|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave information on LaChaise to the police?
2. From which location does LaChaise escape?
3. Where is the husband at the time of the shooting?
4. What word is best used to describe the mother?
5. Butters is given the location of whose house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Davenport questions Sandy Darling? What important information is learned about LaChaise's prison sentence?
2. What tip does Davenport receive about LaChaise? What prompted the tipster to call the police?
3. Davenport receives a break when an informant tips him off to LaChaise's plan. Discuss the informant, the information, and how it is obtained.
4. What is the first location Stadic hits? What does Stadic find when he arrives? What information is gained by Stadic?
5. Who is the Chief of Police for Minneapolis? Why is the chief concerned about the outcome of the credit union heist?
6. What happens at Franklin's house? Who is responsible? What is the outcome of the incident?
7. What effort does Sandy make with the hope of ending the kidnapping and murderous situation?
8. What do the unidentified men want from Harp and, in turn, Stadic?
9. Discuss what happens inside the credit union. What unplanned action is taken by Candy?
10. What happens when Stadic begins to panic? What is the plan to solve the problem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine John Sandford's Lucas Davenport series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Lucas Davenport. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Davenport go next? How might Davenport's relationships with Elle, Jennifer, and his colleagues change in future books?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Jennifer and Lucas. Are they close? Have they been able to maintain a civil relationship regarding their daughter? Why do you think Jennifer refused to marry Lucas? How does the former relationship play into the current relationship between Lucas and Weather?
Essay Topic 3
Write a complete character description of Weather Karkinnen. Include her personal and professional lives, relationship to family, and prestige as a surgeon. Also discuss how Weather handles being intimately involved with police work, even when it is against her will.
This section contains 1,800 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)