|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which year did Kissinger first meet with Deng?
2. Mao's maneuvers were often said to be ____.
3. What was the office filled by Zhou?
(a) Secretary of State.
(b) Prime Minister.
4. China saw the _____ Line as a symbol of British plans to loosen China's control over Tibet.
5. What animal is mentioned in conjunction with the Third Vietnam War?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chinese had a long relationship with which country?
2. The meetings with Mao and Zhou took place in which year?
3. At that time ____ was considered to be out of fashion.
4. What was the role of Le Duc Tho?
5. Zhou's critics had argued that he was too ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the changes in government personnel change Sino-United States. relationships?
2. When did dialogue between the U.S. and China resume? What was the aim of the meeting?
3. Mao presented a new sense of warmth toward the United States Where was this most noticeable? How did Mao now present the relationship between China and the United States?
4. Mao was referred to as both a revolutionary and a pragmatist. How did Mao typically behave in a political sense?
5. Why did Bismarck fail to capture the attention of the United States and China?
6. What was Mao's opinion on Communism in the Chinese culture? What movements did it create?
7. Kissinger says that Mao liked to speak in parables. What was Mao's message?
8. What caused the Chinese to confront Communism?
9. How did China change in the first two decades after it became a Republic?
10. Kissinger discusses the death of two major Chinese leaders. Who were they? When did they die?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)