|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the title of Qiao Guanhua?
(b) Presidential Attache.
(c) Prime Minister.
(d) Foreign Minister.
2. Kissinger reported to President Ford that Mao's attitude was "sort of ______."
3. Russia promised to back up China under the Treaty of ______ and Alliance.
4. How many years had gone by since the U.N. had passed a resolution regarding China and Korea?
5. What was the name of the communique that established an alliance between the U.S. and China?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Mao at this time?
2. In what year did the Qing Dynasty end?
3. Lu Hsing-chi said that the country was in a(n) ____ condition.
4. Which Russian premier made the visit?
5. Zhou's critics had argued that he was too ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kissinger say about foreign policy and the actions of the statesmen? How did Mao fit into this mold?
2. What was the relationship between China and Taiwan at this time?
3. Who is considered to be one of the greatest diplomats of the 19th century? What theory does Kissinger refer to when speaking about the man?
4. After Mao announced his illness and retirement, China was in danger. Why?
5. Mao was referred to as both a revolutionary and a pragmatist. How did Mao typically behave in a political sense?
6. Kissinger says that Mao liked to speak in parables. What was Mao's message?
7. What did Kissinger say about his first meeting with Mao?
8. How did Mao combat his weakened position in the triumvirate?
9. Kissinger discusses the death of two major Chinese leaders. Who were they? When did they die?
10. Mao presented a new sense of warmth toward the United States Where was this most noticeable? How did Mao now present the relationship between China and the United States?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)