|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: “Ice,” Chapters 29-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Clara lead Parsefall when he looks for a safe place to sleep in Part Two: “Ice,” Chapter 33?
(a) Cassandra’s room
(b) The tower
(c) The basement
(d) The kitchen
2. What is the title of Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 27?
(a) The Streets
(c) The Legacy
(d) A Member of the Audience
3. When Cassandra looks into her mirror in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 7, she sees the faces of how many women?
4. How did Grisini arrive at Cassandra’s estate, according to the narrator in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 19?
(a) By airplane
(b) By train
(c) By car
(d) By bus
5. What kind of gemstone is the phoenix-stone said to be in the Prologue: “Fire”?
(a) A sapphire
(b) A ruby
(c) A fire opal
(d) A diamond
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cassandra hit with the mirror instead of the phoenix-stone in the end of the Prologue: “Fire”?
2. What word from Part One: “Fog” refers to meat cartilage?
3. Mrs. Pinchbeck tells Lizzie Rose and Parsefall that they can stay with her under what condition in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 16?
4. The letter that Lizzie Rose finds while mending clothes for Mrs. Pinchbeck’s stepson in Part One: “Fog,” Chapter 24 is addressed to whom?
5. What is the name of the landlady to Grisini and his wards in London?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)