|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Father Sarsfield's real name?
(a) Father O'Reefe.
(b) Father Mallon.
(c) Paul MacKenzie.
(d) Kevin Connonlly.
2. What does Massena tell Loup to do when Massena's bluecoats begin to clear the skyline?
(a) To hit the British on its northern flank.
(b) To push the troops the last few feet up the sloop.
(c) To take the middle of Fuentes de Onoro.
(d) To clear the village of the dead.
3. What does Tarrant say about the French in relationship to his job?
(a) He knows the man who holds his position in the French army.
(b) He thinks the French do not have the equivalent position.
(c) He hopes the French do as poor a job.
(d) He hopes the French do not have someone as good as him.
4. Why is the open plain a bad place for the British to be?
(a) There is no good hiding places.
(b) It opens them up to cavalry attacks.
(c) Artillery can reach them easier.
(d) A fire could annihilate them.
5. What does Harper see lying in the dirt that he picks up?
(a) A bayonet.
(b) A knife.
(c) A rag doll.
(d) A stuffed pony.
6. What was Hogan's response to Sharpe's comment about Sarsfield?
(a) He disagrees with Sharpe.
(b) He argues with Sharpe.
(c) He agrees with Sharpe.
(d) He laughs at Sharpe.
7. What is happening a the church in Nave de Haver when the French dragoons ride into town?
(a) It is empty.
(b) A mass is just beginning.
(c) There is a wedding going on.
(d) There is a baptism being done.
8. What does Tarrant tell Sharpe he has heard about?
(a) That Loup is dead.
(b) That the young lieutenant died.
(c) Sharpe's court of inquiry.
(d) How Sharpe fought in the battle.
9. What did Hogan know about Juanita?
(a) She was sleeping with Sharpe.
(b) She was not distributing the newspapers.
(c) She was an undercover British agent.
(d) She was not working with Ducos.
10. What does Sharpe explain to Tarrant?
(a) How the French attacked the village.
(d) That Juanita had carried the false newspapers.
11. Why did people in the era of Sharpe's Battle pay money to insane asylums?
(a) To have better care for a relative.
(b) As charity giving.
(c) To be able to hire the less insane people for dirty work.
(d) To watch the patients.
12. What does Sharpe say to Hogan about Sarsfield?
(a) He liked him.
(b) He was surprised at his behavior.
(c) He did not trust him.
(d) He was disappointed in him.
13. What does Wellington tell Sharpe as Sharpe is leaving?
(a) He has to get the ammunition to the left flank.
(b) He is still on administrative leave.
(c) They don't shoot prisoners so the French won't either.
(d) The prisoners were war criminals.
14. What is Wellington's opinion of Erskine?
(a) Erskine is a good soldier.
(b) Erskine is insane.
(c) Erskine is a double agent.
(d) Erskine is corrupte.
15. What does Hogan do on the way to Kiely's burial?
(a) Get Father Sarsfield to do the burial.
(b) Stop and have a drink.
(c) Have Harper hide behind a wall near the grave.
(d) Pull Sharpe aside.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do some of the people from Nave de Haver flee?
2. Why does the person in question #130 blame San Isidoro on Sharpe?
3. How many French soldiers are in Almeida?
4. What do the Spanish say about San Isidoro?
5. How would Wellington withdraw if he lost at Almeida?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)