|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which year did Zhou disappear from the political forum?
2. The communique was developed under the auspices of which president?
3. Who is considered to be one of the most important diplomats of the 19th century?
4. Which mountain range is on the western frontier of China?
5. How many million people lived in Thailand at that time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the role of Le Duc Tho?
2. How old was Mao at this time?
3. Quemoy is approximately ___ miles from the major Chinese port city of Xiamen.
4. The move by the _____ Fleet was considered to be a major offensive.
5. Kissinger and Mao discussed the importance of Japan's feelings of ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did China change in the first two decades after it became a Republic?
2. What did Kissinger say about his first meeting with Mao?
3. How did Mao combat his weakened position in the triumvirate?
4. After Mao announced his illness and retirement, China was in danger. Why?
5. What were Deng's steps in the modernization of China? How did they compare to Mao's plans?
6. When did dialogue between the U.S. and China resume? What was the aim of the meeting?
7. What does Kissinger say about the ideology of China and Russia at this time?
8. When did Deng return to China? What were his next steps?
9. What was the relationship between China and Taiwan at this time?
10. Why did Bismarck fail to capture the attention of the United States and China?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)