|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thirty years later, French political economist _____ expanded on Jean-Baptiste Du Halde's work.
2. In what year did the French Jesuit Jean-Baptiste Du Halde write about China?
3. This strategy was put into place by which of the following?
(a) Wei Yuan.
(b) Mao Zedong.
(c) Chiang Kai-Shek.
(d) Lin Sen.
4. What is the ruling philosophy of China?
(a) Honor before self.
(b) Mandate of Heaven.
(c) Know thyself.
(d) Imperial rule.
5. The first major attempt to right things with China was led by Britain's Lord George ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. China hoped to surpass ____ in steel production.
2. Lu Hsing-chi said that the country was in a(n) ____ condition.
3. The Prince quote an ancient Chinese saying: "Resort to peace and _____ when temporarily obliged to do so; use war and defense as your actual policy."
4. A tribute system was developed in the _____ Islands.
5. The _____ Flowers movement was transformed into the "Anti-Rightist Campaign."
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)