|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which American political scientist is mentioned?
2. What is the ruling philosophy of China?
(a) Mandate of Heaven.
(b) Imperial rule.
(c) Know thyself.
(d) Honor before self.
3. Who was considered to be China's principal threat at this time?
4. What was the name of the Emperor's half-brother?
(a) Prince Yuan.
(b) Prince Mei.
(c) Prince Gong.
(d) Prince Qi.
5. In what year did the French Jesuit Jean-Baptiste Du Halde write about China?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chinese referred to the British as ____.
2. How long had the conflict been going on?
3. Thirty years later, French political economist _____ expanded on Jean-Baptiste Du Halde's work.
4. In what year was the Treaty of Tianjin signed?
5. During which period did the decline take place?
This section contains 135 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)