|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Kissinger at this time?
2. Russia promised to back up China under the Treaty of ______ and Alliance.
3. Beijing and ___ had opposing views of the Chinese identity.
(c) Hong Kong.
(d) Lin Sen.
4. Who is considered to be one of the most important diplomats of the 19th century?
5. Who worked as the Assistant Secretary of State for Eastern Affairs?
6. The meetings with Mao and Zhou took place in which year?
7. Mao's maneuvers were often said to be ____.
8. At that time ____ was considered to be out of fashion.
(b) International trade.
9. What was the name of the communique that established an alliance between the U.S. and China?
10. Vietnamese troops had infiltrated which location?
(d) South Korea.
11. In what year did Kissinger meet Mao?
12. In what year was the treaty signed?
13. Mao's forces faced America in the ____ Strait.
14. What was the name given to China's effort to support and strengthen its economy?
(a) New Deal.
(b) Forward Movement.
(c) First Steps.
(d) Great Leap Forward.
15. What was the role of Le Duc Tho?
(a) Press secretary.
(b) Military police.
(d) Mao's assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item did China export to Russia?
2. Which country was most threatening in 1973?
3. Kissinger and Mao discussed the importance of Japan's feelings of ______.
4. In which year did Zhou disappear from the political forum?
5. Which group went up against the offshore islands?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)