|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the man regret not taking the advice?
(a) The venture would have helped his friend.
(b) It would have led him to a more beautiful wife.
(c) It would have helped him find a new home.
(d) The venture proved quite lucrative.
2. Where does Arkad say that good luck does not frequent?
(b) Gaming tables.
(d) Other countries.
3. What does Arkad realize about success?
(a) One needs to study and to be patient.
(b) It's not for everyone.
(c) It's something that can not be taught.
(d) It's all about fate.
4. Why was the son sent into the world?
(a) To learn about business.
(b) To learn to make his own fortune.
(c) To move away from home.
(d) To get married.
5. Who does Arkad meet?
(c) Shurru Nada.
6. Who does Arkad have to see in order to explain the answer to #39?
(a) His family
(b) A priest
(c) The general
(d) The king
7. What do Bansir and Kobbi wonder?
(a) If they should team up to start a business.
(b) Why some flourish but most struggle to survive
(c) How much money Arkad has
(d) Whether moving away is a good idea.
8. What was Arkad before his current position?
(a) A royal king
(b) A slave
(c) A bread maker
(d) A lowly worker
9. Who is the old friend riding the golden chariot?
10. Who is journeying across the desert?
11. Where are Bansir and Kobbi sitting when they see the palace?
(a) On a camel.
(b) On the ground.
(c) On a wall surrounding Bansir's home.
(d) On a basket.
12. What is the fourth idea?
(a) Buy more gold.
(b) See the advice of others.
(c) Hide your riches.
(d) Flaunt yoru riches.
13. What was Nomasir given as he left?
(a) A book of parables.
(b) A bag of gold and a clay tablet.
(d) A pat on the back.
14. What is the fifth idea?
(a) Give to the rich.
(b) Own a home.
(c) Buy a chariot.
(d) Rent out your home.
15. Who does Bansir want to help?
(a) Just his friend.
(b) Just himself.
(c) No one. He's just curious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the profession of the person in #27?
2. Who is the person in #74 related to?
3. What made Babylon turn to Arkad?
4. Who did not care for this custom?
5. What is the third idea?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)