|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Kissinger at this time?
2. Mao employed the Zhuge Liang ____ City Stratagem in his attack.
3. What was the title of Qiao Guanhua?
(a) Foreign Minister.
(b) Prime Minister.
(d) Presidential Attache.
4. The Chinese had a long relationship with which country?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
5. In what year did Kissinger meet Mao?
Short Answer Questions
1. Beijing and ___ had opposing views of the Chinese identity.
2. What word is used to describe the agreement between President Ford and Soviet Premier Brezhnev?
3. The Horizontal Line included all but which of the following?
4. The _____ Military Commission was responsible for ordering an end to Chinese withdrawals.
5. The _____ Flowers movement was transformed into the "Anti-Rightist Campaign."
Short Essay Questions
1. Mao presented a new sense of warmth toward the United States Where was this most noticeable? How did Mao now present the relationship between China and the United States?
2. In 1965, Mao began to show a change in attitude toward America. What does Kissinger say about Mao's new stance?
3. What does Kissinger say about foreign policy and the actions of the statesmen? How did Mao fit into this mold?
4. What does Kissinger say about the ideology of China and Russia at this time?
5. What was Mao's opinion on Communism in the Chinese culture? What movements did it create?
6. Mao had two main choices of leadership. What were they?
7. What did Kissinger say about his first meeting with Mao?
8. When did Deng return to China? What were his next steps?
9. Who is considered to be one of the greatest diplomats of the 19th century? What theory does Kissinger refer to when speaking about the man?
10. What were Deng's steps in the modernization of China? How did they compare to Mao's plans?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)