|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shopping center do Martin and LaChaise visit?
2. What is the name of the weapon's holder?
3. What item is used to secure Sandy in place?
4. LaChaise likes the way he sounds when he speaks. It reminds him of:
5. What happens to Sell-More after he makes the call to Davenport?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Weather doing when LaChaise arrives at the hospital? How does LaChaise manage to get to Weather?
2. What happens to Weather during and after the killing of LaChaise?
3. What is the plan for the next morning? Who is most eager to get the plan underway?
4. What does Davenport do with the information? Who else becomes involved? What other piece of evidence points the finger in Stadic's direction?
5. The police realize that LaChaise and Martin have most likely left town. What bothers Davenport about giving up on searching the city for the men?
6. What happens when LaChaise has Weather as a hostage? How does Weather try to calm LaChaise?
7. What comes of Sandy's attempts to be rescued?
8. Stadic continues to have bad luck but ventures forward. What is the next stage of Stadic's plan? Where does it take place?
9. Davenport receives a break when an informant tips him off to LaChaise's plan. Discuss the informant, the information, and how it is obtained.
10. What is Davenport doing when he receives a phone call about LaChaise? Where is LaChaise supposed to be and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Assuming a psychiatrist's point of view, analyze the situation with LaChaise. Discuss LaChaise's past history in regards to psychiatric care. Is LaChaise warped, mentally ill, or something else? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might have benefited LaChaise before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Jennifer and Lucas. Are they close? Have they been able to maintain a civil relationship regarding their daughter? Why do you think Jennifer refused to marry Lucas? How does the former relationship play into the current relationship between Lucas and Weather?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters, plots, settings, and outcomes of the stories woven into "Sudden Prey." Use the scenarios in another one of Sandford's series of books for comparison. How do the story lines differ? What is the conclusion of each story? Which lead character do you like better? Explain.
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)