|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue: “Fire” and Part One: “Fog,” Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it said to be when Clara awakens on her birthday in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 1?
2. Where has Clara’s governess gone to visit her sister on the morning of Clara’s birthday party?
3. What color hair is Lizzie Rose described as having in the narrative?
4. What is Grisini’s full name said to be in the Prologue: “Fire”?
5. What gemstone is on the locket that Clara’s parents give her for her birthday present in the beginning of the novel?
(a) A ruby
(b) An emerald
(c) An opal
(d) A sapphire
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the housemaid that comes to awaken Clara on her birthday in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 1?
2. What season is noted in the opening of Part One: “Fog”?
3. What traditional, popular English puppet show does the housemaid suggest should be enough for Clara in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 1?
4. What is the name of Clara’s governess in the novel?
5. What does Cassandra hit with the mirror instead of the phoenix-stone in the end of the Prologue: “Fire”?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)