|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue: “Fire” and Part One: “Fog,” Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is described as having a hideous face and hangs from a cord above Cassandra’s bed in the Prologue: “Fire”?
(a) A gold donkey
(b) A silver dragon
(c) A ruby cat
(d) A brass monkey
2. The legend on the puppet cart of Grisini’s says “The Phenomenal Professor Grisini and his” what?
(a) Venetian Fantoccini
(b) Magnificent Puppets
(c) Muppet Masterpiece
(d) Marionettes of Wonder
3. Where had Clara first encountered Grisini’s puppet-stage, according to the narrator in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 1?
(a) Central Park
(b) Prospect Park
(c) Hyde Park
(d) Dover Park
4. How many years ago had Grisini warned Cassandra of the phoenix-stone’s powers, according to the narrator in the Prologue: “Fire”?
(a) 22 years ago
(b) 31 years ago
(c) 12 years ago
(d) 37 years ago
5. What color hair is Lizzie Rose described as having in the narrative?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of gemstone is the phoenix-stone said to be in the Prologue: “Fire”?
2. Of Cassandra, the narrator says in the Prologue: “Fire,” “Now that she had reached the end of her life, she was a child again and feared” what?
3. What ailment did Clara’s siblings die from?
4. What is the name of the housemaid that comes to awaken Clara on her birthday in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 1?
5. What is the name of the landlady’s spaniel that Lizzie Rose frequently feeds in Part One: “Fog”?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)