|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue: “Fire” and Part One: “Fog,” Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of gemstone is the phoenix-stone said to be in the Prologue: “Fire”?
(a) A sapphire
(b) A diamond
(c) A fire opal
(d) A ruby
2. What traditional, popular English puppet show does the housemaid suggest should be enough for Clara in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 1?
(a) Sir Camelot
(b) Punch and Judy
(c) Sesame Street
(d) The Royal Marionettes
3. How many years ago did Grisini take Parsefall from a workhouse, according to the narrator in Part One: “Fog”?
(a) 7 years ago
(b) 3 years ago
(c) 5 years ago
(d) 2 years ago
4. What year is noted in the opening of Part One: “Fog”?
5. Where has Clara’s governess gone to visit her sister on the morning of Clara’s birthday party?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 1, Clara considers that if it is too foggy, Grisini might not come and that her birthday “would be like all the others, with a trip” where “in the morning”?
2. Where had Cassandra and Grisini been when Grisini warned Cassandra of the powers of the phoenix-stone, according to the narrator in the Prologue: “Fire”?
3. How many children have been invited to Clara’s birthday party in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 1?
4. What is the name of Clara’s governess in the novel?
5. What gemstone is on the locket that Clara’s parents give her for her birthday present in the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)