Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapters 1-3 Abstract
* Candy LaChaise steals keys to a van. The van is needed to commit a heist.
* LaChaise is being watched.
* Candy meets up with accomplices.
* There is a shootout. The robbers are killed.
Chapters 4-6 Abstract
* Reader is introduced to Rose Marie Roux, Minneapolis Police Chief.
* Rose Marie Roux worries about fallout from the...
This section contains 1,280 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)