|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the meeting between President Ford and Soviet Premier Brezhnev take place?
(b) St. Petersburg.
2. This person went on to serve in which U.S. government position?
(a) Secretary of the Interior.
(b) Vice President.
(c) Speaker of the House.
(d) Secretary of State.
3. In what year was the treaty signed?
4. Mao's maneuvers were often said to be ____.
5. Mao employed the Zhuge Liang ____ City Stratagem in his attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _____ Military Commission was responsible for ordering an end to Chinese withdrawals.
2. Drew Middleton worked for which newspaper?
3. Who was the director of the CIA at this time?
4. The Horizontal Line included all but which of the following?
5. The Chinese had a long relationship with which country?
Short Essay Questions
1. Mao had two main choices of leadership. What were they?
2. How did Mao combat his weakened position in the triumvirate?
3. What did Kissinger say about his first meeting with Mao?
4. Kissinger discusses the death of two major Chinese leaders. Who were they? When did they die?
5. What were Deng's steps in the modernization of China? How did they compare to Mao's plans?
6. Kissinger says that Mao liked to speak in parables. What was Mao's message?
7. When did dialogue between the U.S. and China resume? What was the aim of the meeting?
8. Mao was referred to as both a revolutionary and a pragmatist. How did Mao typically behave in a political sense?
9. In 1965, Mao began to show a change in attitude toward America. What does Kissinger say about Mao's new stance?
10. How did China change in the first two decades after it became a Republic?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)