|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boss tell Heavenly she is becoming?
(a) A problem.
(b) A party girl.
(c) A whore.
(d) An issue.
2. What kind of speech does Heavenly tell Boss not to give her?
(a) Fatherly pride.
(b) Hollywood schmaltz.
(c) Voice of God.
(d) Political garbage.
3. What drink does Chance say he wants Stuff to pour him?
4. Who enters the bar after Miss Lucy leaves?
(b) Tom Jr.
5. What does the author say Chance stalks back into the cocktail bar like?
(a) A stud.
(b) A pop singer.
(c) A matador.
(d) A Hollywood star.
6. What prize did the Valiant win?
(a) The national drama award.
(b) The Eugene O'Neill prize.
(c) The state drama contest.
(d) The Mark Twain prize.
7. What does the Heckler need to get into the ballroom?
(a) A ticket.
(b) A jacket and tie.
(c) Black shoes.
(d) A velvet hat.
8. What does Heckler rub as he speaks?
(a) His Adam's apple.
(b) His ears.
(c) His nose.
(d) His forehead.
9. What does Chance say Alexandra Del Lago's money can do?
(a) Open the heavens.
(b) Open doors.
(c) Buy studios.
(d) Give him back Heavenly.
10. What club does Stuff belong to?
(a) Youth for Tom Finley Club.
(b) The Royal Society for Barman.
(c) The Dancer and Drinker's Club.
(d) The Secret Act Club.
11. Where did Tom Junior throw a stag party?
(b) Capitol City.
(c) New York City.
(d) Salt Lake City.
12. Where is Boss addressing the Youth for Tom Finley clubs?
(a) The Royal Palms Hotel.
(b) The Capitol Building.
(c) The Star Fish.
(d) The Town Hall.
13. What does Chance say he bought on credit to wear to the national contest?
(a) A suit.
(b) An army uniform.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) Knights armor.
14. What is the name of the band playing at the hotel?
(a) Hillbilly Ramblers.
(b) The Drifting Cowboys.
(c) The Band With No Name.
(d) The Rambling Men.
15. What does Miss Lucy say was inside the jewel box?
(a) A diamond clip.
(b) Pearl earrings.
(c) A silver necklace.
(d) A gold bracelet.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Boss say he wants Chance gone?
2. What does Aunt Nonnie tell Chance he lives on?
3. What kind of flowers does Boss say he wants his daughter to pin on her shoulder?
4. What composer does the author suggest should be played when Boss approaches his daughter?
5. What does Heavenly say her father married for?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)