|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does San Cristobal appear when Sharpe arrives there?
(a) Full of Spainish civilians.
(b) As if Loup had burned the place.
(c) Bustling with soldiers.
2. What does Sharpe find out about Kiely when he speaks with him?
(a) He doesn't want to fight the French.
(b) He is a widow.
(c) He has a son in the army.
(d) He really wants to fight the French.
3. What goes over a cliff in Harper's story?
(a) A horse.
(b) A bullock.
(c) A lamb.
(d) His wagon.
4. What does Ducos want to do with Spain?
(a) Decimate it.
(b) Hand it over to Napoleon.
(c) Become the King of Spain.
(d) Keep out from under the French.
5. What does Ducos think about Loup's capabilities?
(a) He is incompetent.
(b) He is a mediocre soldier but good leader.
(c) He is one of the best soldiers and leaders in Spain.
(d) He is a great soldier but a poor leader.
6. What does Guy Loup demand of Sharpe?
(a) That they fight a duel.
(b) His two men.
(c) The money that was in the village chapel.
(d) That Sharpe surrender.
7. How does Runciman feel about his new position?
(a) He hates it.
(b) He is pleased he was noticed.
(c) He is angry about it.
(d) He doesn't care one way or the other.
8. Where does Runciman say he spent some time in the army?
(b) North Africa.
9. When does Ducos point out Guy Loup to Juanita de Elia?
(a) When he is taking the steps into the building.
(b) When he rides into the courtyard.
(c) When he is at a banquet.
(d) When he is in the hallway.
10. What are the two keys of Spain, according to the French?
(a) Badajoz and Ciudad Rodrigo.
(b) Almeida and Badajoz.
(c) Killing the king and burning Madrid.
(d) Controlling the coast and Almeida.
11. What does Hogan tell Sharpe when he comes to San Isidoro?
(a) Sharpe did well under the circumstances.
(b) Sharpe will go before a board of inquiry.
(c) They are putting the blame on Runciman.
(d) Runciman will be executed.
12. What does Sharpe do when he gets within a few yards of San Cristobal?
(a) Returns to his men.
(b) Gets up and walks.
(c) Lays still and observes.
(d) Crawls on his belly.
13. What does Sharpe suggest Donaju do about the rumors?
(a) He should forbid Juanita from talking to the troops.
(b) He go to the British base and interview new Irish arrivals.
(c) He call the men into formation and announce they are false.
(d) He go to the British base and interview new British arrivals.
14. How many of the Officers of the Real Compañía Irlandesa were killed or wounded?
15. What does Sharpe hear as he is entering San Cristobal?
(a) Wolves howling.
(c) Horses coming quickly.
(d) A woman singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Donju suggest about the British and the men of the Real Compañía Irlandesa?
2. What does Sharpe tell Oliveira about the Real Compañía Irlandesa?
3. What position does Pierre Ducos have with the French military?
4. What does Sharpe convince Runciman to do?
5. How does Sharpe feel about Runciman surviving?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)