|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. China saw the _____ Line as a symbol of British plans to loosen China's control over Tibet.
2. The Chinese had a long relationship with which country?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
3. Russia promised to back up China under the Treaty of ______ and Alliance.
4. Who was president of the United States at that time?
5. The Chinese fired upon the contingency from which location?
(a) Beijing's parliament house.
(b) Emperor's palace.
(c) Great Wall.
(d) Dagu Forts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the ancient sage often referred to in the text?
2. Which country initiated the treaty?
3. The treaty also permitted travel on which river?
4. By 1860, the Russians had been in Beijing for ____ years.
5. Which country joined Britain at this point?
This section contains 141 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)