|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the Emperor's half-brother?
(a) Prince Qi.
(b) Prince Gong.
(c) Prince Yuan.
(d) Prince Mei.
2. Traditionally, China did not on technology or military power but relied upon two of its most deeply traditional resources: the analytical abilities of its diplomats, and the endurance and ____________ of its people.
(a) Inner warriors.
(b) Cultural confidence.
3. In what year did the French Jesuit Jean-Baptiste Du Halde write about China?
4. Mao once claimed that the population of China declined from 50 million to ____ million.
5. What was the time period of the Song Dynasty?
6. In 1820, China produced ____ of the world GDP.
7. In which year was a letter dispatched from China to the US?
8. By this time it is believed that China had survived for ____ years.
9. The treaty allowed a permanent ____ to be established in Beijing.
(b) Military base.
(c) U.S. presence.
10. The Manchu Heartland is located in ____ China.
11. Which major Chinese city was first visited by Kissinger?
(c) Hong Kong,
12. The Chinese learned to play the ____ off one another.
13. Thirty years later, French political economist _____ expanded on Jean-Baptiste Du Halde's work.
14. Which country attempted to invade China from the north and west to claim dominance over the country's high lands?
15. In which direction did the nomadic groups tend to stay?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year did China's leader summon his top military personnel to Beijing?
2. China underwent a "century of _____" before giving into national communism.
3. The treaty also permitted travel on which river?
4. China has produced a greater share of total world GDP than any Western civilization in ____ of the last 20 centuries.
5. China saw itself as being in the center of the world and often referred to itself as the _____.
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)