|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month was the meeting called?
2. Who was China's leader at the time?
(a) Chiang Kai-Shek.
(b) Ma Ying-Jeou.
(c) Lin Sen.
(d) Mao Zedong.
3. China is referred to as being a ____ society.
4. In what year did Zheng He's expeditions stop abruptly?
5. In 1859, Frederick ____ arrived in Beijing.
6. In what year B.C. did the Chinese unification take place?
7. Who was considered to be China's principal threat at this time?
8. The Prince quote an ancient Chinese saying: "Resort to peace and _____ when temporarily obliged to do so; use war and defense as your actual policy."
9. The Chinese fired upon the contingency from which location?
(a) Beijing's parliament house.
(b) Great Wall.
(c) Dagu Forts.
(d) Emperor's palace.
10. One of the great wars in China revolved around which drug?
11. Who is the ancient sage often referred to in the text?
12. Which method is used to translate Chinese close to the Roman alphabet?
13. A new gap in authority began to appear after the occurrence of the Qiying-_______ negotiations.
14. Mao once claimed that the population of China declined from 50 million to ____ million.
15. What word is best used to describe China's cultural and political situation?
Short Answer Questions
1. The first major attempt to right things with China was led by Britain's Lord George ______.
2. What is Kissinger's first name?
3. The Manchu Heartland is located in ____ China.
4. Traditionally, China did not on technology or military power but relied upon two of its most deeply traditional resources: the analytical abilities of its diplomats, and the endurance and ____________ of its people.
5. How long had the conflict been going on?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)