|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which method is used to translate Chinese close to the Roman alphabet?
2. A new gap in authority began to appear after the occurrence of the Qiying-_______ negotiations.
3. During which period did the decline take place?
(a) Imperial War.
(b) Ming Dynasty.
(c) Three Kingdoms.
(d) Chang Dynasty.
4. One of the great wars in China revolved around which drug?
5. What was the name of the Emperor's half-brother?
(a) Prince Mei.
(b) Prince Qi.
(c) Prince Gong.
(d) Prince Yuan.
6. What was the time period of the Song Dynasty?
7. A tribute system was developed in the _____ Islands.
8. China has produced a greater share of total world GDP than any Western civilization in ____ of the last 20 centuries.
9. In which year did China's leader summon his top military personnel to Beijing?
10. Traditionally, China did not on technology or military power but relied upon two of its most deeply traditional resources: the analytical abilities of its diplomats, and the endurance and ____________ of its people.
(a) Inner warriors.
(c) Cultural confidence.
11. Which method was adopted officially in the People's Republic of China in 1979 ?
12. What word is best used to describe Li Hongzhang?
13. What other country was a part of the Sinocentric world?
14. The ministry's new name translated into:
(a) Office for the General Management of Diplomacy.
(b) Office for the General Management of the Affairs of All Nations.
(c) Office for the International Trade.
(d) Office for the General Supervision of Ambassadorships.
15. The Prince quote an ancient Chinese saying: "Resort to peace and _____ when temporarily obliged to do so; use war and defense as your actual policy."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not one of the countries mentioned as a location in China's periphery?
2. Which rebellion began in the 1850s?
3. Mao once claimed that the population of China declined from 50 million to ____ million.
4. The treaty allowed a permanent ____ to be established in Beijing.
5. Which country joined Britain at this point?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)