|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Zhang Chunqiao?
2. In what year did Kissinger meet Mao?
3. The Horizontal Line included all but which of the following?
4. Who was the director of the CIA at this time?
5. In what year did the Russian premier visit Mao in China?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mao's maneuvers were often said to be ____.
2. Lu Hsing-chi said that the country was in a(n) ____ condition.
3. In which year did this person speak out as a member of the administration?
4. Zhou's critics had argued that he was too ____.
5. Zhou was a die-hard Mao loyalist for ___ years.
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused the Chinese to confront Communism?
2. What did Kissinger say about his first meeting with Mao?
3. How did Mao combat his weakened position in the triumvirate?
4. Mao had two main choices of leadership. What were they?
5. Who is considered to be one of the greatest diplomats of the 19th century? What theory does Kissinger refer to when speaking about the man?
6. What does Kissinger say about the ideology of China and Russia at this time?
7. Zhou would not last long in the political arena. Why?
8. After Mao announced his illness and retirement, China was in danger. Why?
9. Mao presented a new sense of warmth toward the United States Where was this most noticeable? How did Mao now present the relationship between China and the United States?
10. What were Deng's steps in the modernization of China? How did they compare to Mao's plans?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)