|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Liu Shaoqi, who served in the number two spot the title of President from _____.
(a) 1953 to 1965.
(b) 1959 to 1967.
(c) 1951 to 1962.
(d) 1956 to 1969.
2. Which was not address as being one of the four key sectors?
(c) National defense.
3. In what year did the Qing Dynasty end?
4. Drew Middleton worked for which newspaper?
(a) New York Times.
(b) Washington Post.
(c) Beijing Times.
(d) Moscow Daily.
5. What was the office filled by Zhou?
(b) Prime Minister.
(c) Secretary of State.
Short Answer Questions
1. China classified American as a capitalist-______ society.
2. What item did China export to Russia?
3. The Gang of ___ wanted to turn inward to gain new leadership.
4. China hoped to surpass ____ in steel production.
5. Which Russian premier made the visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Mao presented a new sense of warmth toward the United States Where was this most noticeable? How did Mao now present the relationship between China and the United States?
2. Mao had two main choices of leadership. What were they?
3. Why did Bismarck fail to capture the attention of the United States and China?
4. When did Deng return to China? What were his next steps?
5. What does Kissinger say about foreign policy and the actions of the statesmen? How did Mao fit into this mold?
6. What changed in Russia in the mid-1950s? What caused the change?
7. Who is considered to be one of the greatest diplomats of the 19th century? What theory does Kissinger refer to when speaking about the man?
8. How did China change in the first two decades after it became a Republic?
9. What were Deng's steps in the modernization of China? How did they compare to Mao's plans?
10. In 1965, Mao began to show a change in attitude toward America. What does Kissinger say about Mao's new stance?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)