|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which cop's wife is Butters' victim?
2. Where is the house that is being used as a hideout by LaChaise?
3. What is Mrs. LaChaise's first name?
4. What word does Sandy use to describe the fugitives?
5. In what city does the theft occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does LaChaise originally find out the names of the police involved in the shooting at the credit union? How does LaChaise intend to make them pay?
2. What is Sandy Darling's situation at this point?
3. Who declares revenge for the deaths of the robbers? What is the relationship between the man and the criminals? Where is the man located?
4. Discuss what happens inside the credit union. What unplanned action is taken by Candy?
5. What is the first location Stadic hits? What does Stadic find when he arrives? What information is gained by Stadic?
6. What happens when Stadic begins to panic? What is the plan to solve the problem?
7. What is SEED? How is LaChaise involved with the organization? What is the main purpose of the group?
8. Describe the activities of each person and the props used in the crime.
9. Discuss the structure of Dick LaChaise's family.
10. Describe the opening scene. Who is in the process of stealing a van? Who does the woman meet after the theft?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Andy Stadic is a dirty cop, meaning he will break the law for money or other gain. Discuss the concept of a dirty cop. What could make a cop turn against his profession? Is there a way to spot a dirty cop? What did it take to turn Stadic? Was it worth it? What happened to Stadic in the end?
Essay Topic 2
Write a complete character description of Weather Karkinnen. Include her personal and professional lives, relationship to family, and prestige as a surgeon. Also discuss how Weather handles being intimately involved with police work, even when it is against her will.
Essay Topic 3
Examine John Sandford's Lucas Davenport series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Lucas Davenport. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Davenport go next? How might Davenport's relationships with Elle, Jennifer, and his colleagues change in future books?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)