|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chinese learned to play the ____ off one another.
2. A new gap in authority began to appear after the occurrence of the Qiying-_______ negotiations.
3. Which American political scientist is mentioned?
4. In what year was the Treaty of Tianjin signed?
5. China saw itself as being in the center of the world and often referred to itself as the _____.
(a) Middle Kingdom.
(c) World's Blood.
6. In what year did Zheng He's expeditions stop abruptly?
7. The Prince quote an ancient Chinese saying: "Resort to peace and _____ when temporarily obliged to do so; use war and defense as your actual policy."
8. In which year was a letter dispatched from China to the US?
9. In what year did the "Plans for a Maritime Defense" go into effect?
10. The treaty also permitted travel on which river?
(d) Irtysh Irtysh.
11. Forces from which country were in place in which location at this time?
(b) North Vietnam.
(d) Hong Kong.
12. Who is the ancient sage often referred to in the text?
13. Which is not one of the countries mentioned as a location in China's periphery?
(b) Hong Kong.
14. In what year B.C. did the Chinese unification take place?
15. The Chinese fired upon the contingency from which location?
(a) Dagu Forts.
(b) Great Wall.
(c) Beijing's parliament house.
(d) Emperor's palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country joined Britain at this point?
2. Who was China's leader at the time?
3. During which period did the decline take place?
4. Which country attempted to invade China from the north and west to claim dominance over the country's high lands?
5. Count _____ Ignatieff served as the Czar's brilliant and devious young plenipotentiary.
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)