|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon is used in the robbery?
2. Who goes to the hospital with Davenport?
3. What does Martin like to do to pass the time?
4. What is the name of the man who calls Davenport with information?
5. The author compares arrows to which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. Davenport and fellow officers go to Arne Palin's house. What happens with Palin? What is Davenport's opinion? What is the outcome of the visit?
2. What does LaChaise plan to do after receiving the phone call from Stadic? Where does the trio go?
3. What decision does LaChaise make while on the road? How does the decision reflect on LaChaise?
4. What is Davenport's state of mind at this point in the story?
5. What does Martin do to complete the second short term goal? Are the results satisfactory?
6. The police realize that LaChaise and Martin have most likely left town. What bothers Davenport about giving up on searching the city for the men?
7. What is Weather doing when LaChaise arrives at the hospital? How does LaChaise manage to get to Weather?
8. What is Davenport doing when he receives a phone call about LaChaise? Where is LaChaise supposed to be and why?
9. What happens when the men arrive at the hospital? Is their mission successful? Is anyone injured?
10. What happens at Franklin's house? Who is responsible? What is the outcome of the incident?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Because of LaChaise's plan, Lucas sends family members to a hotel for protection. Discuss the move. Do you think it is wise to send the families away? Where are they sent? Do you think it prevents any of the family members from being hurt? How does LaChaise find out where the family members are staying?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the relationship between Lucas and Weather. What is the common ground for their relationship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do they respect each other? How has their relationship evolved? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Jennifer and Lucas. Are they close? Have they been able to maintain a civil relationship regarding their daughter? Why do you think Jennifer refused to marry Lucas? How does the former relationship play into the current relationship between Lucas and Weather?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)