|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By this time it is believed that China had survived for ____ years.
2. Which country attempted to invade China from the north and west to claim dominance over the country's high lands?
3. Thirty years later, French political economist _____ expanded on Jean-Baptiste Du Halde's work.
4. Which country was not referred to in this plan?
(d) South Korea.
5. Which country initiated the treaty?
(d) United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year did China's leader summon his top military personnel to Beijing?
2. What word is best used to describe China's cultural and political situation?
3. China saw itself as being in the center of the world and often referred to itself as the _____.
4. The Chinese referred to the British as ____.
5. What word is best used to describe Li Hongzhang?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kissinger say about foreign policy and the actions of the statesmen? How did Mao fit into this mold?
2. Kissinger says that Mao liked to speak in parables. What was Mao's message?
3. How does Kissinger explain the Nian Rebellion?
4. What did Deng claim was the real reason for his retirement?
5. Zhou would not last long in the political arena. Why?
6. What caused the Chinese to confront Communism?
7. What does Kissinger say about the ideology of China and Russia at this time?
8. Who stepped in after Zhou bowed out of the political race?
9. Abbé Régis-Evariste Huc made observations about China. What did Huc write?
10. In 1965, Mao began to show a change in attitude toward America. What does Kissinger say about Mao's new stance?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)