|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Runciman feel about his new position?
(a) He is angry about it.
(b) He is pleased he was noticed.
(c) He doesn't care one way or the other.
(d) He hates it.
2. How can the British defend the barracks?
(a) From the roof.
(b) Through loopholes.
(c) From the second floor eaves.
(d) Through the windows.
3. How many men desert from the Real Compañía Irlandesa the first night?
4. What does Ducos want to do with Spain?
(a) Decimate it.
(b) Hand it over to Napoleon.
(c) Keep out from under the French.
(d) Become the King of Spain.
5. What do Sharpe and Harper find in other cottages?
(b) Mutilated and tortured Spaniards.
(c) Cowering civilians.
(d) Food and water.
6. What does Sharpe tell Oliveira about the Real Compañía Irlandesa?
(a) That they will be leaving San Isidoro soon.
(b) Why they came to San Isidoro.
(c) That they are probably traitors to Spain.
(d) That they are great soldiers.
7. What does Sharpe do when he gets within a few yards of San Cristobal?
(a) Returns to his men.
(b) Gets up and walks.
(c) Crawls on his belly.
(d) Lays still and observes.
8. Why is Sharpe chastising himself about the battle?
(a) He did not think Loup would attack.
(b) He should have saved more of the Portuguese.
(c) He should have been in the gatehouse.
(d) He did not see what a trap the barracks was.
9. How many of the Officers of the Real Compañía Irlandesa were killed or wounded?
10. What does Ducos think about Loup's capabilities?
(a) He is a great soldier but a poor leader.
(b) He is incompetent.
(c) He is one of the best soldiers and leaders in Spain.
(d) He is a mediocre soldier but good leader.
11. What will Juanita's undercover disguise be?
(a) Lord Kiely's fiance.
(b) Sharpe's cousin.
(c) Loup's mistress.
(d) Hogan's sister.
12. Who talks to Sharpe about a morale problem?
13. What does a look-out spot below them?
(a) A woman who is injured.
(b) A deer.
(c) Two hundred British soldiers.
(d) A French soldier stopping to urinate.
14. What is the name of the Lieutenant who is with Sharpe?
(a) John Murray.
(b) Horace Lipton.
(c) Harry Price.
(d) Stephen Blackman.
15. What does Sharpe, when following Kiely, suggest to Kiely the day after the attack?
(a) That Kiely was very courageous.
(b) That the two of them fight it out.
(c) That Kiely is controlled by his fiance.
(d) That Kiely is unable to function in a real battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe decide to do to the two French prisoners?
2. What does Sharpe leave on the ridge when he orders his men into the village?
3. What are the four French soldiers that ride up to the village carrying?
4. What does Guy Loup demand of Sharpe?
5. About what person does Harper tell a story?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)