|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Drew Middleton worked for which newspaper?
(a) Washington Post.
(b) Beijing Times.
(c) New York Times.
(d) Moscow Daily.
2. According to Mao, the world is not ____.
3. This person went on to serve in which U.S. government position?
(a) Vice President.
(b) Secretary of State.
(c) Speaker of the House.
(d) Secretary of the Interior.
4. The move by the _____ Fleet was considered to be a major offensive.
5. Beijing and ___ had opposing views of the Chinese identity.
(c) Lin Sen.
(d) Hong Kong.
Short Answer Questions
1. The United States experienced a new type of normalcy with the inauguration of President _____.
2. Who worked as the Assistant Secretary of State for Eastern Affairs?
3. Indian Prime Minister Jawaharlal _____ had a cultural and sentimental interest in Tibet.
4. Kissinger and Mao discussed the importance of Japan's feelings of ______.
5. In 1967 Nixon published an article in which publication?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changed in Russia in the mid-1950s? What caused the change?
2. Mao presented a new sense of warmth toward the United States Where was this most noticeable? How did Mao now present the relationship between China and the United States?
3. When did Deng return to China? What were his next steps?
4. Who is considered to be one of the greatest diplomats of the 19th century? What theory does Kissinger refer to when speaking about the man?
5. Who stepped in after Zhou bowed out of the political race?
6. After Mao announced his illness and retirement, China was in danger. Why?
7. What does Kissinger say about foreign policy and the actions of the statesmen? How did Mao fit into this mold?
8. Mao was referred to as both a revolutionary and a pragmatist. How did Mao typically behave in a political sense?
9. Kissinger discusses the death of two major Chinese leaders. Who were they? When did they die?
10. In 1965, Mao began to show a change in attitude toward America. What does Kissinger say about Mao's new stance?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)