|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport does McKinney discuss with Del?
2. Weather and LaChaise both grew up in which state?
3. What kind of guns are purchased from the dealer?
4. Where does Martin meet the gun collector?
5. Although LaChaise's first reason for murder is revenge, it is really about:
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in Weather's office after Davenport arrives.
2. LaChaise and Martin rethink their game plan. What are the men's two immediate short term goals? How are the goals accomplished?
3. What is the first stop for LaChaise and Martin? What is the purpose for the trip?
4. Sandy views the trip to Winter's house as another opportunity for rescue. What does Sandy do to alert police?
5. What is the plan for the next morning? Who is most eager to get the plan underway?
6. Where do LaChaise and Martin go upon their return to Minneapolis? What happens to Sandy?
7. Davenport receives a break when an informant tips him off to LaChaise's plan. Discuss the informant, the information, and how it is obtained.
8. What decision does LaChaise make while on the road? How does the decision reflect on LaChaise?
9. The police realize that LaChaise and Martin have most likely left town. What bothers Davenport about giving up on searching the city for the men?
10. Stadic continues to have bad luck but ventures forward. What is the next stage of Stadic's plan? Where does it take place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Davenport is well known as a successful video game inventor. Discuss how Davenport gets into the business. What is the original idea? How are video games developed? What kinds of games are Davenport's specialty? Is it expensive to develop a game? Where does Davenport do his work? Who helps Davenport test the games? How do you think the video game business affects Davenport's police work? Do you think Davenport will stay with the business as well as the police force? If not, which job will he quit?
Essay Topic 2
Write a short memoir that might have been written by LaChaise. What types of things would make LaChaise most proud in his career and personal lives? What other types of professional work might LaChaise have done? Would the memoir include details of his relationships with his victims? How might LaChaise describe how he felt before, during and after each murder? What would LaChaise say about his family's involvement? What might LaChaise say about Lucas?
Essay Topic 3
Trust is a strong theme in "Sudden Prey." The cops must trust one another with their lives on a daily basis. Discuss how Stadic breaks that trust. How do the cops feel when they learn one of their own is dirty? How does Stadic try to remain in the loop? What is Davenport's feeling about trusting cops outside his immediate department? What does Davenport think about trust in general? Who does Davenport trust the most?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)