• Candy LaChaise steals keys to a van. The van is needed to commit a heist.
• LaChaise is being watched.
• Candy meets up with accomplices.
• There is a shootout. The robbers are killed.
• Reader is introduced to Rose Marie Roux, Minneapolis Police Chief.
• Rose Marie Roux worries about fallout from the killings.
• Dick LaChaise goes into a rage in his cell when he learns about the killings.
• LaChaise plans to escape and get revenge.
• LaChaise's friends find a dirty cop in Minneapolis.
• LaChaise escapes.
• Sandy worries she will get caught up in the escape.
• Davenport learns about LaChaise's escape from prison.
• Davenport travels to Wisconsin to meet with the LaChaise family.
• Reader learns about the LaChaise family history including alcohol and physical abuse.
• Amy LaChaise says Dick will do anything to get revenge.
• Author gives background details on the lives of LaChaise and Davenport.
This section contains 1,280 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)