|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What eventually became the core purpose of the group?
2. Where is the man shot?
3. What is the name of the neighborhood in which the hideout is located?
4. Where do the outlaws go to find Sandy?
5. Which cop's wife is Butters' victim?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Weather during and after the killing of LaChaise?
2. To follow through with the plan, Martin and LaChaise must obtain more weapons. Discuss the deal and the dealer.
3. Where do LaChaise and Martin go upon their return to Minneapolis? What happens to Sandy?
4. What decision does LaChaise make while on the road? How does the decision reflect on LaChaise?
5. Who is the lead detective on the credit union case? What does the detective say to Roux about the potential media fall out? How did the police cover their actions?
6. Where does Darling go to meet LaChaise? Who has helped LaChaise to escape and hide out?
7. Who are Andy Stadic and Daymon Harp? What is their relationship? What causes friction between the men?
8. How does LaChaise deal with being wounded? Who is obligated to help LaChaise by tending to his wounds?
9. What happens when the police interview Winter? How does the information leak to LaChaise?
10. Describe the scene in Weather's office after Davenport arrives.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters, plots, settings, and outcomes of the stories woven into "Sudden Prey." Use the scenarios in another one of Sandford's series of books for comparison. How do the story lines differ? What is the conclusion of each story? Which lead character do you like better? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Write a short memoir that might have been written by LaChaise. What types of things would make LaChaise most proud in his career and personal lives? What other types of professional work might LaChaise have done? Would the memoir include details of his relationships with his victims? How might LaChaise describe how he felt before, during and after each murder? What would LaChaise say about his family's involvement? What might LaChaise say about Lucas?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Lucas with Andy Stadic. Be sure to include information regarding the length of service to the police as well as their overall careers as cops.
This section contains 1,754 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)