|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Indochina, the French colonial project left all but which country with contested borders?
(a) North Vietnam.
2. How many years had gone by since the U.N. had passed a resolution regarding China and Korea?
3. In which year did Zhou disappear from the political forum?
4. What was the name given to China's effort to support and strengthen its economy?
(a) First Steps.
(b) Great Leap Forward.
(c) Forward Movement.
(d) New Deal.
5. In which year did Kissinger first meet with Deng?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mao's maneuvers were often said to be ____.
2. How many million people lived in Thailand at that time?
3. Zhou was a die-hard Mao loyalist for ___ years.
4. The move by the _____ Fleet was considered to be a major offensive.
5. How old was Kissinger at this time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kissinger say about foreign policy and the actions of the statesmen? How did Mao fit into this mold?
2. What changed in Russia in the mid-1950s? What caused the change?
3. How did Mao combat his weakened position in the triumvirate?
4. How did the changes in government personnel change Sino-United States. relationships?
5. In 1965, Mao began to show a change in attitude toward America. What does Kissinger say about Mao's new stance?
6. What was the relationship between China and Taiwan at this time?
7. What caused the Chinese to confront Communism?
8. When did Deng return to China? What were his next steps?
9. When did dialogue between the U.S. and China resume? What was the aim of the meeting?
10. Mao was referred to as both a revolutionary and a pragmatist. How did Mao typically behave in a political sense?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)