|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many arrows are there in the shooter's possession?
2. What item does Sandy use as a weapon?
3. Davenport and Roux have doubts about ______'s part in the LaChaise case.
4. What was the main object purchased at the drugstore?
5. Who else has left town at this point?
Short Essay Questions
1. Davenport and fellow officers go to Arne Palin's house. What happens with Palin? What is Davenport's opinion? What is the outcome of the visit?
2. What happens when LaChaise has Weather as a hostage? How does Weather try to calm LaChaise?
3. What is Davenport doing when he receives a phone call about LaChaise? Where is LaChaise supposed to be and why?
4. LaChaise and Martin rethink their game plan. What are the men's two immediate short term goals? How are the goals accomplished?
5. Where do LaChaise and Martin go upon their return to Minneapolis? What happens to Sandy?
6. Stadic nearly overlooks a vital piece of evidence that could give away his identity. What does Stadic plan to do? What happens to prevent the action?
7. Sandy views the trip to Winter's house as another opportunity for rescue. What does Sandy do to alert police?
8. Davenport begins to look for alternate ways to catch LaChaise. What is Davenport's idea? Who is involved? Does Davenport get valuable information?
9. What is the plan for the next morning? Who is most eager to get the plan underway?
10. Describe the scene in Weather's office after Davenport arrives.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Jennifer and Lucas. Are they close? Have they been able to maintain a civil relationship regarding their daughter? Why do you think Jennifer refused to marry Lucas? How does the former relationship play into the current relationship between Lucas and Weather?
Essay Topic 2
Assuming a psychiatrist's point of view, analyze the situation with LaChaise. Discuss LaChaise's past history in regards to psychiatric care. Is LaChaise warped, mentally ill, or something else? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might have benefited LaChaise before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
Essay Topic 3
Davenport is well known as a successful video game inventor. Discuss how Davenport gets into the business. What is the original idea? How are video games developed? What kinds of games are Davenport's specialty? Is it expensive to develop a game? Where does Davenport do his work? Who helps Davenport test the games? How do you think the video game business affects Davenport's police work? Do you think Davenport will stay with the business as well as the police force? If not, which job will he quit?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)