|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the man regret not taking the advice?
2. Who did not care for this custom?
3. What does the person in #27 want from Arkad?
4. Where does Arkad say that good luck does not frequent?
5. What does the person in #27 offer in exchange for the favor in #29?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Kobbi and Bansir decide to do in order to solve their wealth problems?
2. What is Bansir's main problem in relation to wealth?
3. Who is attacking Babylon in this chapter?
4. How can a man prepare for the future beyond his time on earth right now?
5. What conclusion do the men come to after discussing how many men have amassed great wealth at the gaming tables?
6. What does Arkad give his son before the son leaves?
7. Who approaches Rodan for a loan once they learn of his fortune?
8. What does Algamish ask of Arkad in exchange for his financial advice?
9. When does Nomasir decide to follow the rules on the tablet?
10. Who is traveling with the leader of this caravan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bansir is a man who feels he works hard all day, but never earns enough to provide luxuries to his family. What do you think is his main problem in terms of not having the wealth he thinks he should have? Does the story indicate other problems besides an apparent misunderstanding of money? He has a good job, after all, so what do you feel is his biggest money issue?
Essay Topic 2
When Arkad tells his son that he will need to go off and make his own fortune, is this a good or a bad thing? Would Nomasir still be able to learn the lessons he did without the journey into poverty? Was Arkad being a loving father or not in challenging his son?
Essay Topic 3
Rodan is put into a difficult situation when he is asked to loan money to his sister's husband. If you were given a comparable amount of gold, what would you do in his situation? Would you seek out advice from others or you decide on your own? Explain your thought process.
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)