|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the house that is being used as a hideout by LaChaise?
2. What is Del's last name?
3. Davenport hopes to get information regarding which of the following?
4. Who gave information on LaChaise to the police?
5. Where is Butters sent to kill a cop's family member?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the structure of Dick LaChaise's family.
2. What important piece of information is unknown to Butters and the rest? Why is the information vital to the men's survival?
3. What is Davenport's reaction when he learns about LaChaise's escape? What information is gathered by Davenport?
4. Who tells Davenport about LaChaise's plan? How does Davenport react to the news of the murders and attempted murder of the family members?
5. Who is the Chief of Police for Minneapolis? Why is the chief concerned about the outcome of the credit union heist?
6. What happens to Candy, Ginger and Duane shortly after the women leave the credit union.
7. How does LaChaise deal with being wounded? Who is obligated to help LaChaise by tending to his wounds?
8. Who are the first victims chosen in Andy Stadic's plan to eliminate possible threats? What is the reason for the proposed hit?
9. Who declares revenge for the deaths of the robbers? What is the relationship between the man and the criminals? Where is the man located?
10. How does Del react when he finds LaChaise at his house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine John Sandford's Lucas Davenport series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Lucas Davenport. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Davenport go next? How might Davenport's relationships with Elle, Jennifer, and his colleagues change in future books?
Essay Topic 2
Trust is a strong theme in "Sudden Prey." The cops must trust one another with their lives on a daily basis. Discuss how Stadic breaks that trust. How do the cops feel when they learn one of their own is dirty? How does Stadic try to remain in the loop? What is Davenport's feeling about trusting cops outside his immediate department? What does Davenport think about trust in general? Who does Davenport trust the most?
Essay Topic 3
Write a complete character description of Weather Karkinnen. Include her personal and professional lives, relationship to family, and prestige as a surgeon. Also discuss how Weather handles being intimately involved with police work, even when it is against her will.
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)