|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Count managed to open Urga, which is located in which region?
(d) North Vietnam.
2. What was the time period of the Song Dynasty?
3. It was stated that Nian and ____ were places that constituted organic disease.
4. Which country attempted to invade China from the north and west to claim dominance over the country's high lands?
5. In the early years China often exchanged good with which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. China often referred to itself as the "Most ____ Nation."
2. In what year did Zheng He's expeditions stop abruptly?
3. A tribute system was developed in the _____ Islands.
4. The ministry's new name translated into:
5. The Chinese referred to the British as ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kissinger address the history of the Chinese-Indian borders?
2. According to Kissinger, the tale of the Yellow Emperor is the beginning of China as an entity. However, in Chinese legend, although no other history exists, the Yellow Emperor appears to have arrived to save China. What is the legend?
3. What was the Nian Rebellion? When did it occur? Who took over the government?
4. Why were the Chinese approached by the "red-haired barbarians" of Britain in regards to free trade?
5. What was Kissinger's opening explanation of his time in China?
6. At its peak, what was the size and scope of the Chinese empire?
7. Examine the first appearance of Chinese characters as they came into being.
8. What did China do to combat the threats from the Europeans?
9. The Chinese are very involved in strategy. Examine the Chinese use of strategy and the types of games in which it is employed.
10. Who would be put in charge of the new system that would replace Qing?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)