|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Davenport make a great deal of money outside the police force?
2. With whom does this person live?
3. The mother tells Davenport that Dick will do which of the following?
4. Where do the outlaws go to find Sandy?
5. What was LaChaise charged with when he was arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Andy Stadic and Daymon Harp? What is their relationship? What causes friction between the men?
2. Discuss what happens inside the credit union. What unplanned action is taken by Candy?
3. What tip does Davenport receive about LaChaise? What prompted the tipster to call the police?
4. Who are the first victims chosen in Andy Stadic's plan to eliminate possible threats? What is the reason for the proposed hit?
5. How does Del react when he finds LaChaise at his house?
6. Who is the first victim in LaChaise's plan? Explain what happens.
7. What happens when Davenport questions Sandy Darling? What important information is learned about LaChaise's prison sentence?
8. How does LaChaise deal with being wounded? Who is obligated to help LaChaise by tending to his wounds?
9. What assignment is given to Butters in regards to Davenport?
10. Who tells Davenport about LaChaise's plan? How does Davenport react to the news of the murders and attempted murder of the family members?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Andy Stadic is a dirty cop, meaning he will break the law for money or other gain. Discuss the concept of a dirty cop. What could make a cop turn against his profession? Is there a way to spot a dirty cop? What did it take to turn Stadic? Was it worth it? What happened to Stadic in the end?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters, plots, settings, and outcomes of the stories woven into "Sudden Prey." Use the scenarios in another one of Sandford's series of books for comparison. How do the story lines differ? What is the conclusion of each story? Which lead character do you like better? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
LaChaise is injured in a shootout with Dell. Describe the scene. What does LaChaise do before running away? Is anyone shot? What happens to LaChaise after he runs from Dell? What is Dell's reaction to the incident?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)