|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Manchu Heartland is located in ____ China.
2. This strategy was put into place by which of the following?
(a) Chiang Kai-Shek.
(b) Wei Yuan.
(c) Mao Zedong.
(d) Lin Sen.
3. Traditionally, China did not on technology or military power but relied upon two of its most deeply traditional resources: the analytical abilities of its diplomats, and the endurance and ____________ of its people.
(c) Cultural confidence.
(d) Inner warriors.
4. Which American political scientist is mentioned?
5. China is referred to as being a ____ society.
6. What was the name of the new ministry?
(a) Yuhan Wei Yamen Shiwu .
(b) Shiwu Zongli Geguo Yamen.
(c) Zongli Geguo Shiwu Yamen.
(d) Yamen Li Weishe Shiwu .
7. The Chinese fired upon the contingency from which location?
(a) Dagu Forts.
(b) Great Wall.
(c) Beijing's parliament house.
(d) Emperor's palace.
8. Which method was adopted officially in the People's Republic of China in 1979 ?
9. The ____ Emperor is considered to be the founder of China.
10. In what year did the French Jesuit Jean-Baptiste Du Halde write about China?
11. What other country was a part of the Sinocentric world?
12. In 1820, China produced ____ of the world GDP.
13. What word is best used to describe China's cultural and political situation?
14. The treaty also permitted travel on which river?
(c) Irtysh Irtysh.
15. The Chinese managed to pit which two countries against each other in Manchuria?
(a) China and India.
(b) France and Japan.
(c) Russia and Japan.
(d) Korea and Russia.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chinese learned to play the ____ off one another.
2. Thirty years later, French political economist _____ expanded on Jean-Baptiste Du Halde's work.
3. What was the time period of the Song Dynasty?
4. By 1860, the Russians had been in Beijing for ____ years.
5. Before the _____ War, China saw diplomacy and international trade as a way to express its preeminence.
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)