|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chinese fired upon the contingency from which location?
(a) Great Wall.
(b) Dagu Forts.
(c) Emperor's palace.
(d) Beijing's parliament house.
2. The ministry's new name translated into:
(a) Office for the General Management of Diplomacy.
(b) Office for the General Supervision of Ambassadorships.
(c) Office for the International Trade.
(d) Office for the General Management of the Affairs of All Nations.
3. The Manchu Heartland is located in ____ China.
4. The treaty allowed a permanent ____ to be established in Beijing.
(a) U.S. presence.
(c) Military base.
5. It was stated that Nian and ____ were places that constituted organic disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kissinger's first name?
2. China has produced a greater share of total world GDP than any Western civilization in ____ of the last 20 centuries.
3. Traditionally, China did not on technology or military power but relied upon two of its most deeply traditional resources: the analytical abilities of its diplomats, and the endurance and ____________ of its people.
4. Which method is used to translate Chinese close to the Roman alphabet?
5. This strategy was put into place by which of the following?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)