|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stadic call about leaving town?
2. What is the number of the highway that runs through Wisconsin?
3. Where does the group intend to go?
4. What is the name of Davenport's fiancee?
5. What is the name of the neighborhood in which the hideout is located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What assignment is given to Butters in regards to Davenport?
2. Who tells Davenport about LaChaise's plan? How does Davenport react to the news of the murders and attempted murder of the family members?
3. How does Davenport intend to tempt someone to give up LaChaise and his friends plus that dirty cop? How is this arranged?
4. Where does Davenport live? To whom does Davenport talk over the LaChaise case when he is off duty? What fears does Davenport communicate regarding the case?
5. Where does Darling go to meet LaChaise? Who has helped LaChaise to escape and hide out?
6. What do the unidentified men want from Harp and, in turn, Stadic?
7. How does LaChaise deal with being wounded? Who is obligated to help LaChaise by tending to his wounds?
8. Describe the activities of each person and the props used in the crime.
9. What happens when Stadic begins to panic? What is the plan to solve the problem?
10. Who is the lead detective on the credit union case? What does the detective say to Roux about the potential media fall out? How did the police cover their actions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rose Marie Roux and Davenport have an interesting professional relationship. The two veteran cops seem to respect one another. Discuss how the mutual admiration benefits their working relationship. Explore how Roux's style of leadership has helped Davenport form his own style. What are the similarities? What is Roux's background and how does it compare to Davenport's background?
Essay Topic 2
Write a short memoir that might have been written by LaChaise. What types of things would make LaChaise most proud in his career and personal lives? What other types of professional work might LaChaise have done? Would the memoir include details of his relationships with his victims? How might LaChaise describe how he felt before, during and after each murder? What would LaChaise say about his family's involvement? What might LaChaise say about Lucas?
Essay Topic 3
Andy Stadic is a dirty cop, meaning he will break the law for money or other gain. Discuss the concept of a dirty cop. What could make a cop turn against his profession? Is there a way to spot a dirty cop? What did it take to turn Stadic? Was it worth it? What happened to Stadic in the end?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)