|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kaira's reaction to the mention of Dylan and Joplin?
(a) She says she loves Joplin but has not heard of Dylan.
(b) She says she loves Dylan but has not heard of Joplin.
(c) She hates both of the singers' voices.
(d) She does not know who they are.
2. What does Kaira say to the audience about Ginny and Armpit?
(a) Armpit was kind to bring Ginny to the show.
(b) The police brutalized Armpit just because of his race.
(d) A lowlife scalper sold them forged tickets.
3. What does the Mayor suggest about the police behavior?
(a) It was expected.
(b) It was appropriate.
(c) It was racially motivated.
(d) It was excessive.
4. Why are there several street people waiting in the line to buy tickets?
(a) They have been hired by professional scalpers.
(b) They have been given complimentary tickets.
(c) They are hoping someone will give them tickets.
(d) They are panhandling.
5. What does Armpit say he'll never do again?
(a) Trust Ginny to keep her mouth closed.
(b) Take Ginny to a concert.
(c) See Kaira.
(d) Go to a correctional facility.
6. How does Ginny react to Coo's loss?
7. Why does Armpit decide to take Ginny to the concert?
(a) To cheer her up.
(b) To be able to use the last two unsold tickets.
(c) To see Karia.
(d) Tatiana backs out at the last minute.
8. What does Armpit convince X-Ray to do?
(a) To sell him the tickets for what they paid for them.
(b) To let him have the tickets.
(c) To go with them to the concert.
(d) To stop doing illegal scalping.
9. Who takes Armpit and Ginny to another place to watch the show?
(a) The Mayor.
(b) El Genius.
10. Who is Murdock?
(a) A cop.
(b) A teacher at school.
(c) The restaurant owner.
(d) The drummer in Kaira's band.
11. What was Theodore bitten by in the armpit?
(a) A spider.
(b) A mosquito.
(c) A wasp.
(d) A scorpion.
12. Who are Felix and Moses?
(a) Professional scalpers.
(b) Two guys from Armpit's class at school.
(c) X-Ray's cousins.
(d) Armpit's cousins.
13. What did the guys who wanted the tickets bring?
(a) A check.
(b) A cop.
(c) A counter offer.
(d) A money order.
14. To what do Armpit and Mayor Ane dance?
(a) A rock band.
(c) The radio.
(d) Another guy playing the banjo.
15. What does Kaira want when she calls Armpit?
(a) Invites him to lunch.
(b) To ask his impression of the Joplin song.
(c) She does not call him.
(d) To ask Armpit about where Ginny lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Armpit disappointed after the last two campaign speeches?
2. What does Ginny's mother say to Armpit's mother?
3. What happens when Armpit tries to buy a newspaper?
4. Why does Kaira look at Aileen intently when they stop?
5. How many steps does the narrator describe that Theodore needs to take to change his life?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)