|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country attempted to invade China from the north and west to claim dominance over the country's high lands?
2. The Chinese managed to pit which two countries against each other in Manchuria?
(a) China and India.
(b) Russia and Japan.
(c) France and Japan.
(d) Korea and Russia.
3. What word is best used to describe China's cultural and political situation?
4. This strategy was put into place by which of the following?
(a) Wei Yuan.
(b) Chiang Kai-Shek.
(c) Lin Sen.
(d) Mao Zedong.
5. Which country joined Britain at this point?
6. What was the name of the new ministry?
(a) Yuhan Wei Yamen Shiwu .
(b) Zongli Geguo Shiwu Yamen.
(c) Yamen Li Weishe Shiwu .
(d) Shiwu Zongli Geguo Yamen.
7. Which method was adopted officially in the People's Republic of China in 1979 ?
8. Which is not one of the countries mentioned as a location in China's periphery?
(c) Hong Kong.
9. China underwent a "century of _____" before giving into national communism.
10. In which direction did the nomadic groups tend to stay?
11. In 1859, Frederick ____ arrived in Beijing.
12. The Chinese learned to play the ____ off one another.
13. The treaty also permitted travel on which river?
(b) Irtysh Irtysh.
14. Thirty years later, French political economist _____ expanded on Jean-Baptiste Du Halde's work.
15. China is referred to as being a ____ society.
Short Answer Questions
1. A tribute system was developed in the _____ Islands.
2. In which year did China's leader summon his top military personnel to Beijing?
3. Which major Chinese city was first visited by Kissinger?
4. The ministry's new name translated into:
5. In what year B.C. did the Chinese unification take place?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)