|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country was most threatening in 1973?
(a) Soviet Union.
2. What year did the last conversations between Mao and Kissinger take place?
3. Which was not address as being one of the four key sectors?
(a) National defense.
4. Drew Middleton worked for which newspaper?
(a) Washington Post.
(b) Beijing Times.
(c) New York Times.
(d) Moscow Daily.
5. In what year did the Qing Dynasty end?
6. In which year did Zhou disappear from the political forum?
7. In Indochina, the French colonial project left all but which country with contested borders?
(c) North Vietnam.
8. What was the role of Le Duc Tho?
(a) Military police.
(b) Mao's assistant.
(c) Press secretary.
9. Which was not part of Mao's domestic agenda?
(a) Destruction of opposition.
(b) A new economic model.
(c) Land reform.
(d) Transportation improvements.
10. China classified American as a capitalist-______ society.
11. Zhou had been stricken with which disease?
(a) Heart disease.
(b) Liver disease.
(d) Multiple sclerosis.
12. The Gang of ___ wanted to turn inward to gain new leadership.
13. Where did the meeting between President Ford and Soviet Premier Brezhnev take place?
(b) St. Petersburg.
14. Quemoy is approximately ___ miles from the major Chinese port city of Xiamen.
15. How many years had gone by since the U.N. had passed a resolution regarding China and Korea?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year did this person speak out as a member of the administration?
2. What was Mao's title?
3. The move by the _____ Fleet was considered to be a major offensive.
4. Who worked as the head of the Beijing Liaison Office?
5. China hoped to surpass ____ in steel production.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)