|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe ask Runciman?
(a) If he wants to go back farther from the fighting.
(b) If he wants to beat the court of inquiry.
(c) If he will tell Donaju to take the Real Compañía Irlandesa behind French lines.
(d) If he is ready to die.
2. How would Wellington withdraw if he lost at Almeida?
(a) He would be caught with the ocean at his back.
(b) Into the mountains.
(c) Across a deep river.
(d) Across a narrow bridge spanning a rocky canyon.
3. What did Hogan know about Juanita?
(a) She was an undercover British agent.
(b) She was not distributing the newspapers.
(c) She was not working with Ducos.
(d) She was sleeping with Sharpe.
4. Where does Sharpe go after leaving Wellington?
(a) Behind the Highlanders.
(b) To the slope where the French are pushing.
(c) To the command center in the village.
(d) To the village towards the Wolf Brigade.
5. What message is sent to Massena from the French dragoons?
(a) All of the people in Nave de Haver are now prisoners.
(b) There were no Spanish partisans in Nave de Haver.
(c) They are heading for Poco Velha.
(d) They are staying in Nave de Haver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Donaju ask Sharpe about Kiely's suicide?
2. Where do Sharpe and Loup meet to fight?
3. Where do some of the people from Nave de Haver flee?
4. What is the only choice left for the British to retreat?
5. Why has Massena given Loup the orders he gave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Loup do when he and his men first arrive at the village and what does he see that makes him disregard his assignment from Massena? What does he disregard his assignment?
2. How does Sharpe, Runciman, and the Real Compañía Irlandesa get involved in the battle for Fuentes de Onoro?
3. Who are the three soldiers in charge of ammunition distribution? Why are two of the soldiers on that duty and what are their names?
4. Why is Sharpe being subjected to a board of inquiry?
5. What is Wellington doing when he realizes he has made a mistake, and what is that mistake?
6. What does Hogan tell Wellington about the French and Almeida?
7. What do the French do at the church in Nave de Haver?
8. How does Massena react to the southern troops joining the northern ones and what does Wellington do after the army is reunited?
9. How do Sharpe and his men help the southern troops?
10. How does Sharpe kill Loup and how is Sharpe wounded?
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)