|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Prince quote an ancient Chinese saying: "Resort to peace and _____ when temporarily obliged to do so; use war and defense as your actual policy."
2. In what year did the "Plans for a Maritime Defense" go into effect?
3. One of the great wars in China revolved around which drug?
4. The Count managed to open Urga, which is located in which region?
(b) North Vietnam.
5. Which country initiated the treaty?
(d) United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chinese learned to play the ____ off one another.
2. China saw itself as being in the center of the world and often referred to itself as the _____.
3. In the early years China often exchanged good with which country?
4. China underwent a "century of _____" before giving into national communism.
5. China has produced a greater share of total world GDP than any Western civilization in ____ of the last 20 centuries.
Short Essay Questions
1. At its peak, what was the size and scope of the Chinese empire?
2. Who would be put in charge of the new system that would replace Qing?
3. What were the The Qiying-Pottinger negotiations? What did the negotiations change between China and the West?
4. What does Kissinger say about the beginning of the decline of China?
5. How does Kissinger address the history of the Chinese-Indian borders?
6. What was the Taiping Rebellion? When did it take place?
7. What was the Nian Rebellion? When did it occur? Who took over the government?
8. The Chinese are very involved in strategy. Examine the Chinese use of strategy and the types of games in which it is employed.
9. What did China do to compete with Japan and Russia? When did the Chinese realize that they were not all powerful?
10. Discuss China's long experience with naval expeditions and exploits.
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)