|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-18; Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the director of the CIA at this time?
2. Kissinger reported to President Ford that Mao's attitude was "sort of ______."
3. Deng insisted that China should be the world's premier manufacturer of how many items?
4. The Count managed to open Urga, which is located in which region?
(c) North Vietnam.
5. Jiang claimed that there was no ____ between the United States and China.
(a) Love lost.
(b) Possible agreement.
(d) Conflict of interest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mao's title?
2. Which method is used to translate Chinese close to the Roman alphabet?
3. A tribute system was developed in the _____ Islands.
4. In Indochina, the French colonial project left all but which country with contested borders?
5. Traditionally, China did not on technology or military power but relied upon two of its most deeply traditional resources: the analytical abilities of its diplomats, and the endurance and ____________ of its people.
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)