|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the woman's first name?
2. Where is the man shot?
3. Who does Stadic call about leaving town?
4. What is the name of the drug dealer approached by LaChaise's men?
5. Who does LaChaise contact to help with his plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the structure of Dick LaChaise's family.
2. What tip does Davenport receive about LaChaise? What prompted the tipster to call the police?
3. How does Del react when he finds LaChaise at his house?
4. What assignment is given to Butters in regards to Davenport?
5. What important piece of information is unknown to Butters and the rest? Why is the information vital to the men's survival?
6. Who is the Chief of Police for Minneapolis? Why is the chief concerned about the outcome of the credit union heist?
7. What happens to Candy, Ginger and Duane shortly after the women leave the credit union.
8. What happens when Stadic begins to panic? What is the plan to solve the problem?
9. How does LaChaise deal with being wounded? Who is obligated to help LaChaise by tending to his wounds?
10. What happens when Davenport questions Sandy Darling? What important information is learned about LaChaise's prison sentence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
LaChaise manages to communicate with people outside when he is incarcerated. Discuss how this is possible. In what ways can a prisoner communicate with outsiders? Are the communications monitored? If so, by whom? What kinds of things might be able to slip through? What does LaChaise communicate? How does it affect the case?
Essay Topic 2
Examine John Sandford's Lucas Davenport series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Lucas Davenport. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Davenport go next? How might Davenport's relationships with Elle, Jennifer, and his colleagues change in future books?
Essay Topic 3
Trust is a strong theme in "Sudden Prey." The cops must trust one another with their lives on a daily basis. Discuss how Stadic breaks that trust. How do the cops feel when they learn one of their own is dirty? How does Stadic try to remain in the loop? What is Davenport's feeling about trusting cops outside his immediate department? What does Davenport think about trust in general? Who does Davenport trust the most?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)