|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the collector's name?
2. Where does Sandy hide after receiving instructions from Davenport?
3. The men are concerned because there are reports of blizzard conditions in which area?
4. Davenport and Weather rarely agree on which topic?
5. How many cops run into the building along with Stadic?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in Weather's office after Davenport arrives.
2. LaChaise and Martin rethink their game plan. What are the men's two immediate short term goals? How are the goals accomplished?
3. Describe the final scene at the Metrodome. Who is involved and/or in danger? What is the outcome of the confrontation?
4. What happens at Franklin's house? Who is responsible? What is the outcome of the incident?
5. What decision does LaChaise make while on the road? How does the decision reflect on LaChaise?
6. Davenport receives a break when an informant tips him off to LaChaise's plan. Discuss the informant, the information, and how it is obtained.
7. Stadic continues to have bad luck but ventures forward. What is the next stage of Stadic's plan? Where does it take place?
8. What is the first stop for LaChaise and Martin? What is the purpose for the trip?
9. Sandy views the trip to Winter's house as another opportunity for rescue. What does Sandy do to alert police?
10. To follow through with the plan, Martin and LaChaise must obtain more weapons. Discuss the deal and the dealer.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Davenport is well known as a successful video game inventor. Discuss how Davenport gets into the business. What is the original idea? How are video games developed? What kinds of games are Davenport's specialty? Is it expensive to develop a game? Where does Davenport do his work? Who helps Davenport test the games? How do you think the video game business affects Davenport's police work? Do you think Davenport will stay with the business as well as the police force? If not, which job will he quit?
Essay Topic 2
Examine John Sandford's Lucas Davenport series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Lucas Davenport. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Davenport go next? How might Davenport's relationships with Elle, Jennifer, and his colleagues change in future books?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Sandford's use of Minnesota for the setting in the Lucas Davenport series. Why do you think Sandford chooses Minnesota? How accurate do you think the setting is in regards to the real location? What areas are most commonly referenced in the story? What other location might have worked as well, if not better, than Minnesota? What is unique about the setting? What regionalisms are exhibited by Davenport and the rest of the characters? Explain.
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)