|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the director of the CIA at this time?
2. When did Eisenhower make his first State of the Union address?
3. In Indochina, the French colonial project left all but which country with contested borders?
(a) North Vietnam.
4. What animal is mentioned in conjunction with the Third Vietnam War?
5. What year did the last conversations between Mao and Kissinger take place?
6. Which was not part of Mao's domestic agenda?
(a) A new economic model.
(b) Land reform.
(c) Transportation improvements.
(d) Destruction of opposition.
7. How many million people lived in Thailand at that time?
8. In which year did Kissinger first meet with Deng?
9. How old was Kissinger at this time?
10. How old was Mao at this time?
11. This person went on to serve in which U.S. government position?
(a) Speaker of the House.
(b) Secretary of the Interior.
(c) Secretary of State.
(d) Vice President.
12. It was said that China should strive for "comprehensive ________."
13. China classified American as a capitalist-______ society.
14. The Gang of ___ wanted to turn inward to gain new leadership.
15. Indian Prime Minister Jawaharlal _____ had a cultural and sentimental interest in Tibet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Zhou had been stricken with which disease?
2. In what year was the treaty signed?
3. What was the role of Le Duc Tho?
4. Who was Zhang Chunqiao?
5. What was Mao's title?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)