|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name given to China's effort to support and strengthen its economy?
(a) First Steps.
(b) Forward Movement.
(c) New Deal.
(d) Great Leap Forward.
2. According to Mao, the world is not ____.
3. What was the role of Le Duc Tho?
(b) Military police.
(c) Mao's assistant.
(d) Press secretary.
4. What item did China export to Russia?
5. Kissinger and Mao discussed the importance of Japan's feelings of ______.
6. Indian Prime Minister Jawaharlal _____ had a cultural and sentimental interest in Tibet.
7. Where did the meeting between President Ford and Soviet Premier Brezhnev take place?
(c) St. Petersburg.
8. This person went on to serve in which U.S. government position?
(a) Speaker of the House.
(b) Secretary of State.
(c) Vice President.
(d) Secretary of the Interior.
9. The Chinese planned to accomplish this task in ___ years.
10. The Horizontal Line included all but which of the following?
11. Beijing and ___ had opposing views of the Chinese identity.
(b) Lin Sen.
(d) Hong Kong.
12. How old was Kissinger at this time?
13. The Gang of ___ wanted to turn inward to gain new leadership.
14. Who worked as the Assistant Secretary of State for Eastern Affairs?
15. The Chinese had a long relationship with which country?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year did this person speak out as a member of the administration?
2. Who was Zhang Chunqiao?
3. Which was not address as being one of the four key sectors?
4. Which group went up against the offshore islands?
5. How many years had gone by since the U.N. had passed a resolution regarding China and Korea?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)