|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At that time ____ was considered to be out of fashion.
(a) International trade.
2. In 1967 Nixon published an article in which publication?
(a) Wall Street Journal.
(b) Foreign Affairs.
3. How many million people lived in Thailand at that time?
4. What was the name of the communique that established an alliance between the U.S. and China?
5. What was the office filled by Zhou?
(c) Secretary of State.
(d) Prime Minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mao's title?
2. Indian Prime Minister Jawaharlal _____ had a cultural and sentimental interest in Tibet.
3. How old was Kissinger at this time?
4. Mao's forces faced America in the ____ Strait.
5. Zhou was a die-hard Mao loyalist for ___ years.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who stepped in after Zhou bowed out of the political race?
2. What changed in Russia in the mid-1950s? What caused the change?
3. How did the changes in government personnel change Sino-United States. relationships?
4. Who is considered to be one of the greatest diplomats of the 19th century? What theory does Kissinger refer to when speaking about the man?
5. In 1965, Mao began to show a change in attitude toward America. What does Kissinger say about Mao's new stance?
6. What were Deng's steps in the modernization of China? How did they compare to Mao's plans?
7. What does Kissinger say about foreign policy and the actions of the statesmen? How did Mao fit into this mold?
8. What was Mao's opinion on Communism in the Chinese culture? What movements did it create?
9. Mao had two main choices of leadership. What were they?
10. How did Mao combat his weakened position in the triumvirate?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)