|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kaira look at Aileen intently when they stop?
(a) For signs that she is unhappy being married to El Genius.
(b) For signs of illness.
(c) Kaira actually avoids Aileen when they stop.
(d) For signs of betrayal.
2. Who are Felix and Moses?
(a) Professional scalpers.
(b) Two guys from Armpit's class at school.
(c) Armpit's cousins.
(d) X-Ray's cousins.
3. How does Kaira feel when the band plays Joplin's music?
(a) She doesn't understand Joplin's singing style.
(b) She thinks Joplin is screaming too loudly.
(c) She says it's not her kind of music.
(d) A connection to Joplin's emotional voice.
4. What gives Armpit great satisfaction that afternoon?
(a) Making Ginny laugh.
(b) Growing some squash.
(c) Pulling a plant out of the ground.
(d) Having a good conversation with his father.
5. What insight does Armpit gain in his talking with Felix?
(a) Felix is the real entrepreneur.
(b) Armpit does not need X-Ray.
(c) Armpit's father's job is a dead end.
(d) How the economic process works.
6. What does the security guard ask of Armpit?
(b) To see his tickets.
(c) To take off his hat.
(d) To bring Ginny closer to the front.
7. What does Tatiana tell Armpit?
(a) He is cute.
(b) He has great potential.
(c) He gave the best speech.
(d) He is very kind.
8. What does Armpit want to borrow from Ginny?
(a) Photo of Kaira.
(d) Stuffed toy.
9. What does Kaira hope about Aileen?
(a) She will agree to trying out Joplin's style.
(b) She starts feeling better and can start driving Karia's bus again.
(c) She is having an affair with El Genius.
(d) She will divorce El Genius.
10. Who ends up buying the tickets?
(a) No one.
(b) A white woman.
(c) Several black men.
(d) Four female teenagers.
11. What do the guards accuse Armpit of doing?
(b) Giving Ginny drugs.
(c) Stealing the refreshments.
(d) Being stupid.
12. How does Kaira preface one of songs?
(a) With a dedication to her deceased father.
(b) With a commentary about her feelings about men.
(c) With her farewell to the music business.
(d) With a dedication to Ginny.
13. What has one customer offered for the last two tickets?
14. What is X-Ray's plans for making money?
(a) Drug dealing.
(b) Fencing stolen electonics.
(c) Ticket scalping.
(d) Selling hot car parts.
15. Who brings Armpit and Ginny something to drink?
(a) A barmaid.
(b) One of the band members.
(c) Kaira's mother.
(d) A technician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Theodore bitten by in the armpit?
2. What are Armpit and X-Ray doing at the opening of Chapter 5?
3. What does Kaira say to the audience about Ginny and Armpit?
4. Why is Armpit disappointed after the last two campaign speeches?
5. How does Armpit do on his economics exam?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)