|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many guns are purchased from the dealer?
2. What item does Sandy use as a weapon?
3. What is the name of the man who calls Davenport with information?
4. Martin takes Sandy along when he goes to meet a gun dealer. What is the gun dealer's name?
5. What item is used to secure Sandy in place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when LaChaise has Weather as a hostage? How does Weather try to calm LaChaise?
2. What is Weather doing when LaChaise arrives at the hospital? How does LaChaise manage to get to Weather?
3. Davenport receives a break when an informant tips him off to LaChaise's plan. Discuss the informant, the information, and how it is obtained.
4. Describe the final scene at the Metrodome. Who is involved and/or in danger? What is the outcome of the confrontation?
5. What is the first stop for LaChaise and Martin? What is the purpose for the trip?
6. Sandy views the trip to Winter's house as another opportunity for rescue. What does Sandy do to alert police?
7. Davenport and fellow officers go to Arne Palin's house. What happens with Palin? What is Davenport's opinion? What is the outcome of the visit?
8. Describe the scene in Weather's office after Davenport arrives.
9. What comes of Sandy's attempts to be rescued?
10. What happens when the men arrive at the hospital? Is their mission successful? Is anyone injured?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Sandford's use of Minnesota for the setting in the Lucas Davenport series. Why do you think Sandford chooses Minnesota? How accurate do you think the setting is in regards to the real location? What areas are most commonly referenced in the story? What other location might have worked as well, if not better, than Minnesota? What is unique about the setting? What regionalisms are exhibited by Davenport and the rest of the characters? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Andy Stadic is a dirty cop, meaning he will break the law for money or other gain. Discuss the concept of a dirty cop. What could make a cop turn against his profession? Is there a way to spot a dirty cop? What did it take to turn Stadic? Was it worth it? What happened to Stadic in the end?
Essay Topic 3
Write your own murder mystery based on "Sudden Prey." Use Davenport as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)