|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By 1860, the Russians had been in Beijing for ____ years.
2. In which year did China's leader summon his top military personnel to Beijing?
3. Which method was adopted officially in the People's Republic of China in 1979 ?
4. Who was considered to be China's principal threat at this time?
5. This strategy was put into place by which of the following?
(a) Wei Yuan.
(b) Mao Zedong.
(c) Lin Sen.
(d) Chiang Kai-Shek.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the Treaty of Tianjin signed?
2. In which year was a letter dispatched from China to the US?
3. What is the ruling philosophy of China?
4. Which is not one of the countries mentioned as a location in China's periphery?
5. China saw itself as being in the center of the world and often referred to itself as the _____.
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)