|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did the Qing Dynasty end?
2. At that time ____ was considered to be out of fashion.
(b) International trade.
3. Russia promised to back up China under the Treaty of ______ and Alliance.
4. The Chinese planned to accomplish this task in ___ years.
5. The _____ Military Commission was responsible for ordering an end to Chinese withdrawals.
6. According to Mao, the world is not ____.
7. In what year did Kissinger meet Mao?
8. In which year did Zhou disappear from the political forum?
9. Which country was most threatening in 1973?
(b) Soviet Union.
10. The developing world was part of the ___ World(s) theory.
11. The _____ Flowers movement was transformed into the "Anti-Rightist Campaign."
12. Which group went up against the offshore islands?
13. What was the office filled by Zhou?
(b) Prime Minister.
(d) Secretary of State.
14. In what year was the treaty signed?
15. In Indochina, the French colonial project left all but which country with contested borders?
(b) North Vietnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. China hoped to surpass ____ in steel production.
2. How many million people lived in Thailand at that time?
3. Mao employed the Zhuge Liang ____ City Stratagem in his attack.
4. In what year did the Russian premier visit Mao in China?
5. Who is considered to be one of the most important diplomats of the 19th century?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)