|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ducos think about Loup's capabilities?
(a) He is a great soldier but a poor leader.
(b) He is one of the best soldiers and leaders in Spain.
(c) He is a mediocre soldier but good leader.
(d) He is incompetent.
2. What are the two keys of Spain, according to the French?
(a) Badajoz and Ciudad Rodrigo.
(b) Controlling the coast and Almeida.
(c) Killing the king and burning Madrid.
(d) Almeida and Badajoz.
3. What do Sharpe and Harper find in other cottages?
(a) Cowering civilians.
(c) Food and water.
(d) Mutilated and tortured Spaniards.
4. Where does Runciman say he spent some time in the army?
(b) North Africa.
5. How does Runciman feel about his new position?
(a) He hates it.
(b) He doesn't care one way or the other.
(c) He is angry about it.
(d) He is pleased he was noticed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Pierre Ducos have with the French military?
2. What does Loup tell Ducos as soon as he meets him?
3. What does Sharpe leave on the ridge when he orders his men into the village?
4. What goes over a cliff in Harper's story?
5. Why does Lord Kiely take offense at Sharpe when they first meet?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)