|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Augusten confide to Hope that he would like to move?
(c) New York City.
2. What part of the house do the Burroughs have to empty of garbage?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The attic.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The garage.
3. What bad habit does Augusten pick up, replacing his obsession with jewelry?
(d) Chewing tobacco.
4. At the beginning of the book, what is Augusten's mother getting dressed to attend?
(a) A singer-songwriter concert.
(b) A poetry reading.
(c) A socialite dinner.
(d) An art gallery opening.
5. What does Augusten want to take from the dump?
(a) An aluminum folding chair.
(b) A metal hubcap.
(c) A silver serving tray.
(d) A chrome table.
6. Where does Natalie hope to go to college?
(a) Smith College.
(b) Yale University.
(c) Community College.
(d) Boston University.
7. Who does Augusten regret that he cannot tell group therapy about?
(a) Deirdre Burroughs.
(b) Dr. Finch.
(c) Natalie Finch.
(d) Neil Bookman.
8. How is Augusten's father described?
(a) As aloof.
(b) As obese.
(c) As comedic.
(d) As excitable.
9. What does Dr. Finch's grandson do under the grand piano?
10. To whom does Augusten admit his homosexuality?
(d) Dr. Finch.
11. In relationship with Dr. Finch, who is Kate?
(a) One of his neighbors.
(b) One of his patients.
(c) One of his daughters.
(d) One of the protestors to his practice.
12. What keeps Augusten from wanting to attend classes?
(a) His inability to grasp simple academic concepts.
(b) His unseemly hairstyle.
(c) His unfashionable wardrobe.
(d) His lanky limbs.
13. When Augusten visits the band that Troy works for, what is the band doing when he spies on them?
14. What instrument does Dr. Finch play during the family parade?
15. What career path does Natalie encourage Augusten to pursue?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jeff?
2. With whose help does Augusten bash a giant hole in the kitchen ceiling?
3. What does Dr. Finch say that he hopes to remove from sexuality?
4. What professions does Augusten associate with mental illness?
5. What does Augusten believe that the city he hopes to move to represents?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)