|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: “Ice,” Chapters 39-46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is said to have gone missing in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 8?
(c) Mrs. Wintermute
(d) Dr. Wintermute
2. During their argument in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 40, Dr. Wintermute suggests to his wife that their daughter might still be there if she hadn’t what?
(a) Forced her into child labor
(b) Coddled her so incessantly
(c) Forced her to grieve for so long
(d) Been so cruel and abusive to her
3. Who does Dr. Wintermute witness trying to force himself on Lizzie Rose in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 26?
(b) Constable Hawkins
(d) Mr. Pinchbeck
4. In Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 27, Lizzie Rose waits for Parsefall in order to warn him not to do what?
(a) Go to talk to the police
(b) Go to look for Grisini
(c) Go to the Wintermute estate
(d) Go back to the boarding house
5. What season is noted in the opening of Part One: “Fog”?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lizzie Rose pack her belongings in, in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 27?
2. What ailment does Mrs. Pinchbeck appear to suffer from in the novel?
3. When Clara attempts to communicate a warning to Lizzie Rose and Parsefall in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 33, she imagines herself in Parsefall’s dreams. In the dream, Clara sees Parsefall as he mourns for whom?
4. What does Lizzie Rose agree to do with Parsefall in order to appease him in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 41?
5. Parsefall is so impressed by the puppetry show in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 21 that after the show he goes backstage for what reason?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)