|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sir William Erskine?
(a) The Spanish advisor to the British.
(b) Sharpe's commanding officer.
(c) An acquaintance of Wellington's.
(d) The commander of the siege troops at Almeida.
2. Where is the item Harper picked up at after the battle?
(a) He left it in a French soldier.
(b) He lost it at the surgeon's area.
(c) In a puddle of blood.
(d) It is under a rock.
3. Why are the two soldiers with Tarrant assigned to him?
(a) They are both company clerks.
(b) They are injured.
(c) They are his nephews.
(d) They are masters at tactics.
4. What is the only choice left for the British to retreat?
(a) There are no choices for retreat.
(b) A narrow bridge.
(c) Taking Almeida.
(d) Going through a heavy growth forest.
5. Why is Sharpe feeling bitter and defeated after the first battle at the village?
(a) He thinks the British are going to lose.
(b) Facing the court of inquiry.
(c) He has killed so many young men that day.
(d) He wants to quit the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kiely do when he learns about the change in his life?
2. What does Hogan throw into Kiely's grave?
3. What do Wellington and Hogan decide about Sharpe?
4. Why do some of the soldiers prowl through the bodies after the battle?
5. What does Sharpe tell Donaju to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Hogan and Wellington decide about Sharpe and the battle at Isidoro?
2. What does Hogan tell Wellington about the French and Almeida?
3. What do the French do at the church in Nave de Haver?
4. What do Hogan and Wellington talk about as far as Almeida is concerned?
5. What do Sharpe and Hogan agree on after Sharpe shoots Sarsfield and what do they do?
6. Why is Sharpe being subjected to a board of inquiry?
7. How do Sharpe and his men help the southern troops?
8. How does Sharpe kill Loup and how is Sharpe wounded?
9. What is Kiely's reaction to Juanita being caught by Sharpe?
10. What does Hogan say to Sharpe about letting Juanita go free?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)