|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "tian xia" mean?
(a) United we stand.
(b) All under Heaven.
(c) Only one Emperor.
(d) Together in faith.
2. This strategy was put into place by which of the following?
(a) Wei Yuan.
(b) Chiang Kai-Shek.
(c) Lin Sen.
(d) Mao Zedong.
3. Who worked as the Assistant Secretary of State for Eastern Affairs?
4. China hoped to surpass ____ in steel production.
(c) Great Britain.
5. Which rebellion began in the 1850s?
Short Answer Questions
1. The treaty allowed a permanent ____ to be established in Beijing.
2. Kissinger reported to President Ford that Mao's attitude was "sort of ______."
3. Which major Chinese city was first visited by Kissinger?
4. The meetings with Mao and Zhou took place in which year?
5. Forces from which country were in place in which location at this time?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)