|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the new ministry?
(a) Zongli Geguo Shiwu Yamen.
(b) Yamen Li Weishe Shiwu .
(c) Shiwu Zongli Geguo Yamen.
(d) Yuhan Wei Yamen Shiwu .
2. The Prince quote an ancient Chinese saying: "Resort to peace and _____ when temporarily obliged to do so; use war and defense as your actual policy."
3. China is referred to as being a ____ society.
4. The ____ Emperor is considered to be the founder of China.
5. In what year B.C. did the Chinese unification take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chinese learned to play the ____ off one another.
2. The high point of the _____ Dynasty was also the turning point for China.
3. How long had the conflict been going on?
4. A new gap in authority began to appear after the occurrence of the Qiying-_______ negotiations.
5. In which year was a letter dispatched from China to the US?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who would be put in charge of the new system that would replace Qing?
2. What was Kissinger's opening explanation of his time in China?
3. The Chinese are very involved in strategy. Examine the Chinese use of strategy and the types of games in which it is employed.
4. How does the existence and myth of the Yellow Emperor relate to the history of Confucius?
5. At its peak, what was the size and scope of the Chinese empire?
6. What was the Taiping Rebellion? When did it take place?
7. Who was Wei Yuan? When did he live? What was his major work? What did the work contain?
8. What did China do to compete with Japan and Russia? When did the Chinese realize that they were not all powerful?
9. The culmination of Chinese warring was two and a half centuries of turmoil. To what does Kissinger compare this era?
10. How does Kissinger explain the Nian Rebellion?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)