|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sharpe go after leaving Wellington?
(a) To the village towards the Wolf Brigade.
(b) To the command center in the village.
(c) To the slope where the French are pushing.
(d) Behind the Highlanders.
2. Where does Sharpe find Juanita de Elia in San Cristobal?
(a) In a house with chimney smoke.
(b) In the mayor's basement.
(c) In the bath house.
(d) In the stables.
3. What is happening a the church in Nave de Haver when the French dragoons ride into town?
(a) There is a baptism being done.
(b) A mass is just beginning.
(c) There is a wedding going on.
(d) It is empty.
4. What does Sharpe explain to Tarrant?
(a) How the French attacked the village.
(b) That Juanita had carried the false newspapers.
5. What does Sharpe do when the young lieutenant is shot?
(a) Goes and gets the colonel.
(b) Regroup the men.
(c) Has Harper take him to the surgeon's area.
(d) Withdraws the lieutenant's men.
6. What does Loup tell Juanita to do when they reach Fuentes de Onoro?
(a) To go near Massena so she will be protected.
(b) To stay with him.
(c) To stay with the horses.
(d) To sneak around the side and kill Sharpe.
7. What do the Spanish say about San Isidoro?
(a) It was too old to be a fort.
(b) Sharpe should have won the battle.
(c) No Spanish were killed there.
(d) Loup would not have attacked if not for Sharpe.
8. Why would Wellington not march on Badajoz or Cadiz?
(a) If he is not head of the allied forces.
(b) If the Spanish do not join him.
(c) If his supplies do not arrive from England.
(d) If Almeida is in the hands of the French.
9. What are Sharpe and his men doing to aid the troops marching north?
(a) They are interspersed in the troops.
(b) They use caltrops to slow the cavalry.
(c) Killing cavalry officers and horses.
(d) They are not in the south.
10. What do Sharpe and Harper do after the battle at the village?
(a) Get drunk.
(b) Go to see Wellington.
(c) Take baths.
(d) Change their uniform.
11. What does Sharpe tell Donaju to do?
(a) Have some of the greencoats go help the ones being ambushed.
(b) Pull the Real Compañía Irlandesa back from the heights.
(c) Ready the Real Compañía Irlandesa for battle.
(d) Get an ammunition wagon ready to go.
12. What does the person in question #130 have to prove?
(a) That Sharpe is a criminal.
(b) That the Spanish soldiers will not obey the English.
(c) An English should not be in charge of Spaniards.
(d) That Spain can hold its own against the French.
13. Why do some of the soldiers prowl through the bodies after the battle?
(a) To spit on the enemy.
(b) Searching for valuables.
(c) Collecting weapons.
(d) Looking for friends.
14. What does Hogan tell Sharpe about Sharpe's change in status?
(a) Wellington is demoting Sharpe back to enlisted.
(b) Sharpe is on administrative duties.
(c) Sharpe is being court-martialed.
(d) Sharpe will be attached permanently to the Real Compañía Irlandesa.
15. Who is Sir William Erskine?
(a) The Spanish advisor to the British.
(b) The commander of the siege troops at Almeida.
(c) Sharpe's commanding officer.
(d) An acquaintance of Wellington's.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is Sharpe cutting his hair?
2. What do the French dragoons do when they come through Nave de Haver the morning after the truce?
3. What does Wellington see when overlooking Fuentes de Onoro?
4. Where is the item Harper picked up at after the battle?
5. What does Loup tell the men about the wounded?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)