|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary for Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Ducos point out Guy Loup to Juanita de Elia?
(a) When he is taking the steps into the building.
(b) When he rides into the courtyard.
(c) When he is in the hallway.
(d) When he is at a banquet.
2. Why does Lord Kiely take offense at Sharpe when they first meet?
(a) Sharpe ordered the soldiers to close ranks.
(b) Sharpe tells Kiely to sober up.
(c) Sharpe tells him they look terrible.
(d) Sharpe makes a comment about Juanita.
3. What does a look-out spot below them?
(a) Two hundred British soldiers.
(b) A woman who is injured.
(c) A deer.
(d) A French soldier stopping to urinate.
4. What is Richard Sharpe and his troops' dilemma at the beginning of the book?
(a) They are lost.
(b) They have no ammunition.
(c) They are surrounded.
(d) They have no food.
5. Who is the one officer in the Real Compañía Irlandesa that Sharpe respects?
(a) Captain Donaju.
(b) Lieutenant O'Riley.
(c) Captain Olivier.
(d) Major Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men desert from the Real Compañía Irlandesa the first night?
2. Who is El Castrador?
3. Why does Sharpe call a formation?
4. How does de Elia feel towards Loup?
5. What are the two Frenchmen in the village doing when Sharpe arrives?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)