|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which British troops head north while the French are attacking Fuentes de Onoro in hopes of joining the defense?
(a) The Light Division.
(b) The 307th Rifle Brigade.
(c) There is no one left south of Fuentes de Onoro.
(d) The Highlanders.
2. What does Sarsfield do after Hogan talks to him?
(a) Spit on him.
(b) Pulls out a loaded pistol.
(c) Hit him in the face.
(d) Knock him in the grave.
3. Where is the item Harper picked up at after the battle?
(a) It is under a rock.
(b) He left it in a French soldier.
(c) In a puddle of blood.
(d) He lost it at the surgeon's area.
4. What does Wellington see when overlooking Fuentes de Onoro?
(a) Spanish residents of Fuentes de Onoro fleeing.
(b) Fuentes de Onoro is a smoking shamble.
(c) The British army setting up there.
(d) He cannot see Fuentes de Onoro from where he sits.
5. About what does Donaju complain to Sharpe?
(a) Having the men's muskets taken from them.
(b) Having to guard the ammunition.
(c) Having to take over command.
(d) Not being able to attend Kiely's burial.
6. What does Sharpe say about Kiely's suicide?
(a) It was too bad it did it.
(b) The men are better off without Kiely.
(c) He wouldn't have done it if he'd not gotten drunk.
(d) There are better ways to kill oneself.
7. What do the Spanish say about San Isidoro?
(a) It was too old to be a fort.
(b) Loup would not have attacked if not for Sharpe.
(c) No Spanish were killed there.
(d) Sharpe should have won the battle.
8. What is Sharpe using to look at the French troops?
(b) A telescope.
(c) A pair of glasses.
9. Where do some of the people from Nave de Haver flee?
10. What does Tarrant want Sharpe's greencoats to do?
(a) Join the troops in the south.
(b) Guard the ammunition wagons.
(c) Report to the colonel in charge of defending the village.
(d) Guard Tarrant and his staff.
11. What excuse do Sharpe and Harper use to go to the village?
(a) See where to position his greencoats.
(b) Find out if the colonel wants his greencoats now.
(c) See if the troops are in position.
(d) See if the troops need ammunition.
12. What does Sharpe with Father Sarsfield?
(a) Restrain him.
(b) Talk to him.
(c) Run a bayonet through his leg.
(d) Shoot him.
13. What does Wellington abandon when his forces are united?
(a) The roads for withdrawal.
(b) The forest in the east.
(c) Fuentes de Onoro.
(d) The west side of the river.
14. What does Hogan tell Sharpe about Sharpe's change in status?
(a) Sharpe is being court-martialed.
(b) Sharpe will be attached permanently to the Real Compañía Irlandesa.
(c) Wellington is demoting Sharpe back to enlisted.
(d) Sharpe is on administrative duties.
15. Why are the Spanish partisans in Nave de Haver?
(a) To watch the southern flank of the British army.
(b) To be the first line defense against the cosairs.
(c) To protect their families.
(d) To scout the eastern flank of the French army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why have the French called an unofficial truce?
2. What is Wellington's opinion of Erskine?
3. What is Father Sarsfield's real name?
4. What does Sharpe tell Donaju to do?
5. Who comes down from the heights to support the Scottish hit by a surprise silent attack on Fuentes de Onoro?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)