|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chinese planned to accomplish this task in ___ years.
2. What was the title of Qiao Guanhua?
(a) Prime Minister.
(c) Foreign Minister.
(d) Presidential Attache.
3. In what year did the Russian premier visit Mao in China?
4. In what year did the Qing Dynasty end?
5. In 1967 Nixon published an article in which publication?
(a) Wall Street Journal.
(d) Foreign Affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the ___ War, it was expected that Mao might seek respite.
2. Zhou's critics had argued that he was too ____.
3. How many years had gone by since the U.N. had passed a resolution regarding China and Korea?
4. Mao's maneuvers were often said to be ____.
5. What was the role of Le Duc Tho?
Short Essay Questions
1. Zhou would not last long in the political arena. Why?
2. How did the changes in government personnel change Sino-United States. relationships?
3. Who is considered to be one of the greatest diplomats of the 19th century? What theory does Kissinger refer to when speaking about the man?
4. When did dialogue between the U.S. and China resume? What was the aim of the meeting?
5. Who stepped in after Zhou bowed out of the political race?
6. How did Mao combat his weakened position in the triumvirate?
7. How did China change in the first two decades after it became a Republic?
8. When did Deng return to China? What were his next steps?
9. What caused the Chinese to confront Communism?
10. What was the relationship between China and Taiwan at this time?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)