|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes LaChaise's behavior at this point?
2. Who convinces the dealer to give false information?
3. What is not evident when Martin fires his weapon?
4. What is the name of the facility where everyone gathers for a showdown?
5. LaChaise likes the way he sounds when he speaks. It reminds him of:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Weather doing when LaChaise arrives at the hospital? How does LaChaise manage to get to Weather?
2. What is Davenport doing when he receives a phone call about LaChaise? Where is LaChaise supposed to be and why?
3. What does Davenport do with the information? Who else becomes involved? What other piece of evidence points the finger in Stadic's direction?
4. Describe the scene in Weather's office after Davenport arrives.
5. What is Davenport's state of mind at this point in the story?
6. The police realize that LaChaise and Martin have most likely left town. What bothers Davenport about giving up on searching the city for the men?
7. Davenport receives a break when an informant tips him off to LaChaise's plan. Discuss the informant, the information, and how it is obtained.
8. Sandy views the trip to Winter's house as another opportunity for rescue. What does Sandy do to alert police?
9. What is the first stop for LaChaise and Martin? What is the purpose for the trip?
10. What effort does Sandy make with the hope of ending the kidnapping and murderous situation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Jennifer and Lucas. Are they close? Have they been able to maintain a civil relationship regarding their daughter? Why do you think Jennifer refused to marry Lucas? How does the former relationship play into the current relationship between Lucas and Weather?
Essay Topic 2
Davenport is often viewed as a rogue cop, one who does not play by the book. Discuss this behavior. How is Davenport's method helpful to his work? How might it hinder or jeopardize an investigation? How do Davenport's colleagues feel about his behavior? Is Davenport viewed as an asset or liability by his commander? What kind of reprimands might Davenport receive for his unusual methods? Does Roux know about Davenport's antics? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Trust is a strong theme in "Sudden Prey." The cops must trust one another with their lives on a daily basis. Discuss how Stadic breaks that trust. How do the cops feel when they learn one of their own is dirty? How does Stadic try to remain in the loop? What is Davenport's feeling about trusting cops outside his immediate department? What does Davenport think about trust in general? Who does Davenport trust the most?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)