|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary for Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Sharpe change his mind about ignoring the small settlement below them?
(a) Hearing a woman scream.
(b) To see if he can find out the name of the village.
(c) Deciding there might be food there.
(d) Watching the French leave only fifteen men.
2. What are the four French soldiers that ride up to the village carrying?
(a) A white flag.
(c) A British standard.
(d) The body of one of Sharpe's riflemen.
3. Why was Sharpe able to get El Castrador to see him?
(a) El Castrador heard Loup was angry at Sharpe.
(b) Sharpe promised El Castrador new weapons.
(c) Sharpe knows the second in command.
(d) El Castrador knows Sharpe's wife.
4. What goes over a cliff in Harper's story?
(a) A bullock.
(b) A lamb.
(c) His wagon.
(d) A horse.
5. What does Sharpe tell the men about dead deserters?
(a) The British will execute them.
(b) Loup is doing that to them.
(c) The Spanish will go after their families also.
(d) The Spanish will not tolerate it.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Ducos point out Guy Loup to Juanita de Elia?
2. What position will Colonel Claud Runciman fill with the Real Compañía Irlandesa?
3. What do Sharpe and Harper find in other cottages?
4. What position does Pierre Ducos have with the French military?
5. What does Ducos plan to do with the British forces?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)