|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is not present at the meeting called by Davenport?
2. What color hair does Martin have after the makeover?
3. Although LaChaise's first reason for murder is revenge, it is really about:
4. What kind of guns are purchased from the dealer?
5. Which cop does Martin manage to hit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Davenport begins to look for alternate ways to catch LaChaise. What is Davenport's idea? Who is involved? Does Davenport get valuable information?
2. Describe the scene in Weather's office after Davenport arrives.
3. What does LaChaise plan to do after receiving the phone call from Stadic? Where does the trio go?
4. What does Martin do to complete the second short term goal? Are the results satisfactory?
5. Davenport and fellow officers go to Arne Palin's house. What happens with Palin? What is Davenport's opinion? What is the outcome of the visit?
6. Stadic continues to have bad luck but ventures forward. What is the next stage of Stadic's plan? Where does it take place?
7. To follow through with the plan, Martin and LaChaise must obtain more weapons. Discuss the deal and the dealer.
8. What is the plan for the next morning? Who is most eager to get the plan underway?
9. What is Weather doing when LaChaise arrives at the hospital? How does LaChaise manage to get to Weather?
10. The police realize that LaChaise and Martin have most likely left town. What bothers Davenport about giving up on searching the city for the men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
LaChaise manages to communicate with people outside when he is incarcerated. Discuss how this is possible. In what ways can a prisoner communicate with outsiders? Are the communications monitored? If so, by whom? What kinds of things might be able to slip through? What does LaChaise communicate? How does it affect the case?
Essay Topic 2
Write a complete character description of Dick LaChaise. Include his personal and professional lives, relationship to his family, and mental illness. Also discuss the formulation of LaChaise's plan to get revenge on the members of the cops' families.
Essay Topic 3
Andy Stadic is a dirty cop, meaning he will break the law for money or other gain. Discuss the concept of a dirty cop. What could make a cop turn against his profession? Is there a way to spot a dirty cop? What did it take to turn Stadic? Was it worth it? What happened to Stadic in the end?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)