|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was China's leader at the time?
(a) Chiang Kai-Shek.
(b) Mao Zedong.
(c) Ma Ying-Jeou.
(d) Lin Sen.
2. Before the _____ War, China saw diplomacy and international trade as a way to express its preeminence.
(b) First World.
(c) Second World.
3. Which rebellion began in the 1850s?
4. Which major Chinese city was first visited by Kissinger?
(c) Hong Kong,
5. What does "tian xia" mean?
(a) Together in faith.
(b) United we stand.
(c) Only one Emperor.
(d) All under Heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1860, the Russians had been in Beijing for ____ years.
2. Which country initiated the treaty?
3. In what year B.C. did the Chinese unification take place?
4. In what year did Zheng He's expeditions stop abruptly?
5. Which method is used to translate Chinese close to the Roman alphabet?
This section contains 133 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)