|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kissinger and Mao discussed the importance of Japan's feelings of ______.
2. At that time ____ was considered to be out of fashion.
(b) International trade.
3. China saw the _____ Line as a symbol of British plans to loosen China's control over Tibet.
4. Which country was most threatening in 1973?
(b) Soviet Union.
5. In what year did Kissinger meet Mao?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year did Zhou disappear from the political forum?
2. What was the title of Qiao Guanhua?
3. Who worked as the head of the Beijing Liaison Office?
4. In 1967 Nixon published an article in which publication?
5. Who worked as the Assistant Secretary of State for Eastern Affairs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Kissinger say about his first meeting with Mao?
2. In 1965, Mao began to show a change in attitude toward America. What does Kissinger say about Mao's new stance?
3. What does Kissinger say about the ideology of China and Russia at this time?
4. Mao was referred to as both a revolutionary and a pragmatist. How did Mao typically behave in a political sense?
5. After Mao announced his illness and retirement, China was in danger. Why?
6. Why did Bismarck fail to capture the attention of the United States and China?
7. What does Kissinger say about foreign policy and the actions of the statesmen? How did Mao fit into this mold?
8. Who stepped in after Zhou bowed out of the political race?
9. What caused the Chinese to confront Communism?
10. Mao had two main choices of leadership. What were they?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)