|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Roux worries about the reaction from which of the following?
2. Which cop's husband was Martin's target?
3. Davenport hopes to get information regarding which of the following?
4. Who is informed of LaChaise's escape?
5. What phrase is frequently used to describe that same cop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Davenport's reaction when he learns about LaChaise's escape? What information is gathered by Davenport?
2. Where does Darling go to meet LaChaise? Who has helped LaChaise to escape and hide out?
3. LaChaise and his crew change locations for their hide out. Where had they been staying and where have they moved? Why do they move?
4. What assignment is given to Butters in regards to Davenport?
5. Who are Andy Stadic and Daymon Harp? What is their relationship? What causes friction between the men?
6. Who tells Davenport about LaChaise's plan? How does Davenport react to the news of the murders and attempted murder of the family members?
7. Discuss what happens inside the credit union. What unplanned action is taken by Candy?
8. What happens when Davenport and others arrive at the house?
9. Discuss the murder and attempted murder of the family members of Kupicek and Capslock. Who commits the crimes? What is the outcome?
10. What important piece of information is unknown to Butters and the rest? Why is the information vital to the men's survival?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Symbolism is an important part of a mystery, often giving clues to the reader and the story's detective. What are the ways in which Sandford uses symbolism in his stories? Give examples of blatant symbolism and more subtle symbolism. Compare and contrast the symbolism used in Sanford's mysteries and the mysteries written by another famous author.
Essay Topic 2
Rose Marie Roux and Davenport have an interesting professional relationship. The two veteran cops seem to respect one another. Discuss how the mutual admiration benefits their working relationship. Explore how Roux's style of leadership has helped Davenport form his own style. What are the similarities? What is Roux's background and how does it compare to Davenport's background?
Essay Topic 3
Andy Stadic is a dirty cop, meaning he will break the law for money or other gain. Discuss the concept of a dirty cop. What could make a cop turn against his profession? Is there a way to spot a dirty cop? What did it take to turn Stadic? Was it worth it? What happened to Stadic in the end?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)