|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon is used in the robbery?
2. The men are concerned because there are reports of blizzard conditions in which area?
3. Who does LaChaise call once he is inside?
4. Davenport and Roux have doubts about ______'s part in the LaChaise case.
5. Who is not present at the meeting called by Davenport?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first stop for LaChaise and Martin? What is the purpose for the trip?
2. What comes of Sandy's attempts to be rescued?
3. Sandy views the trip to Winter's house as another opportunity for rescue. What does Sandy do to alert police?
4. What happens when the men arrive at the hospital? Is their mission successful? Is anyone injured?
5. Describe the final scene at the Metrodome. Who is involved and/or in danger? What is the outcome of the confrontation?
6. What is the plan for the next morning? Who is most eager to get the plan underway?
7. LaChaise and Martin rethink their game plan. What are the men's two immediate short term goals? How are the goals accomplished?
8. What does LaChaise plan to do after receiving the phone call from Stadic? Where does the trio go?
9. What is Weather doing when LaChaise arrives at the hospital? How does LaChaise manage to get to Weather?
10. What decision does LaChaise make while on the road? How does the decision reflect on LaChaise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Trust is a strong theme in "Sudden Prey." The cops must trust one another with their lives on a daily basis. Discuss how Stadic breaks that trust. How do the cops feel when they learn one of their own is dirty? How does Stadic try to remain in the loop? What is Davenport's feeling about trusting cops outside his immediate department? What does Davenport think about trust in general? Who does Davenport trust the most?
Essay Topic 2
Andy Stadic is a dirty cop, meaning he will break the law for money or other gain. Discuss the concept of a dirty cop. What could make a cop turn against his profession? Is there a way to spot a dirty cop? What did it take to turn Stadic? Was it worth it? What happened to Stadic in the end?
Essay Topic 3
Rose Marie Roux and Davenport have an interesting professional relationship. The two veteran cops seem to respect one another. Discuss how the mutual admiration benefits their working relationship. Explore how Roux's style of leadership has helped Davenport form his own style. What are the similarities? What is Roux's background and how does it compare to Davenport's background?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)