|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which direction did the nomadic groups tend to stay?
2. In what year did Zheng He's expeditions stop abruptly?
3. It was stated that Nian and ____ were places that constituted organic disease.
4. China is referred to as being a ____ society.
5. In which year did China's leader summon his top military personnel to Beijing?
6. What was the time period of the Song Dynasty?
7. What word is best used to describe Li Hongzhang?
8. Which country attempted to invade China from the north and west to claim dominance over the country's high lands?
9. In what year B.C. did the Chinese unification take place?
10. Which country joined Britain at this point?
11. When was the Han Dynasty?
(a) A.D. 25-220.
(b) A.D. 45-260.
(c) A.D. 12-419.
(d) A.D. 33-301.
12. By 1860, the Russians had been in Beijing for ____ years.
13. Which method is used to translate Chinese close to the Roman alphabet?
14. A new gap in authority began to appear after the occurrence of the Qiying-_______ negotiations.
15. Which country was not referred to in this plan?
(b) South Korea.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month was the meeting called?
2. Count _____ Ignatieff served as the Czar's brilliant and devious young plenipotentiary.
3. The ministry's new name translated into:
4. Forces from which country were in place in which location at this time?
5. How long had the conflict been going on?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)