|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue: “Fire” and Part One: “Fog,” Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The children that are coming to Clara’s birthday party in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 1 are said to be the children of her parents’ friends who live where?
(a) Chester Square
(b) The West End
(c) Greenwich Village
(d) The Upper East Side
2. What month is it said to be when Clara awakens on her birthday in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 1?
3. What season is noted in the opening of Part One: “Fog”?
4. What kind of gemstone is the phoenix-stone said to be in the Prologue: “Fire”?
(a) A fire opal
(b) A ruby
(c) A diamond
(d) A sapphire
5. What traditional, popular English puppet show does the housemaid suggest should be enough for Clara in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 1?
(a) The Royal Marionettes
(b) Punch and Judy
(c) Sir Camelot
(d) Sesame Street
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Cassandra and Grisini been when Grisini warned Cassandra of the powers of the phoenix-stone, according to the narrator in the Prologue: “Fire”?
2. What word from the Prologue: “Fire” refers to a delicate ornamental work of fine silver, gold, or other metal wires, especially lacy jewelers' work of scrolls and arabesques?
3. What does Cassandra hit with the mirror instead of the phoenix-stone in the end of the Prologue: “Fire”?
4. At what time are the guests to arrive for Clara’s birthday party in the beginning of the novel?
5. What gemstone is on the locket that Clara’s parents give her for her birthday present in the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)