|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ruling philosophy of China?
(a) Mandate of Heaven.
(b) Honor before self.
(c) Imperial rule.
(d) Know thyself.
2. Who was considered to be China's principal threat at this time?
3. Which major Chinese city was first visited by Kissinger?
(a) Hong Kong,
4. In 1859, Frederick ____ arrived in Beijing.
5. What was the name of the new ministry?
(a) Yuhan Wei Yamen Shiwu .
(b) Shiwu Zongli Geguo Yamen.
(c) Yamen Li Weishe Shiwu .
(d) Zongli Geguo Shiwu Yamen.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Count managed to open Urga, which is located in which region?
2. A new gap in authority began to appear after the occurrence of the Qiying-_______ negotiations.
3. China often referred to itself as the "Most ____ Nation."
4. The Chinese fired upon the contingency from which location?
5. The high point of the _____ Dynasty was also the turning point for China.
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)