|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ministry's new name translated into:
(a) Office for the General Supervision of Ambassadorships.
(b) Office for the General Management of Diplomacy.
(c) Office for the General Management of the Affairs of All Nations.
(d) Office for the International Trade.
2. Which American political scientist is mentioned?
3. By this time it is believed that China had survived for ____ years.
4. Thirty years later, French political economist _____ expanded on Jean-Baptiste Du Halde's work.
5. The high point of the _____ Dynasty was also the turning point for China.
6. The treaty also permitted travel on which river?
(c) Irtysh Irtysh.
7. During which period did the decline take place?
(a) Ming Dynasty.
(b) Chang Dynasty.
(c) Imperial War.
(d) Three Kingdoms.
8. In the early years China often exchanged good with which country?
9. Which country initiated the treaty?
(c) United States.
10. Which method is used to translate Chinese close to the Roman alphabet?
11. What was the time period of the Song Dynasty?
12. Who was considered to be China's principal threat at this time?
13. The Prince quote an ancient Chinese saying: "Resort to peace and _____ when temporarily obliged to do so; use war and defense as your actual policy."
14. When was the Han Dynasty?
(a) A.D. 33-301.
(b) A.D. 45-260.
(c) A.D. 12-419.
(d) A.D. 25-220.
15. This strategy was put into place by which of the following?
(a) Lin Sen.
(b) Mao Zedong.
(c) Wei Yuan.
(d) Chiang Kai-Shek.
Short Answer Questions
1. China is referred to as being a ____ society.
2. The first major attempt to right things with China was led by Britain's Lord George ______.
3. In 1859, Frederick ____ arrived in Beijing.
4. In what year was the Treaty of Tianjin signed?
5. A tribute system was developed in the _____ Islands.
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)