|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It was said that China should strive for "comprehensive ________."
2. Traditionally, China did not on technology or military power but relied upon two of its most deeply traditional resources: the analytical abilities of its diplomats, and the endurance and ____________ of its people.
(a) Cultural confidence.
(c) Inner warriors.
3. Which mountain range is on the western frontier of China?
4. What was the name of the new ministry?
(a) Zongli Geguo Shiwu Yamen.
(b) Shiwu Zongli Geguo Yamen.
(c) Yuhan Wei Yamen Shiwu .
(d) Yamen Li Weishe Shiwu .
5. What year did the last conversations between Mao and Kissinger take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. At that time ____ was considered to be out of fashion.
2. A new gap in authority began to appear after the occurrence of the Qiying-_______ negotiations.
3. Russia promised to back up China under the Treaty of ______ and Alliance.
4. Who worked as the Assistant Secretary of State for Eastern Affairs?
5. This person went on to serve in which U.S. government position?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)