|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hogan feel about Sharpe's interaction with Kiely?
(b) Not pleased.
2. What does Sharpe, when following Kiely, suggest to Kiely the day after the attack?
(a) That Kiely is unable to function in a real battle.
(b) That Kiely was very courageous.
(c) That Kiely is controlled by his fiance.
(d) That the two of them fight it out.
3. How does Kiely's duel with a Frenchman end?
(a) Kiely cuts off the Frenchman's hand.
(b) The Frenchman draws first blood.
(c) Juanita shoots his opponent.
(d) Kiely kills his opponent.
4. What does Loup tell Ducos as soon as he meets him?
(a) About his encounter with Sharpe.
(b) About Hogan in Madrid.
(c) That he plans to leave Spain.
(d) About the Real Compañía Irlandesa.
5. What does Guy Loup demand of Sharpe?
(a) The money that was in the village chapel.
(b) That they fight a duel.
(c) His two men.
(d) That Sharpe surrender.
6. What position will Colonel Claud Runciman fill with the Real Compañía Irlandesa?
(a) Unit commander.
(b) British intelligence officer.
(c) Cavalry officer.
(d) British liaison.
7. What makes Sharpe change his mind about ignoring the small settlement below them?
(a) To see if he can find out the name of the village.
(b) Watching the French leave only fifteen men.
(c) Deciding there might be food there.
(d) Hearing a woman scream.
8. What does Sharpe do as Loup is leaving?
(a) Tells Loup he is going to kill him.
(b) Gives him a two finger salute.
(c) Throws a rock at Loup's horse.
(d) Hits him in the face.
9. What will Juanita's undercover disguise be?
(a) Lord Kiely's fiance.
(b) Loup's mistress.
(c) Sharpe's cousin.
(d) Hogan's sister.
10. What happens to Thompson when he leaves for the latrine?
(a) He trips and falls.
(b) His throat is cut.
(c) He is shot in the head.
(d) He is taken captive.
11. What does Ducos disapprove of as far as soldiers go?
(a) Private rivalries.
(b) Raping and killing civilians.
(c) Having affairs with their subordinates.
(d) Not following orders.
12. What position does Pierre Ducos have with the French military?
(a) Intelligence officer.
(c) Captain of the Corsairs.
(d) Company commander.
13. What does Ducos think about Loup's capabilities?
(a) He is a great soldier but a poor leader.
(b) He is one of the best soldiers and leaders in Spain.
(c) He is incompetent.
(d) He is a mediocre soldier but good leader.
14. What do Sharpe and Harper find in other cottages?
(a) Mutilated and tortured Spaniards.
(b) Cowering civilians.
(d) Food and water.
15. What does Sharpe tell Harper they need to worry about instead of the rumors?
(a) Getting weapons for the Real Compañía Irlandesa.
(b) Loup attacking.
(c) Whipping the Real Compañía Irlandesa into shape.
(d) The French attacking Almeida.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two Frenchmen in the village doing when Sharpe arrives?
2. What does El Castrador tell Sharpe when he arrives after the battle?
3. About what person does Harper tell a story?
4. What does Ducos want to do with Spain?
5. What does Sharpe tell the men about dead deserters?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)