|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the communique that established an alliance between the U.S. and China?
2. The United States experienced a new type of normalcy with the inauguration of President _____.
3. In what year did this event occur?
4. Zhou was a die-hard Mao loyalist for ___ years.
5. How old was Kissinger at this time?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1967 Nixon published an article in which publication?
2. China classified American as a capitalist-______ society.
3. The communique was developed under the auspices of which president?
4. Which group went up against the offshore islands?
5. Quemoy is approximately ___ miles from the major Chinese port city of Xiamen.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the relationship between China and Taiwan at this time?
2. What were Deng's steps in the modernization of China? How did they compare to Mao's plans?
3. What was Mao's opinion on Communism in the Chinese culture? What movements did it create?
4. When did dialogue between the U.S. and China resume? What was the aim of the meeting?
5. In 1965, Mao began to show a change in attitude toward America. What does Kissinger say about Mao's new stance?
6. Who is considered to be one of the greatest diplomats of the 19th century? What theory does Kissinger refer to when speaking about the man?
7. Who stepped in after Zhou bowed out of the political race?
8. What changed in Russia in the mid-1950s? What caused the change?
9. When did Deng return to China? What were his next steps?
10. Mao was referred to as both a revolutionary and a pragmatist. How did Mao typically behave in a political sense?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)