|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A new gap in authority began to appear after the occurrence of the Qiying-_______ negotiations.
2. In which year was a letter dispatched from China to the US?
3. Who was president of the United States at that time?
4. The Prince quote an ancient Chinese saying: "Resort to peace and _____ when temporarily obliged to do so; use war and defense as your actual policy."
5. One of the great wars in China revolved around which drug?
6. The Chinese referred to the British as ____.
7. What is Kissinger's first name?
8. Traditionally, China did not on technology or military power but relied upon two of its most deeply traditional resources: the analytical abilities of its diplomats, and the endurance and ____________ of its people.
(b) Inner warriors.
(d) Cultural confidence.
9. China is referred to as being a ____ society.
10. What word is best used to describe China's cultural and political situation?
11. The Chinese managed to pit which two countries against each other in Manchuria?
(a) Russia and Japan.
(b) France and Japan.
(c) Korea and Russia.
(d) China and India.
12. A tribute system was developed in the _____ Islands.
13. What was the name of the Emperor's half-brother?
(a) Prince Qi.
(b) Prince Gong.
(c) Prince Yuan.
(d) Prince Mei.
14. Which country was not referred to in this plan?
(d) South Korea.
15. What is the ruling philosophy of China?
(a) Imperial rule.
(b) Mandate of Heaven.
(c) Honor before self.
(d) Know thyself.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which direction did the nomadic groups tend to stay?
2. Which American political scientist is mentioned?
3. In what year did the "Plans for a Maritime Defense" go into effect?
4. What does "tian xia" mean?
5. The Chinese learned to play the ____ off one another.
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)