|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which direction did the nomadic groups tend to stay?
2. A tribute system was developed in the _____ Islands.
3. Who was China's leader at the time?
(a) Chiang Kai-Shek.
(b) Lin Sen.
(c) Ma Ying-Jeou.
(d) Mao Zedong.
4. When was the Han Dynasty?
(a) A.D. 45-260.
(b) A.D. 25-220.
(c) A.D. 33-301.
(d) A.D. 12-419.
5. The ____ Emperor is considered to be the founder of China.
6. China has produced a greater share of total world GDP than any Western civilization in ____ of the last 20 centuries.
7. What other country was a part of the Sinocentric world?
8. In what year did Zheng He's expeditions stop abruptly?
9. The treaty allowed a permanent ____ to be established in Beijing.
(b) Military base.
(c) U.S. presence.
10. The high point of the _____ Dynasty was also the turning point for China.
11. In what year was the Treaty of Tianjin signed?
12. What does "tian xia" mean?
(a) United we stand.
(b) All under Heaven.
(c) Together in faith.
(d) Only one Emperor.
13. In 1820, China produced ____ of the world GDP.
14. What was the name of the new ministry?
(a) Yuhan Wei Yamen Shiwu .
(b) Yamen Li Weishe Shiwu .
(c) Zongli Geguo Shiwu Yamen.
(d) Shiwu Zongli Geguo Yamen.
15. Which method is used to translate Chinese close to the Roman alphabet?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Manchu Heartland is located in ____ China.
2. Which is not one of the countries mentioned as a location in China's periphery?
3. The first major attempt to right things with China was led by Britain's Lord George ______.
4. The Prince quote an ancient Chinese saying: "Resort to peace and _____ when temporarily obliged to do so; use war and defense as your actual policy."
5. In 1859, Frederick ____ arrived in Beijing.
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)