|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is best used to describe Li Hongzhang?
2. In what year B.C. did the Chinese unification take place?
3. In what year did the "Plans for a Maritime Defense" go into effect?
4. The high point of the _____ Dynasty was also the turning point for China.
5. One of the great wars in China revolved around which drug?
Short Answer Questions
1. The first major attempt to right things with China was led by Britain's Lord George ______.
2. The Chinese managed to pit which two countries against each other in Manchuria?
3. A tribute system was developed in the _____ Islands.
4. By this time it is believed that China had survived for ____ years.
5. What was the name of the Emperor's half-brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the existence and myth of the Yellow Emperor relate to the history of Confucius?
2. What was the Taiping Rebellion? When did it take place?
3. Who would be put in charge of the new system that would replace Qing?
4. What did China do to combat the threats from the Europeans?
5. At its peak, what was the size and scope of the Chinese empire?
6. What was Prince Gong's plan? Who emulated Prince Gong's work?
7. How does Kissinger explain the Nian Rebellion?
8. The culmination of Chinese warring was two and a half centuries of turmoil. To what does Kissinger compare this era?
9. How does Kissinger address the history of the Chinese-Indian borders?
10. Why were the Chinese approached by the "red-haired barbarians" of Britain in regards to free trade?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)