|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the early years China often exchanged good with which country?
2. Mao once claimed that the population of China declined from 50 million to ____ million.
3. The Count managed to open Urga, which is located in which region?
(c) North Vietnam.
4. Which major Chinese city was first visited by Kissinger?
(b) Hong Kong,
5. The Manchu Heartland is located in ____ China.
6. By 1860, the Russians had been in Beijing for ____ years.
7. The ministry's new name translated into:
(a) Office for the General Management of the Affairs of All Nations.
(b) Office for the General Management of Diplomacy.
(c) Office for the General Supervision of Ambassadorships.
(d) Office for the International Trade.
8. China has produced a greater share of total world GDP than any Western civilization in ____ of the last 20 centuries.
9. The first major attempt to right things with China was led by Britain's Lord George ______.
10. Which country attempted to invade China from the north and west to claim dominance over the country's high lands?
11. In which year was a letter dispatched from China to the US?
12. Who was president of the United States at that time?
13. Which American political scientist is mentioned?
14. Which is not one of the nomadic groups mentioned?
15. In what year did Zheng He's expeditions stop abruptly?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kissinger's first name?
2. Kissinger compares the unification to which European treaty in 1648?
3. In what year did the French Jesuit Jean-Baptiste Du Halde write about China?
4. In 1859, Frederick ____ arrived in Beijing.
5. The Chinese referred to the British as ____.
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)