|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What verbally abusive name does Augusten call Neil Bookman after their sexual encounter?
(a) A dog.
(b) A pig.
(c) A cow.
(d) A chicken.
2. Which of these events do NOT occur when Augusten is skipping school?
(a) Augusten writes in his journal.
(b) Augusten plays chess.
(c) Augusten goes to see movies.
(d) Augusten goes shopping.
3. What does Agnes begin to do compulsively as a means of coping with her husband's antics?
(a) Wash laundry.
4. How much money did Natalie receive from Terrance Maxwell after taking him to court?
(a) 10 thousand dollars.
(b) 75 thousand dollars.
(c) 100 thousand dollars.
5. How much money does Augusten borrow from his mother before he leaves her house in Chapter 7?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
6. Who is Troy?
(a) Augusten's brother.
(b) Augusten's friend.
(c) Augusten's lover.
(d) Augusten's cousin.
7. What type of poetry does Deirdre write?
(b) Confessional poetry.
(c) Love poems.
8. How does Deirdre react to Augusten's relationship with Neil Bookman?
(a) She is outraged by it.
(b) She is apathetic to it.
(c) She supports it.
(d) She is disgusted by it.
9. Who is Jeff?
(a) Dr. Finch's mistress.
(b) Dr. Finch's neighbor.
(c) Dr. Finch's son.
(d) Dr. Finch's patient.
10. What does Troy call Augusten after he fails to understand the complex sound system?
(b) An idiot.
11. Where does Natalie hope to go to college?
(a) Community College.
(b) Boston University.
(c) Smith College.
(d) Yale University.
12. Why do the Burroughs begin to see Dr. Finch?
(a) For Norman's alcoholism.
(b) For marital counseling.
(c) For Augusten's school struggles.
(d) For Deirdre's psychotic episodes.
13. Why does Hope say she isn't married yet?
(a) Because she hasn't found anyone as perfect as her father.
(b) Because she doesn't want a marriage like her parents'.
(c) Because her father has told her no one will want her.
(d) Because her father has banned her from dating.
14. With what does Augusten's mother fashion shoulder pads?
(a) Folded Kleenex.
(b) Balled toilet paper.
(c) Paper towling.
15. What part of the house do the Burroughs have to empty of garbage?
(a) The garage.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea is it for Augusten to fake a suicide?
2. Who takes Augusten to meet Joranne?
3. What does Dr. Finch encourage his family to do to promote mental health?
4. Who does Augusten regret that he cannot tell group therapy about?
5. What does Augusten collect as a form of comfort?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)