|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe ask Runciman?
(a) If he wants to go back farther from the fighting.
(b) If he will tell Donaju to take the Real Compañía Irlandesa behind French lines.
(c) If he wants to beat the court of inquiry.
(d) If he is ready to die.
2. What is Sharpe using to look at the French troops?
(b) A telescope.
(c) A pair of glasses.
3. What is different about the way the Highlanders and the 88th. Irish attack the French on the slopes?
(a) They are rolling boulders before them.
(b) They do not stop for a customery volley first.
(c) They have not fixed bayonets.
(d) They do it in utter silence.
4. Why is Massena frustrated with the British troops northward march?
(a) They have taken out much of the French artillery.
(b) He wants to personally kill Wellington.
(c) They block his route to Fuentes de Onoro.
(d) His cavalry cannot attack them.
5. Why would Wellington not march on Badajoz or Cadiz?
(a) If his supplies do not arrive from England.
(b) If the Spanish do not join him.
(c) If Almeida is in the hands of the French.
(d) If he is not head of the allied forces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Sharpe and his riflemen doing when they are moving south?
2. How does Massena feel when the British in the south join the northern force?
3. What does Sharpe say to Hogan about Sarsfield?
4. Who is Sir William Erskine?
5. What does Tarrant say about the French in relationship to his job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Valverde's argument about Sharpe?
2. Who and what does Sharpe find at a house in San Cristobal?
3. How do Sharpe and his men help the southern troops?
4. How does Harper's superstitious action turn out?
5. How does Massena react to the southern troops joining the northern ones and what does Wellington do after the army is reunited?
6. How does the second large battle for Fuentes de Onoro start and which British troops are involved?
7. How does Sharpe, Runciman, and the Real Compañía Irlandesa get involved in the battle for Fuentes de Onoro?
8. Who do Sharpe and Harper join in the first battle for the village and what happens to that person?
9. What do Sharpe and Donaju talk about while Sharpe is cutting his own hair?
10. What is Kiely's reaction to Juanita being caught by Sharpe?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)