|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did the French Jesuit Jean-Baptiste Du Halde write about China?
2. In what year was the Treaty of Tianjin signed?
3. In which year was a letter dispatched from China to the US?
4. The Count managed to open Urga, which is located in which region?
(d) North Vietnam.
5. China is referred to as being a ____ society.
6. By this time it is believed that China had survived for ____ years.
7. In 1859, Frederick ____ arrived in Beijing.
8. Which American political scientist is mentioned?
9. The Chinese managed to pit which two countries against each other in Manchuria?
(a) China and India.
(b) Korea and Russia.
(c) Russia and Japan.
(d) France and Japan.
10. China underwent a "century of _____" before giving into national communism.
11. What was the name of the Emperor's half-brother?
(a) Prince Qi.
(b) Prince Yuan.
(c) Prince Mei.
(d) Prince Gong.
12. The Manchu Heartland is located in ____ China.
13. Who was China's leader at the time?
(a) Chiang Kai-Shek.
(b) Mao Zedong.
(c) Lin Sen.
(d) Ma Ying-Jeou.
14. In what month was the meeting called?
15. When was the Han Dynasty?
(a) A.D. 45-260.
(b) A.D. 25-220.
(c) A.D. 12-419.
(d) A.D. 33-301.
Short Answer Questions
1. China has produced a greater share of total world GDP than any Western civilization in ____ of the last 20 centuries.
2. In 1820, China produced ____ of the world GDP.
3. In what year B.C. did the Chinese unification take place?
4. How long had the conflict been going on?
5. During which period did the decline take place?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)