|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although LaChaise's first reason for murder is revenge, it is really about:
2. Weather and LaChaise both grew up in which state?
3. Who is not present at the meeting called by Davenport?
4. What item is used to secure Sandy in place?
5. What is the name of the cop whom LaChaise and Martin intend to ambush?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does LaChaise make while on the road? How does the decision reflect on LaChaise?
2. Davenport and fellow officers go to Arne Palin's house. What happens with Palin? What is Davenport's opinion? What is the outcome of the visit?
3. What does Martin do to complete the second short term goal? Are the results satisfactory?
4. What is the first stop for LaChaise and Martin? What is the purpose for the trip?
5. What effort does Sandy make with the hope of ending the kidnapping and murderous situation?
6. Describe the final scene at the Metrodome. Who is involved and/or in danger? What is the outcome of the confrontation?
7. What is Weather doing when LaChaise arrives at the hospital? How does LaChaise manage to get to Weather?
8. Stadic continues to have bad luck but ventures forward. What is the next stage of Stadic's plan? Where does it take place?
9. Davenport receives a break when an informant tips him off to LaChaise's plan. Discuss the informant, the information, and how it is obtained.
10. What does Davenport do with the information? Who else becomes involved? What other piece of evidence points the finger in Stadic's direction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Because of LaChaise's plan, Lucas sends family members to a hotel for protection. Discuss the move. Do you think it is wise to send the families away? Where are they sent? Do you think it prevents any of the family members from being hurt? How does LaChaise find out where the family members are staying?
Essay Topic 2
Rose Marie Roux and Davenport have an interesting professional relationship. The two veteran cops seem to respect one another. Discuss how the mutual admiration benefits their working relationship. Explore how Roux's style of leadership has helped Davenport form his own style. What are the similarities? What is Roux's background and how does it compare to Davenport's background?
Essay Topic 3
LaChaise manages to communicate with people outside when he is incarcerated. Discuss how this is possible. In what ways can a prisoner communicate with outsiders? Are the communications monitored? If so, by whom? What kinds of things might be able to slip through? What does LaChaise communicate? How does it affect the case?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)