|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who denies knowing anything about Dick's whereabouts?
2. What causes a person to get shot?
3. Who was not present at the hide out?
4. What is the name of LaChaise's sister-in-law?
5. What is the number of the highway that runs through Wisconsin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Davenport's reaction when he learns about LaChaise's escape? What information is gathered by Davenport?
2. How does Del react when he finds LaChaise at his house?
3. What is Davenport's state of mind at this point in the story?
4. Discuss the structure of Dick LaChaise's family.
5. What important piece of information is unknown to Butters and the rest? Why is the information vital to the men's survival?
6. Where do LaChaise and Martin go upon their return to Minneapolis? What happens to Sandy?
7. Who tells Davenport about LaChaise's plan? How does Davenport react to the news of the murders and attempted murder of the family members?
8. Who is the Chief of Police for Minneapolis? Why is the chief concerned about the outcome of the credit union heist?
9. Stadic continues to have bad luck but ventures forward. What is the next stage of Stadic's plan? Where does it take place?
10. Describe the final scene at the Metrodome. Who is involved and/or in danger? What is the outcome of the confrontation?
Essay Topic 1
Rose Marie Roux and Davenport have an interesting professional relationship. The two veteran cops seem to respect one another. Discuss how the mutual admiration benefits their working relationship. Explore how Roux's style of leadership has helped Davenport form his own style. What are the similarities? What is Roux's background and how does it compare to Davenport's background?
Essay Topic 2
Write a complete character description of Dick LaChaise. Include his personal and professional lives, relationship to his family, and mental illness. Also discuss the formulation of LaChaise's plan to get revenge on the members of the cops' families.
Essay Topic 3
Trust is a strong theme in "Sudden Prey." The cops must trust one another with their lives on a daily basis. Discuss how Stadic breaks that trust. How do the cops feel when they learn one of their own is dirty? How does Stadic try to remain in the loop? What is Davenport's feeling about trusting cops outside his immediate department? What does Davenport think about trust in general? Who does Davenport trust the most?
This section contains 1,745 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)