|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was considered to be China's principal threat at this time?
2. In 1859, Frederick ____ arrived in Beijing.
3. By 1860, the Russians had been in Beijing for ____ years.
4. The Chinese managed to pit which two countries against each other in Manchuria?
(a) China and India.
(b) Russia and Japan.
(c) Korea and Russia.
(d) France and Japan.
5. The Prince quote an ancient Chinese saying: "Resort to peace and _____ when temporarily obliged to do so; use war and defense as your actual policy."
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the French Jesuit Jean-Baptiste Du Halde write about China?
2. At the end of the ___ War, it was expected that Mao might seek respite.
3. The Chinese fired upon the contingency from which location?
4. Beijing and ___ had opposing views of the Chinese identity.
5. What is the ruling philosophy of China?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)