Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the house that is being used as a hideout by LaChaise?
2. What was LaChaise charged with when he was arrested?
3. How does the person attempt to escape?
4. What is Sandy's former occupation?
5. What is the name of Harp's girlfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does LaChaise make while on the road? How does the decision reflect on LaChaise?
2. What is SEED? How is LaChaise involved with the organization? What is the main purpose of the group?
3. What is the first location Stadic hits? What does Stadic find when he arrives? What information is gained by Stadic?
4. What happens to Weather during and after the killing of LaChaise?
5. What happens when LaChaise has Weather as a hostage? How does Weather try to calm LaChaise?
6. Stadic continues to have bad luck but ventures forward. What is the next stage of Stadic's plan? Where does it take place?
7. What is Weather doing when LaChaise arrives at the hospital? How does LaChaise manage to get to Weather?
8. What happens at Franklin's house? Who is responsible? What is the outcome of the incident?
9. Sandy views the trip to Winter's house as another opportunity for rescue. What does Sandy do to alert police?
10. What tip does Davenport receive about LaChaise? What prompted the tipster to call the police?
Trust is a strong theme in "Sudden Prey." The cops must trust one another with their lives on a daily basis. Discuss how Stadic breaks that trust. How do the cops feel when they learn one of their own is dirty? How does Stadic try to remain in the loop? What is Davenport's feeling about trusting cops outside his immediate department? What does Davenport think about trust in general? Who does Davenport trust the most?
Compare and contrast Lucas with Andy Stadic. Be sure to include information regarding the length of service to the police as well as their overall careers as cops.
Davenport is often viewed as a rogue cop, one who does not play by the book. Discuss this behavior. How is Davenport's method helpful to his work? How might it hinder or jeopardize an investigation? How do Davenport's colleagues feel about his behavior? Is Davenport viewed as an asset or liability by his commander? What kind of reprimands might Davenport receive for his unusual methods? Does Roux know about Davenport's antics? Explain.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)