|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary for Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Runciman feel about his new position?
(a) He doesn't care one way or the other.
(b) He hates it.
(c) He is angry about it.
(d) He is pleased he was noticed.
2. What does Kiely say is the reason men desert?
(a) They are afraid to die.
(b) They are not fighting enough.
(c) They don't like the army food.
(d) They are bored and feel under-valued.
3. How much help is Sergeant Harper to Sharpe?
(b) He is a great help.
(c) He kills the French officer.
4. What does Kiely say about the status of his soldiers?
(a) They are lazy.
(b) They want to go home.
(c) They are out of practice.
(d) They are incompetent but try hard.
5. Why will de Elia be meeting Loup?
(a) She is to marry him.
(b) She is supposed to kill him.
(c) She knows his brother.
(d) She will be working with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Sharpe change his mind about ignoring the small settlement below them?
2. How does Sharpe feel about the Real Compañía Irlandesa when he first meets them?
3. What are the two Frenchmen in the village doing when Sharpe arrives?
4. What goes over a cliff in Harper's story?
5. What does Loup tell Ducos as soon as he meets him?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)