|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the title of Qiao Guanhua?
(a) Foreign Minister.
(b) Prime Minister.
(d) Presidential Attache.
2. Which was not part of Mao's domestic agenda?
(a) Transportation improvements.
(b) A new economic model.
(c) Land reform.
(d) Destruction of opposition.
3. This person went on to serve in which U.S. government position?
(a) Vice President.
(b) Secretary of State.
(c) Secretary of the Interior.
(d) Speaker of the House.
4. According to Mao, the world is not ____.
5. Vietnamese troops had infiltrated which location?
(a) South Korea.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _____ Military Commission was responsible for ordering an end to Chinese withdrawals.
2. In which year did Kissinger first meet with Deng?
3. In what year did the Qing Dynasty end?
4. Drew Middleton worked for which newspaper?
5. Who was Zhang Chunqiao?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Deng's steps in the modernization of China? How did they compare to Mao's plans?
2. What does Kissinger say about the ideology of China and Russia at this time?
3. Mao had two main choices of leadership. What were they?
4. What was the relationship between China and Taiwan at this time?
5. In 1965, Mao began to show a change in attitude toward America. What does Kissinger say about Mao's new stance?
6. Mao was referred to as both a revolutionary and a pragmatist. How did Mao typically behave in a political sense?
7. When did Deng return to China? What were his next steps?
8. How did Mao combat his weakened position in the triumvirate?
9. When did dialogue between the U.S. and China resume? What was the aim of the meeting?
10. Kissinger says that Mao liked to speak in parables. What was Mao's message?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)