|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Indochina, the French colonial project left all but which country with contested borders?
(b) North Vietnam.
2. The Horizontal Line included all but which of the following?
3. In 1967 Nixon published an article in which publication?
(a) Foreign Affairs.
(b) Wall Street Journal.
4. Who worked as the Assistant Secretary of State for Eastern Affairs?
5. The United States experienced a new type of normalcy with the inauguration of President _____.
6. Which mountain range is on the western frontier of China?
7. In what year did this event occur?
8. Which group went up against the offshore islands?
9. What was Mao's title?
10. Who is considered to be one of the most important diplomats of the 19th century?
11. Mao employed the Zhuge Liang ____ City Stratagem in his attack.
12. Russia promised to back up China under the Treaty of ______ and Alliance.
13. Zhou was a die-hard Mao loyalist for ___ years.
14. At the end of the ___ War, it was expected that Mao might seek respite.
(c) First World.
(d) Second World.
15. Lu Hsing-chi said that the country was in a(n) ____ condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. The move by the _____ Fleet was considered to be a major offensive.
2. This person went on to serve in which U.S. government position?
3. How many years had gone by since the U.N. had passed a resolution regarding China and Korea?
4. What was the name given to China's effort to support and strengthen its economy?
5. In what year did the Qing Dynasty end?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)