|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the Treaty of Tianjin signed?
2. Mao once claimed that the population of China declined from 50 million to ____ million.
3. China underwent a "century of _____" before giving into national communism.
4. During which period did the decline take place?
(a) Imperial War.
(b) Ming Dynasty.
(c) Three Kingdoms.
(d) Chang Dynasty.
5. China saw itself as being in the center of the world and often referred to itself as the _____.
(b) World's Blood.
(d) Middle Kingdom.
6. What word is best used to describe Li Hongzhang?
7. In what month was the meeting called?
8. The treaty also permitted travel on which river?
(d) Irtysh Irtysh.
9. Which country initiated the treaty?
(d) United States.
10. Before the _____ War, China saw diplomacy and international trade as a way to express its preeminence.
(a) First World.
(b) Second World.
11. In what year did the "Plans for a Maritime Defense" go into effect?
12. What was the name of the Emperor's half-brother?
(a) Prince Mei.
(b) Prince Gong.
(c) Prince Yuan.
(d) Prince Qi.
13. In what year B.C. did the Chinese unification take place?
14. Which is not one of the nomadic groups mentioned?
15. In the early years China often exchanged good with which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Thirty years later, French political economist _____ expanded on Jean-Baptiste Du Halde's work.
2. Forces from which country were in place in which location at this time?
3. In which year was a letter dispatched from China to the US?
4. A new gap in authority began to appear after the occurrence of the Qiying-_______ negotiations.
5. The treaty allowed a permanent ____ to be established in Beijing.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)