|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Butters sent to kill a cop's family member?
2. What is the name of the lead detective?
3. What is the name of Harp's girlfriend?
4. Photos released to the media make Davenport appear as if he is:
5. Who is not on Stadic's hit list?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first location Stadic hits? What does Stadic find when he arrives? What information is gained by Stadic?
2. How does Del react when he finds LaChaise at his house?
3. How does LaChaise deal with being wounded? Who is obligated to help LaChaise by tending to his wounds?
4. What important piece of information is unknown to Butters and the rest? Why is the information vital to the men's survival?
5. Who is the first victim in LaChaise's plan? Explain what happens.
6. What is Sandy Darling's situation at this point?
7. What happens when Davenport and others arrive at the house?
8. What is SEED? How is LaChaise involved with the organization? What is the main purpose of the group?
9. Where does Davenport live? To whom does Davenport talk over the LaChaise case when he is off duty? What fears does Davenport communicate regarding the case?
10. Describe the opening scene. Who is in the process of stealing a van? Who does the woman meet after the theft?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Assuming a psychiatrist's point of view, analyze the situation with LaChaise. Discuss LaChaise's past history in regards to psychiatric care. Is LaChaise warped, mentally ill, or something else? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might have benefited LaChaise before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
Essay Topic 2
LaChaise manages to communicate with people outside when he is incarcerated. Discuss how this is possible. In what ways can a prisoner communicate with outsiders? Are the communications monitored? If so, by whom? What kinds of things might be able to slip through? What does LaChaise communicate? How does it affect the case?
Essay Topic 3
Write a complete character description of Weather Karkinnen. Include her personal and professional lives, relationship to family, and prestige as a surgeon. Also discuss how Weather handles being intimately involved with police work, even when it is against her will.
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)