|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe leave on the ridge when he orders his men into the village?
(a) Their horses.
(b) Their equipment.
2. Why is Sharpe chastising himself about the battle?
(a) He should have been in the gatehouse.
(b) He did not think Loup would attack.
(c) He should have saved more of the Portuguese.
(d) He did not see what a trap the barracks was.
3. What does Sharpe hear as he is entering San Cristobal?
(a) A woman singing.
(c) Wolves howling.
(d) Horses coming quickly.
4. What does he tell Oliveira to do if Loup attacks?
(a) Go to the barracks.
(b) Go to the hills and flank Loup.
(c) Hold the front gate.
(d) Go to the gatehouse.
5. What does Hogan tell Sharpe when he comes to San Isidoro?
(a) Runciman will be executed.
(b) Sharpe will go before a board of inquiry.
(c) They are putting the blame on Runciman.
(d) Sharpe did well under the circumstances.
6. What are the two keys of Spain, according to the French?
(a) Killing the king and burning Madrid.
(b) Almeida and Badajoz.
(c) Controlling the coast and Almeida.
(d) Badajoz and Ciudad Rodrigo.
7. What do the French do to get to Sharpe's troops?
(a) Demand his surrender.
(b) Hold Oliveira hostage.
(c) Climb the roof.
(d) Set the building on fire.
8. What are the four French soldiers that ride up to the village carrying?
(a) A white flag.
(b) A British standard.
(c) The body of one of Sharpe's riflemen.
9. What does Sharpe tell the men about dead deserters?
(a) Loup is doing that to them.
(b) The Spanish will go after their families also.
(c) The British will execute them.
(d) The Spanish will not tolerate it.
10. Why does Sharpe meet with Colonel Oliveira?
(a) Sharpe is good friends with Oliveira's brother.
(b) Oliveira has information about Loup.
(c) Oliveira is the Portuguese's commander.
(d) Oliveira is the new commander of the Real Compañía Irlandesa.
11. What does Sharpe suggest Donaju do about the rumors?
(a) He call the men into formation and announce they are false.
(b) He go to the British base and interview new Irish arrivals.
(c) He go to the British base and interview new British arrivals.
(d) He should forbid Juanita from talking to the troops.
12. How did Runciman survive the attack?
(a) He was in the stables.
(b) Hiding behind a pile of ammunition.
(c) He was in the gatehouse.
(d) He went into the vegetable cellar.
13. What does Ducos want to do with Spain?
(a) Decimate it.
(b) Hand it over to Napoleon.
(c) Become the King of Spain.
(d) Keep out from under the French.
14. What does Sharpe tell Harper they need to worry about instead of the rumors?
(a) Whipping the Real Compañía Irlandesa into shape.
(b) Loup attacking.
(c) The French attacking Almeida.
(d) Getting weapons for the Real Compañía Irlandesa.
15. What does Donju suggest about the British and the men of the Real Compañía Irlandesa?
(a) They want them to desert.
(b) They want them whipped into shape.
(c) They want them killed.
(d) They want them charged with treason.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Sharpe accuse Loup?
2. How much help is Sergeant Harper to Sharpe?
3. What is the name of the Lieutenant who is with Sharpe?
4. How many men desert from the Real Compañía Irlandesa the first night?
5. Who is with the Portuguese that Sharpe knows?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)