|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the collector's name?
2. Who becomes enraged over the request?
3. What item does Sandy use as a weapon?
4. The sharpshooter hides behind which object?
5. Weather ends up being covered in which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Weather doing when LaChaise arrives at the hospital? How does LaChaise manage to get to Weather?
2. What happens when the police interview Winter? How does the information leak to LaChaise?
3. Davenport receives a break when an informant tips him off to LaChaise's plan. Discuss the informant, the information, and how it is obtained.
4. Sandy views the trip to Winter's house as another opportunity for rescue. What does Sandy do to alert police?
5. Describe the scene in Weather's office after Davenport arrives.
6. What comes of Sandy's attempts to be rescued?
7. What happens to Weather during and after the killing of LaChaise?
8. What is the first stop for LaChaise and Martin? What is the purpose for the trip?
9. What is Davenport's state of mind at this point in the story?
10. Describe the final scene at the Metrodome. Who is involved and/or in danger? What is the outcome of the confrontation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters, plots, settings, and outcomes of the stories woven into "Sudden Prey." Use the scenarios in another one of Sandford's series of books for comparison. How do the story lines differ? What is the conclusion of each story? Which lead character do you like better? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Sandford's use of Minnesota for the setting in the Lucas Davenport series. Why do you think Sandford chooses Minnesota? How accurate do you think the setting is in regards to the real location? What areas are most commonly referenced in the story? What other location might have worked as well, if not better, than Minnesota? What is unique about the setting? What regionalisms are exhibited by Davenport and the rest of the characters? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Write a short memoir that might have been written by LaChaise. What types of things would make LaChaise most proud in his career and personal lives? What other types of professional work might LaChaise have done? Would the memoir include details of his relationships with his victims? How might LaChaise describe how he felt before, during and after each murder? What would LaChaise say about his family's involvement? What might LaChaise say about Lucas?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)