|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Count managed to open Urga, which is located in which region?
(b) North Vietnam.
2. What is Kissinger's first name?
3. Traditionally, China did not on technology or military power but relied upon two of its most deeply traditional resources: the analytical abilities of its diplomats, and the endurance and ____________ of its people.
(b) Cultural confidence.
(c) Inner warriors.
4. Which is not one of the countries mentioned as a location in China's periphery?
(d) Hong Kong.
5. Thirty years later, French political economist _____ expanded on Jean-Baptiste Du Halde's work.
6. Count _____ Ignatieff served as the Czar's brilliant and devious young plenipotentiary.
7. Which rebellion began in the 1850s?
8. In which direction did the nomadic groups tend to stay?
9. Kissinger compares the unification to which European treaty in 1648?
(a) Treaty of Berlin.
(b) Treaty of Westphalia.
(c) Treaty of Paris.
(d) Treaty of Kensington.
10. Who was considered to be China's principal threat at this time?
11. Which country initiated the treaty?
(a) United States.
12. In 1820, China produced ____ of the world GDP.
13. Who was president of the United States at that time?
14. In what year did the French Jesuit Jean-Baptiste Du Halde write about China?
15. By this time it is believed that China had survived for ____ years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which method is used to translate Chinese close to the Roman alphabet?
2. What is the ruling philosophy of China?
3. The ____ Emperor is considered to be the founder of China.
4. What was the name of the new ministry?
5. What was the name of the Emperor's half-brother?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)