|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did enemies circle the city before concentrating on the gates?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 2 years.
2. What is the lesson of the first story?
(a) Not to give your money away.
(b) Not to help anyone.
(c) Not to listen to strangers.
(d) Not to help a friend unless you can take on their burden.
3. What does Mathon do?
(a) Unexpectedly dies.
(b) Tells Rodan two stories.
(c) Gives Rodan money to go away.
(d) Leaves immediately.
4. When does the person in #153 expect to be out of debt after following the tablets?
(a) In a month.
(b) In a week.
(c) About a year's time.
(d) In a decade.
5. What does Mathon tell Dabasir?
(a) To sell his camel.
(b) To go back to Sira.
(c) To give up on his wife.
(d) To find a business in which he is knowledgeable.
6. Who has just been given 50 pieces of gold?
7. Who decides to follow the advice of the tablets?
8. What does Sira tell Dabasir?
(a) That he is royalty, too.
(b) That he can change his station in life.
(c) That he can leave without getting into trouble.
(d) That he is the worst person she's ever met.
9. What is the name of the sheep thief?
10. How does Dabasir get to Babylon?
(a) By accident.
(b) By boat.
(c) By walking.
(d) By crossing the desert on a camel.
11. What does Sira ask Dabasir?
(a) How much money he has.
(b) Whether he is interested in her.
(c) What his favorite camel is.
(d) Whether he has the heart of a slave or a freeman.
12. What is the lesson of the chapter?
(a) We can survive.
(b) We are just as strong as Babylon.
(c) We can not afford to not build up walls.
(d) We can not afford to be without adequate protection.
13. Who else comes to join the caravan?
(a) A stray camel.
(b) Two soliders.
(c) Three farmers.
(d) No one.
14. Who scoffs at the way that the farmers are plowing?
15. What does Rodan want to do with his money?
(a) Loan it all to his sister's husband.
(b) Spend it on luxuries.
(c) Give it back.
(d) Give it to Mathon to handle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the recipient of the letter?
2. What does Hadan Gula not value?
3. Who has a tattoo like those of a sailor?
4. Why does this person scoff at the farmers?
5. What do disgruntled creditors have to say to Dabasir?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)