|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Prince quote an ancient Chinese saying: "Resort to peace and _____ when temporarily obliged to do so; use war and defense as your actual policy."
2. What does "tian xia" mean?
(a) All under Heaven.
(b) Only one Emperor.
(c) United we stand.
(d) Together in faith.
3. The Chinese fired upon the contingency from which location?
(a) Beijing's parliament house.
(b) Emperor's palace.
(c) Great Wall.
(d) Dagu Forts.
4. Which method was adopted officially in the People's Republic of China in 1979 ?
5. Who is the ancient sage often referred to in the text?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the new ministry?
2. In what year did the "Plans for a Maritime Defense" go into effect?
3. What was the name of the Emperor's half-brother?
4. Traditionally, China did not on technology or military power but relied upon two of its most deeply traditional resources: the analytical abilities of its diplomats, and the endurance and ____________ of its people.
5. Which method is used to translate Chinese close to the Roman alphabet?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)