|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1859, Frederick ____ arrived in Beijing.
2. In what year did the French Jesuit Jean-Baptiste Du Halde write about China?
3. A tribute system was developed in the _____ Islands.
4. What is the ruling philosophy of China?
(a) Mandate of Heaven.
(b) Know thyself.
(c) Imperial rule.
(d) Honor before self.
5. The Chinese managed to pit which two countries against each other in Manchuria?
(a) China and India.
(b) France and Japan.
(c) Korea and Russia.
(d) Russia and Japan.
Short Answer Questions
1. China often referred to itself as the "Most ____ Nation."
2. When was the Han Dynasty?
3. Which is not one of the countries mentioned as a location in China's periphery?
4. Before the _____ War, China saw diplomacy and international trade as a way to express its preeminence.
5. What was the name of the new ministry?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)