) He thinks she is busy talking to someone else.
(d) He wants to see if Tess is watching him.
This section contains 6,201 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)