|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the house that is being used as a hideout by LaChaise?
2. What is Jasmine's last name?
3. What is the purpose of the meeting of the three people?
4. How many others were shot at the scene?
5. What is the name of Candy's husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effort does Sandy make with the hope of ending the kidnapping and murderous situation?
2. Who are Andy Stadic and Daymon Harp? What is their relationship? What causes friction between the men?
3. What is Sandy Darling's situation at this point?
4. Stadic continues to have bad luck but ventures forward. What is the next stage of Stadic's plan? Where does it take place?
5. What is the purpose of the theft? What does the trio have planned? Is it a new project?
6. Who declares revenge for the deaths of the robbers? What is the relationship between the man and the criminals? Where is the man located?
7. Sandy views the trip to Winter's house as another opportunity for rescue. What does Sandy do to alert police?
8. What is the first stop for LaChaise and Martin? What is the purpose for the trip?
9. Who are the first victims chosen in Andy Stadic's plan to eliminate possible threats? What is the reason for the proposed hit?
10. What happens to Candy, Ginger and Duane shortly after the women leave the credit union.
Essay Topic 1
Symbolism is an important part of a mystery, often giving clues to the reader and the story's detective. What are the ways in which Sandford uses symbolism in his stories? Give examples of blatant symbolism and more subtle symbolism. Compare and contrast the symbolism used in Sanford's mysteries and the mysteries written by another famous author.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Lucas with Andy Stadic. Be sure to include information regarding the length of service to the police as well as their overall careers as cops.
Essay Topic 3
Andy Stadic is a dirty cop, meaning he will break the law for money or other gain. Discuss the concept of a dirty cop. What could make a cop turn against his profession? Is there a way to spot a dirty cop? What did it take to turn Stadic? Was it worth it? What happened to Stadic in the end?
This section contains 1,788 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)