|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item did China export to Russia?
2. What was the role of Le Duc Tho?
(a) Mao's assistant.
(b) Military police.
(d) Press secretary.
3. In which year did Kissinger first meet with Deng?
4. What was the name given to China's effort to support and strengthen its economy?
(a) Great Leap Forward.
(b) New Deal.
(c) First Steps.
(d) Forward Movement.
5. Vietnamese troops had infiltrated which location?
(a) South Korea.
6. Zhou had been stricken with which disease?
(a) Multiple sclerosis.
(b) Liver disease.
(c) Heart disease.
7. In Indochina, the French colonial project left all but which country with contested borders?
(c) North Vietnam.
8. The United States experienced a new type of normalcy with the inauguration of President _____.
9. Which was not address as being one of the four key sectors?
(b) National defense.
10. What was the office filled by Zhou?
(a) Prime Minister.
(b) Secretary of State.
11. In which year did Zhou disappear from the political forum?
12. The _____ Flowers movement was transformed into the "Anti-Rightist Campaign."
13. How old was Kissinger at this time?
14. Kissinger and Mao discussed the importance of Japan's feelings of ______.
15. Quemoy is approximately ___ miles from the major Chinese port city of Xiamen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group went up against the offshore islands?
2. At that time ____ was considered to be out of fashion.
3. In 1967 Nixon published an article in which publication?
4. When did Eisenhower make his first State of the Union address?
5. Mao employed the Zhuge Liang ____ City Stratagem in his attack.
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)