|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By this time it is believed that China had survived for ____ years.
2. Who is the ancient sage often referred to in the text?
3. In 1820, China produced ____ of the world GDP.
4. This strategy was put into place by which of the following?
(a) Chiang Kai-Shek.
(b) Wei Yuan.
(c) Lin Sen.
(d) Mao Zedong.
5. China saw itself as being in the center of the world and often referred to itself as the _____.
(b) Middle Kingdom.
(c) World's Blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. China underwent a "century of _____" before giving into national communism.
2. The Prince quote an ancient Chinese saying: "Resort to peace and _____ when temporarily obliged to do so; use war and defense as your actual policy."
3. Which mountain range is on the western frontier of China?
4. In what year did the French Jesuit Jean-Baptiste Du Halde write about China?
5. Forces from which country were in place in which location at this time?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)