|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the outlaws go to find Sandy?
2. How is the woman killed?
3. What is the name of Harp's girlfriend?
4. How much money does Davenport offer for information?
5. What is Del's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Davenport intend to tempt someone to give up LaChaise and his friends plus that dirty cop? How is this arranged?
2. Where does Davenport live? To whom does Davenport talk over the LaChaise case when he is off duty? What fears does Davenport communicate regarding the case?
3. What assignment is given to Butters in regards to Davenport?
4. Who is the first victim in LaChaise's plan? Explain what happens.
5. What happens when Davenport and others arrive at the house?
6. What is the purpose of the theft? What does the trio have planned? Is it a new project?
7. What tip does Davenport receive about LaChaise? What prompted the tipster to call the police?
8. Who are the first victims chosen in Andy Stadic's plan to eliminate possible threats? What is the reason for the proposed hit?
9. How does LaChaise originally find out the names of the police involved in the shooting at the credit union? How does LaChaise intend to make them pay?
10. What is the first location Stadic hits? What does Stadic find when he arrives? What information is gained by Stadic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write your own murder mystery based on "Sudden Prey." Use Davenport as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Sandford's use of Minnesota for the setting in the Lucas Davenport series. Why do you think Sandford chooses Minnesota? How accurate do you think the setting is in regards to the real location? What areas are most commonly referenced in the story? What other location might have worked as well, if not better, than Minnesota? What is unique about the setting? What regionalisms are exhibited by Davenport and the rest of the characters? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Because of LaChaise's plan, Lucas sends family members to a hotel for protection. Discuss the move. Do you think it is wise to send the families away? Where are they sent? Do you think it prevents any of the family members from being hurt? How does LaChaise find out where the family members are staying?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)