Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the house that is being used as a hideout by LaChaise?
2. What was LaChaise charged with when he was arrested?
3. How does the person attempt to escape?
4. What is Sandy's former occupation?
5. What is the name of Harp's girlfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does LaChaise make while on the road? How does the decision reflect on LaChaise?
2. What is SEED? How is LaChaise involved with the organization? What is the main purpose of the group?
3. What is the first location Stadic hits? What does Stadic find when he arrives? What information is gained by Stadic?
4. What happens to Weather during and after the killing of LaChaise?
5. What happens when LaChaise has Weather as a hostage? How does Weather try to calm LaChaise?
6. Stadic continues to have bad luck but ventures forward. What is the next stage of Stadic's plan? Where does it take place?
7. What is Weather doing when LaChaise arrives at the hospital? How does LaChaise manage to get to Weather?
8. What happens at Franklin's house? Who is responsible? What is the outcome of the incident?
9. Sandy views the trip to Winter's house as another opportunity for rescue. What does Sandy do to alert police?
10. What tip does Davenport receive about LaChaise? What prompted the tipster to call the police?
Essay Topic 1
Write a complete character description of Weather Karkinnen. Include her personal and professional lives, relationship to family, and prestige as a surgeon. Also discuss how Weather handles being intimately involved with police work, even when it is against her will.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Lucas with Andy Stadic. Be sure to include information regarding the length of service to the police as well as their overall careers as cops.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters, plots, settings, and outcomes of the stories woven into "Sudden Prey." Use the scenarios in another one of Sandford's series of books for comparison. How do the story lines differ? What is the conclusion of each story? Which lead character do you like better? Explain.
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)