|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Prince quote an ancient Chinese saying: "Resort to peace and _____ when temporarily obliged to do so; use war and defense as your actual policy."
2. Who was considered to be China's principal threat at this time?
3. The Chinese managed to pit which two countries against each other in Manchuria?
(a) Korea and Russia.
(b) China and India.
(c) France and Japan.
(d) Russia and Japan.
4. China has produced a greater share of total world GDP than any Western civilization in ____ of the last 20 centuries.
5. A tribute system was developed in the _____ Islands.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the "Plans for a Maritime Defense" go into effect?
2. In 1820, China produced ____ of the world GDP.
3. The treaty allowed a permanent ____ to be established in Beijing.
4. How many times has Kissinger visited China?
5. China often referred to itself as the "Most ____ Nation."
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)