|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Bansir's work described?
2. How does this chapter begin?
3. What else does Arkad learn?
4. What is the secret of success?
5. What happens when Nomasir becomes penniless?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can a man prepare for the future beyond his time on earth right now?
2. Who is attacking Babylon in this chapter?
3. When does Nomasir decide to follow the rules on the tablet?
4. Who is the chariot maker who is struggling to provide luxuries to his family?
5. What is Debasir eating as he teaches his companion?
6. Who does Arkad meet when he is working as a scribe?
7. Who is the older warrior in the chapter that is sitting guard at the wall?
8. What is the second story of Mathon (about the objects Mathon keeps in his token chest) meant to teach?
9. What is the first cure for a lean purse that was also shared in chapter two?
10. What does Arkad do in relation to this Babylonian tradition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Arad Gula pays for Sharru Nada's freedom through hard work. But it seems that Sharru Nada could have bought his own freedom in time as well. Why is it that Sharru Nada wasn't able to work as hard as Arad Gula? What makes these characters similar and different? What makes these characters good business partners?
Essay Topic 2
When Arkad tells his son that he will need to go off and make his own fortune, is this a good or a bad thing? Would Nomasir still be able to learn the lessons he did without the journey into poverty? Was Arkad being a loving father or not in challenging his son?
Essay Topic 3
What is on each of the five clay tablets of Dabasir? Why did Dabasir keep track of his financial growth on these tablets in the first place? Is this record keeping consistent with the Babylonian times? Why or why not?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)