|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kissinger compares the unification to which European treaty in 1648?
(a) Treaty of Kensington.
(b) Treaty of Westphalia.
(c) Treaty of Paris.
(d) Treaty of Berlin.
2. How long had the conflict been going on?
(a) 50 years.
(b) 60 years.
(c) 70 years.
(d) 40 years.
3. Which is not one of the nomadic groups mentioned?
4. In which year did China's leader summon his top military personnel to Beijing?
5. Who was considered to be China's principal threat at this time?
6. The Chinese managed to pit which two countries against each other in Manchuria?
(a) Russia and Japan.
(b) Korea and Russia.
(c) China and India.
(d) France and Japan.
7. The Count managed to open Urga, which is located in which region?
(b) North Vietnam.
8. Which method is used to translate Chinese close to the Roman alphabet?
9. In which year was a letter dispatched from China to the US?
10. Which major Chinese city was first visited by Kissinger?
(b) Hong Kong,
11. What was the name of the Emperor's half-brother?
(a) Prince Qi.
(b) Prince Mei.
(c) Prince Gong.
(d) Prince Yuan.
12. Which country was not referred to in this plan?
(d) South Korea.
13. Which rebellion began in the 1850s?
14. What word is best used to describe Li Hongzhang?
15. A tribute system was developed in the _____ Islands.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1820, China produced ____ of the world GDP.
2. China has produced a greater share of total world GDP than any Western civilization in ____ of the last 20 centuries.
3. Which country attempted to invade China from the north and west to claim dominance over the country's high lands?
4. In the early years China often exchanged good with which country?
5. The ministry's new name translated into:
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)