|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the new ministry?
(a) Shiwu Zongli Geguo Yamen.
(b) Yuhan Wei Yamen Shiwu .
(c) Zongli Geguo Shiwu Yamen.
(d) Yamen Li Weishe Shiwu .
2. In which year did China's leader summon his top military personnel to Beijing?
3. In what year was the Treaty of Tianjin signed?
4. Which country joined Britain at this point?
5. Mao once claimed that the population of China declined from 50 million to ____ million.
6. The high point of the _____ Dynasty was also the turning point for China.
7. Kissinger compares the unification to which European treaty in 1648?
(a) Treaty of Paris.
(b) Treaty of Westphalia.
(c) Treaty of Berlin.
(d) Treaty of Kensington.
8. The treaty allowed a permanent ____ to be established in Beijing.
(a) U.S. presence.
(d) Military base.
9. Which is not one of the countries mentioned as a location in China's periphery?
(b) Hong Kong.
10. Which method was adopted officially in the People's Republic of China in 1979 ?
11. What word is best used to describe Li Hongzhang?
12. A tribute system was developed in the _____ Islands.
13. It was stated that Nian and ____ were places that constituted organic disease.
14. Who was China's leader at the time?
(a) Mao Zedong.
(b) Ma Ying-Jeou.
(c) Chiang Kai-Shek.
(d) Lin Sen.
15. Who was considered to be China's principal threat at this time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Count _____ Ignatieff served as the Czar's brilliant and devious young plenipotentiary.
2. When was the Han Dynasty?
3. Who was president of the United States at that time?
4. Which method is used to translate Chinese close to the Roman alphabet?
5. In 1859, Frederick ____ arrived in Beijing.
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)