|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1820, China produced ____ of the world GDP.
2. Traditionally, China did not on technology or military power but relied upon two of its most deeply traditional resources: the analytical abilities of its diplomats, and the endurance and ____________ of its people.
(b) Inner warriors.
(d) Cultural confidence.
3. Which country joined Britain at this point?
4. Forces from which country were in place in which location at this time?
(b) North Vietnam.
(c) Hong Kong.
5. In what year did the "Plans for a Maritime Defense" go into effect?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not one of the countries mentioned as a location in China's periphery?
2. A new gap in authority began to appear after the occurrence of the Qiying-_______ negotiations.
3. What word is best used to describe China's cultural and political situation?
4. The Count managed to open Urga, which is located in which region?
5. China has produced a greater share of total world GDP than any Western civilization in ____ of the last 20 centuries.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kissinger address the history of the Chinese-Indian borders?
2. What was Kissinger's opening explanation of his time in China?
3. According to Kissinger, the tale of the Yellow Emperor is the beginning of China as an entity. However, in Chinese legend, although no other history exists, the Yellow Emperor appears to have arrived to save China. What is the legend?
4. Why were the Chinese approached by the "red-haired barbarians" of Britain in regards to free trade?
5. What was the Taiping Rebellion? When did it take place?
6. The Chinese are very involved in strategy. Examine the Chinese use of strategy and the types of games in which it is employed.
7. Abbé Régis-Evariste Huc made observations about China. What did Huc write?
8. What were the The Qiying-Pottinger negotiations? What did the negotiations change between China and the West?
9. What was the Nian Rebellion? When did it occur? Who took over the government?
10. What did China do to compete with Japan and Russia? When did the Chinese realize that they were not all powerful?
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)