|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does LaChaise get to the University medical center?
2. Who does LaChaise plan to see at the hospital?
3. In the end, how does Weather describe LaChaise?
4. How many cops run into the building along with Stadic?
5. Stadic learns the whereabouts of LaChaise due to information supplied by which person?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in Weather's office after Davenport arrives.
2. Stadic continues to have bad luck but ventures forward. What is the next stage of Stadic's plan? Where does it take place?
3. What comes of Sandy's attempts to be rescued?
4. What does LaChaise plan to do after receiving the phone call from Stadic? Where does the trio go?
5. What does Martin do to complete the second short term goal? Are the results satisfactory?
6. The police realize that LaChaise and Martin have most likely left town. What bothers Davenport about giving up on searching the city for the men?
7. What happens when the men arrive at the hospital? Is their mission successful? Is anyone injured?
8. What happens to Weather during and after the killing of LaChaise?
9. What is Davenport's state of mind at this point in the story?
10. What is the first stop for LaChaise and Martin? What is the purpose for the trip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Andy Stadic is a dirty cop, meaning he will break the law for money or other gain. Discuss the concept of a dirty cop. What could make a cop turn against his profession? Is there a way to spot a dirty cop? What did it take to turn Stadic? Was it worth it? What happened to Stadic in the end?
Essay Topic 2
Davenport is often viewed as a rogue cop, one who does not play by the book. Discuss this behavior. How is Davenport's method helpful to his work? How might it hinder or jeopardize an investigation? How do Davenport's colleagues feel about his behavior? Is Davenport viewed as an asset or liability by his commander? What kind of reprimands might Davenport receive for his unusual methods? Does Roux know about Davenport's antics? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Examine John Sandford's Lucas Davenport series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Lucas Davenport. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Davenport go next? How might Davenport's relationships with Elle, Jennifer, and his colleagues change in future books?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)