|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group went up against the offshore islands?
2. Zhou was a die-hard Mao loyalist for ___ years.
3. Zhou had been stricken with which disease?
(b) Multiple sclerosis.
(c) Heart disease.
(d) Liver disease.
4. Which country was most threatening in 1973?
(b) Soviet Union.
5. What animal is mentioned in conjunction with the Third Vietnam War?
6. In which year did Zhou disappear from the political forum?
7. How many million people lived in Thailand at that time?
8. Which Russian premier made the visit?
9. In what year did the Qing Dynasty end?
10. Liu Shaoqi, who served in the number two spot the title of President from _____.
(a) 1951 to 1962.
(b) 1953 to 1965.
(c) 1959 to 1967.
(d) 1956 to 1969.
11. Indian Prime Minister Jawaharlal _____ had a cultural and sentimental interest in Tibet.
12. Quemoy is approximately ___ miles from the major Chinese port city of Xiamen.
13. How old was Mao at this time?
14. Kissinger reported to President Ford that Mao's attitude was "sort of ______."
15. What was the name of the communique that established an alliance between the U.S. and China?
Short Answer Questions
1. The _____ Military Commission was responsible for ordering an end to Chinese withdrawals.
2. According to Mao, the world is not ____.
3. What was the title of Qiao Guanhua?
4. How old was Kissinger at this time?
5. Where did the meeting between President Ford and Soviet Premier Brezhnev take place?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)