|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is not one of the nomadic groups mentioned?
2. China underwent a "century of _____" before giving into national communism.
3. In 1859, Frederick ____ arrived in Beijing.
4. Count _____ Ignatieff served as the Czar's brilliant and devious young plenipotentiary.
5. Which rebellion began in the 1850s?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Han Dynasty?
2. By 1860, the Russians had been in Beijing for ____ years.
3. The treaty allowed a permanent ____ to be established in Beijing.
4. In what month was the meeting called?
5. Who was president of the United States at that time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the existence and myth of the Yellow Emperor relate to the history of Confucius?
2. Why were the Chinese approached by the "red-haired barbarians" of Britain in regards to free trade?
3. What was the Nian Rebellion? When did it occur? Who took over the government?
4. Examine the first appearance of Chinese characters as they came into being.
5. Who was Wei Yuan? When did he live? What was his major work? What did the work contain?
6. How did China perceive Europe? What was Britain's goal?
7. What were the The Qiying-Pottinger negotiations? What did the negotiations change between China and the West?
8. The Chinese are very involved in strategy. Examine the Chinese use of strategy and the types of games in which it is employed.
9. The culmination of Chinese warring was two and a half centuries of turmoil. To what does Kissinger compare this era?
10. How did the Japanese culture compare and contrast to the Chinese culture?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)