|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Dabasir's wife?
(a) She tries to help him with the debt.
(b) She moves into another bedroom.
(c) She gives up her luxurious lifestyle.
(d) She leaves him to return to her father's house.
2. What does Sharru Nada do to make more money at his new position?
(a) Charges more than he should.
(b) Steals money.
(c) Uses fewer ingredients.
(d) Sells extra honey cakes.
3. Who built the walls of Babylon?
(a) Queen Semiramis.
(b) King Tut.
(c) No one knows.
(d) King Alexander.
4. Who has just been given 50 pieces of gold?
5. Who has a tattoo like those of a sailor?
(d) Sharru Nada.
6. What else does Banzar tell the person from #110?
(a) To run away.
(b) To be brave.
(c) To leave town.
(d) To stay close to the walls.
7. What does the farmer overhear?
(a) Two animals fighting.
(b) A conversation between two strangers.
(c) The ass telling the ox to pretend to be sick.
(d) A piece of gossip in town.
8. Who else comes to join the caravan?
(a) No one.
(b) A stray camel.
(c) Three farmers.
(d) Two soliders.
9. Who writes the letter for this chapter?
(a) Alfred Shrewsbury.
(b) Professor Caldwell.
(c) Professor Franklin.
10. Why did Babylon endure for centuries?
(a) It wasn't attacked often.
(b) Because it was fully protected.
(d) The army was really strong.
11. Who does the person in #127 meet?
12. How long does Banzar keep watch?
(a) For 2 weeks and 4 days.
(b) For 5 weeks and 3 days.
(c) For 6 weeks.
(d) For 3 weeks and 5 days.
13. What is the lesson of the chapter?
(a) Better to spend it all than die rich.
(b) Better to listen to the wise than to counsel with the dumb.
(c) Better to be rich for a moment than not rich at all.
(d) Better a little caution than a great regret.
14. Why were these gold pieces given?
(a) For no reason at all.
(b) In exchange for spears.
(c) For good advice.
(d) For a holiday.
15. What does Mathon show Rodan?
(b) Tokens in a chest.
(c) Wood pieces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the sheep thief?
2. What does Rodan want to do with his money?
3. What does Mathon tell Rodan?
4. What floats into the sky to carry the message of victory?
5. Who scoffs at the way that the farmers are plowing?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)