|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the director of the CIA at this time?
2. The move by the _____ Fleet was considered to be a major offensive.
3. Kissinger and Mao discussed the importance of Japan's feelings of ______.
4. Kissinger reported to President Ford that Mao's attitude was "sort of ______."
5. In what year was the treaty signed?
6. Beijing and ___ had opposing views of the Chinese identity.
(a) Lin Sen.
(c) Hong Kong.
7. Russia promised to back up China under the Treaty of ______ and Alliance.
8. In 1967 Nixon published an article in which publication?
(c) Foreign Affairs.
(d) Wall Street Journal.
9. Where did the meeting between President Ford and Soviet Premier Brezhnev take place?
(d) St. Petersburg.
10. In what year did the Qing Dynasty end?
11. Mao employed the Zhuge Liang ____ City Stratagem in his attack.
12. What item did China export to Russia?
13. Zhou was a die-hard Mao loyalist for ___ years.
14. At that time ____ was considered to be out of fashion.
(a) International trade.
15. Zhou had been stricken with which disease?
(a) Multiple sclerosis.
(b) Liver disease.
(d) Heart disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year did this person speak out as a member of the administration?
2. Which group went up against the offshore islands?
3. Lu Hsing-chi said that the country was in a(n) ____ condition.
4. In which year did Zhou disappear from the political forum?
5. What was the office filled by Zhou?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)