|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1820, China produced ____ of the world GDP.
2. In what month was the meeting called?
3. Who was president of the United States at that time?
4. What word is best used to describe Li Hongzhang?
5. The Chinese learned to play the ____ off one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the French Jesuit Jean-Baptiste Du Halde write about China?
2. In which year was a letter dispatched from China to the US?
3. A tribute system was developed in the _____ Islands.
4. The Chinese referred to the British as ____.
5. Traditionally, China did not on technology or military power but relied upon two of its most deeply traditional resources: the analytical abilities of its diplomats, and the endurance and ____________ of its people.
This section contains 144 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)