|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _____ Military Commission was responsible for ordering an end to Chinese withdrawals.
2. In what year did the Qing Dynasty end?
3. How many million people lived in Thailand at that time?
4. The Gang of ___ wanted to turn inward to gain new leadership.
5. Zhou was a die-hard Mao loyalist for ___ years.
6. In what year did the Russian premier visit Mao in China?
7. What was the name of the communique that established an alliance between the U.S. and China?
8. Kissinger reported to President Ford that Mao's attitude was "sort of ______."
9. What item did China export to Russia?
10. What was the name given to China's effort to support and strengthen its economy?
(a) Forward Movement.
(b) First Steps.
(c) New Deal.
(d) Great Leap Forward.
11. What was the office filled by Zhou?
(a) Secretary of State.
(d) Prime Minister.
12. How many years had gone by since the U.N. had passed a resolution regarding China and Korea?
13. In what year did this event occur?
14. Mao's forces faced America in the ____ Strait.
15. The communique was developed under the auspices of which president?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is mentioned in conjunction with the Third Vietnam War?
2. It was said that China should strive for "comprehensive ________."
3. Who was the director of the CIA at this time?
4. Who is considered to be one of the most important diplomats of the 19th century?
5. What word is used to describe the agreement between President Ford and Soviet Premier Brezhnev?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)