|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ____ Emperor is considered to be the founder of China.
2. The Prince quote an ancient Chinese saying: "Resort to peace and _____ when temporarily obliged to do so; use war and defense as your actual policy."
3. The Chinese learned to play the ____ off one another.
4. Kissinger compares the unification to which European treaty in 1648?
(a) Treaty of Paris.
(b) Treaty of Westphalia.
(c) Treaty of Kensington.
(d) Treaty of Berlin.
5. The Manchu Heartland is located in ____ China.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Han Dynasty?
2. Traditionally, China did not on technology or military power but relied upon two of its most deeply traditional resources: the analytical abilities of its diplomats, and the endurance and ____________ of its people.
3. Before the _____ War, China saw diplomacy and international trade as a way to express its preeminence.
4. The first major attempt to right things with China was led by Britain's Lord George ______.
5. In which year was a letter dispatched from China to the US?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)