|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse do Sharpe and Harper use to go to the village?
(a) See if the troops are in position.
(b) See if the troops need ammunition.
(c) See where to position his greencoats.
(d) Find out if the colonel wants his greencoats now.
2. Why does Sharpe gasp as he is watching the battle with Wellington?
(a) He sees the grey wolf banner.
(b) He sees Juanita.
(c) He sees some of his greencoats being ambushed.
(d) He sees the young lieutenant overrun.
3. What part of his army did Wellington send south?
(a) The 307th. greencoat battalion.
(b) The Warwicks and the Highlanders.
(c) The fifth division.
(d) The seventh division.
4. Why has Massena given Loup the orders he gave?
(a) In hopes that Loup will be killed.
(b) To give Loup an opportunity for glory.
(c) To save his men for the final push.
(d) To keep him out of battle.
5. What does Sharpe ask Runciman?
(a) If he wants to beat the court of inquiry.
(b) If he is ready to die.
(c) If he wants to go back farther from the fighting.
(d) If he will tell Donaju to take the Real Compañía Irlandesa behind French lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hogan do on the way to Kiely's burial?
2. What does Hogan tell Wellington about the French forces?
3. About what does Sharpe lecture Donaju?
4. Why does the person in question #130 blame San Isidoro on Sharpe?
5. Why did people in the era of Sharpe's Battle pay money to insane asylums?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Massena react to the southern troops joining the northern ones and what does Wellington do after the army is reunited?
2. How does Sharpe, Runciman, and the Real Compañía Irlandesa get involved in the battle for Fuentes de Onoro?
3. What does Hogan say to Sharpe about letting Juanita go free?
4. What do Hogan and Wellington decide about Sharpe and the battle at Isidoro?
5. What does Loup do when he and his men first arrive at the village and what does he see that makes him disregard his assignment from Massena? What does he disregard his assignment?
6. Who and what does Sharpe find at a house in San Cristobal?
7. How are the southern British troops threatened and what do they do about it?
8. What does Hogan say to Sarsfield?
9. How does Harper's superstitious action turn out?
10. What type of superstitious action does Harper take?
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)