|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A tribute system was developed in the _____ Islands.
2. One of the great wars in China revolved around which drug?
3. What is the ruling philosophy of China?
(a) Mandate of Heaven.
(b) Know thyself.
(c) Imperial rule.
(d) Honor before self.
4. It was stated that Nian and ____ were places that constituted organic disease.
5. Who was China's leader at the time?
(a) Lin Sen.
(b) Chiang Kai-Shek.
(c) Mao Zedong.
(d) Ma Ying-Jeou.
6. By this time it is believed that China had survived for ____ years.
7. Which is not one of the nomadic groups mentioned?
8. China saw itself as being in the center of the world and often referred to itself as the _____.
(a) World's Blood.
(b) Middle Kingdom.
9. During which period did the decline take place?
(a) Ming Dynasty.
(b) Three Kingdoms.
(c) Chang Dynasty.
(d) Imperial War.
10. Which rebellion began in the 1850s?
11. In what year was the Treaty of Tianjin signed?
12. Which country was not referred to in this plan?
(b) South Korea.
13. In which direction did the nomadic groups tend to stay?
14. The first major attempt to right things with China was led by Britain's Lord George ______.
15. Which country joined Britain at this point?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the ancient sage often referred to in the text?
2. The Count managed to open Urga, which is located in which region?
3. The Prince quote an ancient Chinese saying: "Resort to peace and _____ when temporarily obliged to do so; use war and defense as your actual policy."
4. What does "tian xia" mean?
5. The ____ Emperor is considered to be the founder of China.
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)