|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It was stated that Nian and ____ were places that constituted organic disease.
2. By this time it is believed that China had survived for ____ years.
3. Which rebellion began in the 1850s?
4. The Prince quote an ancient Chinese saying: "Resort to peace and _____ when temporarily obliged to do so; use war and defense as your actual policy."
5. In which year did China's leader summon his top military personnel to Beijing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which method was adopted officially in the People's Republic of China in 1979 ?
2. The Chinese learned to play the ____ off one another.
3. Kissinger compares the unification to which European treaty in 1648?
4. In the early years China often exchanged good with which country?
5. The first major attempt to right things with China was led by Britain's Lord George ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did China do to combat the threats from the Europeans?
2. What was Prince Gong's plan? Who emulated Prince Gong's work?
3. How does Kissinger explain the Nian Rebellion?
4. How does Kissinger address the history of the Chinese-Indian borders?
5. What were the The Qiying-Pottinger negotiations? What did the negotiations change between China and the West?
6. Who was Wei Yuan? When did he live? What was his major work? What did the work contain?
7. How does the existence and myth of the Yellow Emperor relate to the history of Confucius?
8. The Chinese are very involved in strategy. Examine the Chinese use of strategy and the types of games in which it is employed.
9. How did China perceive Europe? What was Britain's goal?
10. What was the Nian Rebellion? When did it occur? Who took over the government?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)