|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hogan feel about Sharpe's interaction with Kiely?
(c) Not pleased.
2. How many of the Officers of the Real Compañía Irlandesa were killed or wounded?
3. What are the four French soldiers that ride up to the village carrying?
(a) The body of one of Sharpe's riflemen.
(b) A white flag.
(c) A British standard.
4. What are the two Frenchmen in the village doing when Sharpe arrives?
(a) Killing the Spanish men.
(b) Raping a young woman.
(c) Sleeping off a drunk.
(d) Burning the houses.
5. What does Ducos disapprove of as far as soldiers go?
(a) Raping and killing civilians.
(b) Having affairs with their subordinates.
(c) Not following orders.
(d) Private rivalries.
6. What does Sharpe ask El Castrador to do?
(a) Get a message to Sharpe's wife.
(b) Join them at San Isidoro.
(c) Find out where Loup is located.
(d) Kill and mutilate two deserters.
7. How many of the Portuguese battalion survived the attack by Loup?
(a) Only about one fifth.
(b) One half.
(c) One third.
(d) About a quarter.
8. What is the name of the Lieutenant who is with Sharpe?
(a) Harry Price.
(b) Horace Lipton.
(c) Stephen Blackman.
(d) John Murray.
9. How much help is Sergeant Harper to Sharpe?
(a) He is a great help.
(c) He kills the French officer.
10. What does Loup tell Ducos as soon as he meets him?
(a) About Hogan in Madrid.
(b) That he plans to leave Spain.
(c) About the Real Compañía Irlandesa.
(d) About his encounter with Sharpe.
11. What does Ducos think about Loup's capabilities?
(a) He is a mediocre soldier but good leader.
(b) He is one of the best soldiers and leaders in Spain.
(c) He is a great soldier but a poor leader.
(d) He is incompetent.
12. Who commanded the gatehouse not be opened during the attack?
(a) Juanita de Elia.
(b) Lord Kiely.
(c) Captain Eduardo de la Engiesie.
(d) Captain Donaju.
13. What does he tell Oliveira to do if Loup attacks?
(a) Hold the front gate.
(b) Go to the barracks.
(c) Go to the gatehouse.
(d) Go to the hills and flank Loup.
14. What goes over a cliff in Harper's story?
(a) A bullock.
(b) A horse.
(c) A lamb.
(d) His wagon.
15. Why does Sharpe call a formation?
(a) To have an inspection.
(b) To show the consequences of deserting.
(c) To tell them what they are going to do.
(d) To introduce Juanita de Elia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does El Castrador want to know about dead soldier's teeth?
2. What position will Colonel Claud Runciman fill with the Real Compañía Irlandesa?
3. What does Sharpe tell Harper they need to worry about instead of the rumors?
4. What does Kiely have to do before he talks much in the morning?
5. What is El Castrador's response to Sharpe's question?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)