|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe stress to Oliveira about Loup?
(a) That he is going to attack San Isidoro.
(b) That Loup hates Sharpe.
(c) That Sharpe has been looking for Loup.
(d) That Loup is a murderer.
2. How much help is Sergeant Harper to Sharpe?
(b) He kills the French officer.
(c) He is a great help.
3. What does Sharpe ask El Castrador to do?
(a) Join them at San Isidoro.
(b) Find out where Loup is located.
(c) Kill and mutilate two deserters.
(d) Get a message to Sharpe's wife.
4. What does Sharpe tell Harper they need to worry about instead of the rumors?
(a) The French attacking Almeida.
(b) Whipping the Real Compañía Irlandesa into shape.
(c) Loup attacking.
(d) Getting weapons for the Real Compañía Irlandesa.
5. Who is with the Portuguese that Sharpe knows?
(a) Sergeant Hagman.
(b) Thomas Garrard.
(c) Paul Morris.
(d) Alane de Camipoelo.
6. What does El Castrador tell Sharpe when he arrives after the battle?
(a) That Loup is holed up in a small village nearby.
(b) That Loup is coming again in two days.
(c) That he has found more deserters.
(d) That he and his men killed forty of Loup's soldiers.
7. What does Kiely have to do before he talks much in the morning?
(a) Eat a large breakfast.
(b) Drink enough alcohol.
(c) Spar with a decent swordsman.
(d) Go to morning prayer.
8. What goes over a cliff in Harper's story?
(a) A lamb.
(b) A horse.
(c) His wagon.
(d) A bullock.
9. What does a look-out spot below them?
(a) A woman who is injured.
(b) A deer.
(c) A French soldier stopping to urinate.
(d) Two hundred British soldiers.
10. What does Guy Loup demand of Sharpe?
(a) The money that was in the village chapel.
(b) His two men.
(c) That Sharpe surrender.
(d) That they fight a duel.
11. What does Hogan tell Sharpe when he comes to San Isidoro?
(a) They are putting the blame on Runciman.
(b) Sharpe will go before a board of inquiry.
(c) Sharpe did well under the circumstances.
(d) Runciman will be executed.
12. How many of the Portuguese battalion survived the attack by Loup?
(a) Only about one fifth.
(b) One half.
(c) About a quarter.
(d) One third.
13. How much notice does Sharpe have that the Portuguese battalion is coming?
(a) A week.
(b) Five days.
(c) Two days.
14. Why does Lord Kiely take offense at Sharpe when they first meet?
(a) Sharpe ordered the soldiers to close ranks.
(b) Sharpe makes a comment about Juanita.
(c) Sharpe tells Kiely to sober up.
(d) Sharpe tells him they look terrible.
15. What does Sharpe leave on the ridge when he orders his men into the village?
(a) Their equipment.
(d) Their horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Lieutenant who is with Sharpe?
2. What does Sharpe decide to do to the two French prisoners?
3. When did Loup kill Oliveira?
4. Who talks to Sharpe about a morale problem?
5. What is Richard Sharpe and his troops' dilemma at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)