|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first major attempt to right things with China was led by Britain's Lord George ______.
2. The Count managed to open Urga, which is located in which region?
(b) North Vietnam.
3. The Prince quote an ancient Chinese saying: "Resort to peace and _____ when temporarily obliged to do so; use war and defense as your actual policy."
4. This strategy was put into place by which of the following?
(a) Chiang Kai-Shek.
(b) Wei Yuan.
(c) Lin Sen.
(d) Mao Zedong.
5. Which is not one of the nomadic groups mentioned?
Short Answer Questions
1. Traditionally, China did not on technology or military power but relied upon two of its most deeply traditional resources: the analytical abilities of its diplomats, and the endurance and ____________ of its people.
2. When was the Han Dynasty?
3. In what month was the meeting called?
4. What word is best used to describe Li Hongzhang?
5. A new gap in authority began to appear after the occurrence of the Qiying-_______ negotiations.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)