|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the director of the CIA at this time?
2. How many million people lived in Thailand at that time?
3. The Chinese had a long relationship with which country?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
4. Who worked as the head of the Beijing Liaison Office?
5. The developing world was part of the ___ World(s) theory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Quemoy is approximately ___ miles from the major Chinese port city of Xiamen.
2. How old was Mao at this time?
3. Mao's maneuvers were often said to be ____.
4. Where did the meeting between President Ford and Soviet Premier Brezhnev take place?
5. The Horizontal Line included all but which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. Kissinger says that Mao liked to speak in parables. What was Mao's message?
2. After Mao announced his illness and retirement, China was in danger. Why?
3. Why did Bismarck fail to capture the attention of the United States and China?
4. Zhou would not last long in the political arena. Why?
5. How did the changes in government personnel change Sino-United States. relationships?
6. Mao had two main choices of leadership. What were they?
7. Kissinger discusses the death of two major Chinese leaders. Who were they? When did they die?
8. What was Mao's opinion on Communism in the Chinese culture? What movements did it create?
9. Mao was referred to as both a revolutionary and a pragmatist. How did Mao typically behave in a political sense?
10. Mao presented a new sense of warmth toward the United States Where was this most noticeable? How did Mao now present the relationship between China and the United States?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)