|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two Frenchmen in the village doing when Sharpe arrives?
(a) Sleeping off a drunk.
(b) Raping a young woman.
(c) Killing the Spanish men.
(d) Burning the houses.
2. How does de Elia feel towards Loup?
(a) She despises him.
(b) She is indifferent to him.
(c) She is angry at him.
(d) She is attracted to him.
3. What does Ducos plan to do with the British forces?
(b) Make them think the Spainish king has abdicated to Napoleon.
(c) Have them take the wrong fortress.
(d) Split them along national lines.
4. What does a look-out spot below them?
(a) A deer.
(b) A woman who is injured.
(c) Two hundred British soldiers.
(d) A French soldier stopping to urinate.
5. Why is Father Sarsfield impressed with Sharpe?
(a) Sharpe came up through the ranks.
(b) Sharpe is known as a famous swordsman.
(c) Sharpe can pick locks.
(d) Sharpe has captured a French eagle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Lieutenant who is with Sharpe?
2. What is Richard Sharpe and his troops' dilemma at the beginning of the book?
3. What makes Sharpe change his mind about ignoring the small settlement below them?
4. Why will de Elia be meeting Loup?
5. Why does Lord Kiely take offense at Sharpe when they first meet?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)