|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon is used in the robbery?
2. What is the name of the drugstore visited by Sandy and Martin?
3. What is the collector's name?
4. What is not evident when Martin fires his weapon?
5. How many cops run into the building along with Stadic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does LaChaise plan to do after receiving the phone call from Stadic? Where does the trio go?
2. Where do LaChaise and Martin go upon their return to Minneapolis? What happens to Sandy?
3. To follow through with the plan, Martin and LaChaise must obtain more weapons. Discuss the deal and the dealer.
4. Davenport and fellow officers go to Arne Palin's house. What happens with Palin? What is Davenport's opinion? What is the outcome of the visit?
5. Stadic nearly overlooks a vital piece of evidence that could give away his identity. What does Stadic plan to do? What happens to prevent the action?
6. Stadic continues to have bad luck but ventures forward. What is the next stage of Stadic's plan? Where does it take place?
7. What is Weather doing when LaChaise arrives at the hospital? How does LaChaise manage to get to Weather?
8. LaChaise and Martin rethink their game plan. What are the men's two immediate short term goals? How are the goals accomplished?
9. What is the plan for the next morning? Who is most eager to get the plan underway?
10. Davenport begins to look for alternate ways to catch LaChaise. What is Davenport's idea? Who is involved? Does Davenport get valuable information?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Sandford's use of Minnesota for the setting in the Lucas Davenport series. Why do you think Sandford chooses Minnesota? How accurate do you think the setting is in regards to the real location? What areas are most commonly referenced in the story? What other location might have worked as well, if not better, than Minnesota? What is unique about the setting? What regionalisms are exhibited by Davenport and the rest of the characters? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Rose Marie Roux and Davenport have an interesting professional relationship. The two veteran cops seem to respect one another. Discuss how the mutual admiration benefits their working relationship. Explore how Roux's style of leadership has helped Davenport form his own style. What are the similarities? What is Roux's background and how does it compare to Davenport's background?
Essay Topic 3
Davenport is well known as a successful video game inventor. Discuss how Davenport gets into the business. What is the original idea? How are video games developed? What kinds of games are Davenport's specialty? Is it expensive to develop a game? Where does Davenport do his work? Who helps Davenport test the games? How do you think the video game business affects Davenport's police work? Do you think Davenport will stay with the business as well as the police force? If not, which job will he quit?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)