|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 10 Distant Echoes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As desire for academic freedom spreads to high schools, the ACLU defends teachers and what else?
(a) Publishes statements on the issue.
(b) Organizes local civil protests.
(c) Makes appeals to state supreme courts.
(d) Makes appeals to school boards.
2. Larson shows that how many theories of evolutionary development fit nicely within a Christian explanation of the world?
(a) Nearly all.
(d) Virtually none.
3. What summer does the title of Edward J. Larson's work refer to?
4. Who, at the time, sees the trial as a clear-cut victory for the defense or the prosecution?
(a) No one.
5. Which three states adopt laws to mandate teaching creationist theories in public schools?
(a) Tennessee, Florida, Louisiana.
(b) Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana.
(c) Tennessee, Arkansas, Georgia.
(d) Tennessee, Arkansas, Louisiana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Darrow seeks an early ruling on whether scientific experts may testify, and the judge says he will hear the issue when?
2. Debates show that many who doubt the evolution theory feel how as to its inclusion in school curricula?
3. The author identifies the timing of the anti-evolution movement of the 1920s is due in part to what?
4. By 1925, the ACLU still seeks a court win, mainly as the first amendment's wording does not necessarily protect freedom of speech at what level?
5. The ACLU begins preparing for an appeal and tries to exclude Darrow from the proceedings. What does he do?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)