|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. China hoped to surpass ____ in steel production.
(b) Great Britain.
2. When did Eisenhower make his first State of the Union address?
3. Which was not part of Mao's domestic agenda?
(a) A new economic model.
(b) Land reform.
(c) Transportation improvements.
(d) Destruction of opposition.
4. The _____ Flowers movement was transformed into the "Anti-Rightist Campaign."
5. In what year did Kissinger meet Mao?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mao's forces faced America in the ____ Strait.
2. The _____ Military Commission was responsible for ordering an end to Chinese withdrawals.
3. Which Russian premier made the visit?
4. In Indochina, the French colonial project left all but which country with contested borders?
5. In which year did Kissinger first meet with Deng?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Mao announced his illness and retirement, China was in danger. Why?
2. When did dialogue between the U.S. and China resume? What was the aim of the meeting?
3. What does Kissinger say about the ideology of China and Russia at this time?
4. What changed in Russia in the mid-1950s? What caused the change?
5. Kissinger discusses the death of two major Chinese leaders. Who were they? When did they die?
6. Zhou would not last long in the political arena. Why?
7. Kissinger says that Mao liked to speak in parables. What was Mao's message?
8. Why did Bismarck fail to capture the attention of the United States and China?
9. How did Mao combat his weakened position in the triumvirate?
10. Mao was referred to as both a revolutionary and a pragmatist. How did Mao typically behave in a political sense?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)