|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item did China export to Russia?
2. The Gang of ___ wanted to turn inward to gain new leadership.
3. In what year was the treaty signed?
4. China hoped to surpass ____ in steel production.
(b) Great Britain.
5. In what year did Kissinger meet Mao?
6. Which group went up against the offshore islands?
7. What word is used to describe the agreement between President Ford and Soviet Premier Brezhnev?
8. How many million people lived in Thailand at that time?
9. Which was not part of Mao's domestic agenda?
(a) Transportation improvements.
(b) Land reform.
(c) Destruction of opposition.
(d) A new economic model.
10. What was the title of Qiao Guanhua?
(a) Prime Minister.
(b) Foreign Minister.
(d) Presidential Attache.
11. What was Mao's title?
12. The Chinese planned to accomplish this task in ___ years.
13. When did Eisenhower make his first State of the Union address?
14. The developing world was part of the ___ World(s) theory.
15. Who was the director of the CIA at this time?
Short Answer Questions
1. China saw the _____ Line as a symbol of British plans to loosen China's control over Tibet.
2. Zhou was a die-hard Mao loyalist for ___ years.
3. Who was Zhang Chunqiao?
4. It was said that China should strive for "comprehensive ________."
5. Who is considered to be one of the most important diplomats of the 19th century?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)