|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who worked as the head of the Beijing Liaison Office?
2. Zhou was a die-hard Mao loyalist for ___ years.
3. Russia promised to back up China under the Treaty of ______ and Alliance.
4. China saw the _____ Line as a symbol of British plans to loosen China's control over Tibet.
5. In what year did the Russian premier visit Mao in China?
6. Which was not part of Mao's domestic agenda?
(a) A new economic model.
(b) Land reform.
(c) Transportation improvements.
(d) Destruction of opposition.
7. What was the name of the communique that established an alliance between the U.S. and China?
8. In what year was the treaty signed?
9. Zhou had been stricken with which disease?
(a) Heart disease.
(c) Liver disease.
(d) Multiple sclerosis.
10. The United States experienced a new type of normalcy with the inauguration of President _____.
11. What year did the last conversations between Mao and Kissinger take place?
12. According to Mao, the world is not ____.
13. In Indochina, the French colonial project left all but which country with contested borders?
(c) North Vietnam.
14. Indian Prime Minister Jawaharlal _____ had a cultural and sentimental interest in Tibet.
15. At the end of the ___ War, it was expected that Mao might seek respite.
(b) Second World.
(c) First World.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mao's maneuvers were often said to be ____.
2. Kissinger reported to President Ford that Mao's attitude was "sort of ______."
3. In 1967 Nixon published an article in which publication?
4. Which Russian premier made the visit?
5. In which year did this person speak out as a member of the administration?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)