|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the _____ War, China saw diplomacy and international trade as a way to express its preeminence.
(b) First World.
(d) Second World.
2. What was the name of the Emperor's half-brother?
(a) Prince Mei.
(b) Prince Gong.
(c) Prince Yuan.
(d) Prince Qi.
3. Which method is used to translate Chinese close to the Roman alphabet?
4. Which country initiated the treaty?
(d) United States.
5. Who was China's leader at the time?
(a) Mao Zedong.
(b) Chiang Kai-Shek.
(c) Ma Ying-Jeou.
(d) Lin Sen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kissinger's first name?
2. Which country joined Britain at this point?
3. Which is not one of the nomadic groups mentioned?
4. China saw itself as being in the center of the world and often referred to itself as the _____.
5. Which major Chinese city was first visited by Kissinger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Taiping Rebellion? When did it take place?
2. The Chinese are very involved in strategy. Examine the Chinese use of strategy and the types of games in which it is employed.
3. Who was Wei Yuan? When did he live? What was his major work? What did the work contain?
4. What was Kissinger's opening explanation of his time in China?
5. Who would be put in charge of the new system that would replace Qing?
6. How did the Japanese culture compare and contrast to the Chinese culture?
7. At its peak, what was the size and scope of the Chinese empire?
8. How does Kissinger address the history of the Chinese-Indian borders?
9. Discuss China's long experience with naval expeditions and exploits.
10. What did China do to compete with Japan and Russia? When did the Chinese realize that they were not all powerful?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)