|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Runciman be doing when he leaves Spain?
(a) Resigning from the army.
(b) Heading up the militia.
(c) Going to Portugal.
(d) Taking an admistrative post in London.
2. What do Sharpe and Harper do after the battle at the village?
(a) Get drunk.
(b) Change their uniform.
(c) Go to see Wellington.
(d) Take baths.
3. How does Massena react towards the split British army?
4. Why do some of the soldiers prowl through the bodies after the battle?
(a) To spit on the enemy.
(b) Collecting weapons.
(c) Looking for friends.
(d) Searching for valuables.
5. What does Wellington tell Sharpe as Sharpe is leaving?
(a) He is still on administrative leave.
(b) The prisoners were war criminals.
(c) They don't shoot prisoners so the French won't either.
(d) He has to get the ammunition to the left flank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wellington think about his decision to send part of his army south?
2. Why does Sharpe gasp as he is watching the battle with Wellington?
3. For what is Hogan irritated at Sharpe when Hogan arrives at San Cristobal?
4. What is the only choice left for the British to retreat?
5. Why have the French called an unofficial truce?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Wellington doing when he realizes he has made a mistake, and what is that mistake?
2. What is Valverde's argument about Sharpe?
3. What is Kiely's reaction to Juanita being caught by Sharpe?
4. What does Sharpe do when he hears Loup shouting out commands in the battle and what do the soldiers around them do?
5. What does Hogan say to Sharpe about letting Juanita go free?
6. Why is Wellington enraged with Erkins?
7. Why is Sharpe being subjected to a board of inquiry?
8. Who and what does Sharpe find at a house in San Cristobal?
9. How are the southern British troops threatened and what do they do about it?
10. What do the French do at the church in Nave de Haver?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)