|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lu Hsing-chi said that the country was in a(n) ____ condition.
2. Vietnamese troops had infiltrated which location?
(c) South Korea.
3. How old was Mao at this time?
4. What was the name of the communique that established an alliance between the U.S. and China?
5. In what year did this event occur?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Zhang Chunqiao?
2. Which was not address as being one of the four key sectors?
3. The _____ Military Commission was responsible for ordering an end to Chinese withdrawals.
4. Mao's maneuvers were often said to be ____.
5. In what year did the Qing Dynasty end?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changed in Russia in the mid-1950s? What caused the change?
2. What was Mao's opinion on Communism in the Chinese culture? What movements did it create?
3. Kissinger says that Mao liked to speak in parables. What was Mao's message?
4. What were Deng's steps in the modernization of China? How did they compare to Mao's plans?
5. How did the changes in government personnel change Sino-United States. relationships?
6. What did Kissinger say about his first meeting with Mao?
7. After Mao announced his illness and retirement, China was in danger. Why?
8. Who stepped in after Zhou bowed out of the political race?
9. Zhou would not last long in the political arena. Why?
10. How did Mao combat his weakened position in the triumvirate?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)