|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does LaChaise contact to help with his plan?
2. What word does Sandy use to describe the fugitives?
3. Which cop is a part of the security duty at the hotel?
4. How does Davenport alert the public about the reward?
5. What is the name of the neighborhood in which the hideout is located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first location Stadic hits? What does Stadic find when he arrives? What information is gained by Stadic?
2. Who is the Chief of Police for Minneapolis? Why is the chief concerned about the outcome of the credit union heist?
3. Where does Davenport live? To whom does Davenport talk over the LaChaise case when he is off duty? What fears does Davenport communicate regarding the case?
4. How does LaChaise originally find out the names of the police involved in the shooting at the credit union? How does LaChaise intend to make them pay?
5. What happens when Stadic begins to panic? What is the plan to solve the problem?
6. What assignment is given to Butters in regards to Davenport?
7. Who tells Davenport about LaChaise's plan? How does Davenport react to the news of the murders and attempted murder of the family members?
8. Where does Darling go to meet LaChaise? Who has helped LaChaise to escape and hide out?
9. What happens when Davenport and others arrive at the house?
10. What do the unidentified men want from Harp and, in turn, Stadic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Sandford's use of Minnesota for the setting in the Lucas Davenport series. Why do you think Sandford chooses Minnesota? How accurate do you think the setting is in regards to the real location? What areas are most commonly referenced in the story? What other location might have worked as well, if not better, than Minnesota? What is unique about the setting? What regionalisms are exhibited by Davenport and the rest of the characters? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Write a complete character description of Weather Karkinnen. Include her personal and professional lives, relationship to family, and prestige as a surgeon. Also discuss how Weather handles being intimately involved with police work, even when it is against her will.
Essay Topic 3
Write a short memoir that might have been written by LaChaise. What types of things would make LaChaise most proud in his career and personal lives? What other types of professional work might LaChaise have done? Would the memoir include details of his relationships with his victims? How might LaChaise describe how he felt before, during and after each murder? What would LaChaise say about his family's involvement? What might LaChaise say about Lucas?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)