|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Arkad is very generous and spends liberally, what has he also managed to do?
(a) Buy the city.
(b) Amass a large store of wealth.
(c) Win a prize.
(d) Go broke.
2. Why was the son sent into the world?
(a) To learn to make his own fortune.
(b) To learn about business.
(c) To move away from home.
(d) To get married.
3. What happened to the man in the red robes when he returned to the city?
(a) He decided to leave.
(b) He found the gates locked.
(c) He found the city burned to the ground.
(d) He got lost.
4. What is the third law?
(a) Seek advice from the knowledgeable.
(b) To buy property.
(c) The same as the first law.
(d) Go to the betting tables.
5. What is the third idea?
(a) Spend half of everything you make.
(b) Invest to produce additional income.
(c) Never invest.
(d) Give to the poor.
6. How do Kobbi and Bansir know Arkad?
(a) He helps them in their work.
(b) He lives with them.
(c) He was an old friend.
(d) They don't.
7. What was Nomasir given as he left?
(a) A pat on the back.
(b) A book of parables.
(c) A bag of gold and a clay tablet.
8. What does Arkad present to the councilmen?
(a) The Seven Cures for a Lean Purse
(b) A budget.
(d) The Five Ways of Gold.
9. Why do people come to Arkad?
(a) To visit.
(b) To get a loan.
(c) To see his chariot.
(d) To learn how his amassed this wealth.
10. Of whom does the person in #73 want to tell the story?
11. Where does Arkad hold his classes?
(a) In the government building.
(b) At the Temple of Learning.
(d) At his home.
12. Who is the friend of the answer to #2?
13. Who does Arkad have to see in order to explain the answer to #39?
(a) The general
(b) A priest
(c) The king
(d) His family
14. What is the main lesson of this chapter?
(a) That you should learn to save on your own.
(b) That a man cannot achieve wealth on his own.
(c) That money is hard to accumulate.
(d) That money isn't everything.
15. What does the person in #77 do?
(a) Disowns his son.
(b) Goes into hiding.
(c) Sends his son out into the world.
(d) Spends all of his money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person in #74 related to?
2. What is the secret of success?
3. Who is wearing the "fine robes"?
4. What do the gathered men try to discuss?
5. How long until Nomasir returned home?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)