|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Davenport to tell him the news about the Kansas City robbery?
2. What type of person does LaChaise look like after putting on a suit?
3. Which is the next cop to be hit in the line of fire?
4. Who becomes enraged over the request?
5. Davenport and Weather rarely agree on which topic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Davenport doing when he receives a phone call about LaChaise? Where is LaChaise supposed to be and why?
2. Describe the final scene at the Metrodome. Who is involved and/or in danger? What is the outcome of the confrontation?
3. What happens when LaChaise has Weather as a hostage? How does Weather try to calm LaChaise?
4. LaChaise and Martin rethink their game plan. What are the men's two immediate short term goals? How are the goals accomplished?
5. Davenport receives a break when an informant tips him off to LaChaise's plan. Discuss the informant, the information, and how it is obtained.
6. What happens at Franklin's house? Who is responsible? What is the outcome of the incident?
7. What comes of Sandy's attempts to be rescued?
8. What is the plan for the next morning? Who is most eager to get the plan underway?
9. To follow through with the plan, Martin and LaChaise must obtain more weapons. Discuss the deal and the dealer.
10. What is Weather doing when LaChaise arrives at the hospital? How does LaChaise manage to get to Weather?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Assuming a psychiatrist's point of view, analyze the situation with LaChaise. Discuss LaChaise's past history in regards to psychiatric care. Is LaChaise warped, mentally ill, or something else? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might have benefited LaChaise before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
Essay Topic 2
Trust is a strong theme in "Sudden Prey." The cops must trust one another with their lives on a daily basis. Discuss how Stadic breaks that trust. How do the cops feel when they learn one of their own is dirty? How does Stadic try to remain in the loop? What is Davenport's feeling about trusting cops outside his immediate department? What does Davenport think about trust in general? Who does Davenport trust the most?
Essay Topic 3
LaChaise manages to communicate with people outside when he is incarcerated. Discuss how this is possible. In what ways can a prisoner communicate with outsiders? Are the communications monitored? If so, by whom? What kinds of things might be able to slip through? What does LaChaise communicate? How does it affect the case?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)