|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which American political scientist is mentioned?
2. What word is best used to describe China's cultural and political situation?
3. The first major attempt to right things with China was led by Britain's Lord George ______.
4. Which method is used to translate Chinese close to the Roman alphabet?
5. Before the _____ War, China saw diplomacy and international trade as a way to express its preeminence.
(b) First World.
(d) Second World.
6. China underwent a "century of _____" before giving into national communism.
7. The Prince quote an ancient Chinese saying: "Resort to peace and _____ when temporarily obliged to do so; use war and defense as your actual policy."
8. In what year did the "Plans for a Maritime Defense" go into effect?
9. The Count managed to open Urga, which is located in which region?
(d) North Vietnam.
10. Which country joined Britain at this point?
11. The treaty allowed a permanent ____ to be established in Beijing.
(c) Military base.
(d) U.S. presence.
12. Which method was adopted officially in the People's Republic of China in 1979 ?
13. The Chinese referred to the British as ____.
14. The ministry's new name translated into:
(a) Office for the General Management of Diplomacy.
(b) Office for the General Management of the Affairs of All Nations.
(c) Office for the General Supervision of Ambassadorships.
(d) Office for the International Trade.
15. In 1859, Frederick ____ arrived in Beijing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not one of the nomadic groups mentioned?
2. The Chinese managed to pit which two countries against each other in Manchuria?
3. The Chinese fired upon the contingency from which location?
4. One of the great wars in China revolved around which drug?
5. China has produced a greater share of total world GDP than any Western civilization in ____ of the last 20 centuries.
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)