|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7 The Trial of the Century.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because of the high publicity, how do the potential jurors feel?
(a) Virtually none want to be on jury.
(b) Virtually all want to be on jury.
(c) Roughly half want to be on jury.
(d) Most unsure if they want to be on jury.
2. The scene that the author refers to in his Introduction is said to be reminiscent of what dramatic scenes?
(a) Radio, TV.
(b) Movie, TV.
(c) Stage, TV.
(d) Stage, movie.
3. That weekend (11th-12th), most prosecutors go where?
(d) Remain in Dayton.
4. Darrow defends John Scopes for violating which laws, saying evolution cannot be taught in public schools?
5. What does John Randolph Neal do while serving as the primary defense at a preliminary hearing on May 9?
(a) Declines to make a statement.
(b) Maintains that Scopes' teaching does not conflict with biblical accounts.
(c) Maintains that the text Scopes uses has school approval.
(d) Readily concedes that Scopes teaches human evolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. The trial opens on Friday. What is the date?
2. Most national politicians publicly choose what position on the trial?
3. Larson presents the leading players, Darrow and Bryan, and provides a sense of what between them?
4. Who is the last witness for the prosecution who states that Scopes knew he was violating the law?
5. What is one ACLU concern with Darrow?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)