|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sir William Erskine?
(a) The commander of the siege troops at Almeida.
(b) The Spanish advisor to the British.
(c) An acquaintance of Wellington's.
(d) Sharpe's commanding officer.
2. What is Wellington's opinion of Erskine?
(a) Erskine is insane.
(b) Erskine is corrupte.
(c) Erskine is a good soldier.
(d) Erskine is a double agent.
3. Who comes down from the heights to support the Scottish hit by a surprise silent attack on Fuentes de Onoro?
(a) The Warwicks.
(b) The close quarters mounted troops.
(c) The 307th Rifle Brigade.
(d) The Highlanders.
4. What does Sarsfield do after Hogan talks to him?
(a) Spit on him.
(b) Pulls out a loaded pistol.
(c) Knock him in the grave.
(d) Hit him in the face.
5. Why is Sharpe feeling bitter and defeated after the first battle at the village?
(a) He has killed so many young men that day.
(b) Facing the court of inquiry.
(c) He wants to quit the army.
(d) He thinks the British are going to lose.
6. What kind of pace do the troops in the south use to march north?
(a) A pace no army in the known world can match.
(b) They are running in a rout.
(c) A half time jogging pace.
(d) A very slow pace.
7. What does Sharpe think the French will do if the French believe they are surrounded?
(a) They will surrender.
(b) They will bolt.
(c) They will bring in artillery.
(d) They will form up a wedge.
8. How does Massena feel when the British in the south join the northern force?
(d) Smug, it was what he wanted them to do.
9. Why are the two soldiers with Tarrant assigned to him?
(a) They are masters at tactics.
(b) They are injured.
(c) They are his nephews.
(d) They are both company clerks.
10. What does Sharpe explain to Tarrant?
(b) That Juanita had carried the false newspapers.
(c) How the French attacked the village.
11. How would Wellington withdraw if he lost at Almeida?
(a) He would be caught with the ocean at his back.
(b) Across a deep river.
(c) Across a narrow bridge spanning a rocky canyon.
(d) Into the mountains.
12. What does the person in question #130 have to prove?
(a) That Sharpe is a criminal.
(b) An English should not be in charge of Spaniards.
(c) That Spain can hold its own against the French.
(d) That the Spanish soldiers will not obey the English.
13. What does Sharpe with Father Sarsfield?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Talk to him.
(c) Run a bayonet through his leg.
(d) Restrain him.
14. What does Donaju ask Sharpe about Kiely's suicide?
(a) If Father Sarsfield had talked to the men about it.
(b) If Sharpe had heard about it.
(c) If Sharpe knew where Kiely had done it.
(d) If Sharpe knew Kiely was going to do it.
15. Who are the biggest and most fierce fighters of the French?
(a) The Wolf Brigade.
(b) The Rangers.
(c) The grenadiers.
(d) The cosairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Spanish say about San Isidoro?
2. Where is the item Harper picked up at after the battle?
3. With what is Sharpe cutting his hair?
4. What does Loup tell Juanita to do when they reach Fuentes de Onoro?
5. Why would Wellington not march on Badajoz or Cadiz?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)