|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how much has X-Ray advertised the tickets?
2. What is Kaira's reaction to the mention of Dylan and Joplin?
(a) She says she loves Dylan but has not heard of Joplin.
(b) She hates both of the singers' voices.
(c) She says she loves Joplin but has not heard of Dylan.
(d) She does not know who they are.
3. What happens on the way home from school to Armpit?
(a) A man crosses the street to avoid him.
(b) He encounters his cousin.
(c) He hears that there are too many concert tickets.
(d) He slips and twists his ankle.
4. What does Armpit convince X-Ray to do?
(a) To stop doing illegal scalping.
(b) To let him have the tickets.
(c) To go with them to the concert.
(d) To sell him the tickets for what they paid for them.
5. What are Armpit and X-Ray doing at the opening of Chapter 5?
(a) Counting the money they have already made.
(b) Getting ready to go inside to the concert.
(c) Standing in line for Kaira DeLeon tickets.
(d) Arguing about selling drugs.
6. About what are the two arguing?
(a) Whether Kaira should have sung the Joplin number.
(b) About putting on another show the next evening.
(c) About leaving that night for the next show.
(d) Why Kaira did not sing the Joplin number as planned.
7. Who are Felix and Moses?
(a) Professional scalpers.
(b) X-Ray's cousins.
(c) Armpit's cousins.
(d) Two guys from Armpit's class at school.
8. What does Armpit think about as he eats his lunch?
(a) He wishes he could go to college.
(b) He has made back all his money.
(c) He doesn't want to do anything else illegal.
(d) He wishes he could go to the Kaira concert.
9. What do Ginny and Armpit purchase before making their way to their seats?
(a) A pair of cheap opera glasses.
(b) Popcorn and drinks.
(c) A cd of Kaira's songs.
(d) 3-D glasses.
10. How is Kaira attired?
(a) In a long dress.
(b) In jeans and sequined blouse.
(c) In a warm-up suit.
(d) In a mini-skirt and boots.
11. How does Kaira feel when the band plays Joplin's music?
(a) She thinks Joplin is screaming too loudly.
(b) She says it's not her kind of music.
(c) A connection to Joplin's emotional voice.
(d) She doesn't understand Joplin's singing style.
12. Armpit is reluctant to let go of ______________.
(a) His dead brother's music collection.
(b) His mother's few possessions.
(c) Cash he has saved.
(d) His newfound self respect.
13. Why does X-Ray say he needs more money from Armpit?
(a) To buy up a large amount of weed.
(b) To cover the service charge on the tickets.
(c) He doesn't say why.
(d) To cover the bribe to a cop.
14. Where does Kaira suggest Ginny watch the concert?
(a) From backstage.
(b) From the front row.
(c) From a special room with a t.v.
(d) Kaira does not talk to Ginny.
15. What is different about Kaira's show that night?
(a) She remembers the words perfectly.
(b) She seems more at peace.
(c) She sings much more passionately than usual.
(d) She seems to really want the audience to enjoy themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What insight does Armpit gain in his talking with Felix?
2. What does Kaira ask Armpit?
3. What does Armpit say he'll never do again?
4. What does Kaira hope about Aileen?
5. What does X-Ray warn Armpit to do?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)