|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. China saw the _____ Line as a symbol of British plans to loosen China's control over Tibet.
2. According to Mao, the world is not ____.
3. What was the role of Le Duc Tho?
(a) Military police.
(b) Mao's assistant.
(d) Press secretary.
4. How old was Mao at this time?
5. The _____ Military Commission was responsible for ordering an end to Chinese withdrawals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Liu Shaoqi, who served in the number two spot the title of President from _____.
2. In which year did Kissinger first meet with Deng?
3. Who worked as the head of the Beijing Liaison Office?
4. The Chinese had a long relationship with which country?
5. Which mountain range is on the western frontier of China?
Short Essay Questions
1. Kissinger says that Mao liked to speak in parables. What was Mao's message?
2. Mao was referred to as both a revolutionary and a pragmatist. How did Mao typically behave in a political sense?
3. In 1965, Mao began to show a change in attitude toward America. What does Kissinger say about Mao's new stance?
4. When did dialogue between the U.S. and China resume? What was the aim of the meeting?
5. What did Kissinger say about his first meeting with Mao?
6. What was the relationship between China and Taiwan at this time?
7. How did the changes in government personnel change Sino-United States. relationships?
8. What was Mao's opinion on Communism in the Chinese culture? What movements did it create?
9. Mao had two main choices of leadership. What were they?
10. Zhou would not last long in the political arena. Why?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)