|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lu Hsing-chi said that the country was in a(n) ____ condition.
2. China saw the _____ Line as a symbol of British plans to loosen China's control over Tibet.
3. Zhou's critics had argued that he was too ____.
4. According to Mao, the world is not ____.
5. Which mountain range is on the western frontier of China?
Short Answer Questions
1. Drew Middleton worked for which newspaper?
2. What was the name given to China's effort to support and strengthen its economy?
3. Who was Zhang Chunqiao?
4. In what year did this event occur?
5. Who worked as the Assistant Secretary of State for Eastern Affairs?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mao combat his weakened position in the triumvirate?
2. What changed in Russia in the mid-1950s? What caused the change?
3. How did the changes in government personnel change Sino-United States. relationships?
4. What was Mao's opinion on Communism in the Chinese culture? What movements did it create?
5. Why did Bismarck fail to capture the attention of the United States and China?
6. What caused the Chinese to confront Communism?
7. What did Kissinger say about his first meeting with Mao?
8. Kissinger says that Mao liked to speak in parables. What was Mao's message?
9. Mao had two main choices of leadership. What were they?
10. Zhou would not last long in the political arena. Why?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)