|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The group intends to be back in the Cities at what time of day?
2. Davenport and Roux have doubts about ______'s part in the LaChaise case.
3. What is the last name given to Davenport by the dealer?
4. The author compares arrows to which of the following?
5. Where does LaChaise plan to go to see Franklin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Weather doing when LaChaise arrives at the hospital? How does LaChaise manage to get to Weather?
2. What is Davenport doing when he receives a phone call about LaChaise? Where is LaChaise supposed to be and why?
3. Davenport receives a break when an informant tips him off to LaChaise's plan. Discuss the informant, the information, and how it is obtained.
4. What effort does Sandy make with the hope of ending the kidnapping and murderous situation?
5. Describe the scene in Weather's office after Davenport arrives.
6. Stadic nearly overlooks a vital piece of evidence that could give away his identity. What does Stadic plan to do? What happens to prevent the action?
7. What does Davenport do with the information? Who else becomes involved? What other piece of evidence points the finger in Stadic's direction?
8. Davenport begins to look for alternate ways to catch LaChaise. What is Davenport's idea? Who is involved? Does Davenport get valuable information?
9. Describe the final scene at the Metrodome. Who is involved and/or in danger? What is the outcome of the confrontation?
10. What happens when the police interview Winter? How does the information leak to LaChaise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Davenport is often viewed as a rogue cop, one who does not play by the book. Discuss this behavior. How is Davenport's method helpful to his work? How might it hinder or jeopardize an investigation? How do Davenport's colleagues feel about his behavior? Is Davenport viewed as an asset or liability by his commander? What kind of reprimands might Davenport receive for his unusual methods? Does Roux know about Davenport's antics? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Because of LaChaise's plan, Lucas sends family members to a hotel for protection. Discuss the move. Do you think it is wise to send the families away? Where are they sent? Do you think it prevents any of the family members from being hurt? How does LaChaise find out where the family members are staying?
Essay Topic 3
Assuming a psychiatrist's point of view, analyze the situation with LaChaise. Discuss LaChaise's past history in regards to psychiatric care. Is LaChaise warped, mentally ill, or something else? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might have benefited LaChaise before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)