|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Chief of Police?
2. What causes a person to get shot?
3. How does Davenport make a great deal of money outside the police force?
4. From which location does LaChaise escape?
5. How does the person attempt to escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tip does Davenport receive about LaChaise? What prompted the tipster to call the police?
2. LaChaise and his crew change locations for their hide out. Where had they been staying and where have they moved? Why do they move?
3. What important piece of information is unknown to Butters and the rest? Why is the information vital to the men's survival?
4. What is SEED? How is LaChaise involved with the organization? What is the main purpose of the group?
5. Discuss what happens inside the credit union. What unplanned action is taken by Candy?
6. How does LaChaise deal with being wounded? Who is obligated to help LaChaise by tending to his wounds?
7. Discuss the murder and attempted murder of the family members of Kupicek and Capslock. Who commits the crimes? What is the outcome?
8. Who are Andy Stadic and Daymon Harp? What is their relationship? What causes friction between the men?
9. What assignment is given to Butters in regards to Davenport?
10. How does Davenport intend to tempt someone to give up LaChaise and his friends plus that dirty cop? How is this arranged?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Sandford's use of Minnesota for the setting in the Lucas Davenport series. Why do you think Sandford chooses Minnesota? How accurate do you think the setting is in regards to the real location? What areas are most commonly referenced in the story? What other location might have worked as well, if not better, than Minnesota? What is unique about the setting? What regionalisms are exhibited by Davenport and the rest of the characters? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Lucas with Andy Stadic. Be sure to include information regarding the length of service to the police as well as their overall careers as cops.
Essay Topic 3
Examine John Sandford's Lucas Davenport series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Lucas Davenport. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Davenport go next? How might Davenport's relationships with Elle, Jennifer, and his colleagues change in future books?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)