|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the ancient sage often referred to in the text?
2. China saw itself as being in the center of the world and often referred to itself as the _____.
(b) Middle Kingdom.
(d) World's Blood.
3. Which method was adopted officially in the People's Republic of China in 1979 ?
4. One of the great wars in China revolved around which drug?
5. Which country joined Britain at this point?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country was not referred to in this plan?
2. The ministry's new name translated into:
3. Which American political scientist is mentioned?
4. The high point of the _____ Dynasty was also the turning point for China.
5. What other country was a part of the Sinocentric world?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss China's long experience with naval expeditions and exploits.
2. At its peak, what was the size and scope of the Chinese empire?
3. Abbé Régis-Evariste Huc made observations about China. What did Huc write?
4. What does Kissinger say about the beginning of the decline of China?
5. What was the Nian Rebellion? When did it occur? Who took over the government?
6. Examine the first appearance of Chinese characters as they came into being.
7. Why were the Chinese approached by the "red-haired barbarians" of Britain in regards to free trade?
8. According to Kissinger, the tale of the Yellow Emperor is the beginning of China as an entity. However, in Chinese legend, although no other history exists, the Yellow Emperor appears to have arrived to save China. What is the legend?
9. The Chinese are very involved in strategy. Examine the Chinese use of strategy and the types of games in which it is employed.
10. Who would be put in charge of the new system that would replace Qing?
This section contains 1,170 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)