|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police confiscate from the house?
2. What was the name of the restaurant used by Stadic and Harp?
3. What word is best used to describe the mother?
4. Where is Martin sent to kill a cop's husband?
5. What is the name of the TV station mentioned in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Andy Stadic and Daymon Harp? What is their relationship? What causes friction between the men?
2. What is SEED? How is LaChaise involved with the organization? What is the main purpose of the group?
3. Who is the lead detective on the credit union case? What does the detective say to Roux about the potential media fall out? How did the police cover their actions?
4. What happens when Davenport and others arrive at the house?
5. Who is the first victim in LaChaise's plan? Explain what happens.
6. Where does Davenport live? To whom does Davenport talk over the LaChaise case when he is off duty? What fears does Davenport communicate regarding the case?
7. What is Davenport's reaction when he learns about LaChaise's escape? What information is gathered by Davenport?
8. How does Del react when he finds LaChaise at his house?
9. What is the first location Stadic hits? What does Stadic find when he arrives? What information is gained by Stadic?
10. Discuss what happens inside the credit union. What unplanned action is taken by Candy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
LaChaise manages to communicate with people outside when he is incarcerated. Discuss how this is possible. In what ways can a prisoner communicate with outsiders? Are the communications monitored? If so, by whom? What kinds of things might be able to slip through? What does LaChaise communicate? How does it affect the case?
Essay Topic 2
Andy Stadic is a dirty cop, meaning he will break the law for money or other gain. Discuss the concept of a dirty cop. What could make a cop turn against his profession? Is there a way to spot a dirty cop? What did it take to turn Stadic? Was it worth it? What happened to Stadic in the end?
Essay Topic 3
Write your own murder mystery based on "Sudden Prey." Use Davenport as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)