|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person in question #130 have to prove?
(a) That the Spanish soldiers will not obey the English.
(b) An English should not be in charge of Spaniards.
(c) That Sharpe is a criminal.
(d) That Spain can hold its own against the French.
2. How many of the Portuguese battalion survived the attack by Loup?
(a) Only about one fifth.
(b) One half.
(c) One third.
(d) About a quarter.
3. What does Sharpe convince Runciman to do?
(a) Appropriate some muskets for the Real Compañía Irlandesa.
(b) Get more ammunition.
(c) Get better food for the troops.
(d) Have the general inspect the troops.
4. What does Sharpe tell the men about dead deserters?
(a) The Spanish will go after their families also.
(b) Loup is doing that to them.
(c) The Spanish will not tolerate it.
(d) The British will execute them.
5. What does Kiely say is the reason men desert?
(a) They are bored and feel under-valued.
(b) They don't like the army food.
(c) They are not fighting enough.
(d) They are afraid to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hogan throw into Kiely's grave?
2. What does Sharpe find out about Kiely when he speaks with him?
3. What happened to the gatehouse where the Real Compañía Irlandesa officers were billeted?
4. How does Sharpe feel about Runciman surviving?
5. What does El Castrador tell Sharpe when he arrives after the battle?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)