|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe do when the young lieutenant is shot?
(a) Withdraws the lieutenant's men.
(b) Goes and gets the colonel.
(c) Regroup the men.
(d) Has Harper take him to the surgeon's area.
2. What does Tarrant tell Sharpe he has heard about?
(a) Sharpe's court of inquiry.
(b) That Loup is dead.
(c) That the young lieutenant died.
(d) How Sharpe fought in the battle.
3. Why does Sharpe gasp as he is watching the battle with Wellington?
(a) He sees the grey wolf banner.
(b) He sees some of his greencoats being ambushed.
(c) He sees the young lieutenant overrun.
(d) He sees Juanita.
4. What is different about the way the Highlanders and the 88th. Irish attack the French on the slopes?
(a) They are rolling boulders before them.
(b) They do it in utter silence.
(c) They have not fixed bayonets.
(d) They do not stop for a customery volley first.
5. What does Sarsfield do after Hogan talks to him?
(a) Hit him in the face.
(b) Knock him in the grave.
(c) Pulls out a loaded pistol.
(d) Spit on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe tell Donaju to do?
2. Why is Sharpe feeling bitter and defeated after the first battle at the village?
3. What does Tarrant call the two soldiers with him?
4. What do the French dragoons do when they come through Nave de Haver the morning after the truce?
5. What does Wellington abandon when his forces are united?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harper's superstitious action turn out?
2. What do Sharpe and Hogan agree on after Sharpe shoots Sarsfield and what do they do?
3. What does Sharpe do when he hears Loup shouting out commands in the battle and what do the soldiers around them do?
4. What does Hogan tell Wellington about the French and Almeida?
5. How does Hogan set up confronting Father Sarsfield?
6. What do the French do at the church in Nave de Haver?
7. What does Hogan say to Sharpe about letting Juanita go free?
8. What do Hogan and Wellington decide about Sharpe and the battle at Isidoro?
9. Why do the French call a temporary truce and what do two French and British officers do during the truce?
10. What do Sharpe and Donaju talk about while Sharpe is cutting his own hair?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)