|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the ancient sage often referred to in the text?
2. What other country was a part of the Sinocentric world?
3. In which year did China's leader summon his top military personnel to Beijing?
4. The Chinese learned to play the ____ off one another.
5. By 1860, the Russians had been in Beijing for ____ years.
6. What word is best used to describe Li Hongzhang?
7. In 1820, China produced ____ of the world GDP.
8. The Chinese referred to the British as ____.
9. In which year was a letter dispatched from China to the US?
10. What word is best used to describe China's cultural and political situation?
11. What is Kissinger's first name?
12. Traditionally, China did not on technology or military power but relied upon two of its most deeply traditional resources: the analytical abilities of its diplomats, and the endurance and ____________ of its people.
(a) Inner warriors.
(c) Cultural confidence.
13. A tribute system was developed in the _____ Islands.
14. Who was China's leader at the time?
(a) Chiang Kai-Shek.
(b) Mao Zedong.
(c) Lin Sen.
(d) Ma Ying-Jeou.
15. What does "tian xia" mean?
(a) Only one Emperor.
(b) United we stand.
(c) All under Heaven.
(d) Together in faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was considered to be China's principal threat at this time?
2. China has produced a greater share of total world GDP than any Western civilization in ____ of the last 20 centuries.
3. Which country joined Britain at this point?
4. Which is not one of the nomadic groups mentioned?
5. Which rebellion began in the 1850s?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)