|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion is experienced by Davenport in regards to Jennifer?
2. Who attempts to make a deal with LaChaise?
3. What phrase is frequently used to describe that same cop?
4. What group was originally the core?
5. What do the police confiscate from the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Darling go to meet LaChaise? Who has helped LaChaise to escape and hide out?
2. Who are Andy Stadic and Daymon Harp? What is their relationship? What causes friction between the men?
3. How does Davenport intend to tempt someone to give up LaChaise and his friends plus that dirty cop? How is this arranged?
4. What happens when Davenport questions Sandy Darling? What important information is learned about LaChaise's prison sentence?
5. Discuss what happens inside the credit union. What unplanned action is taken by Candy?
6. What happens when Stadic begins to panic? What is the plan to solve the problem?
7. What happens when Davenport and others arrive at the house?
8. Discuss the structure of Dick LaChaise's family.
9. What is Sandy Darling's situation at this point?
10. Who is the lead detective on the credit union case? What does the detective say to Roux about the potential media fall out? How did the police cover their actions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rose Marie Roux and Davenport have an interesting professional relationship. The two veteran cops seem to respect one another. Discuss how the mutual admiration benefits their working relationship. Explore how Roux's style of leadership has helped Davenport form his own style. What are the similarities? What is Roux's background and how does it compare to Davenport's background?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Lucas with Andy Stadic. Be sure to include information regarding the length of service to the police as well as their overall careers as cops.
Essay Topic 3
Assuming a psychiatrist's point of view, analyze the situation with LaChaise. Discuss LaChaise's past history in regards to psychiatric care. Is LaChaise warped, mentally ill, or something else? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might have benefited LaChaise before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)