|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country attempted to invade China from the north and west to claim dominance over the country's high lands?
2. How many times has Kissinger visited China?
3. Kissinger compares the unification to which European treaty in 1648?
(a) Treaty of Kensington.
(b) Treaty of Westphalia.
(c) Treaty of Berlin.
(d) Treaty of Paris.
4. The Chinese managed to pit which two countries against each other in Manchuria?
(a) Russia and Japan.
(b) France and Japan.
(c) Korea and Russia.
(d) China and India.
5. The treaty also permitted travel on which river?
(a) Irtysh Irtysh.
6. A new gap in authority began to appear after the occurrence of the Qiying-_______ negotiations.
7. In which direction did the nomadic groups tend to stay?
8. The Prince quote an ancient Chinese saying: "Resort to peace and _____ when temporarily obliged to do so; use war and defense as your actual policy."
9. What word is best used to describe China's cultural and political situation?
10. In which year was a letter dispatched from China to the US?
11. It was stated that Nian and ____ were places that constituted organic disease.
12. The Manchu Heartland is located in ____ China.
13. Which method was adopted officially in the People's Republic of China in 1979 ?
14. Count _____ Ignatieff served as the Czar's brilliant and devious young plenipotentiary.
15. The Chinese referred to the British as ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chinese learned to play the ____ off one another.
2. In what year B.C. did the Chinese unification take place?
3. Thirty years later, French political economist _____ expanded on Jean-Baptiste Du Halde's work.
4. What was the name of the Emperor's half-brother?
5. When was the Han Dynasty?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)