|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is not one of the countries mentioned as a location in China's periphery?
(d) Hong Kong.
2. It was stated that Nian and ____ were places that constituted organic disease.
3. In which year did China's leader summon his top military personnel to Beijing?
4. What other country was a part of the Sinocentric world?
5. The Count managed to open Urga, which is located in which region?
(b) North Vietnam.
6. In which year was a letter dispatched from China to the US?
7. Traditionally, China did not on technology or military power but relied upon two of its most deeply traditional resources: the analytical abilities of its diplomats, and the endurance and ____________ of its people.
(b) Inner warriors.
(c) Cultural confidence.
8. Count _____ Ignatieff served as the Czar's brilliant and devious young plenipotentiary.
9. What is Kissinger's first name?
10. In what year B.C. did the Chinese unification take place?
11. In 1859, Frederick ____ arrived in Beijing.
12. China underwent a "century of _____" before giving into national communism.
13. What word is best used to describe Li Hongzhang?
14. The Chinese learned to play the ____ off one another.
15. The first major attempt to right things with China was led by Britain's Lord George ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. The treaty allowed a permanent ____ to be established in Beijing.
2. Which major Chinese city was first visited by Kissinger?
3. By 1860, the Russians had been in Beijing for ____ years.
4. Kissinger compares the unification to which European treaty in 1648?
5. Who was president of the United States at that time?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)