|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe explain to Tarrant?
(a) That Juanita had carried the false newspapers.
(d) How the French attacked the village.
2. What did Hogan know about Juanita?
(a) She was not working with Ducos.
(b) She was sleeping with Sharpe.
(c) She was an undercover British agent.
(d) She was not distributing the newspapers.
3. About what does Sharpe lecture Donaju?
(a) The men of the Real Compañía Irlandesa not being ready to fight.
(b) The immorality of suicide.
(c) A soldier's duty.
(d) How important ammunition is in battle.
4. What was Hogan's response to Sharpe's comment about Sarsfield?
(a) He disagrees with Sharpe.
(b) He laughs at Sharpe.
(c) He agrees with Sharpe.
(d) He argues with Sharpe.
5. What does Sharpe say to Hogan about Sarsfield?
(a) He liked him.
(b) He was surprised at his behavior.
(c) He was disappointed in him.
(d) He did not trust him.
6. What does Hogan tell Wellington about the French forces?
(a) They are heading towards Madrid.
(b) Several nearby have come together.
(c) They are leaving the area.
(d) They are being loaded on ships.
7. Who comes down from the heights to support the Scottish hit by a surprise silent attack on Fuentes de Onoro?
(a) The Warwicks.
(b) The 307th Rifle Brigade.
(c) The Highlanders.
(d) The close quarters mounted troops.
8. What does Tarrant say about the French in relationship to his job?
(a) He knows the man who holds his position in the French army.
(b) He hopes the French do not have someone as good as him.
(c) He hopes the French do as poor a job.
(d) He thinks the French do not have the equivalent position.
9. Who kills Juanita?
(c) No one.
10. Why are the two soldiers with Tarrant assigned to him?
(a) They are both company clerks.
(b) They are injured.
(c) They are masters at tactics.
(d) They are his nephews.
11. Who are the biggest and most fierce fighters of the French?
(a) The Wolf Brigade.
(b) The cosairs.
(c) The Rangers.
(d) The grenadiers.
12. What do Wellington and Hogan decide about Sharpe?
(a) He will have to be sacrificed.
(b) He will replace Runciman as wagon master.
(c) He is going to be sent to Portugal.
(d) He will be given his own company.
13. What does Hogan tell Sharpe about Sharpe's change in status?
(a) Wellington is demoting Sharpe back to enlisted.
(b) Sharpe is on administrative duties.
(c) Sharpe will be attached permanently to the Real Compañía Irlandesa.
(d) Sharpe is being court-martialed.
14. What is Wellington's opinion of Erskine?
(a) Erskine is corrupte.
(b) Erskine is insane.
(c) Erskine is a double agent.
(d) Erskine is a good soldier.
15. Why does Sharpe gasp as he is watching the battle with Wellington?
(a) He sees Juanita.
(b) He sees the young lieutenant overrun.
(c) He sees some of his greencoats being ambushed.
(d) He sees the grey wolf banner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Massena tell Loup to do when Massena's bluecoats begin to clear the skyline?
2. What does Sharpe say about Kiely's suicide?
3. What does Kiely learn when Sharpe returns to San Isidoro?
4. Who wants to become Generalissimo of Spain?
5. What is the only choice left for the British to retreat?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)