|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other country was a part of the Sinocentric world?
2. Lu Hsing-chi said that the country was in a(n) ____ condition.
3. Who is the ancient sage often referred to in the text?
4. In 1859, Frederick ____ arrived in Beijing.
5. The Count managed to open Urga, which is located in which region?
(d) North Vietnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chinese referred to the British as ____.
2. The United States experienced a new type of normalcy with the inauguration of President _____.
3. What was the name given to China's effort to support and strengthen its economy?
4. In which direction did the nomadic groups tend to stay?
5. In what year did the French Jesuit Jean-Baptiste Du Halde write about China?
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)