|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The move by the _____ Fleet was considered to be a major offensive.
2. The meetings with Mao and Zhou took place in which year?
3. China classified American as a capitalist-______ society.
4. What was the office filled by Zhou?
(c) Prime Minister.
(d) Secretary of State.
5. The United States experienced a new type of normalcy with the inauguration of President _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which mountain range is on the western frontier of China?
2. Liu Shaoqi, who served in the number two spot the title of President from _____.
3. In what year did Kissinger meet Mao?
4. Which was not address as being one of the four key sectors?
5. At the end of the ___ War, it was expected that Mao might seek respite.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the changes in government personnel change Sino-United States. relationships?
2. What does Kissinger say about the ideology of China and Russia at this time?
3. What caused the Chinese to confront Communism?
4. Mao had two main choices of leadership. What were they?
5. What were Deng's steps in the modernization of China? How did they compare to Mao's plans?
6. How did China change in the first two decades after it became a Republic?
7. Who stepped in after Zhou bowed out of the political race?
8. What changed in Russia in the mid-1950s? What caused the change?
9. Mao presented a new sense of warmth toward the United States Where was this most noticeable? How did Mao now present the relationship between China and the United States?
10. Kissinger discusses the death of two major Chinese leaders. Who were they? When did they die?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)