|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which mountain range is on the western frontier of China?
2. What animal is mentioned in conjunction with the Third Vietnam War?
3. What item did China export to Russia?
4. Which was not part of Mao's domestic agenda?
(a) A new economic model.
(b) Transportation improvements.
(c) Land reform.
(d) Destruction of opposition.
5. The _____ Military Commission was responsible for ordering an end to Chinese withdrawals.
6. What word is used to describe the agreement between President Ford and Soviet Premier Brezhnev?
7. The Chinese planned to accomplish this task in ___ years.
8. In what year was the treaty signed?
9. Zhou's critics had argued that he was too ____.
10. Drew Middleton worked for which newspaper?
(a) Washington Post.
(b) New York Times.
(c) Moscow Daily.
(d) Beijing Times.
11. This person went on to serve in which U.S. government position?
(a) Secretary of State.
(b) Vice President.
(c) Secretary of the Interior.
(d) Speaker of the House.
12. The communique was developed under the auspices of which president?
13. Who worked as the Assistant Secretary of State for Eastern Affairs?
14. Kissinger reported to President Ford that Mao's attitude was "sort of ______."
15. The move by the _____ Fleet was considered to be a major offensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who worked as the head of the Beijing Liaison Office?
2. The Horizontal Line included all but which of the following?
3. Where did the meeting between President Ford and Soviet Premier Brezhnev take place?
4. In what year did Kissinger meet Mao?
5. The meetings with Mao and Zhou took place in which year?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)