|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Davenport hopes to get information regarding which of the following?
2. Where is Martin sent to kill a cop's husband?
3. What is the name of the person killed by Stadic in the beginning of this section?
4. What is the name of the Chief of Police?
5. What is the name of Harp's girlfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the unidentified men want from Harp and, in turn, Stadic?
2. Describe the opening scene. Who is in the process of stealing a van? Who does the woman meet after the theft?
3. Who tells Davenport about LaChaise's plan? How does Davenport react to the news of the murders and attempted murder of the family members?
4. Describe the activities of each person and the props used in the crime.
5. What is Sandy Darling's situation at this point?
6. Discuss the murder and attempted murder of the family members of Kupicek and Capslock. Who commits the crimes? What is the outcome?
7. How does LaChaise deal with being wounded? Who is obligated to help LaChaise by tending to his wounds?
8. Who is the lead detective on the credit union case? What does the detective say to Roux about the potential media fall out? How did the police cover their actions?
9. How does Davenport intend to tempt someone to give up LaChaise and his friends plus that dirty cop? How is this arranged?
10. Discuss the structure of Dick LaChaise's family.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
LaChaise manages to communicate with people outside when he is incarcerated. Discuss how this is possible. In what ways can a prisoner communicate with outsiders? Are the communications monitored? If so, by whom? What kinds of things might be able to slip through? What does LaChaise communicate? How does it affect the case?
Essay Topic 2
Assuming a psychiatrist's point of view, analyze the situation with LaChaise. Discuss LaChaise's past history in regards to psychiatric care. Is LaChaise warped, mentally ill, or something else? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might have benefited LaChaise before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
Essay Topic 3
Because of LaChaise's plan, Lucas sends family members to a hotel for protection. Discuss the move. Do you think it is wise to send the families away? Where are they sent? Do you think it prevents any of the family members from being hurt? How does LaChaise find out where the family members are staying?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)