|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was China's leader at the time?
(a) Mao Zedong.
(b) Lin Sen.
(c) Chiang Kai-Shek.
(d) Ma Ying-Jeou.
2. The Chinese fired upon the contingency from which location?
(a) Dagu Forts.
(b) Beijing's parliament house.
(c) Emperor's palace.
(d) Great Wall.
3. Count _____ Ignatieff served as the Czar's brilliant and devious young plenipotentiary.
4. What is the ruling philosophy of China?
(a) Honor before self.
(b) Imperial rule.
(c) Know thyself.
(d) Mandate of Heaven.
5. Kissinger compares the unification to which European treaty in 1648?
(a) Treaty of Berlin.
(b) Treaty of Westphalia.
(c) Treaty of Paris.
(d) Treaty of Kensington.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first major attempt to right things with China was led by Britain's Lord George ______.
2. Which major Chinese city was first visited by Kissinger?
3. Which rebellion began in the 1850s?
4. Which method was adopted officially in the People's Republic of China in 1979 ?
5. China has produced a greater share of total world GDP than any Western civilization in ____ of the last 20 centuries.
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)