|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thirty years later, French political economist _____ expanded on Jean-Baptiste Du Halde's work.
2. One of the great wars in China revolved around which drug?
3. How long had the conflict been going on?
(a) 60 years.
(b) 70 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 50 years.
4. Count _____ Ignatieff served as the Czar's brilliant and devious young plenipotentiary.
5. Who was considered to be China's principal threat at this time?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1859, Frederick ____ arrived in Beijing.
2. Which American political scientist is mentioned?
3. China often referred to itself as the "Most ____ Nation."
4. The Chinese managed to pit which two countries against each other in Manchuria?
5. In 1820, China produced ____ of the world GDP.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kissinger say about foreign policy and the actions of the statesmen? How did Mao fit into this mold?
2. Who stepped in after Zhou bowed out of the political race?
3. How did China perceive Europe? What was Britain's goal?
4. How did Mao combat his weakened position in the triumvirate?
5. How did the Japanese culture compare and contrast to the Chinese culture?
6. What were the The Qiying-Pottinger negotiations? What did the negotiations change between China and the West?
7. What did Kissinger say about his first meeting with Mao?
8. How did the changes in government personnel change Sino-United States. relationships?
9. Zhou would not last long in the political arena. Why?
10. What did China do to compete with Japan and Russia? When did the Chinese realize that they were not all powerful?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)