|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the end, how does Weather describe LaChaise?
2. Which is the next cop to be hit in the line of fire?
3. What type of person does LaChaise look like after putting on a suit?
4. What city do LaChaise, Sandy and Martin go to after leaving Minneapolis?
5. How does the informant get the information passed on to Davenport?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the final scene at the Metrodome. Who is involved and/or in danger? What is the outcome of the confrontation?
2. Davenport and fellow officers go to Arne Palin's house. What happens with Palin? What is Davenport's opinion? What is the outcome of the visit?
3. What happens when the men arrive at the hospital? Is their mission successful? Is anyone injured?
4. Stadic continues to have bad luck but ventures forward. What is the next stage of Stadic's plan? Where does it take place?
5. What is the plan for the next morning? Who is most eager to get the plan underway?
6. What does LaChaise plan to do after receiving the phone call from Stadic? Where does the trio go?
7. What effort does Sandy make with the hope of ending the kidnapping and murderous situation?
8. What does Martin do to complete the second short term goal? Are the results satisfactory?
9. Describe the scene in Weather's office after Davenport arrives.
10. What happens to Weather during and after the killing of LaChaise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Symbolism is an important part of a mystery, often giving clues to the reader and the story's detective. What are the ways in which Sandford uses symbolism in his stories? Give examples of blatant symbolism and more subtle symbolism. Compare and contrast the symbolism used in Sanford's mysteries and the mysteries written by another famous author.
Essay Topic 2
Andy Stadic is a dirty cop, meaning he will break the law for money or other gain. Discuss the concept of a dirty cop. What could make a cop turn against his profession? Is there a way to spot a dirty cop? What did it take to turn Stadic? Was it worth it? What happened to Stadic in the end?
Essay Topic 3
Assuming a psychiatrist's point of view, analyze the situation with LaChaise. Discuss LaChaise's past history in regards to psychiatric care. Is LaChaise warped, mentally ill, or something else? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might have benefited LaChaise before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)