|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first law?
(a) To leave town.
(b) To put away one tenth of your earnings.
(c) To spend everything you have.
(d) To give all your money to your father.
2. What does Arkad teach the men?
(a) How to make chariots
(c) How to accure wealth
(d) How to fashion gold
3. What is the secret of success?
(a) There is no secret.
(b) A part of all you earn is yours to keep.
(c) Everything you have should be spent.
4. Who does Arkad meet?
(c) Shurru Nada.
5. What is the example that Arkad gives for gaining interest?
(a) Another person's failure during a loan.
(b) The banker's agreement.
(c) An exchange between family members.
(d) His agreement with the shield maker.
6. Of whom does the person in #73 want to tell the story?
7. Where does Arkad hold his classes?
(a) At the Temple of Learning.
(c) In the government building.
(d) At his home.
8. What does Arkad present to the councilmen?
(a) The Seven Cures for a Lean Purse
(b) The Five Ways of Gold.
(c) A budget.
9. Of what are the majority of missed opportunities the result?
(c) Bad luck.
(d) Bad karma.
10. What can Nomasir do when he returns to Arkad?
(a) Beg for money.
(b) Reveal his new robes.
(c) Stay forever.
(d) Repay Arkad, plus two additional bags of gold.
11. While Arkad is very generous and spends liberally, what has he also managed to do?
(a) Go broke.
(b) Buy the city.
(c) Amass a large store of wealth.
(d) Win a prize.
12. What else does Arkad learn?
(a) To hide away his money from others.
(b) To become a moneylender.
(c) To wisely invest his savings to see them grow.
(d) To pick winning bets.
13. How is Bansir's work described?
(c) Highly prized
14. What will lead thee forward to the successes that dost desire?
15. What is the fourth idea?
(a) See the advice of others.
(b) Buy more gold.
(c) Flaunt yoru riches.
(d) Hide your riches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Arkad have to see in order to explain the answer to #39?
2. How long until Nomasir returned home?
3. Who did not care for this custom?
4. When the man tells a story of a missed business venture, who was the person who gave him the initial advice?
5. How much should Arkad keep for himself?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)