|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of LaChaise's sister-in-law?
2. Whose girlfriend was tortured by LaChaise?
3. How much money does Davenport offer for information?
4. Who is not on Stadic's hit list?
5. What is the name of the Chief of Police?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Candy, Ginger and Duane shortly after the women leave the credit union.
2. Discuss the murder and attempted murder of the family members of Kupicek and Capslock. Who commits the crimes? What is the outcome?
3. Discuss the structure of Dick LaChaise's family.
4. What happens when Davenport questions Sandy Darling? What important information is learned about LaChaise's prison sentence?
5. How does Del react when he finds LaChaise at his house?
6. Discuss what happens inside the credit union. What unplanned action is taken by Candy?
7. Who tells Davenport about LaChaise's plan? How does Davenport react to the news of the murders and attempted murder of the family members?
8. What tip does Davenport receive about LaChaise? What prompted the tipster to call the police?
9. What is SEED? How is LaChaise involved with the organization? What is the main purpose of the group?
10. What happens when Stadic begins to panic? What is the plan to solve the problem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
LaChaise manages to communicate with people outside when he is incarcerated. Discuss how this is possible. In what ways can a prisoner communicate with outsiders? Are the communications monitored? If so, by whom? What kinds of things might be able to slip through? What does LaChaise communicate? How does it affect the case?
Essay Topic 2
Write your own murder mystery based on "Sudden Prey." Use Davenport as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
Essay Topic 3
Trust is a strong theme in "Sudden Prey." The cops must trust one another with their lives on a daily basis. Discuss how Stadic breaks that trust. How do the cops feel when they learn one of their own is dirty? How does Stadic try to remain in the loop? What is Davenport's feeling about trusting cops outside his immediate department? What does Davenport think about trust in general? Who does Davenport trust the most?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)