|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Indian Prime Minister Jawaharlal _____ had a cultural and sentimental interest in Tibet.
2. What was the name of the communique that established an alliance between the U.S. and China?
3. At the end of the ___ War, it was expected that Mao might seek respite.
(b) First World.
(d) Second World.
4. Liu Shaoqi, who served in the number two spot the title of President from _____.
(a) 1953 to 1965.
(b) 1951 to 1962.
(c) 1959 to 1967.
(d) 1956 to 1969.
5. Which group went up against the offshore islands?
6. What was the title of Qiao Guanhua?
(b) Presidential Attache.
(c) Foreign Minister.
(d) Prime Minister.
7. Mao's forces faced America in the ____ Strait.
8. Where did the meeting between President Ford and Soviet Premier Brezhnev take place?
(c) St. Petersburg.
9. What was Mao's title?
10. Zhou's critics had argued that he was too ____.
11. China saw the _____ Line as a symbol of British plans to loosen China's control over Tibet.
12. Who worked as the head of the Beijing Liaison Office?
13. Kissinger and Mao discussed the importance of Japan's feelings of ______.
14. Which Russian premier made the visit?
15. In which year did Zhou disappear from the political forum?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the treaty signed?
2. The meetings with Mao and Zhou took place in which year?
3. Zhou was a die-hard Mao loyalist for ___ years.
4. In what year did the Russian premier visit Mao in China?
5. Lu Hsing-chi said that the country was in a(n) ____ condition.
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)