|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where, in the small room connected to Dr. Finch's office, is that sleeping person lying?
(a) Leaning against the wall.
(b) On the couch.
(c) On the electroshock table.
(d) On the floor.
2. Why does Hope "Bible-dip"?
(a) To answer her questions.
(b) To clean the pages of the Bible.
(c) To broaden her vocabulary.
(d) To deepen her spirituality.
3. Who does Augusten observe being intimate with his mother in the kitchen?
(a) Mr. Stewart.
(b) Neil Bookman.
(c) Fern Stewart.
(d) Dr. Finch.
4. What is the name of Dr. Finch's grandson?
(c) Poo Bear.
5. What instrument does Dr. Finch play during the family parade?
6. What does Augusten believe that the city he hopes to move to represents?
7. What is Kate's profession?
(a) She is a cosmetologist.
(b) She is a botonist.
(c) She is an astrologist.
(d) She is a psychologist.
8. In what way does Neil Bookman use Augusten's bottle of Queen Helene Cholesterol hair gel?
(a) As a styling product.
(b) As a cooking supply.
(c) As a lubricant.
(d) As a cleaning agent.
9. What does Dr. Finch say that he hopes to remove from sexuality?
10. What is Dr. Finch's reaction to the sleeping person in the room connected to his office?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He is furious.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is confused.
11. What does Agnes begin to do compulsively as a means of coping with her husband's antics?
(b) Wash laundry.
12. What type of accent does Augusten's mother have?
(a) A Brooklyn accent.
(b) A British accent.
(c) A Canadian accent.
(d) A Southern accent.
13. From where does Augusten steal the window for the kitchen skylight?
(a) From Neil Bookman's garage.
(b) From the pantry.
(c) From his bedroom.
(d) From the neighbor's house.
14. What color is the Finch's house painted?
15. What does Troy call Augusten after he fails to understand the complex sound system?
(c) An idiot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Augusten play with while his mother is in therapy?
2. What is the name of the town in which the Burroughs family lives?
3. Who does Augusten think that Dr. Finch resembles?
4. Where does Natalie hope to go to college?
5. Why does Augusten want to commit suicide?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)