|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which year did Kissinger first meet with Deng?
2. This person went on to serve in which U.S. government position?
(a) Speaker of the House.
(b) Vice President.
(c) Secretary of State.
(d) Secretary of the Interior.
3. Who worked as the head of the Beijing Liaison Office?
4. In 1967 Nixon published an article in which publication?
(b) Foreign Affairs.
(d) Wall Street Journal.
5. How old was Mao at this time?
6. The meetings with Mao and Zhou took place in which year?
7. The Chinese had a long relationship with which country?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
8. Indian Prime Minister Jawaharlal _____ had a cultural and sentimental interest in Tibet.
9. Beijing and ___ had opposing views of the Chinese identity.
(c) Hong Kong.
(d) Lin Sen.
10. At that time ____ was considered to be out of fashion.
(d) International trade.
11. Drew Middleton worked for which newspaper?
(a) Washington Post.
(b) Beijing Times.
(c) Moscow Daily.
(d) New York Times.
12. The _____ Flowers movement was transformed into the "Anti-Rightist Campaign."
13. The move by the _____ Fleet was considered to be a major offensive.
14. The _____ Military Commission was responsible for ordering an end to Chinese withdrawals.
15. In what year did the Qing Dynasty end?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the communique that established an alliance between the U.S. and China?
2. According to Mao, the world is not ____.
3. In which year did Zhou disappear from the political forum?
4. What item did China export to Russia?
5. China saw the _____ Line as a symbol of British plans to loosen China's control over Tibet.
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)