* Candy LaChaise steals keys to a van. The van is needed to commit a heist.
* LaChaise is being watched.
* Candy meets up with accomplices.
* There is a shootout. The robbers are killed.
* Reader is introduced to Rose Marie Roux, Minneapolis Police Chief.
* Rose Marie Roux worries about fallout from the killings.
* Dick LaChaise goes into a rage in his cell when he learns about the killings.
* LaChaise plans to escape and get revenge.
* LaChaise's friends find a dirty cop in Minneapolis.
* LaChaise escapes.
* Sandy worries she will get caught up in the escape.
* Davenport learns about LaChaise's escape from prison.
* Davenport travels to Wisconsin to meet with the LaChaise family.
* Reader learns about the LaChaise family history including alcohol and physical abuse.
* Amy LaChaise says Dick will do anything to get revenge.
* Author gives background details on the lives of LaChaise and Davenport.
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)