|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarsfield do after Hogan talks to him?
(a) Spit on him.
(b) Knock him in the grave.
(c) Pulls out a loaded pistol.
(d) Hit him in the face.
2. What does Sharpe say about Kiely's suicide?
(a) The men are better off without Kiely.
(b) There are better ways to kill oneself.
(c) It was too bad it did it.
(d) He wouldn't have done it if he'd not gotten drunk.
3. What does Wellington abandon when his forces are united?
(a) The west side of the river.
(b) The roads for withdrawal.
(c) Fuentes de Onoro.
(d) The forest in the east.
4. What does Sharpe do when the young lieutenant is shot?
(a) Has Harper take him to the surgeon's area.
(b) Withdraws the lieutenant's men.
(c) Regroup the men.
(d) Goes and gets the colonel.
5. Why are the two soldiers with Tarrant assigned to him?
(a) They are injured.
(b) They are masters at tactics.
(c) They are his nephews.
(d) They are both company clerks.
6. Why is Massena frustrated with the British troops northward march?
(a) He wants to personally kill Wellington.
(b) They have taken out much of the French artillery.
(c) His cavalry cannot attack them.
(d) They block his route to Fuentes de Onoro.
7. To what staff does Tarrant belong?
(c) Tactics and strategy.
(d) Artillery officer.
8. What does Hogan throw into Kiely's grave?
(a) Kiely's sword.
(b) The coat of arms from the Real Compañía Irlandesa.
(c) Some dirt from Ireland.
(d) A gold cross.
9. What does Sharpe ask Runciman?
(a) If he is ready to die.
(b) If he wants to go back farther from the fighting.
(c) If he wants to beat the court of inquiry.
(d) If he will tell Donaju to take the Real Compañía Irlandesa behind French lines.
10. How does Massena react towards the split British army?
11. What is Father Sarsfield's real name?
(a) Father O'Reefe.
(b) Kevin Connonlly.
(c) Father Mallon.
(d) Paul MacKenzie.
12. Who kills Juanita?
(a) No one.
13. How would Wellington withdraw if he lost at Almeida?
(a) Across a deep river.
(b) He would be caught with the ocean at his back.
(c) Into the mountains.
(d) Across a narrow bridge spanning a rocky canyon.
14. Concerning Father Sarsfield, what have the British been trying to do?
(a) Find him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Find his brother.
(d) Recruit him as a double agent.
15. Where do some of the people from Nave de Haver flee?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of his army did Wellington send south?
2. What does Sharpe with Father Sarsfield?
3. With what is Sharpe cutting his hair?
4. What does Kiely learn when Sharpe returns to San Isidoro?
5. Why does the person in question #130 blame San Isidoro on Sharpe?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)