|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Detective Newburg call Armpit?
(a) Two days after he talks with Kaira.
(b) While he is talking with Kaira.
(c) She has not called him back.
(d) Just after he hangs up from talking with Kaira.
2. Who takes Armpit to the hotel?
(b) He walks.
(c) Ginny's mother lets him borrow her car.
(d) His mom.
3. What does Newburg want with Armpit?
(a) To tell him that he is a suspect in the scalping situation.
(b) For him to come down to the station.
(c) To say they have found who cheated him.
(d) To ask him the name of the scalper again.
4. What does El Genius get out of Armpit's room?
(a) The letter from Kaira.
(b) A cd that Kaira signs.
(c) Get some hair and a bandaid with blood on it.
5. What is on the cheese platter that El Genius takes?
(b) A few crackers.
(c) A knife.
(d) A slice of cheese.
6. Why does Armpit buy a sweatshirt?
(a) To stay warm in the cool San Francisco air.
(b) As a souvenir of his trip.
(c) For Kaira.
(d) For Ginny.
7. How does Armpit describe the seller of the tickets?
(a) A woman in her 30s with dyed orange hair.
(b) An overweight Iranian named Habib.
(c) An older white man with a pockmarked face.
(d) A young woman with tattoos on her arms.
8. What does El Genius ask Armpit to do?
(a) Tell him Armpit's parents' name.
(b) Swing a baseball bat.
(c) Have a swig of whiskey.
(d) Hold a picture on the wall to hang it.
9. What does X-Ray reveal about himself to Armpit's boss?
(a) X-Ray came from the same correction center.
(b) His grandfather was a painter and taught him a great deal about painting.
(c) X-Ray is working on his electrician's journeyman's license.
(d) His father was a plumber and he helped him all the time.
10. What is X-Ray prepared to do?
(a) Come clean with Newburg.
(b) Accept the consequences of his actions.
(c) Leave town.
(d) Keep quiet.
11. What happens to El Genius?
(a) He flees the country.
(b) He is questioned and released.
12. What does Armpit order at a coffee shop?
(a) Plain coffee.
(c) Hot Chocolate.
13. What message does Kaira leave Armpit.
(a) She is saving him a place backstage.
(b) She will write another letter to help his friend.
(c) She is sorry for behaving so badly.
(d) She never wants to see him again.
14. Through whom does the suspect say he met Armpit?
(a) Kaira's stepfather.
15. What does Armpit hear Kaira sing on the radio one day?
(a) About trust.
(b) About small steps.
(c) About honesty.
(d) About giant steps.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does El Genius get into Armpit's room?
2. Where does Kaira invite Armpit to visit her?
3. What does Kaira pay the cabbie to do?
4. What do Ginny and Armpit's conversation about Kaira reveal?
5. Why is Kaira crying in the shower?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)