|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month was the meeting called?
2. What does "tian xia" mean?
(a) United we stand.
(b) Together in faith.
(c) Only one Emperor.
(d) All under Heaven.
3. In what year B.C. did the Chinese unification take place?
4. Who was president of the United States at that time?
5. Which is not one of the nomadic groups mentioned?
6. This strategy was put into place by which of the following?
(a) Lin Sen.
(b) Wei Yuan.
(c) Mao Zedong.
(d) Chiang Kai-Shek.
7. China often referred to itself as the "Most ____ Nation."
8. Forces from which country were in place in which location at this time?
(a) North Vietnam.
(d) Hong Kong.
9. Count _____ Ignatieff served as the Czar's brilliant and devious young plenipotentiary.
10. Mao once claimed that the population of China declined from 50 million to ____ million.
11. The Chinese fired upon the contingency from which location?
(a) Dagu Forts.
(b) Beijing's parliament house.
(c) Great Wall.
(d) Emperor's palace.
12. The high point of the _____ Dynasty was also the turning point for China.
13. Which American political scientist is mentioned?
14. What is the ruling philosophy of China?
(a) Imperial rule.
(b) Know thyself.
(c) Mandate of Heaven.
(d) Honor before self.
15. During which period did the decline take place?
(a) Imperial War.
(b) Ming Dynasty.
(c) Chang Dynasty.
(d) Three Kingdoms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not one of the countries mentioned as a location in China's periphery?
2. Kissinger compares the unification to which European treaty in 1648?
3. A new gap in authority began to appear after the occurrence of the Qiying-_______ negotiations.
4. China is referred to as being a ____ society.
5. What other country was a part of the Sinocentric world?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)