|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Davenport take from Martin?
2. Where does Sandy hide after receiving instructions from Davenport?
3. What is the name of the county surrounding Minneapolis?
4. What is Sandy doing when she manages to call 911 again?
5. LaChaise likes the way he sounds when he speaks. It reminds him of:
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the police interview Winter? How does the information leak to LaChaise?
2. Sandy views the trip to Winter's house as another opportunity for rescue. What does Sandy do to alert police?
3. Stadic nearly overlooks a vital piece of evidence that could give away his identity. What does Stadic plan to do? What happens to prevent the action?
4. What is Davenport doing when he receives a phone call about LaChaise? Where is LaChaise supposed to be and why?
5. What decision does LaChaise make while on the road? How does the decision reflect on LaChaise?
6. What is the plan for the next morning? Who is most eager to get the plan underway?
7. To follow through with the plan, Martin and LaChaise must obtain more weapons. Discuss the deal and the dealer.
8. What happens at Franklin's house? Who is responsible? What is the outcome of the incident?
9. The police realize that LaChaise and Martin have most likely left town. What bothers Davenport about giving up on searching the city for the men?
10. Where do LaChaise and Martin go upon their return to Minneapolis? What happens to Sandy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine John Sandford's Lucas Davenport series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Lucas Davenport. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Davenport go next? How might Davenport's relationships with Elle, Jennifer, and his colleagues change in future books?
Essay Topic 2
LaChaise is injured in a shootout with Dell. Describe the scene. What does LaChaise do before running away? Is anyone shot? What happens to LaChaise after he runs from Dell? What is Dell's reaction to the incident?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Lucas and Weather. What is the common ground for their relationship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do they respect each other? How has their relationship evolved? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)