|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wellington see when overlooking Fuentes de Onoro?
(a) He cannot see Fuentes de Onoro from where he sits.
(b) Fuentes de Onoro is a smoking shamble.
(c) Spanish residents of Fuentes de Onoro fleeing.
(d) The British army setting up there.
2. Where do some of the people from Nave de Haver flee?
3. When Massena sends in ten fresh battalions what is the fight over?
(a) The French held outskirts of Fuentes de Onoro.
(b) The last few feet of the slope behind Fuentes de Onoro.
(c) The middle o Fuentes de Onoro.
(d) The part of Fuentes de Onoro cut by a stream.
4. What does Loup tell the men about the wounded?
(a) To finish them off with a mercy stroke.
(b) Not to be gentle with them.
(c) To ignore them.
(d) To take them to the waiting French surgeons.
5. What is different about the way the Highlanders and the 88th. Irish attack the French on the slopes?
(a) They have not fixed bayonets.
(b) They do it in utter silence.
(c) They are rolling boulders before them.
(d) They do not stop for a customery volley first.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Sharpe lecture Donaju?
2. What does Sharpe with Father Sarsfield?
3. With what is Sharpe cutting his hair?
4. Who comes down from the heights to support the Scottish hit by a surprise silent attack on Fuentes de Onoro?
5. Where is the item Harper picked up at after the battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Sharpe and Hogan agree on after Sharpe shoots Sarsfield and what do they do?
2. How does Hogan set up confronting Father Sarsfield?
3. What is Valverde's argument about Sharpe?
4. Who and what does Sharpe find at a house in San Cristobal?
5. What do the French do at the church in Nave de Haver?
6. What do Sharpe and Donaju talk about while Sharpe is cutting his own hair?
7. How do Sharpe and his men help the southern troops?
8. What does Loup do when he and his men first arrive at the village and what does he see that makes him disregard his assignment from Massena? What does he disregard his assignment?
9. What do Hogan and Wellington decide about Sharpe and the battle at Isidoro?
10. What does Hogan say to Sharpe about letting Juanita go free?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)