|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A tribute system was developed in the _____ Islands.
2. In what year was the Treaty of Tianjin signed?
3. How many times has Kissinger visited China?
4. It was stated that Nian and ____ were places that constituted organic disease.
5. What is the ruling philosophy of China?
(a) Know thyself.
(b) Honor before self.
(c) Mandate of Heaven.
(d) Imperial rule.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ministry's new name translated into:
2. The treaty also permitted travel on which river?
3. What other country was a part of the Sinocentric world?
4. During which period did the decline take place?
5. In what year did Zheng He's expeditions stop abruptly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kissinger say about the beginning of the decline of China?
2. What did China do to compete with Japan and Russia? When did the Chinese realize that they were not all powerful?
3. Discuss China's long experience with naval expeditions and exploits.
4. What did China do to combat the threats from the Europeans?
5. Examine the first appearance of Chinese characters as they came into being.
6. What was the Nian Rebellion? When did it occur? Who took over the government?
7. The Chinese are very involved in strategy. Examine the Chinese use of strategy and the types of games in which it is employed.
8. What was Kissinger's opening explanation of his time in China?
9. The culmination of Chinese warring was two and a half centuries of turmoil. To what does Kissinger compare this era?
10. How did the Japanese culture compare and contrast to the Chinese culture?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)