|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the informant get the information passed on to Davenport?
2. Davenport is finally able to get what sort of documents?
3. Which is the next cop to be hit in the line of fire?
4. Who is not present at the meeting called by Davenport?
5. Davenport and Roux have doubts about ______'s part in the LaChaise case.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in Weather's office after Davenport arrives.
2. What is the first stop for LaChaise and Martin? What is the purpose for the trip?
3. What is Weather doing when LaChaise arrives at the hospital? How does LaChaise manage to get to Weather?
4. What comes of Sandy's attempts to be rescued?
5. What happens when the police interview Winter? How does the information leak to LaChaise?
6. Stadic continues to have bad luck but ventures forward. What is the next stage of Stadic's plan? Where does it take place?
7. Davenport begins to look for alternate ways to catch LaChaise. What is Davenport's idea? Who is involved? Does Davenport get valuable information?
8. What does Martin do to complete the second short term goal? Are the results satisfactory?
9. What happens to Weather during and after the killing of LaChaise?
10. What decision does LaChaise make while on the road? How does the decision reflect on LaChaise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Symbolism is an important part of a mystery, often giving clues to the reader and the story's detective. What are the ways in which Sandford uses symbolism in his stories? Give examples of blatant symbolism and more subtle symbolism. Compare and contrast the symbolism used in Sanford's mysteries and the mysteries written by another famous author.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the relationship between Lucas and Weather. What is the common ground for their relationship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do they respect each other? How has their relationship evolved? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically?
Essay Topic 3
Write a short memoir that might have been written by LaChaise. What types of things would make LaChaise most proud in his career and personal lives? What other types of professional work might LaChaise have done? Would the memoir include details of his relationships with his victims? How might LaChaise describe how he felt before, during and after each murder? What would LaChaise say about his family's involvement? What might LaChaise say about Lucas?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)