|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The communique was developed under the auspices of which president?
2. In Indochina, the French colonial project left all but which country with contested borders?
(c) North Vietnam.
3. Drew Middleton worked for which newspaper?
(a) Moscow Daily.
(b) New York Times.
(c) Beijing Times.
(d) Washington Post.
4. Who worked as the head of the Beijing Liaison Office?
5. The Horizontal Line included all but which of the following?
6. Who is considered to be one of the most important diplomats of the 19th century?
7. In what year did this event occur?
8. It was said that China should strive for "comprehensive ________."
9. In what year did Kissinger meet Mao?
10. Indian Prime Minister Jawaharlal _____ had a cultural and sentimental interest in Tibet.
11. What was the title of Qiao Guanhua?
(b) Presidential Attache.
(c) Foreign Minister.
(d) Prime Minister.
12. What animal is mentioned in conjunction with the Third Vietnam War?
13. At that time ____ was considered to be out of fashion.
(c) International trade.
14. Where did the meeting between President Ford and Soviet Premier Brezhnev take place?
(a) St. Petersburg.
15. In which year did Zhou disappear from the political forum?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mao employed the Zhuge Liang ____ City Stratagem in his attack.
2. Lu Hsing-chi said that the country was in a(n) ____ condition.
3. China classified American as a capitalist-______ society.
4. Quemoy is approximately ___ miles from the major Chinese port city of Xiamen.
5. Who worked as the Assistant Secretary of State for Eastern Affairs?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)