|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The confrontation spoils which of the following events?
2. What is the name of the facility where everyone gathers for a showdown?
3. Stadic learns the whereabouts of LaChaise due to information supplied by which person?
4. Who urges LaChaise to leave town?
5. A strange man in a bar approaches Sandy about which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effort does Sandy make with the hope of ending the kidnapping and murderous situation?
2. What happens at Franklin's house? Who is responsible? What is the outcome of the incident?
3. LaChaise and Martin rethink their game plan. What are the men's two immediate short term goals? How are the goals accomplished?
4. Davenport receives a break when an informant tips him off to LaChaise's plan. Discuss the informant, the information, and how it is obtained.
5. Describe the scene in Weather's office after Davenport arrives.
6. What is Davenport's state of mind at this point in the story?
7. What is the plan for the next morning? Who is most eager to get the plan underway?
8. To follow through with the plan, Martin and LaChaise must obtain more weapons. Discuss the deal and the dealer.
9. Stadic continues to have bad luck but ventures forward. What is the next stage of Stadic's plan? Where does it take place?
10. What does Davenport do with the information? Who else becomes involved? What other piece of evidence points the finger in Stadic's direction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Assuming a psychiatrist's point of view, analyze the situation with LaChaise. Discuss LaChaise's past history in regards to psychiatric care. Is LaChaise warped, mentally ill, or something else? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might have benefited LaChaise before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters, plots, settings, and outcomes of the stories woven into "Sudden Prey." Use the scenarios in another one of Sandford's series of books for comparison. How do the story lines differ? What is the conclusion of each story? Which lead character do you like better? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Write a short memoir that might have been written by LaChaise. What types of things would make LaChaise most proud in his career and personal lives? What other types of professional work might LaChaise have done? Would the memoir include details of his relationships with his victims? How might LaChaise describe how he felt before, during and after each murder? What would LaChaise say about his family's involvement? What might LaChaise say about Lucas?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)