|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which method is used to translate Chinese close to the Roman alphabet?
2. Thirty years later, French political economist _____ expanded on Jean-Baptiste Du Halde's work.
3. In what year did the "Plans for a Maritime Defense" go into effect?
4. The Prince quote an ancient Chinese saying: "Resort to peace and _____ when temporarily obliged to do so; use war and defense as your actual policy."
5. What is the ruling philosophy of China?
(a) Honor before self.
(b) Know thyself.
(c) Imperial rule.
(d) Mandate of Heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. China is referred to as being a ____ society.
2. In what year did Zheng He's expeditions stop abruptly?
3. Mao once claimed that the population of China declined from 50 million to ____ million.
4. Who was considered to be China's principal threat at this time?
5. Which rebellion began in the 1850s?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)