|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By this time it is believed that China had survived for ____ years.
2. In which year did China's leader summon his top military personnel to Beijing?
3. Forces from which country were in place in which location at this time?
(a) North Vietnam.
(c) Hong Kong.
4. During which period did the decline take place?
(a) Imperial War.
(b) Ming Dynasty.
(c) Chang Dynasty.
(d) Three Kingdoms.
5. China saw itself as being in the center of the world and often referred to itself as the _____.
(c) Middle Kingdom.
(d) World's Blood.
6. The Prince quote an ancient Chinese saying: "Resort to peace and _____ when temporarily obliged to do so; use war and defense as your actual policy."
7. The Count managed to open Urga, which is located in which region?
(b) North Vietnam.
8. When was the Han Dynasty?
(a) A.D. 33-301.
(b) A.D. 45-260.
(c) A.D. 12-419.
(d) A.D. 25-220.
9. Which American political scientist is mentioned?
10. How many times has Kissinger visited China?
11. Which is not one of the countries mentioned as a location in China's periphery?
(a) Hong Kong.
12. In 1820, China produced ____ of the world GDP.
13. China often referred to itself as the "Most ____ Nation."
14. Which method is used to translate Chinese close to the Roman alphabet?
15. In which direction did the nomadic groups tend to stay?
Short Answer Questions
1. The treaty allowed a permanent ____ to be established in Beijing.
2. The Manchu Heartland is located in ____ China.
3. Count _____ Ignatieff served as the Czar's brilliant and devious young plenipotentiary.
4. The ministry's new name translated into:
5. Who was China's leader at the time?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)