|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This person went on to serve in which U.S. government position?
(a) Speaker of the House.
(b) Secretary of the Interior.
(c) Vice President.
(d) Secretary of State.
2. The move by the _____ Fleet was considered to be a major offensive.
3. In what year did Kissinger meet Mao?
4. Which was not part of Mao's domestic agenda?
(a) Transportation improvements.
(b) A new economic model.
(c) Land reform.
(d) Destruction of opposition.
5. Which was not address as being one of the four key sectors?
(c) National defense.
6. At that time ____ was considered to be out of fashion.
(c) International trade.
7. According to Mao, the world is not ____.
8. In which year did this person speak out as a member of the administration?
9. Liu Shaoqi, who served in the number two spot the title of President from _____.
(a) 1953 to 1965.
(b) 1956 to 1969.
(c) 1951 to 1962.
(d) 1959 to 1967.
10. Vietnamese troops had infiltrated which location?
(a) South Korea.
11. China classified American as a capitalist-______ society.
12. The Horizontal Line included all but which of the following?
13. The Gang of ___ wanted to turn inward to gain new leadership.
14. What year did the last conversations between Mao and Kissinger take place?
15. Which mountain range is on the western frontier of China?
Short Answer Questions
1. The United States experienced a new type of normalcy with the inauguration of President _____.
2. How old was Kissinger at this time?
3. Quemoy is approximately ___ miles from the major Chinese port city of Xiamen.
4. Kissinger and Mao discussed the importance of Japan's feelings of ______.
5. In what year was the treaty signed?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)