|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who worked as the Assistant Secretary of State for Eastern Affairs?
2. When was the Han Dynasty?
(a) A.D. 45-260.
(b) A.D. 12-419.
(c) A.D. 33-301.
(d) A.D. 25-220.
3. Which major Chinese city was first visited by Kissinger?
(d) Hong Kong,
4. What was the name of the Emperor's half-brother?
(a) Prince Gong.
(b) Prince Qi.
(c) Prince Mei.
(d) Prince Yuan.
5. In 1859, Frederick ____ arrived in Beijing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the French Jesuit Jean-Baptiste Du Halde write about China?
2. In which year was a letter dispatched from China to the US?
3. The Prince quote an ancient Chinese saying: "Resort to peace and _____ when temporarily obliged to do so; use war and defense as your actual policy."
4. The Count managed to open Urga, which is located in which region?
5. When did Eisenhower make his first State of the Union address?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)