|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was president of the United States at that time?
2. The ____ Emperor is considered to be the founder of China.
3. What does "tian xia" mean?
(a) Together in faith.
(b) Only one Emperor.
(c) United we stand.
(d) All under Heaven.
4. Which country was not referred to in this plan?
(d) South Korea.
5. A tribute system was developed in the _____ Islands.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Zheng He's expeditions stop abruptly?
2. The treaty also permitted travel on which river?
3. What was the name of the Emperor's half-brother?
4. What word is best used to describe Li Hongzhang?
5. China underwent a "century of _____" before giving into national communism.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kissinger address the history of the Chinese-Indian borders?
2. Examine the first appearance of Chinese characters as they came into being.
3. Who would be put in charge of the new system that would replace Qing?
4. The culmination of Chinese warring was two and a half centuries of turmoil. To what does Kissinger compare this era?
5. The Chinese are very involved in strategy. Examine the Chinese use of strategy and the types of games in which it is employed.
6. How did the Japanese culture compare and contrast to the Chinese culture?
7. What was the Taiping Rebellion? When did it take place?
8. What does Kissinger say about the beginning of the decline of China?
9. How does Kissinger explain the Nian Rebellion?
10. What was Kissinger's opening explanation of his time in China?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)