|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chinese fired upon the contingency from which location?
(a) Dagu Forts.
(b) Emperor's palace.
(c) Beijing's parliament house.
(d) Great Wall.
2. By this time it is believed that China had survived for ____ years.
3. What word is best used to describe China's cultural and political situation?
4. What was the time period of the Song Dynasty?
5. What was the name of the new ministry?
(a) Yuhan Wei Yamen Shiwu .
(b) Yamen Li Weishe Shiwu .
(c) Zongli Geguo Shiwu Yamen.
(d) Shiwu Zongli Geguo Yamen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other country was a part of the Sinocentric world?
2. The Prince quote an ancient Chinese saying: "Resort to peace and _____ when temporarily obliged to do so; use war and defense as your actual policy."
3. Count _____ Ignatieff served as the Czar's brilliant and devious young plenipotentiary.
4. How many times has Kissinger visited China?
5. Who is the ancient sage often referred to in the text?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)