|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is not one of the countries mentioned as a location in China's periphery?
(b) Hong Kong.
2. Mao once claimed that the population of China declined from 50 million to ____ million.
3. Which country attempted to invade China from the north and west to claim dominance over the country's high lands?
4. Which major Chinese city was first visited by Kissinger?
(a) Hong Kong,
5. In which direction did the nomadic groups tend to stay?
Short Answer Questions
1. It was stated that Nian and ____ were places that constituted organic disease.
2. Which is not one of the nomadic groups mentioned?
3. By 1860, the Russians had been in Beijing for ____ years.
4. This strategy was put into place by which of the following?
5. Thirty years later, French political economist _____ expanded on Jean-Baptiste Du Halde's work.
Short Essay Questions
1. Abbé Régis-Evariste Huc made observations about China. What did Huc write?
2. The Chinese are very involved in strategy. Examine the Chinese use of strategy and the types of games in which it is employed.
3. What did China do to combat the threats from the Europeans?
4. How did China perceive Europe? What was Britain's goal?
5. How does Kissinger address the history of the Chinese-Indian borders?
6. Discuss China's long experience with naval expeditions and exploits.
7. What did China do to compete with Japan and Russia? When did the Chinese realize that they were not all powerful?
8. What was the Taiping Rebellion? When did it take place?
9. Examine the first appearance of Chinese characters as they came into being.
10. Who was Wei Yuan? When did he live? What was his major work? What did the work contain?
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)