|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ruling philosophy of China?
(a) Mandate of Heaven.
(b) Honor before self.
(c) Know thyself.
(d) Imperial rule.
2. China underwent a "century of _____" before giving into national communism.
3. What was the name of the Emperor's half-brother?
(a) Prince Qi.
(b) Prince Gong.
(c) Prince Mei.
(d) Prince Yuan.
4. What was the name of the new ministry?
(a) Shiwu Zongli Geguo Yamen.
(b) Zongli Geguo Shiwu Yamen.
(c) Yuhan Wei Yamen Shiwu .
(d) Yamen Li Weishe Shiwu .
5. By 1860, the Russians had been in Beijing for ____ years.
6. Which country joined Britain at this point?
7. China often referred to itself as the "Most ____ Nation."
8. The high point of the _____ Dynasty was also the turning point for China.
9. What word is best used to describe Li Hongzhang?
10. Count _____ Ignatieff served as the Czar's brilliant and devious young plenipotentiary.
11. In what year B.C. did the Chinese unification take place?
12. Which American political scientist is mentioned?
13. China has produced a greater share of total world GDP than any Western civilization in ____ of the last 20 centuries.
14. How long had the conflict been going on?
(a) 50 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 70 years.
(d) 60 years.
15. The Count managed to open Urga, which is located in which region?
(d) North Vietnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the early years China often exchanged good with which country?
2. Which method is used to translate Chinese close to the Roman alphabet?
3. Who is the ancient sage often referred to in the text?
4. The ministry's new name translated into:
5. Thirty years later, French political economist _____ expanded on Jean-Baptiste Du Halde's work.
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)